On 10/24/2018 at 5:20 PM, Ahab said:

Black Tower is fairly new and the next patch will be their first... give them a bit of time to get used to the coding in the game.

Actually, Black Tower is not "fairly new" and they're already well-versed in the game's code, as per ShiftySamurai:

"Black Tower Studios have worked with IllFonic for over a year on content and maps for Friday the 13th: The Game , and we are confident in their ability to continue supporting the game. Examples include assisting in the creation of Pinehurst and Jarvis House maps."

On 10/25/2018 at 5:32 PM, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Nude Counselors DLC but they all look like Lachappa body type. ?

Ha! I can see it now! Nothing but naked counselors skinny dippin, and the water perks being the new meta! I welcome change, but this probably won't ever happen

2 hours ago, Dolemite said:

Actually, Black Tower is not "fairly new" and they're already well-versed in the game's code, as per ShiftySamurai:

"Black Tower Studios have worked with IllFonic for over a year on content and maps for Friday the 13th: The Game , and we are confident in their ability to continue supporting the game. Examples include assisting in the creation of Pinehurst and Jarvis House maps."

I remember the statement, but it does not give us much in the way of detail... Helping with some content and maps does not necessarily give them intimate knowledge of the base coding of the game. Hence, they are fairly new to the coding of the game... when compared to anyone else if they had never worked on it before (other than Illfonic). Or you could be right and they know it far better than I think, but I am being conservative here... the history of game patches has not been... well, you know. I just hope they do a good job.
    I  would imagine they will still need some time with it... but we could still get a surprise of a patch in the near future that actually works... you never know. I just don't want to hold my breath... it will come when it comes.

4 hours ago, OGroach85 said:

Ha! I can see it now! Nothing but naked counselors skinny dippin, and the water perks being the new meta! I welcome change, but this probably won't ever happen

Let us all dream and have mods!

9 hours ago, OGroach85 said:

Lol, @Ahab‘s challenge was in Wes’s thread about perks, you should have suggested this there. Aquanaut equals topless, quiet swimmer takes care of the bottoms. It would certainly mess up the meta, and make my suggestions seem tame by comparison. 

All joking aside, costume changes might not be a bad idea. We don’t know what they’ve left in the code, so it might be possible to link say the under ware costumes to perks. It might be interesting, I’m not saying they should but it would be an interesting way to get people to move off the meta.

9 hours ago, Ahab said:

I am being conservative here... the history of game patches has not been... well, you know.

I was going to call you a Negative Nancy, but then you said this...and I how could any sane person disagree with your above statement, based on said patch history?

9 hours ago, Ahab said:

I just hope they do a good job.

You and me both, brother.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Lol, @Ahab‘s challenge was in Wes’s thread about perks, you should have suggested this there. Aquanaut equals topless, quiet swimmer takes care of the bottoms. It would certainly mess up the meta, and make my suggestions seem tame by comparison. 

All joking aside, costume changes might not be a bad idea. We don’t know what they’ve left in the code, so it might be possible to link say the under ware costumes to perks. It might be interesting, I’m not saying they should but it would be an interesting way to get people to move off the meta.

Ha! That probably would get people using those perks... perhaps even foregoing the meta perks. What is Friday the 13th without boobs? I have watched censored versions of these movies on TV in the past and noticed that the nude scenes were edited out, yet the gore was left in... Boobs bad... Dismemberment good... Not sure about the logic behind that one.

Costume changes could be a good idea... but if it was changing to something they already had, its not much of a bonus when they can just change clothes in another menu. At least one thing from the pajama pack was in single player challenges... when you spear Adam and Tiffany through the tent, she was wearing something from the pics that were "leaked" before the challenges were put in the game, so who knows what else is in there.

@Dolemite I try to be a realist... which often does get me called a negative person... but not necessarily Nancy. 

