Sign in to follow this  
SouthernMan

Friday The 13th

With all of the negativity floating around I wanted to take a moment of my day to thank anyone who had anything to do with the creation of this game. Im old in video game years this game was the soul reason I  purchased a playstation and pay for ps plus. It has led me to rediscovering video games after what was about a 12 year hiatus. When I was a kid I used to hope and pray this game would get made. I am a huuuge fan of the franchise. This game exceeded my expectations. The details on the maps especially packanack are a thing of nostalgia that matched my highest hopes. The things we did not get were a part of the worst Friday the 13th film in the franchise(Jason X or manhattan take your pick) This is by far my favorite casual game on the ps4. I see so much whining and knitpicking every minute detail. Some of it is genuine, and some of it rings false. The sheer magnitude of the game for someone who loves the films is incredible. My father a 70 year old man loves it. This man loves nothing. So thank you to Gun Media, The development team(s), and anyone else involved in this game. You have 1 extremely satisfied fan. Heres to a part 2 on the next gen of consoles cheers.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

@SouthernMan, you and I are in the same boat as I too only pay for PS Plus just for this game alone. I also couldn't agree with you more, the attention to detail on the maps alone are incredible.

• Like 1

The game is a brilliant fucking mess and THE most entertaining game I’ve played in years. My brother and my best friend we all live in separate states and play together 1-2 nights a week. The screaming and tears from laughing at the shennnegins and close calls has brought significant joy to my life. Just last week we had the most incredibly difficult match against a 150 Savini, managed to repair the car at all costs, 3, 2, 1 and I was the last survivor, jumped in the car, sped off and Jason threw a knife and the car went crashing inside a cabin and I couldn’t breathe from screaming and laughing, re-running for my life  only to get snatched with 2 seconds left. The bugs, the theatrics, the shennegians, the entertainment of this game. 

• Like 3

Jeez, how refreshing it is to have a positive thread for a change, we could definitely use more of them. I've always felt that this is a good, solid game...it's just sprinkled with some little issues here and there, but underneath all that, it is a solid game in my opinion. Like you, I absolutely love the attention to detail in them making the maps as film accurate as possible. I truly believe this game was made by F13 fans, for F13 fans, and it shows. If you ask me, that's all that matters. If it does justice to the franchise, then it's done it's job, bugs/glitches or not.

• Like 2

Despite it flaws, I am incredibly grateful this game exists and look forward to playing again in the near future. I know content isn't likely to continue, but I know the bugs will get squashed, balancing will find a happy middleground and believe support for PS4 Pro and Xbox One X will happen.

3 hours ago, SouthernMan said:

With all of the negativity floating around I wanted to take a moment of my day to thank anyone who had anything to do with the creation of this game. Im old in video game years this game was the soul reason I  purchased a playstation and pay for ps plus. It has led me to rediscovering video games after what was about a 12 year hiatus. When I was a kid I used to hope and pray this game would get made. I am a huuuge fan of the franchise. This game exceeded my expectations. The details on the maps especially packanack are a thing of nostalgia that matched my highest hopes. The things we did not get were a part of the worst Friday the 13th film in the franchise(Jason X or manhattan take your pick) This is by far my favorite casual game on the ps4. I see so much whining and knitpicking every minute detail. Some of it is genuine, and some of it rings false. The sheer magnitude of the game for someone who loves the films is incredible. My father a 70 year old man loves it. This man loves nothing. So thank you to Gun Media, The development team(s), and anyone else involved in this game. You have 1 extremely satisfied fan. Heres to a part 2 on the next gen of consoles cheers.

@mattshotcha A positive message for the team... Please share this with them... hopefully it will brighten their day. Many of us feel the same way... and some of us have posted similar messages in the past... Mine was in my introduction post from way back when I knew nothing about this game... other than what I had seen In it that reflects aspects of the movies.

My father a 70 year old man loves it. This man loves nothing.

At last!!! Confirmation that I am not the oldest person that plays this game!!!!… I also love nothing... well... close to nothing.
   I hope he continues to love it and enjoys playing it for eons yet to come!... and you too of course!!!

This game exceeded my expectations. The details on the maps especially packanack are a thing of nostalgia that matched my highest hopes.

The first time I saw the lodge in Packanack… and saw the bell on the porch... Well... it reminded me that the real building burnt down all those years ago... and I often wonder... Who grabbed and kept that bell from the ashes... I know I would have grabbed it had I been there. The bar that saved Ted (and some other nameless counselors) from Jason also burned down... I would have liked to go there for a beer.
    I had the same feeling when I saw the Higgins house... But there was nothing there that would have survived the fire that burned it down.

