44 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

How is a solution to tell someone to go and play another game?

People may disagree on a topic and still their voices should be considered, asking someone to leave when they disagree with you doesn't sound like a fair deal to me.

This game had many different "souls" in it, and it is correct to include ALL of them in the steps to make the game better.

With this patch this has not been done and some players, and we do exist even if you would prefer us to go away, are not happy with the punishment

As I said, if the primary enjoyment of some players is to fight Jason or if this is the only thing still keeping them playing then maybe it's time for them to move to another game. I never said their opinions shouldn't be considered and I certainly never said or implied they should leave if they don't agree with me. Did you miss the part where I implied that the patch isn't perfect and that Gun said they will see how thing goes with it? They said in their stream that this patch is only one of many steps.

One thing for sure is that the devs themselves said that the primary intended design of the game was not to actively try to fight Jason and killing him should be very difficult so maybe this is not be a game for the people looking mainly for those particular features.

Well... looks like people are going back to hiding for the entire match again. What a fine way to kill the rest of the remaining players. Yeah Jasons meant to be powerful, but they forgot something, the reason Jason seemed so powerful was because the counselors in the movies made horrible decisions, they made him look way more powerful then he really was. And didn't you guys say when hes in rage you can only escape his grab with a knife? I don't know who would want to play that, it just sounds frustrating to me. I know the game cannot be perfect, but their is a huge difference between balanced and unfair. This is unfair, not because its unfair to counselors, but to anyone who starts the game as a beginner. They might play this game and come up against a good jason with this patch and have no chance of surviving, and after that they might not ever come back to play it, because thats the only thing they ever knew the game as. Really feel this is the wrong move, if they really wanted to make it more fair they should allow jason to be stunned but only after a set amount of hits maybe or something. A axe should be able to stun him, a pan, not so much. Their are so many awesome ideas that they could have used, but they just went with the lazy route instead and decided to take the ability to stun jason completely away.  him his 9 It just unfair and broken, if they cared so much about the game being fair for jason, why don't they give him his 50 inch grab range back? i mean its no worse then this is it? The only thing i like in this patch is that suicide players can't become tommy anymore. Everything else is about as good as jasons maggot corpse..

11 minutes ago, makred78 said:

As I said, if the principal enjoyment of some players is to fight Jason or if this is the only thing still keeping them playing then maybe it's time for them to move to another game. I never said their opinions shouldn't be considered and I certainly never said or implied they should leave if they don't agree with me.

One thing for sure is that the devs themselves said that the primary intended design of the game was not to actively try to fight Jason and killing him should be very difficult so maybe this is not be a game for the people looking mainly for those particular features.

Yes Mak, your point is understandable. My analysis is simply on the fact that the game has been in certain way for almost 2 years and some people kept playing the game based on these premises.

Now the devs made a very controversial change which, more or less, cripples fighting for half the game. 

You stand correct I may need to change game, and I am considering to do so, I am just trying to see if there is a different solution, a different compromise which will allow the players who like my style of game to still be welcome in a game where I have been playing almost everyday since launch week.

I don't see a patch to be good if it forces players away, and please I would like not to be called again "troll" for saying so (not directed to you Mak)

6 hours ago, Dolemite said:

As usual, every time there is a Jason buff people come out of the woodwork to cry and sob about how unfair it is, when in reality they're just upset that they can't troll and behave like asses anymore.

The fact of the matter is that the game isn't set up around fighting Jason, it's set up around having counselors cooperate and work together to achieve goals in order to escape alive. Fighting Jason always was, and is, considered an absolute last resort.

Seriously, the only people complaining about the Jason buff are trolls and people who flat-out suck playing the game. if the new update makes you want to not play the game anymore, then fine, please go. You're probably part of the toxic player base that were making the game unbearable to begin with and you won't be missed.

