Ahab

Anyone else notice a large increase of very low level Savini Jason users on PC?

Here's my opinion i feel that if you ban some you gotta ban all so they need to ban those who downloaded the free Savini off the PS4 store and X-box store when it was up by accident even though u may say no cuz it was downloaded legit just that the company made the mistake so you can't ban those who downloaded it legit yet why not to be realistic about it it wasn't legit even the dev's have said that wasn't supposed to happen. so i say guilty to those who downloaded it then how's it fair they get away with having Savini non legit. Also the link that shows when it was on sale on the PS4 store those who bought it should be banned as well again the dev's said that wasn't legit and they had it stopped. The sellers on E-bay where is the news that they were caught and charged with selling copyright material that they didn't own or have permission to sell? Where is the bans for all those who bought codes from E-bay or those who got Savini access because of an E-bay purchase? You want permanent bans for those who use Savini non legit i don't agree with permanent bans for most reasons including this i feel people don't always make the best of decisions and i believe in second chances i feel a soft ban for like a few weeks or a month to give the offender time to think things over and come back a better player later who now values the rules even more would be more a benefit to not only them but to all of the community we want to keep players to keep the game alive the game is low on players now. Lastly what about all us who bought the game as well as the dlc just to have the game be free on i believe X-box maybe even PS4 hows that fair to all us who paid for the game? Why didn't the pc players get the option to download the game free for a month? 

I paid full retail price for the game $40.00 yet it's free for a whole month to whoever downloads it on console not fair in my opinion but what can i do nothing about it that's the dev's decision. There are a ton of things that isn't fair, right or just when it comes to this game with that all being said if there isn't a settlement soon there won't be any game because people. already are moving on bored with the same old bug's, same old content, same old same old nothing new to look forward to. Yes rules should be followed but let's not cherry pic here on who get's into trouble and who don't! Savini was backer only so they should punish all who have Savini non legit regardless how they got him this is the only fair way to go about it further why not have the dev's just sue Sony and X-box for releasing content that wasn't supposed to be released causing them money loss and time? Should the companies get away with giving there copyright material away for free? 

There is a very good way to know if a Savini is legit or not but I will not say it. And I only see non-legit Savini. Anyway if to banish the few remaining players is THE solution rather than patching that I have nothing more to say. Good game everyone.

• Like 1

@pilospc How about banning people that broke the rules that say if you do this... you will be banned. But proof is important, and this is easy for them to prove... they have the stats of each Jason being played on each account... they know what codes are legit as well. All they have to do is look. I am all for banning "ALL" of the people that legitimately deserve it.
    As far as people that bought Savini Jason when the playstation store mistakenly put it up for sale.... well, that was Sony's mistake, it they had been paying attention, it would not have happened. This is not the fault of those that paid for it. The decision was made to let them keep it instead of giving them a refund. Give one legitimate reason any of these people should be banned... this was not their fault and they got lucky in being able to keep it. Because you say they are guilty and should be banned seems to indicate that you have not thought this through and are trying to justify getting away with doing this yourself.

If every little crime was in the news... no one would get through the day's news over the course of one day.... ever. The decision on banning is not up to you or me either way... once again, it sounds like you are trying to justify using the DLC unlocker for yourself.
    I am talking about people using a hack... the more complicated scenarios that you are talking about (the PSN screw up... buying codes off E-bay)... once again, that decision is not up to us... is it? There were many backers that bought multiple codes to sell or give to friends.... this was a legitimate way to obtain Savini codes. 
    Have you ever heard of repeat offenders... they are far more common than people that actually "learn their lesson."

The decision to make the game "free" on any play form is not yours to make either... Nor do they have to tell us why the decision was made. Many games are free for various lengths of time on steam as well. Dead by Daylight has been free to play quite a few times over the last year... just an example... It is also a way to make money (which is what pretty much any company is actually trying to do). When sales are down, and a game is offered for free for a time... money is to be made from people that will buy the game because they discovered that they liked it... some will buy the DLCs that were not put up for free... and these new players may even show the game to others that did not know about it before, which can lead to more sales... This should not need to be explained to people... Stop and think before asking a question, you will often find the answer to be obviously simple.

I paid full price for this game as well... and for the DLCs. As far as full price for the game goes... in Canadian dollars, it is $43.99. It also costs this much to order a case of beer to be delivered to my home. 44 hours of playtime brings you to paying $1 an hour for the game. How many hours do you have in the game? Personally, I have been playing this game for far longer than it takes me to drink a case of beer.
    And why should you have any right to make decisions for the devs? Now you are just sounding like a self entitled snowflake.

