Sign in to follow this  
stoney

The Car

It should not have to come to a rolling stop in order to reverse. Slamming on the breaks should make it stop hard if not flip the bitch.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I think Savini Jason is pretty op with the car setup right now. 5 traps and +shift. Before hand though you could escape vs Rage Part 9 and dodge like 7 shifts on your way out which is bull for Jason. Without the slide you can stop and move forward and backward to instantly dodge Jason's whole shift duration.

2 hours ago, ExpertDual said:

I think Savini Jason is pretty op with the car setup right now. 5 traps and +shift. Before hand though you could escape vs Rage Part 9 and dodge like 7 shifts on your way out which is bull for Jason. Without the slide you can stop and move forward and backward to instantly dodge Jason's whole shift duration.

So don’t let them start it. There has to be a chance to escape, or what’s the point. Jason can go murder bots any time, human players will quit if the car wasn’t a viable escape option. I hate to sound like I don’t care how a Jason player feels but at this point I’m just sick of hearing it’s to hard. If two people escape and you still killed six or seven, that’s a good match but the expectation that you should be able to murder the entire lobby every time is dumb. It’s disrespectful to the Counselor players, and doesn’t help anyone. 

Jason needs a buff sure, but nerfing the car would just cause outrage and in the end wouldn’t make anyone happy. 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

So don’t let them start it. There has to be a chance to escape, or what’s the point. Jason can go murder bots any time, human players will quit if the car wasn’t a viable escape option. I hate sound like I don’t care how a Jason player feels but at this point I’m just sick of hearing it’s to hard. If two people escape and you still killed six or seven, that’s a good match but the expectation that you should be able to murder the entire lobby every time is dumb. It’s disrespectful to the Counselor players, and doesn’t help anyone. 

Jason needs a buff sure, but nerfing the car would just cause outrage and in the end wouldn’t make anyone happy. 

@Slasher_Clone I was saying the car was balanced because of the slide? Plus they added a drift feature too

I do not see badly the handling of the car. Sometimes to stop it with Jason if it's green that fails

33 minutes ago, ExpertDual said:

@Slasher_Clone I was saying the car was balanced because of the slide? Plus they added a drift feature too

Ah, I understand what you meant now and I agree that’s why they added those features it locks you in and gives Jason a chance. Plus I like drifting. 

29 minutes ago, The Rain said:

I do not see badly the handling of the car. Sometimes to stop it with Jason if it's green that fails

Not sure what exactly your saying but welcome to the forums.

PS. If you look at the bottom of the comment box after you cut and paste you can, Display as clear text, please do this in the future. Thanks.

I think the car works pretty well as it should. I believe if you reverse and hit the break you'll stop faster.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Ah, I understand what you meant now and I agree that’s why they added those features it locks you in and gives Jason a chance. Plus I like drifting. 

Not sure what exactly your saying but welcome to the forums.

PS. If you look at the bottom of the comment box after you cut and paste you can, Display as clear text, please do this in the future. Thanks.

Thanks for the welcome and advice. I joined to report a cheater player but I will remain.

The car is a guaranteed escape with a driver who's using nerves of steel and pays attention to their mini-map. 

Jason has no ability to stop the car of someone who knows how to drive and use the mini-map. 

I've been in plenty of matches with someone who can drive the car around the entire map for 15 minutes. 

If you lose your mini-map Jason has the advantage against the car.  Then, and only then, does he have the advantage. 

1 hour ago, SirMang said:

The car is a guaranteed escape with a driver who's using nerves of steel and pays attention to their mini-map. 

Jason has no ability to stop the car of someone who knows how to drive and use the mini-map. 

I've been in plenty of matches with someone who can drive the car around the entire map for 15 minutes. 

If you lose your mini-map Jason has the advantage against the car.  Then, and only then, does he have the advantage. 

Nothing is guaranteed. Even if you know how to drive there is such a thing as bad luck for the councelor and good luck for Jason. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Nothing is guaranteed. Even if you know how to drive there is such a thing as bad luck for the councelor and good luck for Jason. 

But it is guaranteed.  

No amount of luck can help Jason with an experienced driver.  

Because a good driver who's paying attention knows where Jason is at at all times, knows he can almost drive all the way up to him and do an e-brake 180 that Jason can do nothing to stop, and won't drive into a random tree.  This includes watching someone drive around the Higgins Barn 15 times and can pinpoint exactly where Jason''s morph is by the barn.  I've literally been in the car with a driver who sat 10 feet from the morph point and kept saying wait for it, wait for it, wait for it...Jason shows up, he hammers reverse and e-brake and does a 180 with a Jason flailing at the back of the car only to watch him circle the barn driving by Jason once and doing another e-brake 180 right in front of him. 

Any time Jason gets anywhere near the car, he shows up on the drivers mini-map.  If he morphs the driver sees it, if he shifts the driver sees it doesn't matter if he's in stalk the driver still sees it. 

