xllxENIGMAxllx

New patch info (January-February 2019)

Just now, Jasonlives4ever said:

Exactly these players want a cakewalk when they play as Jason. They don't know the meaning of a challenge or having fun trying to kill someone who's putting up a fight! They simply want it to be as easy as possible to kill as Jason. To me there's zero fun in that way of thinking. I don't mind buffiing Jason but you gotta do it right where there's still a chance to fight him off. Once again body blocking and buffing his wing in rage mode would have been just fine to defend yourself against a gang of attackers. Now the devs have gone way too far with this rage invincibility crap! I'm making a big deal about this because this is one of my favorite games of all time. But now it seems like devs are hellbent on ruining it for me and many others.

It can also be turned the other way.  

Counselors want a cakewalk when they face Jason and these changes end the cakewalk.  It brings challenge or having fun trying to survive or escape.  It's no longer simple to just stay in a group and play pinata party until the inevitable kill whenever you want to do it.  Now Jason stands a chance at not dying every match.

However, I will say that not being able to put Jason to his knees during rage definitely needs to addressed and fixed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SirMang said:

Counselors want a cakewalk when they face Jason and these changes end the cakewalk.  It brings challenge or having fun trying to survive or escape.  It's no longer simple to just stay in a group and play pinata party until the inevitable kill whenever you want to do it.  Now Jason stands a chance at not dying every match.

However, I will say that not being able to put Jason to his knees during rage definitely needs to addressed and fixed. 

But this is a step too further, combat is now WORTHLESS for half the match... that's a problem.

One thing is to buff Jason, make him slash more people, more hp, more damage, faster skills etc the other is TO REMOVE combat from the game

13 minutes ago, SirMang said:

This is one of those things that if the game released this way, no one would have complained.  But counselors have had it on easy mode now for over a year and this definitely takes away easy mode.  People hate change, especially change that makes things more difficult.

Like when counselor mains got used to having a dozen pocket knives in each match. Oh I remember those tears.

Complain about how many Jasons start slashing due to the obscene number of knives, then complain when the obscene number is corrected.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

That is a good score by all means and I am absolutely NOT denying you may enjoy escaping. I prefer to fight and if I die I die, so be it, I will do a new match. Right now this is basically removed. This patch removes an aspect of the game that some people like.

No they didn’t you can still fight but at your own peril if you don’t care if you die as you say what is the problem? Is it because you can’t knock Jason on his back during rage and dance over him anymore? 

If you haven’t watched the Beyond stream you should the developers painstakingly point out that this change was something they definitely wanted to make....A Rage mode to fear Jason. 

Now I cannot speak for Jason not dropping on his knees for the kill but they said it was supposed to work the same way there is obviously a issue that will be looked into.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

No they didn’t you can still fight but at your own peril if you don’t care if you die as you as what is the problem? Is it because you can’t knock Jason on his back during rage and dance over him anymore? 

If you haven’t watched the Beyond stream you should the developers painstakingly point out that this change was something they definitely wanted to make....A Rage mode to fear Jason. 

Now I cannot speak for Jason not dropping on his knees for the kill but they said it was supposed to work the same way there is obviously a issue that will be looked into.

First of all I don't disrespect Jason by dancing on him, I very much value the role of Jason as the key player of the game. I owe plenty of Jasons countless hours of fun.

The fact the devs wanted to make Jason's rage stronger is understandable, but this isn't stronger, this is invincible.

Also i don't think you understand how combat works if you are telling me I can still do it. Combat does require stamina which you regenerate when hitting Jason. Right now if you go and hit Raging Jason 95% of the time you are dead, you wo't die ONLY if Jason makes a mistake.

This is OBVIOUSLY unbalanced, and some people LIKE to play and fight, I don't see why you want this part of the game removed for half of the game.

Try fighting Jason now and see how it is

15 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

I am flabbergasted by the fact that someone thought it was ok to basically remove one aspect of the game... 

As for your last sentence, a good Jason has always had the chance to win 1v1, most Jason who lost to counsellors had a level of fighting skills not comparable to the counsellors, which is perfectly fine... 

I hope this patch will be fixed as soon as possible

They didn’t completely remove any aspect of the game.... just changed the specifics of how a mechanic in the game worked.... shotguns / traps and the sweater still stun in rage..... the developers wanted to give rage more of a ability instead of just busting doors and walls down...

