Jump to content
F13Jason

This game is disgraceful to Jason.

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, dniezby said:

Na...I think it's just good play by counselors. They tried it again this last round I just played. They failed again. But it was only 5 gang attacking because I killed two within the first minute. LOL. 

This doesn't necessarily mean you're good just because you survived. More than likely it meant they didn't think you were enough of a threat that they needed to try to escape. Experienced counselors that are trying to kill you won't all gang up on you for two reasons:

1) they don't need to. They'll have one or two people tasked with getting your mask. And it won't take any more than that. 

2) Theres too much that can go wrong with getting the kill if every counselor is surrounding Jason beating the mask off. All it takes to screw up a perfectly good kill is for more than one counselor to try dropping Jason to his knees. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Another “ get good” statement from someone who probably just downloaded the game while it was on Ps plus last month telling a veteran player how it is....please...you have probably only played against fairly new players.

a word of advice the issue with weak Jason is a game play mechanic one not a skill level one. Poor balance with buggy combat make for 1 vs 7 fairly one sided ... Jasons handicaps are clearly front and center when battling experienced kill squads and competent players.

I've never been a fan of the "get good" argument in any game. Telling someone to "get good" is like dropping someone who can't swim in the middle of the ocean and telling them to swim to shore.

I do agree that game play mechanics need a bit of attention to get things back on track. Skill plays a part in performance, but the mechanics count just as much.

1 hour ago, dniezby said:

And just to clarify, reading a reply doesn't quite put across my tone.  I do have serious problems with many gammers today though and that part is true.  If you read much of this thread, most of the complaints are whiny. Like "I can't do it...It's too hard..." so they want the developers to Nerf or Buff something.  WTF! Stop being such quitters.  If you're getting your ass beat, fight back. Learn how to use strategies and techniques that get you better.  Don't change the game. Change your methods.  Jason, WAS NOT unstoppable in ANY movie.  Otherwise, we wouldn't have 11 movies. (Yup, I counted the reboot - which was underrated )  As for the councelors, NONE of them are 100%.  They ALL have weaknesses and it's up to you to learn how to overcome or take advantage of them. It's not the developers job to make the game weaker so you get better.

Sometimes, changes in the game are necessary. Many well-seasoned players have observed and evaluated the game on a molecular level, and know what things need to be fixed. Just because something isn't a problem for certain people, doesn't mean it isn't a problem. A lot of people who play this game (myself included) agree that some changes need to be made in the name of balance. The balance of this game will likely be a work in progress until the very end. I won't say "get good" but instead say "adapt as needed".

24 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

consider this a “the more you know.” Kind of post.

I miss those NBC commericals.

17 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

We all felt pretty powerful as Jason at one time....that feeling will pass just like the hope that the developers will actually fix this game before it hits its second anniversary......

and yeah he will have a rude awaking the first time his mask gets knocked off and realizes they have set him up for the kill that he didn’t even see coming.

To always feel "powerful" as Jason now would require playing against only new players that haven't adapted to the game yet. Players that haven't been humbled as Jason yet aren't playing against the right lobbies. It could happen, sooner or later.

4 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

This doesn't necessarily mean you're good just because you survived. More than likely it meant they didn't think you were enough of a threat that they needed to try to escape. Experienced counselors that are trying to kill you won't all gang up on you for two reasons:

1) they don't need to. They'll have one or two people tasked with getting your mask. And it won't take any more than that. 

2) Theres too much that can go wrong with getting the kill if every counselor is surrounding Jason beating the mask off. All it takes to screw up a perfectly good kill is for more than one counselor to try dropping Jason to his knees. 

I've noticed in the typical Jason kill squad, one or two always hang back in case things go wrong.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

I've noticed in the typical Jason kill squad, one or two always hang back in case things go wrong.

It's never a bad idea to have a backup plan.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

It's never a bad idea to have a backup plan.

That we agree on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

I've never been a fan of the "get good" argument in any game. Telling someone to "get good" is like dropping someone who can't swim in the middle of the ocean and telling them to swim to shore.

