Dragonfire82877

To everyone complaining that Jason is too OP now

Maybe make Jason invincible,truly invincible but remove all his special abilities. In the films I dont remember him evil dead shifting through the forest...lol. I love the update.

Not wanting to get involved in this particular argument, but I do have to say that what @Somethin Cool is telling you is exactly what I worked out while watching the stream. I think the patch has accomplished two things, the first is good and as @HuDawg puts it ‘Jason got his balls back’, secondly once the glitch is fixed Jason’s will still behave as if they have balls and that will lead them to the slaughter. These two things are connected and not necessarily about damage, they’re about behaviour. Currently we’re seeing the effects of Jason’s Rage on Counselor, they will either escape pre-rage or in time turn Jason’s rage against him. Jason’s will become arrogant about anyone who hasn’t escaped pre rage, then we have him.

Imagine if two Counselors attack you, they both have Thick Skin and the best damage perks available to them, another two Counselors have Medic and Preparedness plus some other useful perk for keeping an eye on Jason, say the Flaregun perk. The Thugs bully and take the mask the medics heal them from out of range of Jason’s attacks, while they are attacking him. If he runs you mark him, The Sweater Girl never has to get closer than the prompt, the shotgun to drop him never has to be anywhere near him. I was going to use the balcony over looking Packanack. Tommy well Tommy just needs to be ready with an ax/machete. “Game over man, game over...”

SomethinCool isn’t talking out his ass, he’s just analyzed the situation a little farther ahead than the rest of the forum. I will gladly help him demonstrate how to utterly humiliate any player who wants proof. Then we can get on with talking about what comes next because he’s right. (And quite frankly, he’s going to keep arguing with you because he wants to help you understand, not because he thinks he’s better than you.)

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, pieeater said:

Stop riding the developer's d*ck. This patch is awful.

ain't no one doing that and this is the best patch in long time but You're probably one of the dancers thats why you hate it

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

SomethinCool isn’t talking out his ass, he’s just analyzed the situation a little farther ahead than the rest of the forum.

Really? Because..  What I see Is this.

Post Rage.  I can just tunnel someone and melee slash them to death and theres nothing they or anyone can do about it besides slow me down with a shotgun.

Sure.. everyone else might escape.  But the bitch with the sweater has no escape.  She can no longer stun me... and heal.  Im just up her ass till shes dead.

And I've been able to test this with a few friends already.   Just because they gave Jason his balls back doesn't mean he has to go balls to walls every chance he gets.    But if Jason really wants to tunnels ONE player and wants to kill them.  They are basically fucked.

And im the type of person who will let people escape.  I don't consider the game having winners or losers.  Just victims.  

Possibly an anomaly but the Jasons I faced last night were even less successful than usual. I was prepared for a night of bloodbaths but I must have escaped in something like 80-90% of my matches and Jason was killed once or twice. But then I'm a stealth repair counselor so I'm used to getting shit done during the first half of matches anyway.  :ajsaltbae:

5 minutes ago, Eva Watanabe said:

Possibly an anomaly but the Jasons I faced last night were even less successful than usual. I was prepared for a night of bloodbaths but I must have escaped in something like 80-90% of my matches and Jason was killed once or twice. But then I'm a stealth repair counselor so I'm used to getting shit done during the first half of matches anyway.  :ajsaltbae:

People who actually play the objectives are largely unaffected by the recent changes. It's the counselors who want to gang up on Jason and troll/take the game hostage who are suffering, which is perfectly fine to me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Eva Watanabe said:

This is going to become even more common, Jason actually doesn’t stand a chance of defending objectives if they’re being pushed.

18 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Post Rage.  I can just tunnel someone and melee slash them to death and theres nothing they or anyone can do about it besides slow me down with a shotgun.

Sure.. everyone else might escape.  But the bitch with the sweater has no escape.  She can no longer stun me... and heal.  Im just up her ass till shes dead.

And I've been able to test this with a few friends already.   Just because they gave Jason his balls back doesn't mean he has to go balls to walls every chance he gets.    But if Jason really wants to tunnels ONE player and wants to kill them.  They are basically fucked.

