Sign in to follow this  
ExpertDual

Jason should get a character ban

Y'know, instead of Rob Dier dying at the Start of every round Jason what if Jason killed a Specific Counselor at the Start of the Round and Nobody else can play that character for the Match. I'd call it the First Victim ban. He does it before the Round starts and if you were the First victim you have to play as a Random Counselor. Thoughts? People are often like ohh thats too overcentralizing People would just Ban Vanessa everygame. But I know I would ban lightfoot AJ if I knew she was there, No Fear Jenny, Repair characters etc or just if I know a player was really good with their main. 

If I’m understanding you correctly, you want a vote to disallow a specific Counselor from being played in the match? 

And they will be executed in place of Rob?

While it’s certainly interesting, it isn’t something I’d want. I’m sorry but we’re only going to get so many fixes or anything else for that matter.

I’d really rather them spend the time to convert the SPC maps to multiplayer maps, give Perks an overhaul and clean up the remaining glitch spots. While continuing to balance adjust the play for escape and killing Jason. 

I get what you’re saying and I like it. Very unpopular but I always wanted a character lock to no more than 2 of the same character in each lobby but whatever I guess. 

• Like 1

It would definitely be hype and add Excitement to every game. Watching every cutscene and seeing your main die as Jason begins his Approach would actually be Scary. It would give Worse Jasons an easier time and prevent overcentralizing team comps like lobbies all filled with one or two Characters. If I played with my Friends for instance I would kill them every round even if they were the only one playing Deborah or something. It opens way more strategies for Jason and its really easy to do animation wise just a model swap. Random selection is also already in the game but you won't get Perks for Tommy Jarvis. 

The only thing is, Vanessa would be banned pretty much every round. Hell, I’d ban her @ExpertDual. She the only Counselor that would ever be restricted as far as I can see.

Teamers could also use it to push repair or stealth characters out. Friend groups could punish someone who escaped them in a previous match. There’s just too much negative that could happen.

It is an interesting idea and I hope you continue to post your idea’s. Your next one could be brilliant or inspire someone else.

Edit - Not patronizing you, sorry if it sounds that way, I really do think it could have potential in another game. @Fair Play, if your still compiling your list of game ideas, this one could be cool. A way for the killer to prevent a specific character, class, or other thing in the game from spawning. 

I've suggested a similar idea as @BeautyNumber2 before except limiting it to 1 person per counselor. With all the counselor mains saying Jason should adapt, I think they could get behind this idea as it would create suspense not knowing how you have to play. I would even go so far as forcing random counselor selection. Of course too many people would cry if it were implemented.

2 hours ago, ExpertDual said:

instead of Rob Dier dying at the Start of every round Jason what if Jason killed a Specific Counselor at the Start of the Round and Nobody else can play that character for the Match.

Many people will just quit the match after it starts if they cannot play the counselor that they want to play... Some people really only want to play one specific counselor, and you cannot fault them for their preferences, whatever their preference may be.
   I think it would be a good idea to change up the person getting killed at the start of the match... just to spice things up a bit. But it is not necessary to ban a specific counselor because of it. This can already be done in a private match in which everyone agrees to a specific counselor ban.
   Also... I have to agree with @Slasher_Clone only so much more will be done with this game... and I would prefer to see a balance in which Jason is a challenge to kill and far from being a clown... but counselors still have a fair chance to escape... It is closer to that now than ever before. There are still a lot of bugs to fix... and the perk rework... and glitch spots to remove... and so forth.

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

The only thing is, Vanessa would be banned pretty much every round.

With rage as it is now... and the multiple counselor hits doing 100% damage to each counselor struck by Jason's weapon... bring on the Vanessa septuplets. The piñata party can no longer last very long and they will be cut down quickly enough standing in Jason's face... those that run will be extremely easy to find from a distance...  Sense, stalk, morph and shift... and after a couple pocket knives... they will die. This is now just begging for an easy 8 of 8 match for Jason.
    I never found Vanessa to be a problem... it is the player behind Vanessa that is the potential problem. Most players that can cause you issues with Vanessa can do it with any other counselor too... at least, to one extent or another. Low luck counselors cannot fight for nearly as long before needing to find another weapon. Vanessa's speed and stamina can be defeated with excessive sneakiness and throwing knives. And looping... even the best loopers can be quickly defeated the same way... Never underestimate the sneakiness... or the quick throws... but the excessive time to collect the throwing knives required can present an issue.

51 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

I would even go so far as forcing random counselor selection. Of course too many people would cry if it were implemented.

I cannot get behind the forced random counselor thingy... Every time the random bug forces me to play Chad, I feel like I need a shower.... I am not crying about playing a counselor I do not want to play... but rather about the number of showers required in a night.

14 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

if your still compiling your list of game ideas, this one could be cool. A way for the killer to prevent a specific character, class, or other thing in the game from spawning. 

I am, and I think this would be an interesting one to implement somehow. Thanks for the tag.

13 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

I've suggested a similar idea as @BeautyNumber2 before except limiting it to 1 person per counselor. With all the counselor mains saying Jason should adapt, I think they could get behind this idea as it would create suspense not knowing how you have to play. I would even go so far as forcing random counselor selection. Of course too many people would cry if it were implemented.

I wouldn't force such a thing on people, but if it was a setting one could toggle in a Private match, that would be fine for those that wanted it.

12 hours ago, Ahab said:

Also... I have to agree with @Slasher_Clone only so much more will be done with this game... and I would prefer to see a balance in which Jason is a challenge to kill and far from being a clown... but counselors still have a fair chance to escape... It is closer to that now than ever before. There are still a lot of bugs to fix... and the perk rework... and glitch spots to remove... and so forth.

I agree on the limitation of what's left to be done with this game. The bugs and balance are the main things to address. The perk rework will prove interesting.

• Like 2