I do agree that game play mechanics need a bit of attention to get things back on track. Skill plays a part in performance, but the mechanics count just as much.

Sometimes, changes in the game are necessary. Many well-seasoned players have observed and evaluated the game on a molecular level, and know what things need to be fixed. Just because something isn't a problem for certain people, doesn't mean it isn't a problem. A lot of people who play this game (myself included) agree that some changes need to be made in the name of balance. The balance of this game will likely be a work in progress until the very end. I won't say "get good" but instead say "adapt as needed".

I miss those NBC commericals.

To always feel "powerful" as Jason now would require playing against only new players that haven't adapted to the game yet. Players that haven't been humbled as Jason yet aren't playing against the right lobbies. It could happen, sooner or later.

I've noticed in the typical Jason kill squad, one or two always hang back in case things go wrong.

Well said on all points!!

“testify my brother!”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OCT 31 1978 said:

Well said on all points!!

“testify my brother!”

And the people of Camp Crystal Lake said "Amen"! 😎

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

He's clearly never been demasked by one or two hits from a Buggzy in the first few minutes of a match...

Holy Jebus...Have you really been demasked that fast? I've been demasked a lot but that's about as far as it goes. I focus my kill on the sweater if it comes to that.  Then they can hit me all they want. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@dniezby

I once got demasked (through a locked door) by a Fox with an axe in 2 hits within the first 2 minutes of a match. It did not end well for me. I was only level 58 at the time, and up til that point I thought I was an awesome Jason. And that was before the grab update when Jason really got neutered. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, dniezby said:

Holy Jebus...Have you really been demasked that fast? I've been demasked a lot but that's about as far as it goes. I focus my kill on the sweater if it comes to that.  Then they can hit me all they want. 

 

Depending on what Jason you are using you can be demasked in one hit, I have on many occasions using Part 9 and part 6 have been demasked by Tommy or a Bugzy in one hit.

perks on counselors really can make all the difference in the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

I once got demasked (through a locked door) by a Fox with an axe in 2 hits within the first 2 minutes of a match. It did not end well for me. I was only level 58 at the time, and up til that point I thought I was an awesome Jason. And that was before the grab update when Jason really got neutered. 

I really wish I had found this game when it was in it's Kickstarter.  I will agree that I have had weird glitch things happen but I chalk that up to data stream issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dniezby said:

I really wish I had found this game when it was in it's Kickstarter.  I will agree that I have had weird glitch things happen but I chalk that up to data stream issues. 

 That's not a glitch. That's strategy from a kill squad and the exact right perk build for the goal that they wanted to accomplish. And a bit of bad luck on my part for picking the cabin with the Jason hunter Fox inside it for the first door I decided to knock down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Depending on what Jason you are using you can be demasked in one hit, I have on many occasions using Part 9 and part 6 have been demasked by Tommy or a Bugzy in one hit.

perks on counselors really can make all the difference in the world.

I agree. The perks are all a numbers game. With the right perks, the math works in your favor, and almost anything is possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, dniezby said:

I've only been playing for about 2 months.

.....lol.

Keep praying you end up playing against newbies.

14 hours ago, dniezby said:

WTF?! 1 V 7 is supposed to be unbalanced...That's why it's 1 versus 7. LOL.  As Jason you do NOT want to be in that situation.  Hell, you never want to be in that situation. BUT if you do, then you've done something wrong. 
 

..So you're saying if the counselors group up, they can just do ever they want?  And Jason should just go home?..

 

16 hours ago, dniezby said:

have you even seen a Friday the 13th movie? You know how he dies at the end of each movie?  THEY STAND THEIR GROUND! LOL.  Hell, he's killed one time by a 12 yo. 

I didn't say say they should remove the ability to kill Jason or fight back if needed.

