On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:21 AM, Dead Meme said:

In this video at 0:59 there’s a fire cracker throw bug.  Is this intended or no?

@mattshotcha This is not a bug, it is just the in game archery physics carrying over to the firecracker throws... aiming higher gives greater range to thrown objects... at least, that is what happened at the 0:59 mark in the video.
    Even with throwing knives, you can still only make this work so far away, and beyond thirty feet or so, it becomes incredibly difficult to hit your target as the target is so tiny from that distance out... and just seems to keep getting smaller as they get further away. Using it with firecrackers is not going to work very well for accuracy without a healthy dose of luck.

I can hit someone with a throwing knife across the creek on Higgins... but it is far from consistent, even against an unmoving target. Any further than that becomes exponentially more difficult to hit your target and is generally a waste of throwing knives unless the target is not moving... and your aim is exceptional. But like I said, at these distances, the target is so small... your chance of hitting them is very small... and you also need the proper height vs distance to even stand a chance at hitting that small target... which simply means... aim above your target.

If the angle is too high, then it will reduce the effective distance of whatever you are throwing as well... The inaccuracy of a firecracker throw in the first place generally makes this a bad idea for use with that particular item.

The devs actually did a better job with the in game archery physics in this game than it has been done in almost every other game I have played that utilizes it... I remember AVP 2... the alien could actually pounce from one side of the map to the other if the angle was correct... which made it crappy and unrealistic in my opinion. This of course, was considering that there was no obstruction in the way, such as a ceiling… it was only possible to achieve this distance with a pounce on the out side maps.
    But my point is... the archery physics in this game (F13 of course) are very well done and realistic... more realistic than many people would think, even considering that wind will never be a factor here. But first, you would need to understand how "archery" works... It applies to more than just bows and arrows... and there are equations to determine proper angle height vs range... which also include, weight of the projectile, account for wind speed... and so forth. If you know anyone that has ever used an artillery piece... they could probably explain it to you very well.... Learn your math... it is the key to the universe.
    It is also one of many uses for geometry that most people overlook.

@DontZzz34 @Armani? and @badassgixxer05… I thought you all may like to know this as well.
   This is why I always point out that offline bots is great for target practice... whether for short range quick throws, or long distance throws. I am getting better with mid range quick throws and still practicing.... badass may have even been the victim of a few of these hits... and if he has not, then... soon badass... very soon.

2 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

@Ahab I was thinking about the same thing. While it looks a bit weird the physics make some sense to me.

Yup... I recognized what it was immediately... But I never bother trying to use it with firecrackers... too inaccurate. There is a much higher chance of using firecrackers successfully at close range.

I actually discovered the archery physics in game by accident. I threw a knife at someone going through a window... aiming at the torso. I missed the throw and approached the window to smash it... Then I saw the knife stuck in the wall, about a foot up from the ground... I knew instantly why that was and started to test it out in game... and it works very well. It just takes some practice... which is better to do on offline bots. You will miss a lot at first.
   Once you figure out the height vs distance... it is just a matter of lining up the shot properly as the target gets narrower as the distance between yourself and your target grows. The points on the crosshairs helps a lot with this.
   This can also be done against a counselor running to your left or right... but now you must also factor in the distance ahead of them as well as the height vs distance for a successful hit... which is much harder than using this on someone running away from you in a straight line.
    I have got some hilarious reactions out of people with this. One of my longest successful shots was from right in front of the front door of the Higgins main house (I was off the porch of course)... hitting a counselor moving out onto the dock to put a part on the boat... I cannot remember the exact wording of what that person said over the mic... I just remember it made me laugh for a while.

3 hours ago, Ahab said:

@DontZzz34 @Armani? and @badassgixxer05… I thought you all may like to know this as well.
   This is why I always point out that offline bots is great for target practice... whether for short range quick throws, or long distance throws. I am getting better with mid range quick throws and still practicing.... badass may have even been the victim of a few of these hits... and if he has not, then... soon badass... very soon.

No I have def been hit by some of your knives. I prefer you have an off day. Works better that way for me.. haha.. 🍻

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

No I have def been hit by some of your knives. I prefer you have an off day. Works better that way for me.. haha.. 🍻

I missed four throws in a row at someone last night... but I cannot remember who it was... I have "off games" every night... but it is rare that I have an entire night of "off games." I think it has worked out that way a few times before though.