10 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

/Thread (Sadly)

Shame, indeed.

I know giving my $0.02 on this is pretty moot at this point, as the forums are on their way to limbo. But, for what it's worth I've been annoyed at this recently. Each time one of these old threads are resurrected it's by a new poster who found their way here through Google and are legit looking for info. The whole reason they took the time to sign up for an account was to post in said thread and get some answers/perspective. Instead, what they get is a response or two, then see the door slammed in their face because the thread was started over a year ago/i.e. sometime in the past that's considered "too old".

Standard etiquette on just about every forum I've ever participated on is to search for an existing topic on the issue before creating a new thread, which is exactly what these new users are doing. It's how they're finding this forum in the first place. A year from now every thread on this board is gonna be "old" and dated. What's the harm in letting a topic continue to be discussed in the meantime, regardless of when the conversation was started?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1