Juez

Do you think this should change for the final version?

Do you think this should change for the final version? pool inside...  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this should change for the final version?

• these three characteristics be annulled/removed ?
    • they be optional when looking for game?
    • they always be active?

i  made this post for try help  the devs to know what want the players.

I think the game looks awesome but I have seen some things that I do not like. I write this in other post but i think this things are important for the immersion in the game.

I whinkt these must be remove from the game:

1- The name over the survivor heads.  

2-The survivor marks on the map like a GPS.

3-The locked doors icons.   

I think if u need know if a door is locked or unlucked u must try to open. And the marks on the map and the floating names must be remove for pure immersion. If u need find a survivor use your eyes and ears.

Pd: Sorry for my english.  If it is not well understood by my bad English maybe someone who knows what I mean could help create this survey in a better way.

names should stay, no question about it honestly.

if someone is not playing to play but to be a fucking troll you should know who it is and if you go looking for a friend you might need to know if its her or not right away. besides its a kind of silly thing to complain about that is in every game.

as for the map i cant say, there's points for and against and im stuck in the middle of it all

it gives counselors one of the few advantages they have against jason so i think i rather keep the map spots.

one thing would be if everyone start with a walky and if you throw it you disappear from the map.

And of course the locked icon needs to go, it is more fun to try the door than to know if its open or not

P.S.

no problem, the internet is for the world not just english

• Like 1

Names are okay. 

Survivor locations on the hud could probably change, I was thinking more like radar blips so you know where they are but not completely. 

The locked door icons are kind of iffy, it's more than likely for balance but I think you should be closer to the door for it to appear. 

names should stay, no question about it honestly.

if someone is not playing to play but to be a fucking troll you should know who it is and if you go looking for a friend you might need to know if its her or not right away. besides its a kind of silly thing to complain about that is in every game.

as for the map i cant say, there's points for and against and im stuck in the middle of it all

it gives counselors one of the few advantages they have against jason so i think i rather keep the map spots.

one thing would be if everyone start with a walky and if you throw it you disappear from the map.

And of course the locked icon needs to go, it is more fun to try the door than to know if its open or not

P.S.

no problem, the internet is for the world not just english

mmm i think the floating names  is better  when we are in sight of each other and not hidden behind obstacles  like walls. Because if other player want trolling  that troll could attract Jason where he sees a floating name behind a wall.

pd: i dont know if my text is understandable   XD sorry

The locked door icon needs to go, it kills the immersion. And think of what if youre being chased by jason and you run up to the cabin and its locked, itd be just like the movies!

• Like 1

How about we all play the game before deciding what needs to be changed?

These options break the immersion. No need to play to know this. In all games I remove all possible help from HUD and if the game does not give me the option to use mods that disable the help.

I want the maximum immersion for my games on Friday 13 as in any other game and the floating markers, the magic gps in a minimap or knowing which door is blocked or not before touching it does not help in the gaming experience.

For me the option that most needs to be removed is to indicate which doors are locked without even having tried to open them.

Names should stay.

The door icons should probably be removed, but we all need to play first before we make any drastic changes.

Its Beta and they want people to enjoy and get to know the game first, then worry later.

These options break the immersion. No need to play to know this. In all games I remove all possible help from HUD and if the game does not give me the option to use mods that disable the help.

I want the maximum immersion for my games on Friday 13 as in any other game and the floating markers, the magic gps in a minimap or knowing which door is blocked or not before touching it does not help in the gaming experience.

For me the option that most needs to be removed is to indicate which doors are locked without even having tried to open them.

The key words in all of that is "I remove all possible help", as in you change the standard settings. Nothing has been said that what you're wanting isn't an option that you can toggle. Perhaps if you wait for a bit, you'll find the option is there to remove those sorts of things just like in other games you've played, rather than just saying they need to be removed for everyone because you're not a fan. Not everyone is going to play this looking for some movie-like experience. Some are going to want the hud and in-game help icons to know what to do or where they've been.

