Ripoli

Beta limited to 3 days?

Hey 

I mean to read that the Beta will durate until release. Will that change?

What does Familie and Friends Beta mean?

4 total days for closed, 2 total days for F&F. 

Friends and Family is for our friends and family, as well as those that backed at the appropriate reward tier on Kickstarter. 

Okay Thanks, but until  release Early 2017 (most April-May) its a long time, why is the clothed Beta limited?

Okay Thanks, but until  release Early 2017 (most April-May) its a long time, why is the clothed Beta limited?

Betas aren't demos. Most don't last more than a week max. This is to help the devs gather balancing info and stress test servers, not to keep us busy till the game launches. 

• Like 3

Awe, don't feel so bad.  At least your not the guy who was going to buy a new computer just so he/she could play the beta!  :D

As Ralph stated above, Beta's don't last very long.  On consoles they're held on a Friday and end early Monday morning.  Companies hold them to do stress test, balancing or just drum up pre-orders. 

I see I should get one as I was an early backer and the others later so when and how will the key arrive ? And I need to create a steam account to join both Beta's correct ?

I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed about a 3 day beta. 3 days to play and then another 2 to 3 month wait for the full game is going to be pure hell.

Awe, don't feel so bad. At least your not the guy who was going to buy a new computer just so he/she could play the beta! :D

As Ralph stated above, Beta's don't last very long. On consoles they're held on a Friday and end early Monday morning. Companies hold them to do stress test, balancing or just drum up pre-orders.

I'm that guy lol only I get my computer after beta haha oh well

I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed about a 3 day beta. 3 days to play and then another 2 to 3 month wait for the full game is going to be pure hell.

Yeah.  You think it sucks....but what if your a console only type of guy and you can't even play in the beta.  Be thankful for what you can get bud!  :)

I'm that guy lol only I get my computer after beta haha oh well

Oh wow.  I'm sorry PowellCampsNAKED, I thought it was a noob...damn.  Well at least your getting the computer for more then just the beta!  :)

• Like 1

I know you guys said the beta wouldn't last "weeks on weeks" but 3 days?  I haven't criticized anything you guys have done yet at all I LOVE your work. But can't the beta's last at least a week each? One week will get you more testing time and more players because many players may not even be available to play during those 3 days because of real life issues or work within that tiny time span.

So yeah could you guys please at least make it  5 days or a week or something?

Yeah.  You think it sucks....but what if your a console only type of guy and you can't even play in the beta.  Be thankful for what you can get bud!   :)

Oh wow.  I'm sorry PowellCampsNAKED, I thought it was a noob...damn.  Well at least your getting the computer for more then just the beta!   :)

Agreed! At least PC gamers get to play the game. Console gamers like us get nothing...

• Like 1

I know you guys said the beta wouldn't last "weeks on weeks" but 3 days?  I haven't criticized anything you guys have done yet at all I LOVE your work. But can't the beta's last at least a week each? One week will get you more testing time and more players because many players may not even be available to play during those 3 days because of real life issues or work within that tiny time span.

So yeah could you guys please at least make it  5 days or a week or something?

It's not the answer you're looking for I know, but Kickstarter backers do technically get 5 days with the beta with the "family and friends" and closed beta combined. I get the concerns about time and I truly sympathize, but that's how betas have worked for a long time, and I somewhat doubt that Gun will break the mold. With any hope there will be another beta down the line or the game is closer to release than most of us are anticipating. I don't want to breed false hope but I've participated in several betas for games that release a month or two after the beta, hell Rainbow Six: Siege released their beta a couple of days before the game released. All I'm saying is that the simple fact that the beta is ready is a good indication that we're getting closer to the full release, so there's no sense in bemoaning the beta, as short as it may seem.

• Like 1

It's not the answer you're looking for I know, but Kickstarter backers do technically get 5 days with the beta with the "family and friends" and closed beta combined. I get the concerns about time and I truly sympathize, but that's how betas have worked for a long time, and I somewhat doubt that Gun will break the mold. With any hope there will be another beta down the line or the game is closer to release than most of us are anticipating. I don't want to breed false hope but I've participated in several betas for games that release a month or two after the beta, hell Rainbow Six: Siege released their beta a couple of days before the game released. All I'm saying is that the simple fact that the beta is ready is a good indication that we're getting closer to the full release, so there's no sense in bemoaning the beta, as short as it may seem.

It pains me deeply but yeah I understand what you mean...

Can we rename this thread, "Just the Tip?"

Lol Right? That's almost how it feels. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for the little time I will get with it. It just feels like more teasing if we still have months until release. I will do my best to play as much as I can and give some feedback. It just feels like getting head and right when you get close to busting, the chick gets up and just walks out and says I'll finish in 3 months. Sure you got head, but now you're left sitting there with your dick in your hand.

