NytmereZ

People are cheating to the pacanack roof again

8 hours ago, Kodiak said:

@HaHaTrumpWon I know, and even though it's like I said and Jason going up there isn't seemingly a bad thing, by technical classification it is use of an exploit in the game's geometry, and consequently subject to any conditions associated with the use of exploits. What I'm saying is it's not likely to get you banned, but it is technically an exploit like the counsellors getting up there is; it's not meant to happen. 

I agree, it's not. To be totally honest, I'd greatly prefer if neither side had access to exploits. This game was meant to be played fairly; if Jason kills you then so what? There's always next round.The fun is supposed to come from the challenge of killing the counselors or out-smarting Jason and escaping, not from being a toxified douchebag to the rest of the people that are trying to play fairly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DasMurich said:

@Kodiak @mattshotcha

Here (I asked my co-worker)

"So you would make a box volume (ue4 is very "volume" based, you'll see that term a lot) and then have it destroy the actor with blueprints. Which is pretty easy, it gives you the option to make an event based on overlap (literally a click of a button), and then you would kill actor."

Essentially what you'd be doing is setting up a safeguard where if the player glitches out through the wall, or, say touches the roof, they die. Instantly.

I was thinking something similar. But I'd make it a gradual death, so players who completely accidentally fall into a glitch spot have a chance to correct course.

11 minutes ago, Cheex said:

so players who completely accidentally fall into a glitch spot have a chance to correct course.

That's a completely legit point so I may have not been specific, I'm only suggesting this for that particular exploit, or maybe any other repeatedly, intentionally used, known exploit.. Not the random glitches like warping out of the map in the car or things like that. 

Thing with that idea is that it's changing the map. With the current restrictions, would the devs/pubs be able to actually modify the map to include this new kill zone? How would it look on the change log do you think?

*Added killboxes to prevent access to exploitable areas.

Key word being 'added'. If I remember correctly, Wes previously stated they can't even add a new tree to the game. I don't think it'd be doable personally, and to quote Star Wars it'd be a case of "yousa in big doo doo this time" if it infringed on any agreements.

1 hour ago, Kodiak said:

Key word being 'added'.

That's such garbage.... Because you're probably right. Bleh. 

1 hour ago, Kodiak said:

Thing with that idea is that it's changing the map. With the current restrictions, would the devs/pubs be able to actually modify the map to include this new kill zone? How would it look on the change log do you think?

*Added killboxes to prevent access to exploitable areas.

Key word being 'added'. If I remember correctly, Wes previously stated they can't even add a new tree to the game. I don't think it'd be doable personally, and to quote Star Wars it'd be a case of "yousa in big doo doo this time" if it infringed on any agreements.

It depends on how literally you take the "can't even add a new tree" line. A new tree would obviously be new content, but an invisible zone where players start to take damage if they enter? What about tweaking things and fixing bugs? Would that count as "new content" because you're adding a few lines of code?

*Counsellors now take ongoing damage while in areas intended to be unreachable.

The biggest part of this bug is stopping characters from being able to move through walls etc at all. That includes jumping through windows in just the right way, or using a pocket knife to get out of Jason's grip. This killbox idea is just to mark other areas of the map because glitchers will always find ways to get where they aren't supposed to be.

I purposely grabbed someone at the start of the match in Packanack, jammed them right in the wall. Then murdered as many Counselors as I could drive back there. The whole time they were trying to tell me I could still hit them, but I just told them, they were a cheater and now on time out. 😂 

55 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I purposely grabbed someone at the start of the match in Packanack, jammed them right in the wall. Then murdered as many Counselors as I could drive back there. The whole time they were trying to tell me I could still hit them, but I just told them, they were a cheater and now on time out. 😂 

Speaking of punishing cheaters... I've noticed something about the way people normally glitch to the roof on Packanack (this is just my own experience, yours may differ): most of the time when they run upstairs to glitch, they open the door to the Cheating Little Bastard room first, and the door to the balcony after jumping through the window. If you for whatever reason had left something under the window, like a bear-trap maybe... they'd probably only find out it was there after they hopped through the window.  

All hypothetically of course...

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Kodiak said:

@HaHaTrumpWon I know, and even though it's like I said and Jason going up there isn't seemingly a bad thing, by technical classification it is use of an exploit in the game's geometry, and consequently subject to any conditions associated with the use of exploits. What I'm saying is it's not likely to get you banned, but it is technically an exploit like the counsellors getting up there is; it's not meant to happen. 