In case you are not old enough to figure this out yet... Life is unfair... it is full of things that are unfair all around you, and me, and everyone else... and there is also nothing you can do about this beyond living with it and dealing with it as best you can manage.
   I am not cherry picking.... YOU ARE. Perhaps you should google the meaning of "cherry picking."

No, they should not get away with giving copyright material away for free... but no one did that. The entire point of this thread would be in reference to those who use the DLC unlocker or any other hack to take copyrighted material without paying for it... or being entitled to it in any way... or hack the game in any other way. Sony put something up for sale by mistake. While it was up, it was PAYED FOR by however many people... Should the devs come down on the people that own the network on which exactly how many people play this game?... that would seem like a rather stupid thing to do. Perhaps refunds should have been given and codes revoked... but once again... not your decision to make... Also not mine either... it is their decision to make.

@Horror13 Patching something like this out can be "hacked" again... which really does make it a waste of time to patch it out, doesn't it. As far as knowing who has a legit Savini Jason, you are right... it is easy to figure it out... without getting rude with them or throwing accusations around. It is far easier for the devs to figure it out... they have the stats and the legit codes on their end, as I have already mentioned.
    Banning all of the hackers (no matter what they did... as long as there is proper proof)… is probably a much smaller percentage of the player base than you think... and if they were all gone... more people would come back to play than the hackers we would lose... and we would have a cheat free game which is far more preferable than the alternative.

• Like 2

On 10/27/2018 at 1:18 PM, Ahab said:

@ConnectTheKings I would think there are still other backers that are even lower level than that. There is a great many reasons why they have not played enough to be at level 150. Lack of free time to play... other games to play... a whole bunch of stuff in real life that needs to be done before they can find the time... some were not happy with the state of the game and put it down to try and come back after balance or bug fixes... and so on.
    There are a lot of people who own the game after all. I am not sure how many backers there were, but there are many... Many still come into the game when they have the time... but does a backer chooses to use Savini when they do play?... a few backers have posted here that they do not use Savini Jason anymore simply because they are accused of hacking every time they use it... some like other Jasons better.

A patch by Blacktower Studios has not yet been released, hopefully when they do release their first patch, it works better than previous patches. But it may take a while for new devs who are not familiar with the coding to come out with a working patch... patience is a good thing.
     I did not know that backers could not switch the pitchfork around with other Jasons… I had not thought of that. Maybe that is coming someday... weapon swapping is not new content and could still be adjusted to include existing content such as the Savini pitch fork. If only backers could do it, this could make hackers even easier to detect when they use it... just through simple usage of something they are not supposed to have.

Savini can weapon swap. I use Savini with the pig splitter all the time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A.J. Mason said:

Savini can weapon swap. I use Savini with the pig splitter all the time. 

But can you swap Savini Jason's trident onto another Jason? That is the question... I have seen many Savini Jasons with swapped out weapons... Just never seen the trident on another Jason. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ahab said:

But can you swap Savini Jason's trident onto another Jason? That is the question... I have seen many Savini Jasons with swapped out weapons... Just never seen the trident on another Jason. 

Hello @Ahab! Savini’s trident...is not an option. From what I’ve read and or have seen...only Savini Jason has that weapon option. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Brian76 said:

Hello @Ahab! Savini’s trident...is not an option. From what I’ve read and or have seen...only Savini Jason has that weapon option. 

Hello.
   I don't have it... neither was I asking for it... just to be clear. I was merely curious because of something mentioned in a post somewhere above.

29 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Hello.
   I don't have it... neither was I asking for it... just to be clear. I was merely curious because of something mentioned in a post somewhere above.

I understand why you asked. You were very clear, with your questions. I was simply trying to answer your question...not a problem. ?

• Thanks 2

On 10/23/2018 at 3:32 PM, ShiftySamurai said:

People who hack end up banned. They might be around for a bit, but it all ends up the same. I get lists of newly banned players every day. If playing as Savini Jason a few times is worth them losing the game, that’s their decision. 

Some people just really love an exclusive character that no one else ever gotten.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ahab said:

@pilospc How about banning people that broke the rules that say if you do this... you will be banned. But proof is important, and this is easy for them to prove... they have the stats of each Jason being played on each account... they know what codes are legit as well. All they have to do is look. I am all for banning "ALL" of the people that legitimately deserve it.
    As far as people that bought Savini Jason when the playstation store mistakenly put it up for sale.... well, that was Sony's mistake, it they had been paying attention, it would not have happened. This is not the fault of those that paid for it. The decision was made to let them keep it instead of giving them a refund. Give one legitimate reason any of these people should be banned... this was not their fault and they got lucky in being able to keep it. Because you say they are guilty and should be banned seems to indicate that you have not thought this through and are trying to justify getting away with doing this yourself.