How the duck are you going to get the car? The boat? The phone? If you can't stun Jason? Your only option is to hide and pray Jason doesn't find you woop woop 

Survived an accidental 1 v 1 match against a 150 Jason and it is possible. If I hadn’t been Tiffany tho I couldn’t have survived undetected for the first 5 minutes and been able to gather three med sprays. The Jason made the mistake of slashing assuming I found a PK which I hadn’t and not knowing I had legendary Thick Skin and Medic so basically 6 sprays. He finally got sick of me healing and grabbed but by then i had found a PK. It was an exhilarating match knowing I couldn’t stun a raging Jason and I had to play differently. I look forward to many more matches with a new play style 

9 minutes ago, Potatomasher said:

How the duck are you going to get the car? The boat? The phone? If you can't stun Jason? Your only option is to hide and pray Jason doesn't find you woop woop 

Or, you know, complete objectives.

For the past year or so, 60% of matches end with me being the only guy actually trying to complete objectives.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

Or, you know, complete objectives.

For the past year or so, 60% of matches end with me being the only guy actually trying to complete objectives.

I got killed by a kid Jason because the new buff makes Jason a god,it was horrible.I died by a Jason that can't even swing Lol 

2 minutes ago, Potatomasher said:

I got killed by a kid Jason because the new buff makes Jason a god,it was horrible.I died by a Jason that can't even swing Lol 

Cool story. I just survived again to a level 110 Jason. I guess not everyone can do that.

4 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Cool story. I just survived again to a level 110 Jason. I guess not everyone can do that.

Actually A friend of mine escaped as well on that game but that's only because everyone that died(everyone in the lobby) bought enough time plus kid Jason lol

13 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

Same here. I have had several rounds where I get both the two seater and four seater ready to go and take off to find keys only to see the car driving off the map a few minutes later. Seems like the cops get called about 20% of the matches I play in if I’m not the one that finds the fuse. And there was one stretch not to long ago that if I didn’t find the Tommy house, he wasn’t called. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Same here. I have had several rounds where I get both the two seater and four seater ready to go and take off to find keys only to see the car driving off the map a few minutes later. Seems like the cops get called about 20% of the matches I play in if I’m not the one that finds the fuse. And there was one stretch not to long ago that if I didn’t find the Tommy house, he wasn’t called. 

That's because trolls take the car to run people over and bring the fuse to the killer shack or to the corner of the map or keep it till they die or escape with it lol

7 hours ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

Your video just proved our point on how easy it is to kill now in rage mode. I also see that you never block I bet that's why you probably use to complain when multiple attackers would stun you over and over. Enjoy this for while it lasts the devs will hopefully  come to their senses and give us a reasonable buff next time like body blocking and making his swing more powerful in rage mode.

Oh goody, another poster talking out of his ass like he knows me.

Here's the bottom line: Jason has been crippled for way too long and was in desperate need of a buff so he could stand up to the groups that would surround, stun, and tea-bag/dance on him not because it helped them escape, but because they liked to humiliate the Jason player. They got off knowing that as long as they clustered together, there was nothing Jason could do about it but slash and even that got him heavily ridiculed by counselors who were pissy they didn't get to use their pocketknives. No one suggested Jason should be immune to stuns during Rage (one of the most common suggestions was simply higher stun resistance or more mask HP). The Devs instead found it fitting to make him immune to stuns, which to me says that they realized how dire the situation had really become and felt this was appropriate. 

If this game is so horribly unplayable now that Jason has his power back, then quit. Leave the forum, leave the game, and go away. Goodbye! It's just a "dead" game anyway, remember? Why hang around if the games so horribly broken?

Ah yes, that's right. Because you can't piss and moan unless you stay. 

Just now, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Oh goody, another poster talking out of his ass like he knows me.

Here's the bottom line: Jason has been crippled for way too long and was in desperate need of a buff so he could stand up to the groups that would surround, stun, and tea-bag/dance on him not because it helped them escape, but because they liked to humiliate the Jason player. They got off knowing that as long as they clustered together, there was nothing Jason could do about it but slash and even that got him heavily ridiculed by counselors who were pissy they didn't get to use their pocketknives.

If this game is so horribly unplayable now that Jason has his power back, then quit. Leave the forum, leave the game, and go away. It's just a "dead" game anyway, remember? 