I don't really have an opinion as I haven't tried the beta yet. However, I have played quite a lot of other online co-op/versus games and most, if not all, let you see where your team mates are at on the map. Probably it is a necessity in order to be able to coordinate in the game. Just look at games such as CSGO, Division, DOTA2 and the rest. Surely they display team mates for a good reason, and these games have been around for a long time. In fact the game would be rather frustrating without that info.

How about we all play the game before deciding what needs to be changed?

Thank the universe!  Somebody else that said what I've been thinking since the release of the IGN video.  I loved what I've seen so far and I dont want anything changed!  :)

These options break the immersion.

For you maybe.

Thank the universe!  Somebody else that said what I've been thinking since the release of the IGN video.  I loved what I've seen so far and I dont want anything changed!   :)

For you maybe.

Maybe ? XD.   U go to the street and u see the name of the people on the air ??.   Pls let me your drugs name  i want too    :D

I don't really have an opinion as I haven't tried the beta yet. However, I have played quite a lot of other online co-op/versus games and most, if not all, let you see where your team mates are at on the map. Probably it is a necessity in order to be able to coordinate in the game. Just look at games such as CSGO, Division, DOTA2 and the rest. Surely they display team mates for a good reason, and these games have been around for a long time. In fact the game would be rather frustrating without that info.

If u look arma games, fayz, DbD and other many games u dont see the names.  And this is for get immersion and u need comunicated all time with your party for can coordinated.  

Only the casual gamers or people without experience in games need see all in screen.

May be the game can put a hardcore option for proplayers and casual mode for others.

Edit: For example when u play DayZ u can search servers in realism mode or normal mode.  Normal use third person view and realism servers only use First person view.

Hmm I don't Mitch like the names either but maybe they should fade in as you get closer to the person. As for the rest, you're right, it should be taken out of the game, the map marks and all that, the map should just be that, a map with the first, lake, cabins and cemetery, the rest you should have to look for otherwise it's much to eat. One thing I like about Dead by Daylight is that there is no map.

• Like 1

^ Agreed. None of us have played yet, so I guess I could be wrong, but I think I'd enjoy it more w/o the player indicators and lock icons. I just think it'd be a lot more exciting to find a counselor through chance than from having known where to go. I know I'd feel an obligation to help out the first dude I found alive  :D. The lock icons could get annoying if we try and enter a locked door during a chase, but I guess that'd be part of the fun. Maybe you should see indicators as to where people with walky talkies are if you have one also? Then they could be useful even to the dudes w/o mics.

• Like 2

Names should stay but fade away,

Icons on map of people should go,

Locked icon should go. Stop this hand holding shit.

• Like 2

I dont mind about the names above the head tough you can already see who is playing wich character by going to the death ratio menu,only if there's more than one player who are playing the same character will get confusing.

For the markers on the map,mmm im not sure,but i do think making it optional might make everyone happy.

As for the lock symbol on the doors...yeahhh i also think they have to go,here's why...

Let's say a player is chased by Jason,they see a cabin in front of them,they go toward the door and see the symbol that it's locked,of course they will go around and check for another entrance instead.

But let say the same situation happen but without the symbol...the player will have to go and try to open the door,once they find out it's locked they will become even more tense since Jason is getting closer and closer,so they wasted a fews precious seconds wich give more chances for Jason to catch them.

I dont mind about the names above the head tough you can already see who is playing wich character by going to the death ratio menu,only if there's more than one player who are playing the same character will get confusing.

For the markers on the map,mmm im not sure,but i do think making it optional might make everyone happy.

As for the lock symbol on the doors...yeahhh i also think they have to go,here's why...

Let's say a player is chased by Jason,they see a cabin in front of them,they go toward the door and see the symbol that it's locked,of course they will go around and check for another entrance instead.

But let say the same situation happen but without the symbol...the player will have to go and try to open the door,once they find out it's locked they will become even more tense since Jason is getting closer and closer,so they wasted a fews precious seconds wich give more chances for Jason to catch them.

I agree with the door lock symbol we shouldnt know a door is locked or not till we try to open it

Maybe ? XD.   U go to the street and u see the name of the people on the air ??.   Pls let me your drugs name  i want too    :D

Seriously you don't????  :o

• Like 1