Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Jason vs 3-4 group is okay but he cant win vs 7group we need to accept it all player in 7 group are bad 

give jason island on the water where he can go and leave to get his points  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KFC Lachappa said:

Jason vs 3-4 group is okay but he cant win vs 7group we need to accept it all player in 7 group are bad 

give jason island on the water where he can go and leave to get his points  

If you mean get his hit points, can I suggest we change that from an island to one cabin per map. There was an interesting Sense bug that looked amazing and spooky, if it could be on that one cabin, I think it would be pretty cool. It would also give stealth players a new object to use when juking Jason, if you can keep him on the far side he’ll have a harder time finding you with sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoa! You all have been busy in here!

I promise I'm not neglecting the thread. Going to sit down with a coffee and takes some notes from here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

@Dynamic skills7. Just going to take care of this real quick...

??? Stun resistance like pt 9? I don't think that helps him...  noooo higher stun chance is negative stun resistance. That helps a bit....

 

Getting hit is absolutely the problem when you catch up to a counselor that's low on stamina. It's  actually about their only hope of survival at that point. And who said combat stance doesn't help Jason anymore? I can think of a few good uses for combat stance. Breaching doors, blocking (it's a bit too slow off host but CAN still work), targeting counselors...  literally your god you suck ass to tommy 86 has said the same thing as me....... block doesn’t help in the current games state with combat, I didn’t say it didn’t help with doors or targeting people for whatever reason you want to target them for. It’s just funny how tommy says blocking doesn’t work at the moment with a bug against a optimal counselor and you praise everything he says and then I say it and I’m a unfactual idiot apparently and you point out I’m wrong......

when a counselors low on stamina it’s way easier to bait a swing with the close distance and grab them, they don’t have a choice but to swing when their barely in grabbing distance and a running Jason can grab them because they can turn away from the lunging swing faster and grab them. Even a walking Jason can do it too but I just much prefer a running one in that no stamina baiting situation.

 

I shift to stop cars and to shift grab. Not to waste stamina.  The farther away you get the more accurate your shift will be because you have time to adjust. Thereby resulting in fewer misses. Shifting too close (short shifting) will cause you to miss 99% of the time and then you'll have to make up excuses like you're "shifting to waste stamina" to cover the fact that you should have been farther away. this is just bullshit, farther away is not necessarily more accurate from a distance still and it would still waste their stamina either way. Shift grabbing is good from a distance too but still not guaranteed to work and is the same as close range if they do wild movements..... if they are 2 meters away running everywhere compared to 1 mile away there’s no difference with no pattern to follow and when your coming towards them changing the gap to 2 meters or so anyway, nothing changes compared to 1 mile away and it’s the same result....... you will be still adjusting yourself meters away, do you think you have a set adjustment from 10 seconds away that doesn’t need changing when they change their own positioning rapidly in seconds....... of course short shifting will make you miss, so does long and if you quickly realise you are going to miss on a short shift, go past them and turn around and come back or do the shift camp strat, but your a noob as predicted and didn’t even mention that. That whole statement countered and it hurts man. Work on your facts and logic along with proper reasoning before commenting, it would thin down replies and make you look better. You could get your mum to help you.

Because he's the most balanced Jason, has full hit points, and weapon strength is a great counter to thick skin. yes and he runs, my point paired with that comment says if he walks people would most likely not use him. Running is apart of the equation of why people use him, i dont know why you point out hitpoints and not running, like that is more apart of the reason why then actual running.

 

If you don't understand what I'm saying I very seriously doubt you're going to understand what he says. Although I get the feeling that you'll agree with him regardless of whether or not you do understand.  Tommy is grounded in reality and you have twisted your own reality, so sorry for not living in your plain of existence, I think we both should agree that every comment of yours will be countered by mine to the ends of time. I understood what you were saying the whole time and I have responded the whole time disagreeing, disagreeing doesn’t necessarily mean someone doesn’t understand, not understanding doesn’t come with the set definition of disagree..... would you like to disagree with this fact and prove you always get countered, or somehow pull off explaining how disagree means misunderstood, instead proving your distorted version of reality? Which one I wonder.