If Jason is being bullied by a group that only means he can't play Jason,i only have seen kid Jasons being bullied like that,all Jason has to do is walk back on the counselor hit and he gets a free hit,me and my friends never mess with a pro Jason because he actually knows how things work so we try to get the cops but even that is a struggle,honestly we just die to pro Jason's but hey at least i don't mind dying to a pro Jason,with this buff even kids can kill you lol

2 hours ago, Sir Jack said:

One day you'll have to tell me what's wrong with trying to kill Jason.

It's not like people hacked the feature inside the game you know, the developers intended it to be there.

There’s nothing wrong with killing Jason.

There’s a lot wrong with nerfing Jason numerous times to placate the casual audience. Killing Jason was never designed to be easy, or even likely; just possible.

Since the game launched, counselor players have cried that they’re too weak. Not true; they were just playing in a way that got them killed. Instead of trying to complete objectives, they were grabbing a weapon and bum-rushing Jason, expecting to win. This was evident awhile back when F13 went free on PS plus. The new players all did the exact same thing; grabbed weapons and attacked Jason in a big group.

Long story short: They all died.

This has been an on-and-off issue since launch and, casual players insisted on playing every match the same way, no matter how unsuccessful it was. So they complained until the developers caved, and kept weakening Jason through patches until those players became more successful. Now, a change has been made that may take the game back to be played the way it was intended. 

This new change doesn’t prevent counselors from killing Jsson, so I don’t know what they’re on about. 

I have played several matches today, many as Jason

- Being Jason isn't fun anymore. There is no challenge at all with this OP rage mode.It's funny because I suggested kinda the same thing once

but I was referring to a short term invincibility, not a perpetual one. The idea isn't bad, it's just way too much OP now.

- I've been a player since december 2017 and I really don't get what's your problem with gangs of bullies. Like, is it that easy to get into your head? If anything I have lots of fun being Jason against large, organized groups, even if they are jerks about it. It's much more rewarding if you win, too.

I kinda like the update I must say, it just has to be tweaked a little.

9 hours ago, Ahab said:

For almost two years, trolls have been frustrating new and veteran players alike with the whole piñata issue... If anything, that was the only part of this that broke any deal between the devs and "some" players. Jason has been a clown in a hockey mask for far too long... and he is still not invincible. Killing Jason is supposed to be difficult, I did it in the second day I played after purchase... how exactly was that difficult?

Making the Jason kill harder was the point. It is still not impossible as you claim. The mask can be removed without getting Jason anywhere near rage. But now Tommy will not be given to suicides... Jason kill is now "harder" to accomplish... which means the patch is doing exactly what it was intended to do.

Also, you keep mentioning the movies and how things went there... I have also had to point this out many times before... but here we go again... This is a game, not a movie. Not one of these movies were made knowing for sure that there would be a sequel... Story structure is a thing. There must be a resolution to each story, which means Jason has to be "stopped" or "killed" in every movie. Changing mediums means not everything can be translated to work the same way as it did in the original medium... this is just a reality that people need to understand.... Every match should not be ending with a Jason kill, nor should it be happening anywhere near as much as it was.
    And as far as the movies went... let us talk about the percentages of people in the movies that actually participated in "stopping" Jason... let's see... in the second movie... 2 people survived long enough to stop Jason and he got 10 kills. In the third movie, 1 person survived and he got 12 kills. In the fourth movie, 2 participated in "stopping" Jason once again and he got 13 kills... are we seeing a pattern here yet? If not, there is not much help for people that cannot do math. 
    Well, I can do math. This makes forty people, five of which survived. That would be an 15% chance of survival... the odds were not too good, were they?

If this patch is frustrating the trolls... then it is a job well done... and if you actually think no one expected backlash... then you were not thinking... at all. We all knew there would be backlash (its not like we needed to be psychics to see that coming), and we all knew exactly the type of players it would come from (also did not need to be psychic to see that one either)... which was the point of the patch. So once again, it is a job well done.