Besides.. which F13th movie had Jason getting beat down by everyone for most of the movie? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@dniezby It's entirely too easy to demask Jason. I've lost count of the number of times that I've done it on a whim. As others have pointed out you seem to have yet to meet a proper kill squad. They pretty much never number more than 3 to 4 people. With 1 to 2 being tasked with the demask. The other 1 to 2 being the sweater girl and possibly a backup sweater girl. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All you need to kill Jason is two sweater girls. You can be Jenny for all it matters, since the mask comes off in 4 heavy attacks from a machete from Jenny... A 1 Strength counselor. Plus it is best to save demasking for after Tommy spawns. Bring the shotty to the shack, while having sqeater girl bring either an Axe or a Machete. Have the sweater girl drop her Axe or Machete before going in the shack, grab the Sweater and the Axe, use the cue Jason gets as bait to get hin there, ahoot Jason from up close, sandwich him with a double heavy attack when he gets out of stun. Goodbye mask, and then goodbye Jason as there is not adequate time to morph or shift away from the kill at that point.

It's way too easy, and I have quite literally killed Jasons bad and elite close to 1K times. Jason needs more mask HP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact of the matter is Jason is pathetic and that the goal of killing Jason, experienced or not, is a standard strategy breaks the whole goal the game is supposed to be about.

You are not a hero, you are not the final guy/gal, you're the worthless idiots that Jason mows down through the first 30 minutes of the film. The game was built with dying as the focus point. That is why the biggest single bonus you can get from EXP is simply being present when the round ends. Bam, 500 exp. Everything else is bonus.

Jason was supposed to be mostly unstoppable, like he is in the films. Fighting him = death and a stun was supposed to encourage you to run your ass off and HOPE you lose him, because the GOAL was that you were supposed to escape. Call the cops, fix a car/boat, or just survive for 20 minutes.

Killing Jason was never supposed to be a goal and was more to be an easter egg, and sure as hell more difficult to do than it is now where it only requires two people.

But for how the counselors are forever better than Jason, you only need to look at how the counselors have gotten massive perks while Jason has only gotten worse since launch. Jason never changed for the better. He only got his attack and grab range nerfed to insane degrees, allowing a single chad with an unbreakable wrench KO jason non stop with Jason unable to do jack shit. Jason doesn't get stun resisting perks, a perk for damage output, increased HP, or anything of the sort.

Know why? Simple; because it'd upset the counselors, and this game is Counselor Dance off Party. It makes me furious to the point that I utterly refuse to help teams who try to kill Jason and will do my best to sabotage them or repair things while they are off playing the game in a stupid way.

Hunting Jason should never have become a thing and if I was in charge, I'd outright remove the ability to kill Jason as the joke long ran it's course.

YHMXwIK.gif

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

Know why? Simple; because it'd upset the counselors, and this game is Counselor Dance off Party. It makes me furious to the point that I utterly refuse to help teams who try to kill Jason and will do my best to sabotage them or repair things while they are off playing the game in a stupid way.

I've noticed an increase in the number of  saboteurs who try to prevent Jason's death. I take it you use the usual means to deny the players a chance at the kill?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

 

Know why? Simple; because it'd upset the counselors, and this game is Counselor Dance off Party. It makes me furious to the point that I utterly refuse to help teams who try to kill Jason and will do my best to sabotage them or repair things while they are off playing the game in a stupid way.

 

There is no reason to sabotage your team. You don't want to take part in the kill that's your right. Actively sabotaging the kill is no different then holding onto a repair part. It's just a scum move.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

There is no reason to sabotage your team. 

Well its really not a team.   

Id say.....5 Squeakers yelling through the mic..Yelling 'cache me out side' while looking to kill Jason.  Is a perfect example of a reason to sabotage 😜😅

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

Well its really not a team.   

Id say.....5 Squeakers yelling through the mic..Yelling 'cache me out side' while looking to kill Jason.  Is a perfect example of a reason to sabotage 😜😅

Lol. Okay, that is a fair point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, dniezby said:

Holy Jebus...Have you really been demasked that fast? I've been demasked a lot but that's about as far as it goes. I focus my kill on the sweater if it comes to that.  Then they can hit me all they want. 

 

Certain Jasons can be demask within 1 heavy hit from a machete from Bugzy or Tommy w/ a damage boosting perk like slugger.