Also a bit hypocritical how you misunderstood multiple things and made me repeat multiple times including the higher stun chance comment in this very reply as well, that you misunderstood repeatedly, thinking higher meant + stun resistance which is lower.....  your either troll posting or just clowning around for the fun of it at this point and hope a mod steps in again.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Dynamic skills7 said:

 

First off, I respond to people in Purple in their comments, pick a new colour buddy. (This is mostly me joking but really, why use my colour)

Second, Stop being such an asshat.. seriously.. stop picking fights with people who know more than you, it isn’t helping you fit in at camp.

 

3 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Whoa! You all have been busy in here!

I promise I'm not neglecting the thread. Going to sit down with a coffee and takes some notes from here.

Thanks, sorry about the number of arguments you have to sort through. There is some gold in there if you can get through it all though. If you want more details on any of the ideas, please feel free to ask questions. We do want to help even if we fight with each other half the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Dynamic skills7 I do have to disagree that running is why people use part 3. While I don't dispute it'll be a factor for some people, I think you overstate the value of running to Jason. Of course this could just be because running has never made a difference to me.

7 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

First off, I respond to people in Purple in their comments, pick a new colour buddy. (This is mostly me joking but really, why use my colour)

To be fair to him, it is the best color. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

@Dynamic skills7 I do have to disagree that running is why people use part 3. While I don't dispute it'll be a factor for some people, I think you overstate the value of running to Jason. Of course this could just be because running has never made a difference to me.

To be fair to him, it is the best color. 

That’s a nice comment that’s a good response, with no hate needed on topic of balance.... it’s correct I’m overstating it a bit and it’s a small difference that some like myself care about, because any small difference in the current game is needed. It still doesn’t solve grouping and venessa chad speed, but helps with 1 on 1 and gives lower speed characters a headache more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since this is being reviewed, I guess I will chime in. Granted, this is only my opinion/viewpoint on the state of the game.

I prefer playing as Jason, but I also enjoy playing as a counselor. I have seen many recommendations in debates that seem to benefit 1 end of the equation.

At release, if you wanted the best chance of surviving the night, counselors needed to communicate and work together. Even then, you rarely saw more the 4 make it out. When you did survive, it actually felt like you accomplished something.

As it is now, I survive probably 75% of the time and see many matches end with 5 to 8 people escaping. Not to mention how many times I have witnessed or assisted in killing Jason.

At launch, I played a lot of private matches with players I met in game and a mic.  Now I only play QP without a mic.

Just my opinion, the Devs got it pretty spot on at launch (minus the bugs, getting knocked out of the map was kinda funny). The current state is that it is too easy to escape or kill Jason.

I could only imagine playing a private match now with the same players I met at launch.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

First off, I respond to people in Purple in their comments, pick a new colour buddy. (This is mostly me joking but really, why use my colour)

Second, Stop being such an asshat.. seriously.. stop picking fights with people who know more than you, it isn’t helping you fit in at camp.

 

Thanks, sorry about the number of arguments you have to sort through. There is some gold in there if you can get through it all though. If you want more details on any of the ideas, please feel free to ask questions. We do want to help even if we fight with each other half the time.

Don't pick red, I've got that one. 😎

39 minutes ago, Dynamic skills7 said:

Yet again I’m just a responder and your talking to the wrong person because your bias and have a thing for me. Something cool is the one who prompted my responses with falseness against my comments..... we were having a normal convo until he started getting sarcastic and annoying just stop. Your such a troll saying he knows more what a joke, he’s not tommy 86 the only person with a brain, I was not fighting with him, so you must be referring to the toddler something cool that just got completely counter argued and you don’t even read anything and your picking fights with me, have I addressed you at all in this? no I haven’t. Who’s picking a fight here then? Not me. Who called me names just now against the rules? Not me. Have I said anything to you to prompt this offensive slander? No. Your logic is out the window and clearly a smear campaign against me. Have I annoyed you on Xbox f13 or something?

i want purple.

@Tommy86 is indeed one of the most well-versed players of this game that is still active on the forum. There are many others as well (I won't name anyone else, as you all know who you are). Read some of the other threads, and you'll see what I mean.

4 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Whoa! You all have been busy in here!

I promise I'm not neglecting the thread. Going to sit down with a coffee and takes some notes from here.

We know you pop in and read what we have to say.