Great post!

This needs pinned somewhere where all the new “this is unfair” “ why so OP” “ I am gonna quit playing.” Posters can read before we have to experience that Diarrhea of the mouth.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Vanessaismymain said:

Reaper isn't lying it might be a bug, in one match i played this evening Jason did go into rage very quickly and the match just begun. I made into one of the cabins looking for items and he went into rage before i could blink.

That's obviously a bug then and shouldn't be presented as the intended way the mechanic works. 

1 hour ago, Potatomasher said:

Hiding and praying is definitely not your only option.... that’s Asinine the Game hasn’t changed for the majority of the match... the only change is when Rage is activated killing and stunning Jason is now much harder....

Not impossible he can still be stunned ....😳 just not in the way that has been described as “trolling” you need a more powerful weapon.....

traps, shotgun, and sweater are as of right now your only options.... 

And escaping, by the cops, boat and car don’t actually require you to be able to stun Jason at all...trust me I have done it hundreds of times.

15 hours ago, Ahab said:

I have never seen so much truth in one short post.

You've been dropping some major truth bombs in this thread yourself, my friend.

14 hours ago, Potatomasher said:

First of all, I honestly hope you used the word "duck" on purpose as opposed to some lame smartphone auto-correct censoring "fuck." Ducks are awesome.

Second, you should be hightailing it to complete objectives from the start of the match in order to head off the eventual arrival of rage mode, which is totally doable if you're not ducking around or trolling people. I think the longer you take, the more hopeless it should get. A race against the clock with an impending sense of doom hanging overhead, if you will.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

First of all, I honestly hope you used the word "duck" on purpose as opposed to some lame smartphone auto-correct censoring "fuck." Ducks are awesome.

Second, you should be hightailing it to complete objectives from the start of the match in order to head off the eventual arrival of rage mode, which is totally doable if you're not ducking around or trolling people. I think the longer you take, the more hopeless it should get. A race against the clock with an impending sense of doom hanging overhead, if you will.

This is not a matter of race,this is a matter of not being able to complete objectives anymore if you can't stun Jason,hell half the lobby will be dead by the time you even get to the phone because Jason becomes a god 

8 hours ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

You keep missing his point. Do you understand that It's now damn near impossible to survive the night if u have a semi competent Jason player coming after you relentlessly in rage mode. Eventually he will catch you because your stamina will be too low since you're taking a big risk trying to hit him in rage mode. Body blocking and making his swing stronger in rage should have been the way to go. That way it's still possible to survive the night.

Last night I had two counselors that I couldn't kill even with rage mode activated. Do you know why? Because they fucking RAN AWAY! They didn't stand there and try to fight, they hauled ass and the time ran out, thus they survived. Shocking isn't it? I guess that "impossible to survive after rage" bullshit some have spouted is exactly that... bullshit.

5 minutes ago, Potatomasher said:

This is not a matter of race,this is a matter of not being able to complete objectives anymore if you can't stun Jason,hell half the lobby will be dead by the time you even get to the phone because Jason becomes a god 

You're making no sense. Jason doesn't rage until at least halfway through the match, if not later. Geez.

And clearly you said "duck" by accident. You're not cool enough to do it on purpose.

1 minute ago, Dolemite said:

You're making no sense. Jason doesn't rage until at least halfway through the match, if not later. Geez.

And clearly you said "duck" by accident. You're not cool enough to do it on purpose.

No Jason rages at the start because people have to survive him so they hit him and that's when the total wrath of the god Jason starts against the counselors that can only hide against his rage LOL ridiculous and since you want to know i said duck on purpose because i don't like to curse in case of a kid reading but grown ups like you get the hint hint 

2 minutes ago, Potatomasher said:

No Jason rages at the start because people have to survive him so they hit him and that's when the total wrath of the god Jason starts against the counselors that can only hide against his rage LOL ridiculous and since you want to know i said duck on purpose because i don't like to curse in case of a kid reading but grown ups like you get the hint hint 

He only rages at the “start” if troll counselors ignore all objectives and try to just fight Jason instead. Play stupidly, then you die faster.  Play the way the game was meant to be played, and you’ll do just fine. 