Let me be extra clear here I don't think it's a detriment to the game and I think the team is doing an awesome job. I guess you can call it selfishness, but those are some shitty days for the beta too. Middle of the week? I don't know if my friends will even be able to play, with work and real life. It just kinda sucks. As I said I'll just have to make time. Tell the wife if she or the kids come near me in those 3 days, I'm throwing them through some windows. I don't know. :(

• Like 1

Lol Right? That's almost how it feels. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for the little time I will get with it. It just feels like more teasing if we still have months until release. I will do my best to play as much as I can and give some feedback. It just feels like getting head and right when you get close to busting, the chick gets up and just walks out and says I'll finish in 3 months. Sure you got head, but now you're left sitting there with your dick in your hand.

Let me be extra clear here I don't think it's a detriment to the game and I think the team is doing an awesome job. I guess you can call it selfishness, but those are some shitty days for the beta too. Middle of the week? I don't know if my friends will even be able to play, with work and real life. It just kinda sucks. As I said I'll just have to make time. Tell the wife if she or the kids come near me in those 3 days, I'm throwing them through some windows. I don't know. :(

Exactly I wasent trying to be selfish really by complaining about the 3 days im looking at it from a design standpoint as well. Gun Media is wanting the beta for our feedback and for us to help with bugs we spot and problems we run into. But theres a huge issue with that with the 3 day beta and the date for it. Almost none of the backers will be available for the beta therefore losing the company viewer feedback and will have less players looking out for problems. So we won't be able to spot as many problems and give as much feedback due to less players and such a small amount of time is what im trying to get at.

Ya think maybe you're being hyperbolic?

Even so you can't deny that 3 days in the middle of a work/school week won't limit the player base. All im saying is the beta starts on a Tuesday and ends on Friday why not just budge another inch and make it last until Sunday? That way people have the weekend and that will boost the player base without a doubt and help the devs find more problems/bugs with the game.

4 total days for closed, 2 total days for F&F. 

Friends and Family is for our friends and family, as well as those that backed at the appropriate reward tier on Kickstarter

So is this anyone who got the "Exclusive Beta Access" in their tier?

So is this anyone who got the "Exclusive Beta Access" in their tier?

Yep any tier that includes beta counts as the friends and family one

Seems a bit short ive been in loads of betas and some people dony have enough time to download it. its  apity bots arent in it people then could play it on there own longer. also when are the beta keys being emailed out ?

I understand some are less than thrilled. I get it, I really do. You're excited to play and you want as much time as possible to play it. I've been on the other side of it. But it comes down to two things. 

#1. We will get a great stress test from the 5 day period and that is the point for us. Stress testing and getting feedback from you guys. We really do want you to talk to us about your experience. 

#2. Costs. We're running dedicated servers. They ain't cheap. How much you ask? $7500/day. Yep. Every 24hrs, that's what we're paying for the beta. 

We're not trying to tease you guys. Or be assholes about it. Not at all. But as it was pointed out earlier, this isn't a demo. It's a real, legit beta. Not a marketing tool. :)

-W

• Like 7

I understand some are less than thrilled. I get it, I really do. You're excited to play and you want as much time as possible to play it. I've been on the other side of it. But it comes down to two things. 

#1. We will get a great stress test from the 5 day period and that is the point for us. Stress testing and getting feedback from you guys. We really do want you to talk to us about your experience. 

#2. Costs. We're running dedicated servers. They ain't cheap. How much you ask? $7500/day. Yep. Every 24hrs, that's what we're paying for the beta. 

We're not trying to tease you guys. Or be assholes about it. Not at all. But as it was pointed out earlier, this isn't a demo. It's a real, legit beta. Not a marketing tool. :)

-W

$7500!?!?!  *Faints*  I totally understand now but just curious if you can answer me but how do you guys pay for that each day once the game comes out? o.o

Costs. We're running dedicated servers. They ain't cheap. How much you ask? $7500/day. Yep. Every 24hrs, that's what we're paying for the beta. 

-W

Fucking hell thats expensive

Something as big budget as Overwatch had, what was it, about 7 days for their Beta? 5 days isn't so bad, accepting it's 3 for post-KS backers.

It's a reasonable taste for a genuine Beta, not a demo, that will shape the game further. Without even going into the server costs, which is the real bottom line here. If a prolonged Beta meant less content, I know that's a hell of an easy choice to me.

I think I barely have to say this, but I strongly urge everyone to play the Beta as much as you can and get others involved! This is going to be hugely valuable for the game across the board, absolute gold dust.

• Like 1