You might need a whole pot of coffee with all the suggestions here. 😎

8 minutes ago, Grape said:

Since this is being reviewed, I guess I will chime in. Granted, this is only my opinion/viewpoint on the state of the game.

I prefer playing as Jason, but I also enjoy playing as a counselor. I have seen many recommendations in debates that seem to benefit 1 end of the equation.

At release, if you wanted the best chance of surviving the night, counselors needed to communicate and work together. Even then, you rarely saw more the 4 make it out. When you did survive, it actually felt like you accomplished something.

As it is now, I survive probably 75% of the time and see many matches end with 5 to 8 people escaping. Not to mention how many times I have witnessed or assisted in killing Jason.

At launch, I played a lot of private matches with players I met in game and a mic.  Now I only play QP without a mic.

Just my opinion, the Devs got it pretty spot on at launch (minus the bugs, getting knocked out of the map was kinda funny). The current state is that it is too easy to escape or kill Jason.

I could only imagine playing a private match now with the same players I met at launch.

The game was fairly unfamiliar territory at launch for a fair number of the players. With the unknown comes an interesting experience. As people learned and adapted, play styles changed. Fast forward to now, with all the bugs, exploits and balance changes. It's almost like a different game. We could see the same excitement as launch day again, once the balance is restored, and the bugs are fixed. I look forward to that day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Grape said:

Since this is being reviewed, I guess I will chime in. Granted, this is only my opinion/viewpoint on the state of the game.

I prefer playing as Jason, but I also enjoy playing as a counselor. I have seen many recommendations in debates that seem to benefit 1 end of the equation.

At release, if you wanted the best chance of surviving the night, counselors needed to communicate and work together. Even then, you rarely saw more the 4 make it out. When you did survive, it actually felt like you accomplished something.

As it is now, I survive probably 75% of the time and see many matches end with 5 to 8 people escaping. Not to mention how many times I have witnessed or assisted in killing Jason.

At launch, I played a lot of private matches with players I met in game and a mic.  Now I only play QP without a mic.

Just my opinion, the Devs got it pretty spot on at launch (minus the bugs, getting knocked out of the map was kinda funny). The current state is that it is too easy to escape or kill Jason.

I could only imagine playing a private match now with the same players I met at launch.

 

I know how you feel, I played launch as well, but a lot of people were new and not ganging up a lot, I remember after a month of the game being out I slowly saw more of this happen though and a lot of problems kicked in. It was nice having meat shielding back then and the extra grab, but damn meat shielding alone didn’t stop a full team spamming my face with objects and having good back hits to make me drop people. It would be a great addition to have the shielding back for more skill with something in addition to kill groups better. I was also a little noob Jason back then and my opinion on strength isn’t as valid as the present day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

@Dynamic skills7 and @Slasher_Clone, let's keep it on topic please gents. 

No problem, in my defence I did make sure to say he was acting like an asshat, not that he was one.

1 hour ago, Dynamic skills7 said:

i want purple.

You can have the light purple, I believe my use of the dark purple, is an established president. I’ve said it before, I want to like you man but you gotta chill a bit. I hope this is an acceptable compromise, with the colours I mean.

1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

 

To be fair to him, it is the best color. 

To true, clearly the best colour.

19 minutes ago, Dynamic skills7 said:

I know how you feel, I played launch as well, but a lot of people were new and not ganging up a lot, I remember after a month of the game being out I slowly saw more of this happen though and a lot of problems kicked in. It was nice having meat shielding back then and the extra grab, but damn meat shielding alone didn’t stop a full team spamming my face with objects and having good back hits to make me drop people. It would be a great addition to have the shielding back for more skill with something in addition to kill groups better. I was also a little noob Jason back then and my opinion on strength isn’t as valid as the present day.

Be this guy man, he seems to want to be one of us and I’d actually like to chat with him. 

 

@Kodiak, I hope this is acceptable, I’m trying, you can see I’m trying right?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

 😎

@Tommy86

The game was fairly unfamiliar territory at launch for a fair number of the players. With the unknown comes an interesting experience. As people learned and adapted, play styles changed. Fast forward to now, with all the bugs, exploits and balance changes. It's almost like a different game. We could see the same excitement as launch day again, once the balance is restored, and the bugs are fixed. I look forward to that day.