If every little crime was in the news... no one would get through the day's news over the course of one day.... ever. The decision on banning is not up to you or me either way... once again, it sounds like you are trying to justify using the DLC unlocker for yourself.
    I am talking about people using a hack... the more complicated scenarios that you are talking about (the PSN screw up... buying codes off E-bay)... once again, that decision is not up to us... is it? There were many backers that bought multiple codes to sell or give to friends.... this was a legitimate way to obtain Savini codes. 
    Have you ever heard of repeat offenders... they are far more common than people that actually "learn their lesson."

The decision to make the game "free" on any play form is not yours to make either... Nor do they have to tell us why the decision was made. Many games are free for various lengths of time on steam as well. Dead by Daylight has been free to play quite a few times over the last year... just an example... It is also a way to make money (which is what pretty much any company is actually trying to do). When sales are down, and a game is offered for free for a time... money is to be made from people that will buy the game because they discovered that they liked it... some will buy the DLCs that were not put up for free... and these new players may even show the game to others that did not know about it before, which can lead to more sales... This should not need to be explained to people... Stop and think before asking a question, you will often find the answer to be obviously simple.

I paid full price for this game as well... and for the DLCs. As far as full price for the game goes... in Canadian dollars, it is $43.99. It also costs this much to order a case of beer to be delivered to my home. 44 hours of playtime brings you to paying $1 an hour for the game. How many hours do you have in the game? Personally, I have been playing this game for far longer than it takes me to drink a case of beer.
    And why should you have any right to make decisions for the devs? Now you are just sounding like a self entitled snowflake.

In case you are not old enough to figure this out yet... Life is unfair... it is full of things that are unfair all around you, and me, and everyone else... and there is also nothing you can do about this beyond living with it and dealing with it as best you can manage.
   I am not cherry picking.... YOU ARE. Perhaps you should google the meaning of "cherry picking."

No, they should not get away with giving copyright material away for free... but no one did that. The entire point of this thread would be in reference to those who use the DLC unlocker or any other hack to take copyrighted material without paying for it... or being entitled to it in any way... or hack the game in any other way. Sony put something up for sale by mistake. While it was up, it was PAYED FOR by however many people... Should the devs come down on the people that own the network on which exactly how many people play this game?... that would seem like a rather stupid thing to do. Perhaps refunds should have been given and codes revoked... but once again... not your decision to make... Also not mine either... it is their decision to make.

@Horror13 Patching something like this out can be "hacked" again... which really does make it a waste of time to patch it out, doesn't it. As far as knowing who has a legit Savini Jason, you are right... it is easy to figure it out... without getting rude with them or throwing accusations around. It is far easier for the devs to figure it out... they have the stats and the legit codes on their end, as I have already mentioned.
    Banning all of the hackers (no matter what they did... as long as there is proper proof)… is probably a much smaller percentage of the player base than you think... and if they were all gone... more people would come back to play than the hackers we would lose... and we would have a cheat free game which is far more preferable than the alternative.

First off don't go accusing people who have a different opinion then yours as if they are doing wrong or breaking the rules themselves! Do you use this tactic to silence those who differ from you well it won't work on me because i do follow the rules always have as i would rather keep the game than lose it. Second Savini jason was put up for free on both platforms i do believe mistake or not the dev's said clearly this wasn't supposed to happen at the very least they should have given those who got it free or bought it refunds and a time period to delete the non legit Savini from their accounts as to make it fair for everyone otherwise face the same fate as any other non legit Savini user. Yea life isn't fair sure it's not but picking and choosing who get's punished and who don't is immoral and looks bad on the company in addition to that it seems to me your not looking for a peaceful solution to this your just one of those people who have to be right about everything and i find that annoying. Do you have anything better to do with your time then to go and do the dev's job for them? I simply stated my opinions from my own knowledge and observations and stated those on here as a reply to your post and you attacking my character as to accuse me of doing wrong because i don't agree with you as you seem to think everyone should isn't right and i don't respect you for this. 