Considering the number of times these glitch spots were supposedly patched and considering the fact that I can still get counselors into 90% of them I would absolutely leave Jason with the ability to get on the roof simply because this problem isn't likely to go away and if it does it isn't likely to stay gone. If they fix Jason being able to get up there (easy fix) but don't fix counselors ability to get up there (there's more than one way for Counselors to get up there, just so you know) then you're not solving any problems and you are in fact helping the glitchers to stay safe. Jason being able to get on the roof is not hurting anything. And it doesn't effect the outcome of the game unless you're taking into consideration the kill Jason is now able to get from the asshole glitched on the roof. There was never supposed to be a safe place for counselors to hide  on the map. And now that there's one less you want to take that  away? If anything I'd just consider it to be advanced game play for Jason like strafe shift and leave it alone. Whining about Jasons new ability to get up there after the counselors have been able to do it more often than not since launch is one of the single dumbest things I've ever heard.

@Somethin Cool, don't confuse 'whining' with simply bringing attention to something. Regardless of how the 'get Jason on the roof' exploit works, it is still an exploit all the same; it is not meant to happen and the developers are going to want to fix it. That's just the way it is.

'Advanced gameplay' was once used as an excuse by a couple of less than stellar community members to attempt to justify their actions for using exploits. I'm not personally bothered if Jason getting on the roof is patched or not, but from a development standpoint, it doesn't make the game look good if people are able to do things like this. If I were on the development or publisher teams, I would want it gone. Who willingly wants exploits of any kind to remain in their game?

On 12/25/2018 at 4:31 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

iit only poisons our community. 

Old comment, but most of the F13 community IS poison.

16 hours ago, Kodiak said:

@Somethin Cool, don't confuse 'whining' with simply bringing attention to something. Regardless of how the 'get Jason on the roof' exploit works, it is still an exploit all the same; it is not meant to happen and the developers are going to want to fix it. That's just the way it is.

'Advanced gameplay' was once used as an excuse by a couple of less than stellar community members to attempt to justify their actions for using exploits. I'm not personally bothered if Jason getting on the roof is patched or not, but from a development standpoint, it doesn't make the game look good if people are able to do things like this. If I were on the development or publisher teams, I would want it gone. Who willingly wants exploits of any kind to remain in their game?

If you know how it works then it's not an exploit for Jason to get up there at all. It's nothing but a cancel that drops Jason to the nearest place that it can to his original location which happens to be right on top of the same misplaced hit box that allows counselors to get on the roof by glitching through the window. Take away the invisible platform and Jason would simply be standing on the ground next to the lodge. And whether or not it could be considered to be something Jason should be able to do is arguable considering there's more than one F13 movie where Jason uses similar abilities to access rooftops or high places. The new remake and part 8 come to mind. As a matter of fact I think Jason pulls someone through a window from the balcony of the vacation house in part 4 if I remember correctly...

You're missing the point mate. My point is it's not an intended feature. Getting on the roof by any means isn't an intended feature and people getting up there is considered an exploit. It is irrelevant if Jason did it in the movies, if the devs wanted Jason or the counselors to get on the roof then there would be stairs or a ladder.

Do you or do you not have to perform a specific set of steps to get on the roof? Are you or are you not supposed to be up there? Is it an intended feature of the game, or is it not? The answers add up to 'performing a specific, questionable action to access part of the geometry that is not normally accessible, nor is it designed to be accessible'. Getting up there is an exploit, and developers and publishers don't want exploits in their games. Bad and game breaking or otherwise, it will be fixed at some point.

Telling me it's not an exploit is like saying Packanack lodge is painted yellow and red outside. It's just not true.

1 hour ago, Kodiak said:

Telling me it's not an exploit is like saying Packanack lodge is painted yellow and red outside. It's just not true.

I wouldn't put it in the same boat as the counselors exploit. To me it's just a counter to an exploit. And honestly necessary at this point. Jason would have no reason to do it if not for the counselor being up there in the first place. It's not all black and white for me. Should I be able to get up there as Jason? Probably not. Am I glad I know how to if I need to? Yes I am. Does it feel amazing to beat the glitchers at their own game? You can bet your ass it does. I can tell you the one time I got to use it in QP felt amazing to choke the life out of the glitching bastard as he rage quit. I'd save it for the next patch. They've got real problems that need to be dealt with right now. Like being able to destroy a car with a throwing knife...

• Like 1

I wouldn't either. Like I said earlier on, I don't see any particular negatives associated with Jason being on the roof, but ultimately it isn't what we think that will decide if it gets fixed or not; it's about whether it's an intended feature in the game. 

