Anonymous

Will this game ever new content?

It all really depends on when the lawsuit is settled. Unfortunately, the odds of new content decrease with each passing day. 

If it's settled quickly  (within 6 months) maybe. If it takes much long then that, no. Even if there is new content, it'll likely be the stuff that was almost completely finished already (kill packs and Uber). I don't see them starting anything new though.

3 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

If it's settled quickly  (within 6 months) maybe. If it takes much long then that, no. Even if there is new content, it'll likely be the stuff that was almost completely finished already (kill packs and Uber). I don't see them starting anything new though.

Dont lie. We arent getting any of that stuff.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Whitebabyjoker said:

Dont lie. We arent getting any of that stuff.

It's called an opinion. That's what the OP was asking for. An opinion. Which I gave. I didn't say this is what is definitely happening. 

As much as I would like to be optimistic about it all and be hopeful for new content, I doubt it will ever come they have expressed the disinterest in continuing content should the lawsuit end tomorrow.
If it did ever come back to the table about putting proper resources into it then it would need to be worth their while so I imagine everything would become monetized from Kill packs (which fair enough already are) all the way up to new maps and Uber Jason.  

I think if they’re smart then the answer is yes, any new franchise they hope to start has the best chance of being successful if they can launch a sequel to this game at the same time as a sequel to the movie is scheduled to arrive. That means new content would be needed in this game to at least keep it in the zeitgeist until then. It’s easier to repair the relationship between the fans of this game then it would be to convince a big studio there are enough financial incentives to create a new game from scratch. 

Add to that, this is the only asymmetrical game that currently has any chance of expanding and being a multimedia franchise. That opportunity won’t last though.

Imagine a new movie is coming out Friday the 13th, 2020. It’s set in the modern day but with a few flashbacks to the 90’s that tidy up the story and give you a based to continue from. At the same time, those flashbacks are expanded into a full story as a dlc for this game. Ten new Counselors are introduced and each map receives a re-Skin. The classic camp maps are run down, set up as crime scenes or like say Pinehurst and Jarvis are given new fences and signs that warn of danger but still have people living in them just like in the movies. Jason mostly stays in his camp, so I figure they would be resettled but some areas would have warnings. I’d like a new map to maybe the township of Forest Green. 

Sure it’s wishful thinking on my part but I also happen to think it would both be good for the franchise and make money.

2 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

It's called an opinion. That's what the OP was asking for. An opinion. Which I gave. I didn't say this is what is definitely happening. 

Again, dont lie. OP did not mention opinion at all. He asked a direct question. If you want to give your opinion that's fine but done lie to me and say that's what someone wanted. Own up to it.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Whitebabyjoker said:

Again, dont lie. OP did not mention opinion at all. He asked a direct question. If you want to give your opinion that's fine but done lie to me and say that's what someone wanted. Own up to it.

To be fair, his question was more gibberish then anything...

• Like 1

I don't believe we will because they have said before, time and time again, that even if the lawsuit was settled and ended tomorrow, there will still be no more content.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

It all really depends on when the lawsuit is settled. Unfortunately, the odds of new content decrease with each passing day. 

This is a valid way to look at things as they stand.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Whitebabyjoker said:

Fine. Let me rephrase. I interpreted it as them asking an opinion as the topic heading was a bit unclear. I could of course be wrong. I could also decided not to start crap with people over nothing. I know it wasn't the route you took, but I think I'll go with it.

I don't know how many times Wes has to say "All future content is cancelled forever" before it finally starts to sink in.  Cognitive Dissonance is a helluva drug. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Thatguyinktown said:

Cognitive Dissonance is a helluva drug. 

Maybe but I think money probably outways it. 

4 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

I don't know how many times Wes has to say "All future content is cancelled forever" before it finally starts to sink in.  Cognitive Dissonance is a helluva drug. 

Thick Skin meets Thick Skull...

3 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Maybe but I think money probably outways it. 

Both of those overshadow "Life". I remember when people used to get high off of life.

• Like 1

When Victor won and before Horror Inc gave notice of appeal,they did back peddle a tad saying they do want to make content but now that Horror Inc is intending to appeal the outlook is very bleak.I'd lean toward no we'll not get any new content .

On 11/29/2018 at 6:21 PM, Vendredi13 said:

This game is done just move on

Is the game done with new content? Very likely, yes.

Is the game done period? As long as the servers are active and people are playing, no.

17 hours ago, ProPlaya10 said:

That’s the thing.When the lawsuit ends.Nobody knows when that will be.

Perhaps we should start a pool and guess when we think the lawsuit will be resolved.

• Like 1

no just go watch slash and cast second interview with Larry Zerner he explains why its unlikely to happen 

3 hours ago, pioneer67fkd said:

no just go watch slash and cast second interview with Larry Zerner he explains why its unlikely to happen 

Yep,pretty much although in that video he predicted that there COULD be a deal struck between Victor and Sean within 30 days of that video.However it has been nearly 30 days or over so looks like his gut instinct was wrong. It could take as long as 2 years and then it could go on to the Supreme Court after that.

15 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Yep,pretty much although in that video he predicted that there COULD be a deal struck between Victor and Sean within 30 days of that video.However it has been nearly 30 days or over so looks like his gut instinct was wrong. It could take as long as 2 years and then it could go on to the Supreme Court after that.

well not exactly because sean didn't actually appeal he just motion for appeal which means theres still a possibility for a deal between the two it will probably happen because they want to make more movies but it will be to late  for game though  when whenever deal will be made