On 10/30/2018 at 12:25 PM, Ahab said:

Costume changes could be a good idea... but if it was changing to something they already had, its not much of a bonus when they can just change clothes in another menu. At least one thing from the pajama pack was in single player challenges... when you spear Adam and Tiffany through the tent, she was wearing something from the pics that were "leaked" before the challenges were put in the game, so who knows what else is in there.

I was thinking new unreleased costume pieces tied to specific perks, it would kinda of imply that certain perks are meant to be on certain Counselors but seriously it’s a better joke idea than a serious one. There’s to many ways people could bitch about what they roll or what they unlock. 

As for what else is in there, that I would love to know. It would make thinking up ideas a lot easier if I could see everything I have to work with. That might be something Wes could ask us about later, hoping he gets back to us in the thread, I’d like to know if we missed the point at least.

@Slasher_Clone Even as a joke idea... it was still good. But we know that will never happen... and we do not always have to be serious. I got a good laugh out of it.

Knowing what else is in there would make coming up with ideas easier for all. They won't tell us (understandably), but perhaps it is enough for them to come up with a great idea after reading someone's good idea. Even bad ideas can lead others to come up with much better ideas, but knowing what there is to work with sure does help.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ahab said:

What is Friday the 13th without boobs?

Just another plain slasher film.

• Thanks 1

On 10/28/2018 at 1:50 PM, tyrant666 said:

The next update will have the following thanks to Miller and Horror Inc. settling!

- New Perk system

- Uber Jason

- Bug Fixes and balance changes

- Grendel Xmas 2019

- NES Jason over Summer 2019

- Dr. Crews, Reggie the Reckless and Tina Shepherd (new hero) coming October 2019

Dead by Daylight charges for much of its DLC, why not look at FT13th as a chance to make more money? Who wouldn't pay $7 bucks for Uber Jason? $5 bucks for Ghost Jason? A few bucks for other misc DLCs? 

If you haven't played in awhile, you should. The dedicated servers work pretty well (for the most part) - I've been playing for over a year, and I'm still not sick of the game yet, but certainly more DLC would be awesome.

On 10/28/2018 at 2:02 PM, thrawn3054 said:

I agree with @Ahab. We don't want a rushed mess. Though an idea of what is being worked on would be nice.

Don't say that. People will think you're serious. 

It pays to read the whole thread. If I hadn't caught your comment, I might have almost believed it. Of course, I would have verified it elsewhere.

2 hours ago, Zzombiekiller said:

Dead by Daylight charges for much of its DLC, why not look at FT13th as a chance to make more money? Who wouldn't pay $7 bucks for Uber Jason? $5 bucks for Ghost Jason? A few bucks for other misc DLCs? 

If you haven't played in awhile, you should. The dedicated servers work pretty well (for the most part) - I've been playing for over a year, and I'm still not sick of the game yet, but certainly more DLC would be awesome.

The last I was told, Gun never planned to charge for maps or Jasons. It's a pointless discussion, as they currently are not releasing new content.

Here's a link to get you up to speed:

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/21449-faq-content-legal-status-and-the-future-of-the-game/

Welcome to the forums by the way.

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

It pays to read the whole thread. If I hadn't caught your comment, I might have almost believed it. Of course, I would have verified it elsewhere.

The last I was told, Gun never planned to charge for maps or Jasons. It's a pointless discussion, as they currently are not releasing new content.

Here's a link to get you up to speed:

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/21449-faq-content-legal-status-and-the-future-of-the-game/

Welcome to the forums by the way.

I hear you, my only thought is if Miller and Horror can come to an agreement, then maybe the thought of Gun media being able to make a few bucks might get them to work on and release new content. From a business perspective, there's got to be a reason to jump back into the game ... From their perspective, it doesn't make sense to pay employees and work on it "out of the goodness of their heart" - however, if we as a community agreed to throw some money at certain DLCs, it might convince them to go for it (again, providing there is a legal resolution in the near future). 