I’m going to search on how to get up on the roof as Jason, it’s ridiculous how this roof glitch is back, and how nothing is done about it, I just had two people go up there in my 1st game today,  the toxic people need to be punished, 

5 hours ago, Kodiak said:

I wouldn't either. Like I said earlier on, I don't see any particular negatives associated with Jason being on the roof, but ultimately it isn't what we think that will decide if it gets fixed or not; it's about whether it's an intended feature in the game. 

Sorry guy you should look the other way on this one,  counselors on the roof is ridiculous, I’ve never played a game that had such glaring bugs without a fast fix,  Jason gets on the roof , problem going away.

I suppose they could just make Jason morphing on roofs intended. I do like the idea of stalk morphing onto a roof then when a counselor climbs out a window coming down on them while screaming death from above.

I think people might be missing my point here. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing exploiters getting their asses kicked as much as anybody else does and I like seeing Jason getting on the roof to smack some sense into them. However, it is by technical definition an exploit; a feature in the game that's not in there by design. 

What matters right now is what the developers and publishers think about it, it's not up to us to decide whether or not it should or shouldn't be fixed. It's about what they want to do about it.

As for 'try to avoid using it', I said that to keep yourselves safe. If someone sends in video footage of you messing about on a part of the map you're not meant to access, what do you think the person analysing it will think? Whether or not we players agree on if it's an acceptable use of an exploit to benefit everyone in the game is irrelevant, it would be classified as exploiting and any form of exploiting would be liable to a potential ban.

Just think about these things and be wary. Video footage means you can be banned if they decide it is appropriate, and it's something you won't be able to argue about. Again just to reiterate, I'm not saying anyone will be banned for sure for getting on the roof as Jason, I'm just saying that it's an exploit like counselors getting on the roof is.

Perhaps @mattshotcha can share his thoughts on the matter.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2019 at 4:29 AM, Kodiak said:

Who willingly wants exploits of any kind to remain in their game?

I can't speak for this game, but I've known of developers of games past leaving exploits in their games. The day all exploits in this game are gone, is the same day I'll buy every respectful member of our community a round of drinks.

On 1/15/2019 at 4:33 AM, TestedTwice said:

Old comment, but most of the F13 community IS poison.

I've built up a tolerance to the poison of our precious community.

9 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Like being able to destroy a car with a throwing knife...

Those knives are loaded with dark matter, with an outer coating of vibranium.

• Like 2

I just watched a video on YouTube of how to get up on the roof as Jason it’s not that hard, it’s just a matter of pressing buttons on your PS4 controller and tells me that it was Definatly put in by the developers ... no question about it.

Encountered a real jackass last night. Guy goes up on the roof almost immediately. I was just getting upstairs at the lodge when he and his buddy glitched up there, so I let him no in uncertain terms he was an asshole. Dude (he was a grown up) starts talking shit to me for the rest of the match, saying he's a twice-over Level 150 who has done everything else in the game, and I should let him do him and not worry about it. Except with a lot more F-bombs and salt. Calling me a bad player and a try hard and such while he's dancing on the roof.
As an aside, he was playing as Vanessa. Go figure.

They stayed up there the entire match. I tried standing in the tree line and sniping them with knives but was only able to land a few hits before I ran out. I decided to let every other counselor go while I hunted for knives. Had one of those moments of benevolence where I decided not to punish the people playing the game the right way while those fucksticks lived.

Next match, the Jason spent about 15 minutes of the match just hunting down those two on Higgins Haven. God bless him. I think everybody else escaped but he made damn sure to hunt down those two and let them know it afterward. After I escaped I heard the glitchers talking about picking Packanack for the next round so they could go back on the roof and do their thing. The lobby crashed out before we got there, though.

I can see maybe doing the roof thing once just to do it or to have fun in a lobby of friends. But seriously, what's the point? If you're that bored with the game why not just move on to something else?

Stop snitching guys! I don't like seeing this thread onto the activity page :D . Move on

3 minutes ago, Bonker2468 said:

Encountered a real jackass last night. Guy goes up on the roof almost immediately. I was just getting upstairs at the lodge when he and his buddy glitched up there, so I let him no in uncertain terms he was an asshole. Dude (he was a grown up) starts talking shit to me for the rest of the match, saying he's a twice-over Level 150 who has done everything else in the game, and I should let him do him and not worry about it. Except with a lot more F-bombs and salt. Calling me a bad player and a try hard and such while he's dancing on the roof.
As an aside, he was playing as Vanessa. Go figure.