6 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

The fact of the matter is Jason is pathetic and that the goal of killing Jason, experienced or not, is a standard strategy breaks the whole goal the game is supposed to be about.

You are not a hero, you are not the final guy/gal, you're the worthless idiots that Jason mows down through the first 30 minutes of the film

What are you talking about?  I'm not the one who normally brings up "but in the movies.....",  but not every character in the movies are a horny selfish teenager.  Ever movie has it's survivors, heros, and Jason is defeated.  If the player has the ability, he/she is free to be the hero or the scumbag that only prioritize their survival.

6 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

Hunting Jason should never have become a thing and if I was in charge, I'd outright remove the ability to kill Jason as the joke long ran it's course.

 

If counselors want to try to kill me, I welcome them to try.  Heck even in Part4, there was someone there specificly to hunt Jason (even though he died pathetically).  I'm not going to pretend that Jason killing is balanced gameplay wise, as the main problem with it is if Jason is going against a skilled lobby.  If Tommy spawns with such a lobby it will be a uphill battle, but most QP kill-squads are amateurs and you are more likely to cut Tommy off since most players prioritize looting first over anything.

I can understand that someone may not like that the killer can be killed, but it appeals to other players such as myself.  DBD doesn't interest me because besides the killer not just killing his victim right away, it's boring just looping them as survivor.  I want to fight back, and as Killer, I want them to be able to fight back.  My "powertrip" I get from playing Jason doesn't come from killing defenceless players, but from outplaying a counselor who has his way with every Jason until he has to go though me >:D.  Since the killer can be killed, this is a survival game for Jason as well, so it's best to approach it as such.

23 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

 

1) they don't need to. They'll have one or two people tasked with getting your mask. And it won't take any more than that.

 

Haha, funny thing about that.  You are not wrong when it comes to the typical Jason.  I play with several Kill-squads, so when I'm Jason I have to go against them.  You may think it should be easy to demask me, but I use a spear w/weapon strength to distance myself from a counter-attack, use good spacing,  know when to hold my guard (block), good with the quick throw and can combo into cripple, and use defensive shift to bail out from a punish.   The trick is to NEVER GET HIT, since even from a stun will lead into damage after recovery.  They tried 2, then 3, and even 4 players trying to get my mask off, I still fight them off and they died, most of the time mask still on my face.   They concluded that they need the entire lobby to ensure the mask comes off, so as soon as Tommy spawned (something I allow maybe only 35% of my Jason game), I had to fight off him and 4 Vanessas and a Chad w/ machete, bats, and axes, lol.  Still though, I manage to cripple Tommy a few times and it took them about 2-3 mins to get the mask off.  Luckly for me, the kill was blotched, though it was kinda my fault if I got killed since I attempted to take them full on, lol.  My pride :rolleyes:

I do believe that ANY Jason player should have a chance of being killed, including me,  but as game is now, too much of it depends on whether or not Tommy spawns.  Unlike other "objectives", Jason isn't immediately aware of the Tommy Radio so he can't always prevent it so it's usually a Free Call, and the sweater location is always known by knowledgeable players, they don't need to look for it like other key items.  This might not matter with most QP lobby and even with the average kill-squads, but against a lobby full of skilled and experienced players that is only looking for the Jason killed, Tommy being call is the game.  Many here want to see a HP buff, but I want just Tommy Radio given to Jason.  The best games I have with kill-squads as counselor is when the Jason manages to cut and trap that powerbox, and we have to work as a team to spread Jason out to have a opportunity to fix it.  Being mob by the entire lobby?   Mask comes off?  Who cares as long as that box is secured.  Fixing it and making that call with a skilled Jason contesting it is difficult, likely many casualties.  Even if the party swarms Jason trying to get that call, same strategy as preventing cops,  attack the caller and body block the phone interaction spot, they will not get that call off with Jason there.  If Tommy gets into the game, then he was earned, and Jason still has a chance of fighting the kill off or may luck out with a Dummy Jarvis.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Well its really not a team.   

That’s what I was going to say.

