HaHaTrumpWon

Effective countermeasures against glitchers?

Earlier tonight I had a Jason-round at Packanack in which everything was going fine until the last few minutes of the round (only 2 counselors were alive at that point). I go through the lodge doing typical Jason searching (destroying hiding spots, checking corners, etc..) On the second floor balcony there's a Vanessa glitched into the corner. Throwing knives had no effect, so I tried slashing in combat stance, which was working until she crouched down and I couldn't hit her. I walked inside the connected room and managed to kill her by swinging my machete against the wall where her face was clipping through, but there was a Tiffany pulling the same bullshit and I couldn't manage to hit her. 

Does anybody know how to effectively/reliably kill glitchers using this exploit? It is flat-out infuriating to fall short of an 8/8 because some loser asshole [hopefully that doesn't qualify as "abuse"] decides to pull the digital version of a little brother calling you names then hiding behind his mom so you can't do shit about it.

It depends on the exploit. It seems like they were attempting to get on the roof and failed, so good on you for killing one of them. Unfortunately if they make it to the roof, it is a stalemate unless for some reason they come down.

I would say that whenever u see someone doing these type of glitches , get urself out of the mentality of killing , and have fun ^^

I once or twice met a few counselors that were walking on water throughout the lake , and as Jason i couldn't do anything :D

Maybe i should've listened to that eminem - walk on water song , and see the light of invisible glitches ^^

I just take a rubber band and put it around the analog sticks, that way Jason is moving around and I don't go idle and I go do something else for the ten or so minutes. 

Jason cannot reach any of the counselor glitch spots, unfortunately. 

You can either go around the map collecting throwing knives and try to kill them that way but there's no point really.  Of course people who do that are running medic and thick skin so you won't kill them anyway. 

3 hours ago, SirMang said:

You can either go around the map collecting throwing knives and try to kill them that way but there's no point really.  Of course people who do that are running medic and thick skin so you won't kill them anyway. 

The Vanessa I killed didn't have either from the looks of it, but the Tiffany probably did. Not to go on a rant but it's just such bullshit! You're fucking the game up for literally everyone else, not just whoever's Jason that round. 

I do what Sir Mang does. I simply stop playing for a little while. Come back and move a bit then go do something else. The match is over anyway. These people are out to laugh at you as you try to kill them. Ten minutes of no Jason to laugh at gets boring. Especially when the 150 your screwing with has no problem staring at a campfire for awhile for CP and XP he or she dosen't even need. In short don't give them what they want. You killed everyone who wanted to play.  

8 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I do what Sir Mang does. I simply stop playing for a little while. Come back and move a bit then go do something else. The match is over anyway. These people are out to laugh at you as you try to kill them. Ten minutes of no Jason to laugh at gets boring. Especially when the 150 your screwing with has no problem staring at a campfire for awhile for CP and XP he or she dosen't even need. In short don't give them what they want. You killed everyone who wanted to play.  

Sad, but true. Maybe at some point these people will grow the fuck up.

On 11/30/2018 at 3:23 PM, SirMang said:

You can get Jason into some of the glitch spots just not the roof glitch. 

@HaHaTrumpWon you did pretty much all you could in that situation. Just get the ones you can and follow @SirMang advice for the ones you can't. It's only a problem if you let it be. Believe me it wasn't any fun for the counselor stuck in the wall either. Unless you were feeding the troll by listening to trash talk or talking shit back to them. Better to just "put them in time out" for the rest of the match and ignore them.

16 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

You can get Jason into some of the glitch spots just not the roof glitch. 

@HaHaTrumpWon you did pretty much all you could in that situation. Just get the ones you can and follow @SirMang advice for the ones you can't. It's only a problem if you let it be. Believe me it wasn't any fun for the counselor stuck in the wall either. Unless you were feeding the troll by listening to trash talk or talking shit back to them. Better to just "put them in time out" for the rest of the match and ignore them.

I always mute voice chat in games, so they can talk all the shit they want to. Yeah, you (not YOU, the glitchers) might have survived the round, but you had to resort to bitch-tactics to do it. Personally, I would feel highly degraded if the only way I could survive in this game was to cheat.

On 12/2/2018 at 2:48 PM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I always mute voice chat in games, so they can talk all the shit they want to. Yeah, you (not YOU, the glitchers) might have survived the round, but you had to resort to bitch-tactics to do it. Personally, I would feel highly degraded if the only way I could survive in this game was to cheat.

