Sign in to follow this  
Trial__By__Scythe

Award more XP for longer kill animations

It would be nice to give some added incentive to use the longer kill animations over the shorter ones (aside from the incentive of how awesome they are). 

Maybe award 10 XP bonus for the Head Punch kill, 25 XP for a kill which is 6-8 seconds, and 75 XP for a kill which is 10+ seconds.

Also, maybe a post-match bonus for things like a variety bonus for not repeating the same kill, or a bonus for using environment kills for the majority of the match (if 5/8 were environmental)

• Thanks 1

Interesting idea, not sure if it would work as intended, but it can’t really hurt as far as I can see. The emblem system managed to clean up Dbd a little this might encourage some of the same in F13. 

I'd take it a step further. Make quick kills a one time per match thing. I'd also have it set up where you could only equip one quick kill.

19 hours ago, Trial__By__Scythe said:

It would be nice to give some added incentive to use the longer kill animations over the shorter ones (aside from the incentive of how awesome they are). 

Maybe award 10 XP bonus for the Head Punch kill, 25 XP for a kill which is 6-8 seconds, and 75 XP for a kill which is 10+ seconds.

Also, maybe a post-match bonus for things like a variety bonus for not repeating the same kill, or a bonus for using environment kills for the majority of the match (if 5/8 were environmental)

An even higher bonus for longer kills would be good... those longer kills have cost me many an escape by using them at the wrong time, or by accident. Never use a long kill in the battle for the car... or for the fuse box... it never works out well... particularly if you actually manage to perform a long kill against a group... which is very rare itself. Long kills require the most space to use them... and counselors can still body block the space required for an execution... let alone, easily free someone from Jason's grip with a weapon.
   An extra bonus for using more (or even clearing a lobby with) environment kills... I am all for it.
   An extra bonus for not using the same kill more than once... I am all for that too.

The problem is, many players do not care about tiny XP bonuses or penalties, as is evident by the 1000XP penalty for team killing... it still happens, because they do not care about the paltry penalty... But having it too high penalizes 'accidents' too much... and enables trolls... for example... those times that some idiot troll will stand in front of the car (or behind it) attempting to stop you and force someone out so they can have a seat... or to keep you there until Jason shows up. I will run these idiots over every time, without hesitation to escape with the people that I have already picked up in the car. Should I be further penalized for getting three people out of Crystal Lake at the cost of having to kill some idiot to do it? The needs of the many outweigh the wants of any troll.

@Risinggrave Making quick kills a one time per match thing is taking it too far... Quick kills are the only chance Jason has to perform a grab kill when fighting against groups... and in incidents like stopping the four seater when it is full. Jason is forced to 'grab' the driver to stop it from moving again and escaping... as the group gets out of the car to fight, a quick kill is his only chance to use an execution to help deal with the situation... except in very rare circumstances that Jason has enough room to preform a longer kill before the others can get to him.
    Just because some people use nothing but quick kills is no reason to limit them for the rest of us... I only use them when necessary, but have had many matches in which it was necessary to use a quick kill more than once.

@Risinggrave,

I agree with @Ahab, limiting Jasons kills would be too punishing to Jason players and he has more than enough problems to deal with right now....

but I do agree that there should be more incentive to do longer kills  AND Environmental kills  I think the longer kills and environmental kills except for window throw( unless from second story windows.).... should Award more XP..... ( possibly encouraging players to use the quick kills less.)

In offline all the environmental kills are worth More than the normal grab kills.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Ahab said:

@Risinggrave Making quick kills a one time per match thing is taking it too far... Quick kills are the only chance Jason has to perform a grab kill when fighting against groups... and in incidents like stopping the four seater when it is full. Jason is forced to 'grab' the driver to stop it from moving again and escaping... as the group gets out of the car to fight, a quick kill is his only chance to use an execution to help deal with the situation... except in very rare circumstances that Jason has enough room to preform a longer kill before the others can get to him.
    Just because some people use nothing but quick kills is no reason to limit them for the rest of us... I only use them when necessary, but have had many matches in which it was necessary to use a quick kill more than once.