10 hours ago, YouBrokeYourGame said:

This is actually so stupid that people think Jason needs a buff, if anything he needed a nerf, i'm not the greatest at the game but i can easily kill every counselor near enough every game, the only exception when they call the police early on, and that's just because i don't go and trap the phone box straight away like most other jasons because i feel it ruins the game when not only do you need to go find a pocket knife, you then need to repair it with no mess ups, and then go inside and call them without him coming over and just giving it one whack and boom, you lost your chance. Unless you're against a really amazing jason then you should be getting at least half the game to easily escape, i've seen the worst jasons ever kill the whole lobby just because of how strong he is, you run out of stamina, you dodge his grab, give him a whack and he doesn't get stunned, then he just grabs again before you have a chance to move, and now that's going to happen EVERY single time if he has rage? that's literally so idiotic, no wonder the game is dead with shitty developers like this, he SHOULD get stunned by EVERY hit, it's not hard to kill a group of counselors, you just have to slash them a few times, i've not once been killed as jason in the 100 times i've played as him, but you know what? i've killed everyone at least 90% of those times even when they're grouped up, it makes it even easier to be honest, playing as jason is quite boring to be fair because of how easy it is to kill everyone in TWENTY minutes, i still can't believe it gives you 20minutes. I'm telling you now this is it for your game, this will lead to the final death of it and i'm glad, because it's what you deserve for your game if this is what you think it needed. 1 out of 8 people play as jason, you shouldn't favour them odds, it should be an even playing field which it is FAR from

If you play in a substandard way, expect substandard results. Also just last night, we had a Jason come up to the phonebox to break it and firecracker stun as he walked up to the box stalled him long enough to let the call get off. Even a Jason trying to win can be thwarted.

Also no "worst Jason's evar!" (emphasis mine) is killing a whole lobby in the first half of the game. A great Jason vs ignorant to the game mechanics aka newb counselors? Sure. Otherwise, no. 

10 hours ago, Therchias said:

This will be fine.  Its Friday the 13th and its Jason, the game should not be balanced.  

I always felt that this game should never have been about Counselors vs Jason, but more a semi co-op experience to just try to survive.  

Now counselors will have 10 minutes to get their ducks in a row and decide if they will kill Jason or escape.  No more matches that go on forever with counselors stun locking Jason till the timer goes out.  

Sadly this patch does not turn Jason into a unstoppable killing machine, but at least it’s a step in the right dimension. 

Disagree. For a game to be fun, it has to be balanced. It's just that the game is balanced seven counselors to one Jason. No single counselor should be on Jason's level. 

10 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

8 minutes and then you became a god so they couldn't do anything anymore. Your video precisely proves how this is unbalanced.

It proves that the Fox's should have fixed stuff instead of beating on Jason without purpose. A clearer example of intent couldn't have been filmed. 

8 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

Hi Dolemite this post is quite harsh and doesn't represent the truth about people who like to fight Jason. Not everybody is toxic and not everybody must like what you like.

The game has several ways to win, killing Jason and surviving the night when fighting are two of them, there is no moral superiority in escaping. They are all reasonable methods based on what you like the most.

Invincibility is not a buff, it is nonsense

Killing Jason and surviving the night are valid ways to win. You just need to be good and lucky. It's not a nearly sure thing anymore. 

If you want the best chance of surviving, go for the easier routes and escape in a vehicle or call your dad at the police station.

7 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

I get his point. And to be blunt, he’s wrong. This game was never meant to fight Jason or to survive the night. The developers have said since the concept of this game that neither of those were viable options. This game was meant to be played to work together and ESCAPE. Not fight Jason or survive the night by hiding. And now it’s finally being polished to enforce that even more. If you can’t escape within a reasonable time, the you die. That’s how it should be. If people don’t get that, then this game was never meant for them. They’ve just been abusing gameplay loopholes. 

I believe the devs have mentioned surviving the night, but they sure didn't say it would be easy or a sure thing. 

