Sign in to follow this  
ResolutionBlaze

Video Effect VS Blink

I enjoy the video effect idea that was put into place in the game, but understandably that can seem immusion breaking to some. Others it fits right in.

Laphin suggested a while ago for the counselor to "blink" when Jason uses Morph or Shift near them. I think that idea is neato. I am personally torn.

Here is the poll: http://www.strawpoll.me/11902757

Eh. Having a screen effect to emulate blinking sounds about as annoying as the VHS effect quite honestly. The thing with the video effect too is it hides the sound so you don't immediately know where he teleported. 

I like the VHS-style effect the devs are using. "Blinking" doesn't really make sense considering the game is played mostly from a third-person perspective. The camera can't blink.

• Like 3

I have to experience it to really form an opinion. I was a little hasty in the other thread, perhaps. I dont think I like it and I can see it getting really annoying, but at the same time, the screen just going completely black is also going to get annoying.

I have to experience it to really form an opinion. I was a little hasty in the other thread, perhaps. I dont think I like it and I can see it getting really annoying, but at the same time, the screen just going completely black is also going to get annoying.

I like the video effect because it seems to give a little bit of confusion for a moment which can add to panic.

I like it! A really creative way of solving the teleporting issue. The smoke effect seen months ago broke the immersion for me, but the VHS-effect is a really nice touch (and in a way a tribute to the era the franchise origins from).

The thought of all the kids that aren't gonna know what the hell that skipping on the screen is gives me a raging clue!

The vhs tracking effect is boss. You know Jason has just done something and it disorients you.it pays homage to the 80s. Its better than the nightcrawler bamf smoke he had before. IF i could change it anyway I want I would make Jason only be able to appear from behind trees and buildings. Or from out of complete darkness or shadows only. But I think elsewise the effect is fine.

All these peoples who keep saying that the VHS effect break immersion will need to understand this...

1- Would you guys REALLY prefer if Jason suddenly appeared out of thin air in front of you like he's some ghost or something...nah not a good idea,so the devs had to come up with something to hide that.

2-The VHS effect is actually quite fitting since it give a very retro 80's VHS tape feeling,let me remind you that WE the players are not seeing from the point of view of a counsellor but more like a camera behind the character,so it's exactly as if we were watching an old F13 movie,this screen effect might be the best idea the devs came up with.

And finally...3-I dare you guys to come up with something that is better and not similar...like what...having the screen turn black,it's still the same thing since you still lose your vision for a brief moment.

Until someone can come up with something better,we will have to go with this weither one like it or not.

Deal with it.

• Like 1

i find vhs effect annoying but its not to say it cant be tweaked to be less annoying. here is a video with vhf effects and i think number 8 would be a better choice..

• Like 1

I don't have a problem with it myself. Adds to the tension and the music playing at the same time as the skip. I was getting nervous every time it happened even after watching it several times. Hahahaha

I don't have a problem with it myself. Adds to the tension and the music playing at the same time as the skip. I was getting nervous every time it happened even after watching it several times. Hahahaha

THIS. 

Agreed 100%. When it happens,you know it's about to go down.

• Like 1