You know what? I did say that in a vacuum, assuming that Jason beatdown groups wasn't a thing. I'll amend my statement. It'd be nice if Jason had tools to combat counselors (things like counselors in grabs were susceptible to friendly fire/a swing that hits all counselors in radius for multiple damage, and other possibilities like medic only working for one can of spray etc. Basically things to detour fighting Jason as number one option.) With that, thinking of current quickplay as a whole, I retract my sentiment and agree with you 100%.

14 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

@Risinggrave,

I agree with @Ahab, limiting Jasons kills would be too punishing to Jason players and he has more than enough problems to deal with right now....

but I do agree that there should be more incentive to do longer kills  AND Environmental kills  I think the longer kills and environmental kills except for window throw( unless from second story windows.).... should Award more XP..... ( possibly encouraging players to use the quick kills less.)

In offline all the environmental kills are worth More than the normal grab kills.

See above. I'm gonna do you one better. As a guy who has been level 150 for a long time (my buddy jokes I'd be level 300 if there wasn't a cap) and 880,000+ CP, maybe kills could award that extra XP, and maybe Gun can also rework the perk system to not eventually be unviable. I don't play for anything beyond getting my 1,000 rounds as Jason and the sheer fun of playing at this point.

Slight edit, because I added a word twice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/1/2018 at 10:27 PM, Risinggrave said:

I'd take it a step further. Make quick kills a one time per match thing. I'd also have it set up where you could only equip one quick kill.

I am so glad you retracted that statement. 

As for the topic, I understand the desire to watch better kills but its the player's discretion which kill they choose. I don't feel like longer kills need to be rewarded with bonus XP. You are already rewarded with a much more satisfying kill. Besides, once you are a higher level you will quickly discover how worthless the CP is. 

They need to revamp the progression system to make it more meaningful. Otherwise people will have 500k CP sitting there. Who wants to spend hours or days of rolling perks to get 1 or 2 useful ones? The system never should have been built around RNG. Slot machine perks were a fault from the beginning and will not keep players interested. 

1 minute ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I am so glad you retracted that statement. 

As for the topic, I understand the desire to watch better kills but its the player's discretion which kill they choose. I don't feel like longer kills need to be rewarded with bonus XP. You are already rewarded with a much more satisfying kill. Besides, once you are a higher level you will quickly discover how worthless the CP is. 

They need to revamp the progression system to make it more meaningful. Otherwise people will have 500k CP sitting there. Who wants to spend hours or days of rolling perks to get 1 or 2 useful ones? The system never should have been built around RNG. Slot machine perks were a fault from the beginning and will not keep players interested. 

Meh. 

I still stand by my opinion that slashers/lame killers need to step it up in private parties. You entertain yourself in Quickplay, but if the private lobby hates you, you won't last long. There's a certain forum user whom I won't name and shame, who eventually got told to kick rocks over his playstyle pissing off multiple people.

I have something like 880,000 CP. I agree with you. Hell, even if they used RNG and you could select a perk and keep trying to better it until you have what you want would be cool. Perks as they stand? Meh. Also buying perks after an escape or death might see me trying for more. I ready up in a lobby rather than waste my time and the time of others, and don't jump onto the game to play "what shitty perk am I gonna roll next?"

13 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I agree 100% on the perk system needing reworked, hopefully in will be in one of the next patches.... 

I think once you have rolled the perks up to legendary or epic it should never give you one of the same perks at a lower level.... it is just stupid and such a waste of time... and CP

@Risinggrave I get its boring and redundant, but you also have to keep in mind that often times there isn't room to do any other kills. Or that they have to watch other objectives. Can't fault a player for not wasting time to satisfy their victim with a long death if there are other solid players in a lobby.

The other day I killed 5 people with a head punch. Couldn't get room to do a better kill. It happens from time to time.

13 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Meh. 

I still stand by my opinion that slashers/lame killers need to step it up in private parties. You entertain yourself in Quickplay, but if the private lobby hates you, you won't last long. There's a certain forum user whom I won't name and shame, who eventually got told to kick rocks over his playstyle pissing off multiple people.

I've never played with you, but after this statement im pretty sure id rather not. Really force a player to play how you play or else don't play anymore? Im cool playing with anyone as long as they aren't yelling into mic and acting like an ass. To each is their own though I suppose...