7 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

But he’s not invincible. He’s just harder to stun and kill now once he’s in Rage mode. As he should be. Otherwise, Rage mode is essentially just the ability to walk through doors and just keep being stunned. 

You know, I've never been really impressed with rage until now. Getting stunned as I walk through doors or stepping in traps nullified that feeling cool, and it's nice to get powers recharged faster, but it lacked something. Rage now? Badass.

5 hours ago, Foldingend said:

Ok I Thought I was going to like these new updates but need to tone it back some. First off You can’t even kill jason in rage mode now and already got players hiding when the game starts and they are just waiting until rage mode hits. 2nd you still should be able to stun with firecrackers and the flare gun. Because the flare gun does like the shot gun and you are stuck in an animation after you shoot leaving you exposed to a kill. Now fire crackers are useless and also you have made sucker punch perk useless as well you should still be able to stun jason a little if he is in rage mode but maybe turn it down to where all weapons have a machete’s stun chance instead? Also what is the point of jason even blocking now? Now on the plus side I like it now it tells the councilors when he is in rage mode and I like that I can now slash miltiple players at once that is great. Also if you want to make it more fair for jason take away the double med perk because there is already thick skin and those two together make players O.P. Still love playing this game!! Ty guys for sticking with us keep it up👍

Bug.

I agree with this. Single shot weapons could still stun Jason and it would still get the intent of raging Jason being dangerous through. 

Sucker punch, like most perks are situational. It'll get it's best use early game for strong counselors like Buggzy and Adam, as they try to unmask Jason.

On the whole, there was never a point to blocking. Sure it works once in a while, but it was too slow to be a sure thing. Any smart counselor runs away once you go into it. 

I think if Jason has (nearly invincible) rage, being able to combine Medic and Thin Skin are ok. Otherwise, I agree with you. 

3 hours ago, Sir Jack said:

One day you'll have to tell me what's wrong with trying to kill Jason.

It's not like people hacked the feature inside the game you know, the developers intended it to be there.

They also intended it to be hard. So we're finally where it should be. 

2 hours ago, Potatomasher said:

Yooooooooo wtf why do you make Jason op like that? You basically took fighting off,we can't do anything but die if we're grabbed.Why would you release something so ridiculously powerful.You need to focus on the actual problem of the game which is teamers.People running other people with cars,putting traps on windows and stealing sweater doing nothing or dying with it.And you want to buff the 5 year old Jasons that are being bullied because they can't play? Developers please,if this patch stays up with Jason being over powered like that and counselors not having a chance to fight plus the teamers,i will legitimate leave your beautiful game.That's all

Jason is meant to be OP. You can still fight, it's just that if you fight without an end strategy you're likely gonna die. Also, short of Jenny, and maybe Adam (in an enclosed space or against a Jason seeking an environmental), without a knife or pal to hit Jason, you would almost always die once grabbed anyhow.

I'm a Jason who routinely goes 6-8/8, I'm not 5 years old and I still found it obnoxious to try and fight off a group of counselors running medic and ensuring it took forever to kill them with slashes. This patch should make playing Jason fun, and not frustrating. 

Enjoy whatever new game you move onto. 

2 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

How is a solution to tell someone to go and play another game?

People may disagree on a topic and still their voices should be considered, asking someone to leave when they disagree with you doesn't sound like a fair deal to me.

This game had many different "souls" in it, and it is correct to include ALL of them in the steps to make the game better.

With this patch this has not been done and some players, and we do exist even if you would prefer us to go away, are not happy with the punishment

Because you can't please all people, and it seems you don't like the direction F13 is going in.

The game revolves around Jason. Gimping him was never the way to go, and in an effort to make playing counselor fun, Gun went too far. They realized their mistake when pinata Jason became a thing. They are in the process of fixing that. 

1 hour ago, Potatomasher said:

I played for some hours last night and still lived more often than not. My advice? Try to get out early, find some people to play with and communicate! And don't fight Jason without intent. Simply put, play more, get better.