Sign in to follow this  
Fair Play

Counselor Survival Since the Patch

Which Counselors Are You Surviving As Lately?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which Counselors Are You Surviving As Lately?

• Adam
    • AJ
    • Buggzy
    • Chad
    • Deborah
    • Fox
    • Jenny
    • Kenny
    • LaChappa
    • Mitch
    • Shelly
    • Tiffany
    • Vanessa
    • Victoria

Ok, every single Jason had to struggle against a good group of players. Most still do. The Jasons that claim to "wipe out a full lobby with ease" are either super-Jasons, are lying or are up against a poor set of counselors (or some players in the lobby are mediocre at best).

Classic: I believe the group I mostly play with, including myself, are up for the challenge. Prove me wrong!

I play with a group of above average to high-level players and have seen no discernible difference in gameplay since the changes. Do you know why? Because none of these players had to rely on chump stuns and other cheap tactics in order to win. They were already adept at avoiding Jason, getting parts to where they need to go, and splitting objectives effectively. You can still have 1-2 players assigned to fend off Jason in tight situations for the first 10 or so minutes.

The idea that Jason is somehow "overpowered" now because of this change is nonsensical hyperbole. The stun immunity does help in specific situations but overall if you have enough health sprays and good perks (medic, thick-skinned) you can still kite Jason quite well post-rage. Counselors who were good at the actual game and could work together before the patch will see almost no difference to their games. Counselors who wanted it to be a combat simulator are the ones who are having a hard go of it because they never took the time to learn how to play the objective and just wanted to run around with a wrench so they could pop Jason and tea-bag. 

I keep my counselor selection set on random. At this point, I believe I have survived the night with everyone post-patch except for LaChappa, and in his defense, there is nearly nothing that poor kid is going to be able to do if Jason shows up to where he spawns first and decides to tunnel, but I equip him with the firecracker perk and am considering adding the flare gun perk to that [scribbles into fake notebook with fake pencil].

I'm happy with the game as a counselor, and as Jason at the moment, but I am notoriously easy to please [scribbles out follow-up mom joke in the previously mentioned fake notebook].

A raged out Jason is not the end of the game for my counselors, but does necessitate a fluid approach to strategy.

An example:

I randomed in as Tiffany on the Jarvis map. Being in a lobby with no microphones, I set about trying to achieve objectives as best as I could with her cute little feeble brain, but found myself alone in the tasks, and watched the player list dwindle as I wound up alone in the woods, as well.

Part 4 Jason found me on the outskirts of the map, but I was able to make it into the Jarvis residence and up the stairs into a designated hiding spot...I want to say it was in Trish's room. I heard Jason trashing the other rooms as he looked for me, and when he reached my room, I exited the closet as soon as he started walking my way. I got slashed for my troubles but got firecrackers onto the floor or hit him for a stun before another hit killed me. Limping, I closed the un-smashed door, killed my flashlight, and hobbled my way down the stairs. I nestled just beyond the couch and lamp in the living room and waited for death. 

Pamela had cackled as range kicked in, and Jason was now back on the hunt. I hear him smash more rooms, so I at least knew he didn't see me hit the stairs. He begins searching the whole house, periodically stepping outside to confirm I'm still there. Every room gets searched including the living room, but I stayed still and he overlooked me, even smashing a closet right beside me.

The timer ticks down and I survive the night.

I guess ultimately, the point I want to prove is that I will look for any excuse to tell a long-winded story.

A big thanks goes out to everyone who has been sharing their success stories and proving that counselors are still surviving just fine.

@lasse_hei, when those matches go down, let us know. I'm be the one collecting the bets. Any takers? 😎

5 hours ago, Shadesofjoe said:

The idea that Jason is somehow "overpowered" now because of this change is nonsensical hyperbole.

Nonsensical hyperbole sounds very sophisticated. You don't mind if I borrow this line once in a while do you?

40 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I guess ultimately, the point I want to prove is that I will look for any excuse to tell a long-winded story.

I enjoy a good long-winded story. I'll bring the beverage of choice. Just name it.

On 2/5/2019 at 2:47 PM, NthnButAGoodTime said:

At this point, I believe I have survived the night with everyone post-patch except for LaChappa, and in his defense, there is nearly nothing that poor kid is going to be able to do if Jason shows up to where he spawns first and decides to tunnel, but I equip him with the firecracker perk and am considering adding the flare gun perk to that [scribbles into fake notebook with fake pencil].

Update: I have now survived post-patch with LaChappa, WITH an unlucky spawn AND a tunneling Jason. 

Carry on.

• Like 1

Haven't played much since the latest update as I've been nerding RE2 up however I voted Kenny since I play him like 85% of the time.

Not surprised to see AJ on the lead to be honest since she has 10/10 stealth plus that 7 repair which helps you avoid Jason and get shit done undetected before rage. (Pardon my language 😝).