Right. It's probably fun for all of 2 minutes and then what. You just keep sitting on a roof by yourself? Why did you buy this game to sit on a roof and do nothing? Doesn't seem very exciting to me.

Just yesterday I had someone get up on the bed and into the corner in the small cabin next to the machine shop on Crystal.

He was the last one alive and had a mic, so I called him out for his bitch tactic and told him congratulations for surviving the rest of this match.  Too bad the lobby has to watch you just turning in circles for 10+ minutes.  Welcome to mute. 

I then put Sportscenter on my TV and just moved the right stick every 20 seconds or so til the end of the match.

it would probably fall under the category of new content, but it would be nice if they could expand the "idle kick." Instead of just moving the analog stick every few seconds to avoid being kicked, have it where the player has to move a certain distance on the map. Of course this wouldn't apply to someone in a hiding spot. But for the trolls that like to get behind the cabinet on the Pinehurst map, or the ones on the porch at Jarvis (I know you can still kill them with Jason), or even the ones on the roofs, if they don't leave from the exploit area and go a certain distance away in a certain amount of time, they get kicked. Just a thought, but it would keep people from having to wait 10 plus minutes because some jackass wants to be a troll. 

They need to patch this shit so it stops happening. Get the players to pitch in and compile a list of exploit spots, then fix them. It wouldn't be a bad idea to spend some time on YouTube looking for glitch/exploit vids, then patch those as  well.

15 hours ago, NightmareFuel said:

Right. It's probably fun for all of 2 minutes and then what. You just keep sitting on a roof by yourself? Why did you buy this game to sit on a roof and do nothing? Doesn't seem very exciting to me.

I agree with you, but to these people the backlash they get from doing something annoying is exciting (or at least entertaining).

So the simple solution is to not engage with them at all. Don't say anything to them. Don't try to throw knives. Don't try to kill them. Just continue playing the game as if they weren't there, and then either leave the match (salt be damned) or do something to stop your game from timing out and go do something else until the timer expires. The worst thing you can do is get angry, call them names, or futilely try to kill them.

It's not ideal, and it's a waste of everyone's time, but this will bore trolls quickly since they aren't getting what they want. If more people do this, more trolls will leave.

• Like 2

I wish they'd still ban people who exploit/glitch the game like in 2017. Otherwise I want my second shack at packanack back with the crotching/power walking glitch.

Last time I had someone glitch up over a bed, I just knifed them to death. It was a very satisfying kill.

I leave the roof - glitchers alone and go hiking around the camp.

On 11/30/2018 at 12:27 PM, SirMang said:

I just take a rubber band and put it around the analog sticks, that way Jason is moving around and I don't go idle and I go do something else for the ten or so minutes. 

Can Jason get kicked for idling in QP? I've never stood around long enough to find out.  

10 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Can Jason get kicked for idling in QP? I've never stood around long enough to find out.  

I would assume so but I don't know for sure. 

On 12/1/2018 at 3:46 PM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Sad, but true. Maybe at some point these people will grow the fuck up.

That's wishful thinking. People growing out of immature mindsets is very rare these days.

On 12/1/2018 at 3:52 PM, thrawn3054 said:

I never understand the point to glitching out of the map.

That's the troll life.

On 12/13/2018 at 4:20 AM, NightmareFuel said:

What's boring to some is exciting to others. Go figure.

On 12/13/2018 at 5:21 PM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

They need to patch this shit so it stops happening. Get the players to pitch in and compile a list of exploit spots, then fix them. It wouldn't be a bad idea to spend some time on YouTube looking for glitch/exploit vids, then patch those as  well.

I'm sure it's on the list at some point. How long it will take, no one knows.

I'll shake Pamela's head and see if it gives an answer like the all-knowing 8-ball.

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

This game doesn't have glitches. It has digital herpes. They can't fix them because there is no cure. 

LMAO, the only times I glitched were on accident and they weren't fun, once I fell through an invisible hole in the ground and fell out of the entire milky way, one I was being dragged 50 yards behind the car, one I got out to give someone else the drivers seat and the car flew up and landed in a tree, some are funny, ive never even googled how to make yourself do this intentionally, they used to do it in all kinds of places, but recently the only one I have noticed was getting roofed, which was completely boring as I was AJ and I repaired the car they didn't even try to take out I had to watch them, they were promptly kicked out in the menu