And im the type of person who will let people escape.  I don't consider the game having winners or losers.  Just victims.  

When you come for the Sweater Girl, the medics will heal her, the thugs will body block and take your mask. You’ll be dead before you have a chance to killer her. I glad you play smart but it won’t make any difference, this is what SomethinCool is trying to tell you. No conditions have actually been changed to kill him other than the shotgun and that’s actually a buff to Counselors.

I guess I’ll just have to wait, people will see and the meta will evolve. Hunting Parties are going to be very dangerous once they collectively pull their heads out of their asses. 

I should clarify a little why I don’t think this is the largest concern, because of the behaviour change Jason isn’t going to have much of a chance at more than 2 kills per match because everyone will have escaped. Hudawg your argument for months was Jason can’t be everywhere, it’s still true regardless of the rage buff. Do you guard the phone and let the cars go, or chase a car and let the cops get called, you can only do one?

1 hour ago, Ste_Wolf said:

I can show you a movie where he gets killed by a child. Does that count?

No it does not. I never claimed he wasn’t defeated in the films. How many times was he chain stunned and tea bagged in the films?

28 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

No honestly Jason will be back to hiding in the lake tossing knives from what he believes is just out of reach. And then we'll stun him drop him with whatever the devs decide will drop him and kill him under water. (Yes that's possible). And we're back to square one.

25 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

No honestly Jason will be back to hiding in the lake tossing knives from what he believes is just out of reach. And then we'll stun him drop him with whatever the devs decide will drop him and kill him under water. (Yes that's possible). And we're back to square one.

You make it sooo easy... But you're wrong. 

Even if you have Jason demasked.. with a sweater girl and Tommy.  You still would have to land a Shotgun blast.   And, for me dodging shotgun blast has always been pretty easy.

Whats gone is.  No more circle jerk stun stunning Jason and healing once hes got rage.  That's is the BIGGEST reason why killing Jason and beating him was so easy.  Now that's basically gone for half the game.

If you don't have Jason demasked.. And hes on the sweater girls ass with Rage active..  What are you gonna do?  You can't trade hits with him, stun him and heal.  Other people trying to attack with melee from the back will not get any stuns either.  

Either way.. I've never been killed as Jason.  And none of these changes are going to effect my play style in negative way.

29 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

When you come for the Sweater Girl, the medics will heal her, the thugs will body block and take your mask. 

Body block me.. That's funny.

When testing this last night their attempt at body blocking just go them slashed too.  In most cases it didn't even slow me down in the slightest.

Its funny that you brought up body blocking.  Because that was one of 1st things we tried and was pretty funny seeing everyone get wacked.

Just now, HuDawg said:

When testing this last night their attempt at body blocking just go them slashed too.  In most cases it didn't even slow me down in the slightest.

Its funny that you brought up body blocking.  Because that was one of 1st things we tried and was pretty funny seeing everyone get wacked.

I could get a one hit demask before the patch if the hit didn't stun. Not sure where you're going with this... Jason won't have time to get enough hits in to even kill one counselor running thick skin. 

7 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Whats gone is.  No more circle jerk stun stunning Jason and healing once hes got rage.  That's is the BIGGEST reason why killing Jason and beating him was so easy.  Now that's basically gone for half the game.

I don't have a problem with this except for the way they went about doing it. It's great that he's not stunned as much. Unfortunately he's trading more damage for less stun. 

6 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Everybody gets whacked sure, but one of the two blockers takes your mask, the sweater stuns you, you get shot in the back of the head, put on your knees and Tommy kills you. With a hunting party of five you die every single time. Nether Tommy nor the Sweater Girl need to ever come with in reach they just kite and if you Shift-grab, you take a Pk and then the above happens. 

I don’t hunt Jason but I’ll kill you, if you want? 

(I was going to say pop your cherry but you’re really not my type.)

• Haha 1

Just now, Slasher_Clone said:

Everybody gets whacked sure, but one of the two blockers takes your mask, the sweater stuns you, you get shot in the back of the head, put on your knees and Tommy kills you. With a hunting party of five you die every single time. 