I am not going to say anymore on this post as i don't want to continue to inflate your ego just know that those who don't agree with you don't make them guilty of anything your complaining about so don't accuse someone without as you say hard evidence don't be a hypocrite to your own words cuz this makes you look shady. The dev's have said that Savini is for backers only so regardless how anyone who didn't back the game aside from those who gave away codes legit should be taken care of as well that's just my opinion on the matter in addition to them not jumping to a life ban. DBD don't ban people for life on their first or even second mistakes and guess what they have hackers, they have bugs, content un lockers also yes they ban but not for life not first time offenders they give second and sometimes 3rd chances and guess what people have come back and become some of the most fun people to play with who respect the rules realized that they could have lost their game and decided to walk the line i see nothing wrong with that as DBD puts this game to shame always has as far as player base goes Friday the 13th's best day still don't come close on the charts as DBD's worst day.

I realize these are not my decisions where did i say that at anytime on any of my replies to this post? Ahh yeah i didn't that's right I want players yes fair, honest, and good people playing and i truly believe even those who brake the rules to have another chance for many reasons not just this offense as the game is on it's last leg on pc and next consoles  i don't disagree with banning people for doing wrong but for life first time for any rules so long as it's not something major should be given a soft band in my opinion my opinion that's it. Have a great day hope your day goes well no hard feeling's just didn't like you implying i break any rules just because i differ on this then you.

@pilospc
   Where exactly did I accuse you of anything?.... oh wait... allow me to quote myself "Because you say they are guilty and should be banned seems to  indicate that you have not thought this through and are trying to justify getting away with doing this yourself." and then there was... "it sounds like you are trying to justify using the DLC unlocker for yourself."... and then there was... "Now you are just sounding like an entitled snowflake."

"Seems to indicate" does not translate to "you did this." … but does mean, it "seems to indicate" this.
    "It sounds like..." does not translate to "you did this." … but it does mean, it "sounds like" it.
    And finally... the third one used the same wording as the second one....
    Seems to indicate... and sounds like... is not me implying or accusing you of anything, direct meaning of the words is me pointing out that your own words come off this way. Many people that trying to justify actions of any kind are themselves responsible for the same actions. This happens way more often than someone defending these actions who has never dreamed of doing it themselves... Hence.... "seems to indicate" and "sounds like."
    Merely calling it like I see it. You did not address a single point I made in the previous post with anything relevant... and went on about how I did something that I clearly did not. And methinks thou doth protestith too much. Don't put words in other people's mouths... particularly when their initial words are written not far above your own. I find that annoying. I can actually admit when I am wrong, and have done so many times in my life, here and elsewhere... and learned from it... by discovering I was wrong. How I was wrong, why I was wrong... and  even discovering the correct answer... This makes the correct answers very easy to remember when you do not have a huge ego.
    And whatever free time I have... I will spend however I chose... just as you will. The difference here is, I will not tell you how to spend your free time.... And you actually think I have a huge ego... wow.

The DLC unlocker is giving content that costs money to someone who did not pay for it... in case you do not understand this sentence either... this is called "theft" and they should be banned for it. If this kind of thing was actually allowed... why would anyone actually pay for ANY DLC for ANY game? In which case.... no developer anywhere would be making any DLCs... no one works for free.
    The people that "bought" Savini Jason through Sony's screwup... or anyone else's screw up for that matter... PAID for it. As I said before, the decision for them to keep it is not now, nor will it ever be... yours, or mine. Arguing this point is completely irrelevant and the two are not even worth comparing... One paid for something they got... the other did not pay for something they got. This point (the store screw up) has absolutely nothing to do with people hacking it. There is an old thread about that incident were you can comment more about it if you wish. Bringing a dead horse to the argument to beat on does not help your side of the argument... ever.

Oh... and they do have another chance if they get banned for life.... They can make another account and buy the game again, no matter how many times they were banned (Its about the cost of a case of beer... give or take a few dollars). But how many chances do you give anyone? Many of these people already have other bans on them and they are still doing it... you can see their bans on their profile. This harkens back to... repeat offender... they outnumber the offenders that learn their lesson by a wide margin... you can google these statistics if you do not believe me. Its terrible that a few bad people can have the rules altered in a way that will not be good for people doing the same thing... but are somehow not so bad themselves.
    There have even been bans lifted in the past. I am not against this either... it is the devs choice whether to give someone another chance or not. Not your choice... and not mine. I am merely all for banning hackers.

Generally, hackers cause grief in games... which gets people upset... the hackers already know this, and do it anyway. Banning them brings more peace than leaving them in the game. Tell me again who is not looking for a peaceful solution?