I agree with the “unfamiliar”, but the gameplay didn’t really change until the Devs started monkeying with the mechanics. Almost every update made it easier for the counselors to the point where mics/communication are no longer needed.

I guess we will just agree to disagree. 

Like I said earlier, this is just my opinion.

Edit - the Tommy and smiley would not delete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

There are and have been Many knowledgeable players/ members on the forum, and most of if not all of the members still here all want what’s best for the game and post with suggestions to boost the longevity of the game. 

This topic has been discussed several times with and by several different members this is the most current and with a new community lead who seem interested in our suggestions that helps to  breath new life to the game and forums!!

there have been some great suggestions so far and a few from left field but all from great members of the forum looking to keep F13 the game going and Jason’s  kill count growing for years to come.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dynamic skills7 said:

block doesn’t help in the current games state with combat, I didn’t say it didn’t help with doors or targeting people for whatever reason you want to target them for. It’s just funny how tommy says blocking doesn’t work at the moment with a bug against a optimal counselor and you praise everything he says and then I say it and I’m a unfactual idiot apparently and you point out I’m wrong...

Nobody ever said block doesn't work. They said it's too slow. I still use it all the time. And most of the time it works ok.  Also Nobody said you're an idiot. However arguing points that you're wrong on, and changing your wording to make it sound  right doesn't help. You can misquote Tommy86 all day long but I'd really like to know if you have your own opinion on anything?  It might also help you sometimes to write complete sentences. It would make your points clearer. And getting all pissed off when you're challenged isn't helping you out any either. Please drop the name calling. It just makes you look like an asshole. It certainly doesn't make you right. 

 

3 hours ago, Dynamic skills7 said:

this is just bullshit, farther away is not necessarily more accurate from a distance still and it would still waste their stamina either way. Shift grabbing is good from a distance too but still not guaranteed to work and is the same as close range if they do wild movements....

Changing that wording and adding variables. I'm not even going to bother with this one. Too many variables can be added. Kind of like they already have been.

 

3 hours ago, Dynamic skills7 said:

?? Stun resistance like pt 9? I don't think that helps him...  noooo higher stun chance is negative stun resistance. That helps a bit....

No it doesn't necessarily help at all. The words "-stun resistance" are pretty vague. (Does this mean he is stunned more often? Or does it mean stuns  last longer? Or both? Without testing we don't know) Kind of like how "-defense" turns into less hit points. But even if it does help, it would still be subject to perks and even the weapon you're using to demask Jason. Here's a test for you: see how many times you get a stun out of a fire poker. Even with sucker punch I rarely get a stun out of that weapon. Which makes it great for a quick demask.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grape said:

I agree with the “unfamiliar”, but the gameplay didn’t really change until the Devs started monkeying with the mechanics. Almost every update made it easier for the counselors to the point where mics/communication are no longer needed.

I guess we will just agree to disagree. 

Like I said earlier, this is just my opinion.

Edit - the Tommy and smiley would not delete.

The reason mics/communication aren't needed for a lot of us is because we've been playing for a year and a half now.  We know where objectives and objective items spawn, we know how to use the sweater, we know as Tommy to just go to the sweater girl to get the axe, we know to stay in a group if we want to play pinata party, we know shortcuts while driving to escape..etc etc etc

It's not the updates making the game easier that allows for less communication, it's absolutely familiarity to the game that does so.  New players just jumping in now won't have a clue of what to do, where things are, etc..

Jason, wasn't that hard to kill back then either, fwiw. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dynamic skills7 said:

I know how you feel, I played launch as well, but a lot of people were new and not ganging up a lot, I remember after a month of the game being out I slowly saw more of this happen though and a lot of problems kicked in. It was nice having meat shielding back then and the extra grab, but damn meat shielding alone didn’t stop a full team spamming my face with objects and having good back hits to make me drop people. It would be a great addition to have the shielding back for more skill with something in addition to kill groups better. I was also a little noob Jason back then and my opinion on strength isn’t as valid as the present day.

Once videos leaked of how to kill Jason, videos from a guy who can't be named here showing how easy it was to troll Jason and kill him, etc...pinata party became a thing.  