To stop the car, you have to know morph points and use shift right after you morph and hope you guess the right direction, while having a +shift Jason to have a small chance at getting in the right position.  Even still the good driver sees all of it and can just do an e-brake 180 as Jason gets alongside the car or just stops. 

26 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Totally agree with this. You can be the best driver ever in this game and something can happen to make you not escape. 

I have been driving the car and all of a sudden got a bad connection, glitched, next thing I know I was having to re-start the car because it made me hit a fence post. 

Just saying, anything can happen to make you mess up and it will be no fault of your own. 

1 minute ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Totally agree with this. You can be the best driver ever in this game and something can happen to make you not escape. 

I have been driving the car and all of a sudden got a bad connection, glitched, next thing I know I was having to re-start the car because it made me hit a fence post. 

Just saying, anything can happen to make you mess up and it will be no fault of your own. 

yeah i hit a tree last night but in my screen i was not even close to hitting it. i didnt even get a crash sound. just saw smoke in front and was like oh shit what happened!

17 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Or you can forget that you can’t drive over foot bridges and destroy the poor car like I did. Shit happens, laugh it off and run for the cops.

I do wish they had gotten the car customization system up and running or even just had more options. Hell I would have payed for a dlc to have my own car, a perk that lets you start with the keys and a cool Skin is totally worth 5 dollars. Hell it would save me all the PK’s I’ve traded for keys over the course of the last year. (If someone wants to talk about what could have been with the car system, let me know maybe start a thread, not sure if this ones ok to co-op.)

1 hour ago, SirMang said:

But it is guaranteed.  

Because a good driver who's paying attention knows where Jason is at at all times, knows he can almost drive all the way up to him and do an e-brake 180 that Jason can do nothing to stop, and won't drive into a random tree.  This includes watching someone drive around the Higgins Barn 15 times and can pinpoint exactly where Jason''s morph is by the barn.  I've literally been in the car with a driver who sat 10 feet from the morph point and kept saying wait for it, wait for it, wait for it...Jason shows up, he hammers reverse and e-brake and does a 180 with a Jason flailing at the back of the car only to watch him circle the barn driving by Jason once and doing another e-brake 180 right in front of him. 

Any time Jason gets anywhere near the car, he shows up on the drivers mini-map.  If he morphs the driver sees it, if he shifts the driver sees it doesn't matter if he's in stalk the driver still sees it. 

To stop the car, you have to know morph points and use shift right after you morph and hope you guess the right direction, while having a +shift Jason to have a small chance at getting in the right position.  Even still the good driver sees all of it and can just do an e-brake 180 as Jason gets alongside the car or just stops. 

Your last paragraph just proves my point that nothing is guaranteed.  Even the best drivers can become over confident, or not notice subtle changes in topography that will hang a car up. The person that you describe is like one percent of one percent of one percent of the people that get behind the wheel of the car in this game. I’m not going to worry about them. If they’re that good then good for them. 

32 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Or you can forget that you can’t drive over foot bridges and destroy the poor car like I did. Shit happens, laugh it off and run for the cops.

I do wish they had gotten the car customization system up and running or even just had more options. Hell I would have payed for a dlc to have my own car, a perk that lets you start with the keys and a cool Skin is totally worth 5 dollars. Hell it would save me all the PK’s I’ve traded for keys over the course of the last year. (If someone wants to talk about what could have been with the car system, let me know maybe start a thread, not sure if this ones ok to co-op.)

I’ve always thought that they should introduce movie accurate vehicles, like Ginny’s VW Beetle from Part 2 or the van from Part 3. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I’ve always thought that they should introduce movie accurate vehicles, like Ginny’s VW Beetle from Part 2 or the van from Part 3. 

Yeah, I want the beetle for my Mitch.

things I've found out about the car on PS4.  You can exit a level driving backwards and if you are driving backwards and hit Jason it still stops the car.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, SirMang said:

But it is guaranteed.  

Not true, if Jason is behind/inside a building and shifts or morphs into shift he won't appear on the minimap. The only time I miss the car as Jason is If my sense was off when I tried to stop it.

On 11/15/2018 at 11:59 AM, Slasher_Clone said:

So don’t let them start it. There has to be a chance to escape, or what’s the point. Jason can go murder bots any time, human players will quit if the car wasn’t a viable escape option. I hate to sound like I don’t care how a Jason player feels but at this point I’m just sick of hearing it’s to hard. If two people escape and you still killed six or seven, five or six that’s a good match but the expectation that you should be able to murder the entire lobby every time is dumb. It’s disrespectful to the Counselor players, and doesn’t help anyone. 

I agree that counselor kills should never be 100%. The only way that would be true is if a Jason player was playing against the same 7 people who were less skilled, and never got any better.

23 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Luck exists in every game in some form.