Ya.. except I can kill anyone in under a few seconds with melee slashes if they can't stun me..   Faster than everything you just posted that they 'might' do.

Im not saying Jason is OP and impossible to kill.  Im saying... I can get on any player I want and kill them in seconds even if they are grouped up.

And guess what?  If I want to avoid them.. I just go old skool.   Theres reason why I have never been killed.  And nothing in this update changes that.. it only helps me.

8 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

I don't have a problem with this except for the way they went about doing it. It's great that he's not stunned as much. Unfortunately he's trading more damage for less stun. 

Id rather play the game without mask if that means I never get stunned..

You're kind of barking up the wrong tree here.

I see alot of people on Facebook Friday the 13th groups that dont like the update .

Jason is too powerful and hard to kill.

Its time to protest.

Bring back Jason kills.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Ya.. except I can kill anyone in under a few seconds with melee slashes if they can't stun me..   Faster than everything you just posted that they 'might' do.

Im not saying Jason is OP and impossible to kill.  Im saying... I can get on any player I want and kill them in seconds even if they are grouped up. you’ll get one knife and one swing, then you’ll die. It’s mechanics not skill.

And guess what?  If I want to avoid them.. I just go old skool.   Theres reason why I have never been killed.  And nothing in this update changes that.. it only helps me. For a guy who will take on the world with his words, have you ever accepted Tommy’s, Genie’s, Somethin’s, or my offers to play you? We’re all on PS4, as far as I know. I’m not going to go in circles with you, enjoy your bath in the lake, that’s what you mean by old school right, hiding?

6 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I never accepted anything from Tommy and Genie because they refuse to buy me new PC.  I don't play on PC.  

And it never mattered.  Because its a suckers bet and I have nothing to prove to them. 

I go 100% defensive as Jason..  And have a 20 yard barrier that cannot be breached.  If anyone breaches that barrier, by even a foot.  I shift away...  While constantly using shift and morph.

If the game changes from Jason killing Counselors to Counselors killing Jason..   Then I basically play the opposite of how Jason should be played.

Which for me means.. I never die as Jason

I also disagree with the other comments you made about slashing someone to death.  Its much easier to single put a single target and slash them to death if you're immune to stun.

8 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

You mean less susceptible to stuns. A stunning hit does less damage than a hit that doesn't stun. In rage, Jason can't be stunned. Therefore Jason takes more damage in rage. Nobody realizes that because there isn't much of a reason to hit him in rage...yet. But once they fix the no kill in rage glitch, there will be. Also if they plan on making the shotgun the weapon to kneel Jason, the shotgun is an absolute guaranteed stun. Before even with sucker punch the kneeling hit wasn't 100% guaranteed to drop Jason but it definitely will be now. Now add all that information up and give it to all the pissed off Jason bashers, most of which already know this, plus the average kill squad, and you're going to have dead Jason's everywhere. I'd say we'd be right back to square one but in fact we're a step behind that now because it's going to be even easier to demask and get a guaranteed drop to get the kill. The only thing they did was sped everything up.

Quoted for truth. 

the only more difficult thing is gonna be you're gonna need 3 people in the kill sequence instead of just Tommy and Sweater.

Someone needs to shoot the shotgun, after all...and Tommy having to change weapons isn't the greatest of plans nor having sweater girl shoot him as it would require very precise timing and someone who isn't good at mashing X. 

3 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Quoted for truth. 

the only more difficult thing is gonna be you're gonna need 3 people in the kill sequence instead of just Tommy and Sweater.

Someone needs to shoot the shotgun, after all...and Tommy having to change weapons isn't the greatest of plans nor having sweater girl shoot him as it would require very precise timing and someone who isn't good at mashing X. 

Lol I can always find enough people 😉

A very reliable source tells me they've already released the hot fix to the no rage kill glitch. 

Sharpen up those axes fellas. It's gonna get messy at camp real soon😈

2 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Here's all that will need to be done once they allow the shotgun to kneel Jason during sweater stun...