Counselors now just have it a little easier in pulling it off and months upon months of more experience doing so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SirMang said:

The reason mics/communication aren't needed for a lot of us is because we've been playing for a year and a half now.  We know where objectives and objective items spawn, we know how to use the sweater, we know as Tommy to just go to the sweater girl to get the axe, we know to stay in a group if we want to play pinata party, we know shortcuts while driving to escape..etc etc etc

It's not the updates making the game easier that allows for less communication, it's absolutely familiarity to the game that does so.  New players just jumping in now won't have a clue of what to do, where things are, etc..

Jason, wasn't that hard to kill back then either, fwiw. 

If they Devs would not have added the parts being seen on the map, you would need communication to find them. No amount of map knowledge will let you see parts dropped off at their locations, in the middle of the woods or washed up on shore.

Killing Jason was harder with the old grab, team killing and body blocking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grape said:

If they Devs would not have added the parts being seen on the map, you would need communication to find them. No amount of map knowledge will let you see parts dropped off at their locations, in the middle of the woods or washed up on shore.

Killing Jason was harder with the old grab, team killing and body blocking.

I'll give you parts being marked making it easier for counselors to escape now, back then people when they found them would take them to the appropriate location or get it closer to the appropriate location.  Of course this wasn't true in the Jason killing lobbies because they didn't care about objectives then or now.

Killing Jason was no more difficult back then in my opinion, so we'll agree to disagree there.  Body blocking helped Jason if there were only two people together correct but 3-4 it didn't mean a whole lot.  Old grab was better, no disagreement, but still had the same result if you were grabbing in groups as it does now.  Grab-stun.  Now team killing can easily be disputed as people who play in whatever tournament things are run do so in private lobbies where team killing still happens and they still kill Jason. 

Being more familiar with the game, makes the game easier faster than just dumbing down the systems behind it imo  Get a lobby of low level players and try to get whomever came back as Tommy to get on board with killing Jason.  Watch them fail miserably, if they even attempt it with you, by not picking up the axe, by constantly hitting Jason and breaking the axe, by them putting Jason to his knees and then just hitting him again instead of using the prompt.  More often than not lower level players think of Tommy as an extra life and second chance to escape or survive the 20 minutes.  I've seen Tommy's straight hide from when they get called in til the time Jason seek and destroys them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Grape said:

If they Devs would not have added the parts being seen on the map, you would need communication to find them. No amount of map knowledge will let you see parts dropped off at their locations, in the middle of the woods or washed up on shore?

Trolls were hiding the parts Grape, putting them on the map was the only way to fix it without adding more parts and making it to easy for the Counselors. The game was a huge headache when you had to go look all around the edge and in every bush.

If the idea of limiting the gas had been presented earlier, I would have suggested giving the cars a gas gauge and having 4 or 5 gas cans per map with 4 giving you a quarter of a tank, it would take about 1 can to reach the exit from the furthest a car could spawn. Alas it was only suggested recently (by @HuDawg I believe.), it never got any good discussion about if it would have been more viable than just showing the parts. If this had been implemented having a third battery wouldn’t have made much of a difference. 

If it had been discussed I would have suggested the checks be made easier for even low repair Counselors as putting gas in shouldn’t be that hard, just take time. A single check for high repair Counselors but not on every gas can they added, would also have been a good idea as it would give them a slight boost. 

It was and is a good idea, it increases the opportunity Jason has to interfere with the Counselors as they have to go to the objective multiple times if they want to be able to restart the car after it has been smashed and still make it to the exit. Juking would have been a constant battle, with a depleting resource to add tension. The tank could even have a hole in it making the gas gauge deplete on a timer, take to long and you risk running out of gas.

Just imagine...

Running out of gas within site of the exit... or having the passenger hop out with an extra gas can half way to the exit after being attacked by Jason but him having to leave to guard another objective, do you have time to fill it and get away?...

There was real potential of adding both tension and balance, at least imo. 

Edit - before anyone says it yes I know the trolls would have abused this and it probably wouldn’t have been as good as it sounds on paper.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grape said:

I agree with the “unfamiliar”, but the gameplay didn’t really change until the Devs started monkeying with the mechanics. Almost every update made it easier for the counselors to the point where mics/communication are no longer needed.

I guess we will just agree to disagree. 

Like I said earlier, this is just my opinion.

Edit - the Tommy and smiley would not delete.

Game play evolved before, during and after changes to balance. Some people noticed and adapted quicker than others.