23 hours ago, SirMang said:

But it is guaranteed.  

luck

NOUN

success or failure apparently brought by chance rather than through one's own actions.

VERB
informal

chance to find or acquire.

The highlighted statements contradict one another. It would be fair to say that an experienced Jason could be 99% successful against an inexperienced driver.

23 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Sounds like a random bug could explain that. Either that or bad luck.

22 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Even the best drivers can become over confident, or not notice subtle changes in topography that will hang a car up.

Overconfidence has cost many people a victory.

It's too bad about the no new content situation. It would be nice to see some other vehicles.

3 hours ago, ExpertDual said:

Not true, if Jason is behind/inside a building and shifts or morphs into shift he won't appear on the minimap. The only time I miss the car as Jason is If my sense was off when I tried to stop it.

There are many very good drivers out there... but how long can they avoid the death curse that hangs over Crystal Lake?

I am pretty damned good at driving the car in this game... and I utilize the fact that we can see Jason on the mini map. I still get surprised by a Jason player now and again that appears out of nowhere and did not show up on the mini map... I have also screwed up and not stopped in time to get into reverse before the car got crunched... among other common 'mistakes'. But for the most part, I do escape in the car... after picking up enough people to fill the car I am driving. I can't leave people behind... unless they are assholes... then I have no problem leaving them behind.

@SirMang I have been keeping an eye on this from the driver's perspective... it is hard to keep an eye on it from Jason's perspective. So far I have found that Jason does not appear on the mini map until you see him, or someone marks him with a flare. Once he is on the mini map for the driver though, it seems that he does stay there. I am still working on figuring out how this works exactly... but I have made little progress so far. It is not every match I end up driving.
    This is only a touch over powered though I think... but it is kind of situational. Nerves of steel becomes a requirement to utilize this to continue to drive by Jason for any real length of time and not lose your mini map. I agree that stalk should take him off the mini map for everyone until they can see him again (or some one marks him with a flare again) at least. I do not think it should be changed other than that one point though. He needs a chance to catch them, and he still can... but when you have a skilled driver it is damned hard to stop them in many situations.
    Either way... we all miss a few cars now and again... Sometimes even a new player that does not realize that red mark on the mini map is Jason can still get lucky.

Even at level 150 I’m still pretty bad at stopping the car even with lower level players. Just never have gotten the rhythm down, which is why it is important for me to make sure the cars never start rolling, period. If they don’t escape it is usually their fault by crashing into things. I think that a lot of times you don’t even need to physically stop the car because the static that appears on the screen when you use an ability will blind them for a second and cause a crash. But if you want to talk about luck, try taking out the power box to Tommy’s radio within the first fifteen seconds of play. Best case scenario is often 50/50 that you guess the right one. 

@Ahab  I don't even know what the game considers Line of Sight though.  Based on my tests with a friend, there was no way I was in LoS and he still knew where I was and when I got there.  Unless he saw me before I even morphed to the road to begin with, which I guess is a possibility because he could have drove close enough to me initially.  I'd have to re-do the test with my friend on Crystal Lake regular and just go out to the boat exit to ensure there's no way possible he could see me prior to getting to the middle of Flat Rock.  I use this example because I know Jason cannot sense someone out by the exit buoys from land on Crystal Lake regular so there's no way a counselor will see him out there to have him show on the mini-map. 

I do agree it's only slightly overpowered as not everyone is that good of a driver.  And not everyone realizes that you will always see Jason on your mini-map once he's anywhere near the car to begin with or he morphs to whatever the game considers LoS regardless of if he's in stalk or not. 

If you are a good enough driver to run loops on Higgins, do e-brake 180s right in front of him, use the car to body block his shifts then by all means, you should be doing it.  You annoy Jason because he is powerless to stop any of it, regardless of his skill level, and you give as much time as Jason wants to commit to you for others to have free reign to escape or survive.   My friend who I did the initial tests with I've been in the car with him for easily 15 minutes wasting Jason's time and allowing others to do whatever they want. 

It is hard as Jason to stop the car to begin with sometimes, no doubt.  Even if the driver doesn't pay attention to his mini-map and just drives a straight line down roads to an exit.  Some of the morph points on each map are god awful horrible and put you in a spot where you have no chance.  Some Jason's have shifts that are absolute garbage - looking at you Pt. 2.  And Jason seems to love getting hung up on any little thing in the environment during shift. 

FYI - Don't ever just stop the car if you see Jason in front of you, just do an e-brake 180. 

The car is fine. But what does need to be changed is the fact that even the lightest tap from the car can kill someone. I'm sick of losing 1000 xp because some idiot runs in front of the car just as it's about to drive off, getting themselves gently nudged to death. Lose some health? Fine. But an immediate kill from a light tap is ridiculous. Makes sense if I'm going full speed, but not when the damn thing is hardly moving.