Sign in to follow this  
PsychoJosh

Audio that isn’t syncing

Ever since the June update, offline mode on my PS has had issue wtih the sound and it’s timing with the cutscenes. No matter what, the audio for Offline bots mode (where the counselors are just chilling until Jason comes by to kill Rob starting the game) is always coming way to soon before the scene begins. It’s not only for this platform the issue occurs. Most of the Single Player Challenges also get delayed cutscenes. I’ll list the ones that are undergoing this.

-Power Struggle

-Lights Out

-Packanack Party

-Snuggle by the Fire

-Strip Poker

-Jason is HERE

-and occasionally Vacation Party has the issue during intro, freezing the footage but still going on with the dialogue.

I know this game didn’t have much luck the past, but I only wish for this quick fix from the developers to make the gameplay better again. Content or not, this is all I would like for now.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PsychoJosh said:

Ever since the June update, offline mode on my PS has had issue wtih the sound and it’s timing with the cutscenes. No matter what, the audio for Offline bots mode (where the counselors are just chilling until Jason comes by to kill Rob starting the game) is always coming way to soon before the scene begins. It’s not only for this platform the issue occurs. Most of the Single Player Challenges also get delayed cutscenes. I’ll list the ones that are undergoing this.

-Power Struggle

-Lights Out

-Packanack Party

-Snuggle by the Fire

-Strip Poker

-Jason is HERE

-and occasionally Vacation Party has the issue during intro, freezing the footage but still going on with the dialogue.

I know this game didn’t have much luck the past, but I only wish for this quick fix from the developers to make the gameplay better again. Content or not, this is all I would like for now.

Welcome to the forums.

This is probably among the list of things to be fixed, sooner or later.

Sometimes the audio is early, other times it's late. Either way, it's not completely lined up with the visual.

1 hour ago, PsychoJosh said:

-Power Struggle

-Lights Out

-Packanack Party

-Snuggle by the Fire

-Strip Poker

-Jason is HERE

This is also something I hope can be addressed with the upcoming “soon” patch.

lets ask our new  community lead if he has any info on this list possibly being addressed.

@mattshotcha 

any chance audio sync issues will be addressed in the near future patch ?

13 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

lets ask our new  community lead if he has any info on this list possibly being addressed.

@mattshotcha 

any chance audio sync issues will be addressed in the near future patch ?

These audio desyncs are an issue the team is aware of. Problem is that currently we have some bigger fish to fry, so to speak, as far as issues. While these are not in any way something we're ok with, we will have to focus resources on some other, high player impact issues first. But that doesn't mean it's impossible. Just setting the expectation and giving some insight.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, mattshotcha said:

These audio desyncs are an issue the team is aware of. Problem is that currently we have some bigger fish to fry, so to speak, as far as issues. While these are not in any way something we're ok with, we will have to focus resources on some other, high player impact issues first. But that doesn't mean it's impossible. Just setting the expectation and giving some insight.

I appreciate your forthright approach. These audio syncs are quite bothersome. No one wants to hear Chad stumple out of breath when playing as Fox and no one else is near. Obviously bigger issues come first. Its nice to hear they are being looked into

• Like 1

I can't remember the scenario, but I noticed when I kill Bugsy, he gets the girl sound files when he dies. It might be one kill or another, but I've seen it happen.