1 minute ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

No they didn’t you can still fight but at your own peril if you don’t care if you die as you as what is the problem? Is it because you can’t knock Jason on his back during rage and dance over him anymore? 

You guys don't seem to get it. We don't mind Jason being buffed to fight off multiple attackers. Body blocking and making his swing more powerful during rage mode would have fixed all that. However now it's almost impossible to survive if you're the last one alive. There's no defense once he goes into rage mode. SO eventually Jason will catch you once your stamina runs out. There's no fun in playing the game like that. If you don't mind not having a way to defend yourself then that probably means you're already used to being killed and won't notice a difference.

9 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

They didn’t completely remove any aspect of the game.... just changed the specifics of how a mechanic in the game worked.... shotguns / traps and the sweater still stun in rage..... the developers wanted to give rage more of a ability instead of just busting doors and walls down...

I don't think I have never disagreed with you on this. A scary and  strong Jason is a good Jason BUT I am disagreeing on the implementation which removes a fun aspect of the game. I did spend a long time learning how to time the dodges and the hits perfectly. So the reason why I was surviving plenty of Jason was skills, now this skill is worthless. it doesn't seem hard to understand that this isn't fair

9 hours ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

You guys don't seem to get it. We don't mind Jason being buffed to fight off multiple attackers. Body blocking and making his swing more powerful during rage mode would have fixed all that. However now it's almost impossible to survive if you're the last one alive. There's no defense once he goes into rage mode. SO eventually Jason will catch you once your stamina runs out. There's no fun in playing the game like that. If you don't mind not having a way to defend yourself then that probably means you're already used to being killed and won't notice a difference.

THANK you!

This is a precise explanation of how I feel as well. There is a huge difference between strong and invincible... what would someone want to use an invincible Jason? there's DBD for that

9 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

Why? I had plenty of incredibly difficult match when trying to kill Jason and when successful it was a matter of skill and the combined effort of the team. So I am afraid killing good Jason had never been an easy feat.

It was reasonably easy to kill a Jason who wasn't very skilled, but that's the same thing in every game you can pick a great character but skill is more important.

This patch has removed combat for half a match, how can you not see this is a problem?

absolutely wonderfully said, I am game to fight Jason like he was at the start of the game, I welcome a great Jason who can beat me and improve my fighting skills. Right now all the efforts of learning how to fight is worthless and this is NOT fair

How have you not realized that this is not Tekken or mortal kombat or street fighter yet.... this is an Asymmetrical horror game not a fighting game.... combat is important but only in the context of escaping the Op killer that is gunning for you.

9 hours ago, SirMang said:

Exactly, Jason gameplay has been nerfed every patch since launch the developers are course correcting.

29 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

But this is a step too further, combat is now WORTHLESS for half the match... that's a problem.

One thing is to buff Jason, make him slash more people, more hp, more damage, faster skills etc the other is TO REMOVE combat from the game

I hate to say this because it's going to come off like I'm downing the devs, but he is right. The answer to most glitches, bugs, and other issues from the get go was to REMOVE functionality. You can no longer check your map going through windows; you can no longer do damage to other counselors; you can no longer smash windows until a counselor's climb animation is over; you can no longer walk under the stairs in Higgins, etc. Now, you can no longer stun Jason after rage, which just flat out kills any motivation to actually try as a counselor after rage. The answer to any problems to the game seems to always be removing things instead of a genuine fix. Removing rage combat instead of just lowering stun thresholds is just the same old, same old. And I do want to say this directly to Wes. The house where the CB to call Tommy is located is called the Tommy House. It always has, and it always will be. The multiple counselor slash fix is much appreciated. A few smaller mods like that would have been enough to balance things out. Now, we're stuck for another six months with no way to kill Jason post rage because "functionality needed to be removed. " Again. Good Grief.

17 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

Players will as they do now complain about a Jason player who slashes most of a match.

2 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

How have you not realized that this is not Tekken or mortal kombat or street fighter yet.... this is an Asymmetrical horror game not a fighting game.... combat is important but only in the context of escaping the Op killer that is gunning for you.

so, first of all, I apologize if I have been disrespectful in clarifying my ideas.

I do accept your point and I simply say that combat WAS and HAS ALWAYS been a part of the game. So within the rules of the game I should be allowed to use it, right now this is not possible for half a match, try it yourself.