I realize it likely won't happen, but a boy can dream, right? :)

36 minutes ago, Zzombiekiller said:

I hear you, my only thought is if Miller and Horror can come to an agreement, then maybe the thought of Gun media being able to make a few bucks might get them to work on and release new content. From a business perspective, there's got to be a reason to jump back into the game ... From their perspective, it doesn't make sense to pay employees and work on it "out of the goodness of their heart" - however, if we as a community agreed to throw some money at certain DLCs, it might convince them to go for it (again, providing there is a legal resolution in the near future). 

I realize it likely won't happen, but a boy can dream, right? :)

The major variable in the equation is if Miller and Horror Inc. can come to an agreement. If this could happen, one of the following outcomes could come to fruition:

1. Gun may or may not decide to revisit this game and release new content. The longer time goes by, the less likely this would happen.

2. Gun may or may not consider making a sequel to this game. Starting fresh would be a very good course of action.

3. Someone else may get the F13 licensing rights and take a crack at a game like this. There's no harm in seeing what others could create.

You are free to dream, as dreams can become reality. If they do, I would gladly be as happy as many others.

4 hours ago, Fair Play said:

The major variable in the equation is if Miller and Horror Inc. can come to an agreement. If this could happen, one of the following outcomes could come to fruition:

1. Gun may or may not decide to revisit this game and release new content. The longer time goes by, the less likely this would happen.

2. Gun may or may not consider making a sequel to this game. Starting fresh would be a very good course of action.

3. Someone else may get the F13 licensing rights and take a crack at a game like this. There's no harm in seeing what others could create.

You are free to dream, as dreams can become reality. If they do, I would gladly be as happy as many others.

I wouldn't be sad if they made Summer Camp Slasher, created a number of generic killers and counselors and did it right from the get-go, with dedicated servers and minimal bugs. Heck, it might even be cooler.

Like you said, time is a factor with FT13th game, too much time passes and it wouldn't make sense. If a deal works out and they plan on making a movie, tieing in the game with the movie would be smart for them and cool for us ... But again, it's a long shot, but it's fun to think about.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2018 at 4:09 PM, MisterLunacy said:

Is been a long time since the last update and bug fix, i really want to see Black Tower working on a new update, and most important, balance, devs pls, the game needs a lot of bug fixes and balance

I took almost a week off from the game, coming back it’s funy how you realize how crappy this game can run at times, was Jason got stuck in the water for 2 minutes, couldn’t move or use any powers, just as I was going to leave, I got put back on land, by this time cops were called, still got 7/8 but it was a challenge, if we weren’t in pinehurst most would have escaped.

Balance is still really bad, mainly Jason’s grab it’s pathetic it it has plenty of length but it needs to be wider , he is stunned to easily, but an  improved grab would help balance things out IMO.  Bugs are always going to be here, if the game was maintained on a regular basis(it’s clearly not) the performance  and  stability always seem to get worse the longer we wait.

The game gets very inconsistent due to memory leak from lack of maintenance.

16 hours ago, Zzombiekiller said:

I wouldn't be sad if they made Summer Camp Slasher, created a number of generic killers and counselors and did it right from the get-go, with dedicated servers and minimal bugs. Heck, it might even be cooler.

Like you said, time is a factor with FT13th game, too much time passes and it wouldn't make sense. If a deal works out and they plan on making a movie, tieing in the game with the movie would be smart for them and cool for us ... But again, it's a long shot, but it's fun to think about.

Making a game not called Friday the 13th, but similar to it, would be a good way around the lawsuit. In order for the game to be "cooler", there would have to be a lot of unique dynamics that would make it just as worthwhile as a licensed title. Think of it like buying a brand name grocery item versus a generic brand. They may look the same, and taste the same, but there will always be people who will only buy brand name stuff. I'm the type of gamer that picks his titles based on presentation. If it looks good, works good, and plays good, I'll try it.

Given the appeal situation, time is always gonna work against this game. That's why I feel that if a deal is made, I'd rather just see a new attempt at a game like this, rather than trying to pick up where one left off. The distant future is open to all sorts of potential F13 projects, once a deal is made.