2 people need to just stay on you with axes and machetes, they can trade shots with you because if they die it doesn't matter.  You will be demasked by two people who can just rapid fire hit you until you kill them.  Neither weapon will do any stun to you and just straight damage. 

Then Tommy, any girl can go into the shack and get the sweater and axe with a third person in the background with a shotgun who you won't bother with because "sweater girl!"  You'll show up at the shack as they're walking outside, they run to get you into a clear area a few feet away from the shack.  Sweater activated, you get blasted by a shotgun, Tommy prompts the axe and you, you're dead.  100% of the time. 

1 hour ago, Strigoi said:

I see alot of people on Facebook Friday the 13th groups that dont like the update .

Jason is too powerful and hard to kill.

Its time to protest.

Bring back Jason kills.

Not saying it’s the particular groups you are referring to, but most of the groups I follow on Facebook have several people who brag about glitching and gang beating Jason. So I can see them being upset about this current patch. 

@Slasher_Clone I agree that objective based teams are going to have no issue escaping. Jason received no real buffs in the first 10 minutes. 

That is why he needs something else in the beginning. Same as counselors deserve some sort of way to regain stamina other than standing still against rage mode. I have said my ideas in other threads so no need repeating them here(as most of the current threads are repeated arguments)

I will say in our group last night I saw not as skilled Jason players doing a lot better and enjoying it more. People need to think of some of the newer players and their enjoyment in playing as Jason. If we want to keep a stronger fanbase around then this patch is effective in preventing Jasons from being pummelled the entire match. Matches still range from 2-8 kills per match, just more often I see wipes, which is evident to a step in the right direction. 

As for the Jason killing, its still same in the beginning basically. Only issue now is you have to really coordinate and use teamwork, as well as manage where all the shotguns are and make sure they dont get used up early. Use melee weapons early, then bring out the shotguns. Protect your sweater girl and Tommy same as before. Problem in doing it is always lack of coordination and communication. People fleeing and protecting themselves instead of thinking of the bigger end game. 

15 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

@Slasher_Clone I agree that objective based teams are going to have no issue escaping. Jason received no real buffs in the first 10 minutes. 

That is why he needs something else in the beginning. Same as counselors deserve some sort of way to regain stamina other than standing still against rage mode. I have said my ideas in other threads so no need repeating them here(as most of the current threads are repeated arguments)

I will say in our group last night I saw not as skilled Jason players doing a lot better and enjoying it more. People need to think of some of the newer players and their enjoyment in playing as Jason. If we want to keep a stronger fanbase around then this patch is effective in preventing Jasons from being pummelled the entire match. Matches still range from 2-8 kills per match, just more often I see wipes, which is evident to a step in the right direction. 

As for the Jason killing, its still same in the beginning basically. Only issue now is you have to really coordinate and use teamwork, as well as manage where all the shotguns are and make sure they dont get used up early. Use melee weapons early, then bring out the shotguns. Protect your sweater girl and Tommy same as before. Problem in doing it is always lack of coordination and communication. People fleeing and protecting themselves instead of thinking of the bigger end game. 

That’s not a bad summary, and I agree with your assessment that new Jason’s can have a lot more fun with it. I share Somethin’s worry about them when people work it out and hope that it isn’t too crazy after today’s patch. 

The one thing that I really like about it besides the benefit to new Jason players, is that it encourages communication and objective pushing. Counselors are gonna get some love soonish and Jason deserves a good stretch, even if it is mostly perception based and not mechanical. 

I’m just a bit impatient to get on with talking about buffing Jason early in the game (a charge type attack is a good idea), and then talking about how to use the perk rework to buff Counselors for the whole match or at least more specific play styles or team roles. 

There are Jasons that will likely get cocky in rage.

If counselors are in a larger cabin, Jason is going to lose sight of them since the entire cabin is going to light up. If the cabin has been set up with bear traps, knowing Jason is going to be raging through everything, it's an opportune time to kill him. Just have what you need, and who, there and ready. 

It'll be riskier for Jason indoors now. You'll just have to outsmart him, bait him in for the kill.