Also... people have been saying "this game is dead" and "its on its last legs" since I bought the game more than a year ago. I still play fairly often, and have no trouble getting into a match. This argument only makes someone appear they do not know what they are talking about... If you can play it (multi player), its not dead... when you have been seeing similar numbers for the last year, it is not necessarily on its last legs... and the numbers online have not really changed a whole lot in the last year, just some ups and downs... Let us all remember how to do math... key to the universe.

@Brian76 I appreciate the answer... apologies if my reply was taken as sarcastic... it was not meant that way. I was merely trying to keep the reply short. I noticed I forgot to thank you for the answer the first time... so... Thanks... and I put a thanks on both of your comments... just to be sure.

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Ahab said:

@pilospc
   Where exactly did I accuse you of anything?.... oh wait... allow me to quote myself "Because you say they are guilty and should be banned seems to  indicate that you have not thought this through and are trying to justify getting away with doing this yourself." and then there was... "it sounds like you are trying to justify using the DLC unlocker for yourself."... and then there was... "Now you are just sounding like an entitled snowflake."

"Seems to indicate" does not translate to "you did this." … but does mean, it "seems to indicate" this.
    "It sounds like..." does not translate to "you did this." … but it does mean, it "sounds like" it.
    And finally... the third one used the same wording as the second one....
    Seems to indicate... and sounds like... is not me implying or accusing you of anything, direct meaning of the words is me pointing out that your own words come off this way. Many people that trying to justify actions of any kind are themselves responsible for the same actions. This happens way more often than someone defending these actions who has never dreamed of doing it themselves... Hence.... "seems to indicate" and "sounds like."
    Merely calling it like I see it. You did not address a single point I made in the previous post with anything relevant... and went on about how I did something that I clearly did not. And methinks thou doth protestith too much. Don't put words in other people's mouths... particularly when their initial words are written not far above your own. I find that annoying. I can actually admit when I am wrong, and have done so many times in my life, here and elsewhere... and learned from it... by discovering I was wrong. How I was wrong, why I was wrong... and  even discovering the correct answer... This makes the correct answers very easy to remember when you do not have a huge ego.
    And whatever free time I have... I will spend however I chose... just as you will. The difference here is, I will not tell you how to spend your free time.... And you actually think I have a huge ego... wow.

The DLC unlocker is giving content that costs money to someone who did not pay for it... in case you do not understand this sentence either... this is called "theft" and they should be banned for it. If this kind of thing was actually allowed... why would anyone actually pay for ANY DLC for ANY game? In which case.... no developer anywhere would be making any DLCs... no one works for free.
    The people that "bought" Savini Jason through Sony's screwup... or anyone else's screw up for that matter... PAID for it. As I said before, the decision for them to keep it is not now, nor will it ever be... yours, or mine. Arguing this point is completely irrelevant and the two are not even worth comparing... One paid for something they got... the other did not pay for something they got. This point (the store screw up) has absolutely nothing to do with people hacking it. There is an old thread about that incident were you can comment more about it if you wish. Bringing a dead horse to the argument to beat on does not help your side of the argument... ever.

Oh... and they do have another chance if they get banned for life.... They can make another account and buy the game again, no matter how many times they were banned (Its about the cost of a case of beer... give or take a few dollars). But how many chances do you give anyone? Many of these people already have other bans on them and they are still doing it... you can see their bans on their profile. This harkens back to... repeat offender... they outnumber the offenders that learn their lesson by a wide margin... you can google these statistics if you do not believe me. Its terrible that a few bad people can have the rules altered in a way that will not be good for people doing the same thing... but are somehow not so bad themselves.
    There have even been bans lifted in the past. I am not against this either... it is the devs choice whether to give someone another chance or not. Not your choice... and not mine. I am merely all for banning hackers.

Generally, hackers cause grief in games... which gets people upset... the hackers already know this, and do it anyway. Banning them brings more peace than leaving them in the game. Tell me again who is not looking for a peaceful solution?

Also... people have been saying "this game is dead" and "its on its last legs" since I bought the game more than a year ago. I still play fairly often, and have no trouble getting into a match. This argument only makes someone appear they do not know what they are talking about... If you can play it (multi player), its not dead... when you have been seeing similar numbers for the last year, it is not necessarily on its last legs... and the numbers online have not really changed a whole lot in the last year, just some ups and downs... Let us all remember how to do math... key to the universe.