I don't have any issue when a Jason with my same skill level destroys me in a 1v1 fight, at the same time I expect my skill, skill that I have developed in hundreds of hours of gameplay, to be worth something.

Right now is useless, I am simply asking for combat to be present.

Rage mode should make Jason's slashes stronger and maybe reduce the stun rate, not remove the fight completely. It doesn't seem I am asking for the moon. I have never complained since week one of the game but this is too much

6 minutes ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

You guys don't seem to get it. We don't mind Jason being buffed to fight off multiple attackers. Body blocking and making his swing more powerful during rage mode would have fixed all that. However now it's almost impossible to survive if you're the last one alive.

This would literally have no impact on dealing with groups. 

You know Jason can be stunned once he's initiated the animation to destroy the phone box after it's been repaired? He literally can do nothing about it. You know if a counselor stands in front of the phone box and heals that Jason can't break it as long as they're healing? He can't trap it if a counselor has set a trap there? Do you know what it's like dealing with that and then tackling 6 or 7 good counselors, trying to pick off who you can, up to the exit? 

You do, I bet, because that's the game you play, as a counselor. 

This game for Jason is still going to be the same, just now, only up until those counselors enrage him. 

• Like 1

I definitely like this patch! First of all, no more outdated client! About time!

And Jasons rage-buff is superb! You dont wanna mess around with him post-rage! Jason is still not too op and surviving is definitely not impossible. It is just a little harder as it should be. Whats wrong with that? Used to be pretty easy.. No more freebies, so is the "I wanna beat Jason and escape easily" -group terrified? Oh, and I love the way counselors are informed about Jasons rage! 

Great patch so far! Thanks!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DasMurich said:

This would literally have no impact on dealing with groups. 

You know Jason can be stunned once he's initiated the animation to destroy the phone box after it's been repaired? He literally can do nothing about it. You know if a counselor stands in front of the phone box and heals that Jason can't break it as long as they're healing? He can't trap it if a counselor has set a trap there? Do you know what it's like dealing with that and then tackling 6 or 7 good counselors, trying to pick off who you can, up to the exit? 

You do, I bet, because that's the game you play, as a counselor. 

This game for Jason is still going to be the same, just now, only up until those counselors enrage him. 

I think you have met too many cheating counselors, I don't do any of these things. I play fair and square and I do desire to have an important aspect of the game back.

As for the scenario you mentioned, a good Jason can and will defeat groups of counselors, blocking in combat stance is a very effective way to deal with them.

Removing the stun after rage is simply silly, this will literally render useless perks like sucker punch, swift attacker and so on perks that people spent time and effort to receive

8 hours ago, lasse_hei said:

I definitely like this patch! First of all, no more outdated server! About time!

And Jasons rage-buff is superb! You dont wanna mess around with him post-rage! Jason is still not too op and surviving is definitely not impossible. It is just a littlr harder as it should be. Whats wrong with that? Used to be pretty easy.. No more freebies, so is the "I wanna beat Jason and escape easily" -group terrified? Oh, and I love the way counselors are informed about Jasons rage! 

it is wrong that it removes combat for half the match. Invincibility is not a solution, thoughtful buffing is a solution

I haven’t played the update yet, but it sounds to me like it is even more important than ever for people to work in teams to get shit done and not waste so much time looking for knives and sprays. If you find that fuse then you need to get it in asap. The my dad is a cop perk all of a sudden rises in importance, same with all stamina perks. Perks like thrasher, not so much. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lasse_hei said:

I definitely like this patch! First of all, no more outdated client! About time!

And Jasons rage-buff is superb! You dont wanna mess around with him post-rage! Jason is still not too op and surviving is definitely not impossible. It is just a little harder as it should be. Whats wrong with that? Used to be pretty easy.. No more freebies, so is the "I wanna beat Jason and escape easily" -group terrified? Oh, and I love the way counselors are informed about Jasons rage! 

I’m so happy they got the outdated client issue resolved and you can play again!