They stayed up there the entire match. I tried standing in the tree line and sniping them with knives but was only able to land a few hits before I ran out. I decided to let every other counselor go while I hunted for knives. Had one of those moments of benevolence where I decided not to punish the people playing the game the right way while those fucksticks lived.

Next match, the Jason spent about 15 minutes of the match just hunting down those two on Higgins Haven. God bless him. I think everybody else escaped but he made damn sure to hunt down those two and let them know it afterward. After I escaped I heard the glitchers talking about picking Packanack for the next round so they could go back on the roof and do their thing. The lobby crashed out before we got there, though.

I can see maybe doing the roof thing once just to do it or to have fun in a lobby of friends. But seriously, what's the point? If you're that bored with the game why not just move on to something else?

They're bored with the game, so trolling is their only real source of fun.

Those two sound like nominees for the "asshole of the century" award.

I had a humorous match a couple nights ago.

A pair of jerks (Chad and Vanessa) were playing on the roof as well. As Jason, I gave everyone else the option of escaping. I was unaware at the time, that the other 4 players wanted to get even with the pair for holding the match hostage. Two of the four had escaped (LaChappa and Adam), with one becoming Tommy. A third (Jenny) went and grabbed the sweater. The fourth (Mitch) I believe was fixing objectives. The Tommy player asked the two on the roof to help kill Jason. Surprisingly, they agreed. Both came off of the roof, and rendezvous with Tommy. Jenny was behind me somewhere. Mitch is nearby parking the four seater. Tommy and the cheaters start attacking me. My mask eventually gets knocked off. One of the cheaters calls for Jenny to use the sweater on me. The funny thing is, Jenny is nowhere to be found. All of a sudden, a car rides past me, and hits the cheater Vanessa head on. She's down and out, and pretty pissed. The Chad realizes that it is a setup, and tries to make it back on the roof. A counselor's trap (I'm guessing Mitch) ruins that for him. He gets grabbed, and roasted on a campfire. Never had I heard such anger and vulgarity after a match. The fun for two trolls was ruined, and a good time was had by the others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/16/2019 at 2:44 PM, Kodiak said:

I think people might be missing my point here. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing exploiters getting their asses kicked as much as anybody else does and I like seeing Jason getting on the roof to smack some sense into them. However, it is by technical definition an exploit; a feature in the game that's not in there by design. 

What matters right now is what the developers and publishers think about it, it's not up to us to decide whether or not it should or shouldn't be fixed. It's about what they want to do about it.

As for 'try to avoid using it', I said that to keep yourselves safe. If someone sends in video footage of you messing about on a part of the map you're not meant to access, what do you think the person analysing it will think? Whether or not we players agree on if it's an acceptable use of an exploit to benefit everyone in the game is irrelevant, it would be classified as exploiting and any form of exploiting would be liable to a potential ban.

Just think about these things and be wary. Video footage means you can be banned if they decide it is appropriate, and it's something you won't be able to argue about. Again just to reiterate, I'm not saying anyone will be banned for sure for getting on the roof as Jason, I'm just saying that it's an exploit like counselors getting on the roof is.

Perhaps @mattshotcha can share his thoughts on the matter.

I can 100% confirm that using an exploit to get to and stop another exploiter is safe from punishment. I have done it in the past and had the video evidence to prove my case in the event someone else sent a video in complaining. I did however also give my video to the dev's anyway and explained why i did it and guess what, no consequences.

There is a huge difference in glitching/exploiting to just plain cheat and it is another to do it to prevent/stop the cheater.

2 hours ago, Official_Adam_W said:

I can 100% confirm that using an exploit to get to and stop another exploiter is safe from punishment. I have done it in the past and had the video evidence to prove my case in the event someone else sent a video in complaining. I did however also give my video to the dev's anyway and explained why i did it and guess what, no consequences.

There is a huge difference in glitching/exploiting to just plain cheat and it is another to do it to prevent/stop the cheater.

The devs aren’t doing shit about this people are going on the roof because they know the devs aren’t doing shit, I just tried playing a game 10 minutes ago, and some idiot kid was on the roof again (this crap is happening 9 out of 10 times a match) I just learned how to get up there, but I didn’t bother, I told the punk kid up,there that I took the screen shot and sent it in(I did) and he laughed saying nobody has ever done anything , and you know what? .... I believe him, I’m not bothering anymore , I’m going to do what I just did, is turn the game off.

• Like 1