28 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I've never played with you, but after this statement im pretty sure id rather not. Really force a player to play how you play or else don't play anymore? Im cool playing with anyone as long as they aren't yelling into mic and acting like an ass. To each is their own though I suppose...

To be fair, it was a private lobby. I see nothing wrong with having "house rules" for that situation. Also we don't know what about the person in questions play style got them the axe.

4 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

@Risinggrave I get its boring and redundant, but you also have to keep in mind that often times there isn't room to do any other kills. Or that they have to watch other objectives. Can't fault a player for not wasting time to satisfy their victim with a long death if there are other solid players in a lobby.

The other day I killed 5 people with a head punch. Couldn't get room to do a better kill. It happens from time to time.

Meh. Let em' run. 

It does happen from time to time. The thing is that it''s the exception, not the rule.

4 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

We have certain general rules of conduct that we've adopted more or less. Things like leaving cabin doors wide open, suiciding to be Tommy, killing other counselors on purpose, telling Jason where others are or being boring or cheap as jason leave the group annoyed. Why spend time with people who make the game unfun? The majority decides. With that, we're relatively laid back. However if we are all shooting the breeze in the "dead lobby" we want a good show. Jason's who consistently quick choke 8/8 or the like likely won't be invited back next time.

In your case if people are yelling into the mic and pissing you off, you can find a different group, see if the problem player can fix their shit or see if they can be booted. Those are your options.In the case I spoke of we had a handful of players who opted out of playing when the troublemaker showed up. I'd rather play with people I like who are not self centered dicks (meaning if they have fun and you don't, they don't care.) So yeah, some social rules came into play. 

With that if you're on X-box you're welcome to see for yourself if you'd like to run with us. We generally play Thursdays.

3 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

To be fair, it was a private lobby. I see nothing wrong with having "house rules" for that situation. Also we don't know what about the person in questions play style got them the axe.

Indeed.

My stance has long been if playing alone, have your fun as you see fit. If in a group, make sure your fun isn't at their expense.

@Risinggrave I get you. I agree with all of that except i dont get the "good show". Is someone going to miraculously pull out a new kill that no one has seen before? We all have been in this game for hundreds of hours and have seen every kill a bazillion times, so to me any kill that is ever done in the game has been played out if looking at it form that direction. And a lot of times it can be situational. If there is mob at an objective the only option is choke/headpunch else no one will get killed and/or the objective will be completed. In my experience, anyone whining about getting their headpunched off is usually just salty they are dead. That said, i mainly play QP on pc, so ive played with/against every jackass you can find in the game, so prob makes me more tolerable then others.. haha In the end we all are just killing for mama!

5 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

@Risinggrave I get you. I agree with all of that except i dont get the "good show". Is someone going to miraculously pull out a new kill that no one has seen before? We all have been in this game for hundreds of hours and have seen every kill a bazillion times, so to me any kill that is ever done in the game has been played out if looking at it form that direction. And a lot of times it can be situational. If there is mob at an objective the only option is choke/headpunch else no one will get killed and/or the objective will be completed. In my experience, anyone whining about getting their headpunched off is usually just salty they are dead. That said, i mainly play QP on pc, so ive played with/against every jackass you can find in the game, so prob makes me more tolerable then others.. haha In the end we all are just killing for mama!

To preface this, realize I'm speaking of private matches. We're all sitting back spectating after we die or escape. We want to be entertained. That guy who fast punched the entire lobby? A lot of us don't enjoy playing with him as Jason.  We don't care if we die or go less than 8/8 as long as people are enjoying themselves. 

As far as mobs, Jason slashing down the fighters is to be expected. With that said, our standard lobby isn't Jason hunting game after game. 

As far as salt? Headpunches or slashes don't irk us. I've not heard anybody complain nor complained about a headpunch. Three headpunches in a roll? That's different. It's not fun to watch and when you're sitting in the dead lobby (because the game lobby is stable. We're sticking to one for a whole night's play) you want to be entertained. 

Since you note you play in QP mostly. I expect nothing of strangers. QP is the wild west.