I also agree with everything you said about the patch. From what I’ve seen, I definitely think they did good with this update. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

I hate to say this because it's going to come off like I'm downing the devs, but he is right. The answer to most glitches, bugs, and other issues from the get go was to REMOVE functionality. You can no longer check your map going through windows; you can no longer do damage to other counselors; you can no longer smash windows until a counselor's climb animation is over; you can no longer walk under the stairs in Higgins, etc. Now, you can no longer stun Jason after rage, which just flat out kills any motivation to actually try as a counselor after rage. The answer to any problems to the game seems to always be removing things instead of a genuine fix. Removing rage combat instead of just lowering stun thresholds is just the same old, same old. And I do want to say this directly to Wes. The house where the CB to call Tommy is located is called the Tommy House. It always has, and it always will be. The multiple counselor slash fix is much appreciated. A few smaller mods like that would have been enough to balance things out. Now, we're stuck for another six months with no way to kill Jason post rage because "functionality needed to be removed. " Again. Good Grief.

Exactly well said my man. Removing things from the game isn't always the answer. It seems like they took the lazy way out to me. How the devs could have played this for days and thought this was the correct way to go just baffles my mind! I'm still trying to understand how could they miss the fact that he can't be killed in rage mode?

3 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I haven’t played the update yet, but it sounds to me like it is even more important than ever for people to work in teams to get shit done and not waste so much time looking for knives and sprays. If you find that fuse then you need to get it in asap. The my dad is a cop perk all of a sudden rises in importance, same with all stamina perks. Perks like thrasher, not so much. 

yeah think im going to replace my swift attacker with thick skin to run next to medic and preparedness. get shit done and get out. if i need to climb through some broken windows to kite ill do it..

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

Exactly these players want a cakewalk when they play as Jason. They don't know the meaning of a challenge or having fun trying to kill someone who's putting up a fight! They simply want it to be as easy as possible to kill as Jason. To me there's zero fun in that way of thinking. I don't mind buffiing Jason but you gotta do it right where there's still a chance to fight him off. Once again body blocking and buffing his swing in rage mode would have been just fine to defend yourself against a gang of attackers. Now the devs have gone way too far with this rage invincibility crap! I'm making a big deal about this because this is one of my favorite games of all time. But now it seems like the devs are hellbent on ruining it for me and many others.

That’s how the forums have always been. Wanting a massive cake walk, and ignoring other opinions. This change will ruin the game. It ruins all forms of counterplay, making playing Jason easier and making already obsolete counselors trash. While buffing Vanessa again.

1 minute ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

That’s how the forums have always been. Wanting a massive cake walk, and ignoring other opinions. This change will ruin the game. It ruins all forms of counterplay, making playing Jason easier and making already obsolete counselors trash. While buffing Vanessa again.

Absolutely correct and I may add this is going to turn F13 into DBD

2 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

How does it buff Vanessa? 

Even Vanessa will run out of stamina. 

6 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

so, first of all, I apologize if I have been disrespectful in clarifying my ideas.

I do accept your point and I simply say that combat WAS and HAS ALWAYS been a part of the game. So within the rules of the game I should be allowed to use it, right now this is not possible for half a match, try it yourself.

I don't have any issue when a Jason with my same skill level destroys me in a 1v1 fight, at the same time I expect my skill, skill that I have developed in hundreds of hours of gameplay, to be worth something.

Rage mode should make Jason's slashes stronger and maybe reduce the stun rate, not remove the fight completely. It doesn't seem I am asking for the moon. I have never complained since week one of the game but this is too much

I understand your point and passion, all the hours spent on the game should be considered valuable.

most members on this forum have asked for buffs to Jason, none have asked for invincibility during rage... except when smashing through a door or wall it just makes sense....

it is quite upsetting when other members come to the forums insinuating that the majority of the members that asked for a stronger Jason “cried” for an easy button to kill counselors... when that is simple not the case.... go to the suggestion section and find the tread about Jason is weak.... most ask for meat shielding and a more responsive block and more Hp for Jason..and stun resistance buffs.

now I will say that this new rage immunity caught most members by surprise and is going to cause a change in playstyle, and if after adapting to the changes still results in backfire from the community I expect more changes will be made I know I wouldn’t care if firecrackers and flares still stunned Jason in rage mode at least there are more of them than shotguns.

7 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

Your combat skills aren’t useless. Just be smart, and have a escape plan in place.

Using your brain and having an escape plan in place is now more valuable.

the Skill level has been increased, and if you actually put as many hours as you have, why wouldn’t you want an increase in the skill level?

14 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

lol yep basically they are telling us if you don't find a way to escape within ten minutes you're as good as dead meat! Not a good way to balance a game in my opinion.