• Like 1

I really truly appreciate this and will share this with the team. 

• Like 2

@SouthernMan

Well said, my Southern brother!  This game has had flaws, and I've been vocal about them at times; but this is also the most fun I've ever had playing a game.  And like you, I've been dreaming about a game like this since I was a kid.  I'd love for more content to be created, but I know that's not in the cards anymore.  I'll continue to have a blast playing this game until Gun makes a sequel.

• Like 1

I bought a PS4 for this game too (two of them actually since the first one decided to go kaput on me). Nobody can or will deny this game has more bugs than a Compton crackhouse, but when you set-up the perfect Stalk jump-scare and hear the guy scream like a bitch over the air or the car you're riding in dodges a relentless Jason by the skin of your teeth and makes it to the exit, all of that becomes worth it. A lot of people like claiming this game is trash, or unplayable, or my personal favorite, "Dead"... but no, it's NOT dead, fuck you very much. The fact that it doesn't have millions of players doesn't mean it's dead. I'd be willing to bet the people still playing this game are more invested and have more love for it (even with all it's bugs, glitches, and toxic assholes) than any Fortnight or COD player does for theirs.

• Like 5

@SouthernMan, this topic was long overdue.

@JasonLives86, we have a positive post here and there, but there can never be too many.

@Ahab, I suspected for the longest time that you weren't the eldest player in this community. You are one of the more respected members though.

@HaHaTrumpWon, I never took any claims seriously that this game was "dead". I do like your perspective on the people who keep saying that.

I think we need a few new forum games in off-topic to perk things up around here. I'll get right on that with my think tank.

To the positive members of our community, keep up the good work.

• Thanks 1

I fully agree with you here.

All the details of the maps, jasons, councelors and the core itself gave me a gaming experience that no other game even came close to.

Great game , can't wait for a sequel.

Talking about great things ^^ they fixed those interaction locks , i've been waiting for this patch ever since May 2018 :D

1 minute ago, DeadDuck said:

Talking about great things ^^ they fixed those interaction locks , i've been waiting for this patch ever since May 2018 :D

Is this all it took to turn you into a cool forum member? I almost feel bad about eating your cousins now.

🙄 joking. I actually always want to compliment you on the pun in your name but you were always so hostile or chaotic that I never got a chance, cool way to get around the swearing in the reference.

• Like 1

Some of us were highly entertained by Jason X.

I'm the type of person who's happy to even HAVE more Jason movies, good or corny.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NightmareFuel said:

(I'm the type of person who's happy to even HAVE more Jason movies, good or corny.)

It has two of my favourite scenes in it, and to be honest it was perfect for the time it was released. Until we get an entirely serious reboot of the series, it has its place in the last half of the originals. It’s comedy elements are the only part that suffers from age, to be honest a lot of it didn’t work then. 

I’ll watch the whole thing just to see the double sleeping bag kill, still think that was a brilliant scene. Teen me was fond of the costumes too, doesn’t take a genius to figure out why, lol.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NightmareFuel said:

(I'm the type of person who's happy to even HAVE more Jason movies, good or corny.)

I skipped school to see Jason X. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I almost feel bad about eating your cousins now.

Uhh that's why they didn't replied in long time :D

You better avoid me ingame , just lately i demolished a full lobby with 5 150lvl god players ^^

• Haha 1

Thanks for the positive thread!  I totally agree with you, this game will always be a a fan boys masterpiece.  I never ever thought I would be able to play a Friday the 13th game where I would be able to walk in the actual locations of the movies against a mo-capped Kane Hodder. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, shodan said:

Thanks for the positive thread!  I totally agree with you, this game will always be a a fan boys masterpiece.  I never ever thought I would be able to play a Friday the 13th game where I would be able to walk in the actual locations of the movies against a mo-capped Kane Hodder. 

No problem just voicing my opinion. Now we need to get all the positive peeps linked up to play.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I'd be willing to bet the people still playing this game are more invested and have more love for it (even with all it's bugs, glitches, and toxic assholes) than any Fortnight or COD player does for theirs.

I think you would be making a very safe bet here.

18 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I suspected for the longest time that you weren't the eldest player in this community. You are one of the more respected members though.

Thanks!... For just a moment, I almost felt young again.... Almost.
   And thanks again!!… But there are times I feel I should begin some of my posts with Rodney Dangerfield's most famous of one liners.

14 hours ago, NightmareFuel said:

Some of us were... yes.
   It was "corny"... but it had some great moments... such as the "face smash" kill... along with a few other very interesting and inventive kills... But some people just cannot fully appreciate Lexa Doig's and Lysa Ryder's "acting skills".

• Haha 1