It’s a bad assumption going into quick play that you are working on a team. Save that mentality for private matches. Quick play is the wild west where players play in a variety of ways. Some like to play as a group, Some prefer to lone wolf it. Others will actively work to betray you. There is nothing more annoying than those that insist that I play the way they want me to. I’m not going to work to save others if I perceive them to be playing like idiots, or if I don’t feel that I can trust them... even if I come back as Tommy. I keep thinking about the time I got yelled at for not helping fight Jason when I became Tommy and instead went to fix the phone. Sorry, but grouping up on Jason chain stunning him without taking the mask off or getting the sweater is a really shitty battle plan. I’m still glad they died. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

They tried 2, then 3, and even 4 players trying to get my mask off, I still fight them off and they died, most of the time mask still on my face.   They concluded that they need the entire lobby to ensure the mask comes off,

Anyone with your skill level would be the exception to the rule for sure.  I was talking about your average everyday Jason from quick play that thinks they're "good" because they killed a bunch of chain stunning trolls that probably weren't even trying to kill them. 

14 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

I do believe that ANY Jason player should have a chance of being killed, including me,  but as game is now, too much of it depends on whether or not Tommy spawns.  Unlike other "objectives", Jason isn't immediately aware of the Tommy Radio so he can't always prevent it so it's usually a Free Call, and the sweater location is always known by knowledgeable players, they don't need to look for it like other key items.  This might not matter with most QP lobby and even with the average kill-squads, but against a lobby full of skilled and experienced players that is only looking for the Jason killed, Tommy being call is the game Many here want to see a HP buff, but I want just Tommy Radio given to Jason.

I like this idea but I think it'd end up having the Jason just camping the Tommy box the entire match. Especially if he knew ahead of time that he was going up against a kill squad. I don't think a HP buff would do anything either. I can demask Jason with as little as 1 hit. By the time they buff that out Jason would be nearly invincible. Certainly to the point to make it unbelievable that some little girl  could knock it off with some half  assed swipe like you see in the movies. Personally I want meat shielding back and maybe speed up block a little bit. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

That’s what I was going to say.

It’s a bad assumption going into quick play that you are working on a team. Save that mentality for private matches. Quick play is the wild west where players play in a variety of ways. Some like to play as a group, Some prefer to lone wolf it. Others will actively work to betray you. There is nothing more annoying than those that insist that I play the way they want me to. I’m not going to work to save others if I perceive them to be playing like idiots, or if I don’t feel that I can trust them... even if I come back as Tommy. I keep thinking about the time I got yelled at for not helping fight Jason when I became Tommy and instead went to fix the phone. Sorry, but grouping up on Jason chain stunning him without taking the mask off or getting the sweater is a really shitty battle plan. I’m still glad they died. 

I guess I should clarify what I mean a bit. You are 100% correct that it is the wild west, and you can't rely on your fellow counselors. At least not to do something intelligent and useful. They do still have a purpose though. Sometimes it's nothing more than serving as cannon fodder. You have every right to play as you choose. The only exception I see, is actively sabotaging/betraying your fellow counselors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

I like this idea but I think it'd end up having the Jason just camping the Tommy box the entire match. Especially if he knew ahead of time that he was going up against a kill squad. I don't think a HP buff would do anything either. I can demask Jason with as little as 1 hit. By the time they buff that out Jason would be nearly invincible. Certainly to the point to make it unbelievable that some little girl  could knock it off with some half  assed swipe like you see in the movies. Personally I want meat shielding back and maybe speed up block a little bit. 

Exactly.  Regardless of skill of the Jason player, if every counselor goes after Jason's mask at once, some extra HP just isn't going to matter much if they are exploiting Jason mechanical flaws.  In a scenario where Jason can't be killed, even if Jason exchange hits for stuns, he will eventually win as long as counselor pointlessly dance with him.  Securing that powerbox creates such a situation that players will have to spread out since nothing is getting done if everyone simply stays together.   Sure Jason can just camp it, but it will leave all other objectives unattended opening up other win condition if Jason just wants to squat it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...