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

there have been some great suggestions so far and a few from left field but all from great members of the forum looking to keep F13 the game going and Jason’s  kill count growing for years to come.

I agree. The people who want what's best for the game and are posting rational ideas make up the majority.

49 minutes ago, SirMang said:

The reason mics/communication aren't needed for a lot of us is because we've been playing for a year and a half now.  We know where objectives and objective items spawn, we know how to use the sweater, we know as Tommy to just go to the sweater girl to get the axe, we know to stay in a group if we want to play pinata party, we know shortcuts while driving to escape..etc etc etc

It's not the updates making the game easier that allows for less communication, it's absolutely familiarity to the game that does so.  New players just jumping in now won't have a clue of what to do, where things are, etc..

Jason, wasn't that hard to kill back then either, fwiw. 

You hit the nail on the head. The more familiar people have become with this game, the less of a need for communication there was.

47 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Once videos leaked of how to kill Jason, videos from a guy who can't be named here showing how easy it was to troll Jason and kill him, etc...pinata party became a thing.  

Counselors now just have it a little easier in pulling it off and months upon months of more experience doing so. 

Knowledge is power.

31 minutes ago, Grape said:

If they Devs would not have added the parts being seen on the map, you would need communication to find them.

You can thank trolls for that one.

5 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

There was real potential of adding both tension and balance, at least imo.

The game could do with a lot more tension.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Trolls were hiding the parts Grape, putting them on the map was the only way to fix it without adding more parts and making it to easy for the Counselors.

 

I remember, I just do not agree with making changes based on trolls.  Again, just my opinion.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Grape said:

I remember, I just do not agree with making changes based on trolls.  Again, just my opinion.

 

Cool man, you never know when people started playing, and there’s nothing wrong with your opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Grape said:

I remember, I just do not agree with making changes based on trolls.  Again, just my opinion.

 

So should the game have left some exterior and all interior doors unable to be unlocked from the outside?  Like the Packanack Lodge for example.  This change was done based on trolls who'd lock parts in, again example, Packanack kitchen where the only way in was a through a door that could be made inaccessible to other counselors.  People used to put the gas/battery/fuse/keys in this room, lock the door and hop out the window rendering that item inaccessible unless Jason broke the door down. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Trolls were hiding the parts Grape, putting them on the map was the only way to fix it without adding more parts and making it to easy for the Counselors. The game was a huge headache when you had to go look all around the edge and in every bush.

If the idea of limiting the gas had been presented earlier, I would have suggested giving the cars a gas gauge and having 4 or 5 gas cans per map with 4 giving you a quarter of a tank, it would take about 1 can to reach the exit from the furthest a car could spawn. Alas it was only suggested recently (by @HuDawg I believe.), it never got any good discussion about if it would have been more viable than just showing the parts. If this had been implemented having a third battery wouldn’t have made much of a difference. 

If it had been discussed I would have suggested the checks be made easier for even low repair Counselors as putting gas in shouldn’t be that hard, just take time. A single check for high repair Counselors but not on every gas can they added, would also have been a good idea as it would give them a slight boost. 

It was and is a good idea, it increases the opportunity Jason has to interfere with the Counselors as they have to go to the objective multiple times if they want to be able to restart the car after it has been smashed and still make it to the exit. Juking would have been a constant battle, with a depleting resource to add tension. The tank could even have a hole in it making the gas gauge deplete on a timer, take to long and you risk running out of gas.

Just imagine...

Running out of gas within site of the exit... or having the passenger hop out with an extra gas can half way to the exit after being attacked by Jason but him having to leave to guard another objective, do you have time to fill it and get away?...

There was real potential of adding both tension and balance, at least imo. 

Edit - before anyone says it yes I know the trolls would have abused this and it probably wouldn’t have been as good as it sounds on paper.

 

Great ideas put forth by @HuDawg and yourself the ideas would definitely create some amazing tension if played correctly.... you are right that it would eventually be abused by trolls......running out of gas doing brakes slides at the exit...lol

I was against the parts being shown when implemented also....I understood the reasoning I just wish they used a generic gear image instead of the actual part image, so that if you wanted to know what item it was you had to risk going and finding out or still use your mic to communicate with players to find out who had what or picked up what item.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...