@Brian76 I appreciate the answer... apologies if my reply was taken as sarcastic... it was not meant that way. I was merely trying to keep the reply short. I noticed I forgot to thank you for the answer the first time... so... Thanks... and I put a thanks on both of your comments... just to be sure.

Again your assuming stuff and your wrong lolz also again with that ego of yours it's not nice to insult another's intelligence just because they don't agree with you! You have your opinion and i have mine further if there were people who been banned and come back and still don't follow rules i'm ok with them getting a lifetime ban as i want a good community as well with that being said your toxic and rude on these forms maybe you should be banned for being offensive! Have a beautiful wonderful day hope your life gets some meaning as it seems you have nothing better to do with your time.   

18 hours ago, pilospc said:

Again your assuming stuff and your wrong lolz also again with that ego of yours it's not nice to insult another's intelligence just because they don't agree with you! You have your opinion and i have mine further if there were people who been banned and come back and still don't follow rules i'm ok with them getting a lifetime ban as i want a good community as well with that being said your toxic and rude on these forms maybe you should be banned for being offensive! Have a beautiful wonderful day hope your life gets some meaning as it seems you have nothing better to do with your time.   

I did not assume anything... I said "it sounds like" and "seems to indicate"... that does not translate to an assumption any more than it does an accusation. I already explained this to you in case you missed that part. If I was making an assumption, I assure you... it would be very clear to everybody reading it. Where exactly did I insult ANYBODY? Exactly how am I toxic or rude? I do not insult the intelligence of people that do not share my views... But I just might insult the intelligence of someone who needs the basic meaning of a few simple words explained to them, let alone the structure of a sentence. I might even get a bit abrasive with people that are toxic and rude to others.
   You are the one throwing baseless accusations around, not me.... and that IS the behavior of a troll... are you a troll? You certainly are sounding like one. You seem to want me to be banned for being offensive, yet I am the one that called a moderator into the thread to close it at their discretion earlier in the thread. Do not think for an instant they are not keeping an eye on it.
   Harassment is against the rules. Criticism is not, and people will be offended by criticism. Neither you, nor me has the right to not be offended (that would limit every conversation to people agreeing with each other... without what they are talking about necessarily being true or in any way good for anybody) and you certainly seem to be offended by criticism. Don't act like an entitled snowflake. If we were not allowed to criticize, then what exactly would be the point of talking about anything... without criticism, everyone is just agreeing with everyone else... which is the way back to the dark ages. I do not have any fond memories of that time.
   Just so we are clear... your accusations are offensive to me... but I am not going to cry about it... yet another difference between you and me. 

People do not get banned in this game on their first offence... this was discussed in a gaming convention by one of the devs, very briefly about a year ago... I would have to look for the link to post it, but I doubt you would understand what he said either... but I will sum it up for you... It takes several complaints against an account for a ban. He did not give a number, and neither should they give a number. Several is more than enough explanation here.

Take a look at Shifty's reply to my questions... "If playing as Savini Jason a few times is worth them losing the game, that's their decision."
   He did not say "playing as Savini once will get you banned."  You need to read a bit slower and absorb the information before flying off the handle. If there are words you do not understand... then use google.
   Because you say I am wrong... does not make me wrong. If it was like you wanted it... everyone would be using hacks to get DLCs for free... and as I said (in case you missed this part)… if no one is making money from the effort to make a DLC for any game, then there would be no DLCs for any game. No one works for free.
   My life has plenty of meaning... I hope you actually find some meaning in your own life. Now if you will excuse me, I have some work to do... because I do actually do stuff away from my computer... just so you know.

On 10/24/2018 at 3:31 PM, lostshadowz said:

They should just release it as dlc now.  many games do that. preorder or kickstarter backer items end up as payed dlc anyways. with no new content ever coming to this game other then patches they should release savini as a dlc. then no one would have to hack and they would make money too.

I was a backer who missed the deadline(got the email), due to being very busy , I think they should do this, i would buy it, still would main part 3 though 

13 hours ago, Ahab said:

I did not assume anything... I said "it sounds like" and "seems to indicate"... that does not translate to an assumption any more than it does an accusation. I already explained this to you in case you missed that part. If I was making an assumption, I assure you... it would be very clear to everybody reading it. Where exactly did I insult ANYBODY? Exactly how am I toxic or rude? I do not insult the intelligence of people that do not share my views... But I just might insult the intelligence of someone who needs the basic meaning of a few simple words explained to them, let alone the structure of a sentence. I might even get a bit abrasive with people that are toxic and rude to others.
   You are the one throwing baseless accusations around, not me.... and that IS the behavior of a troll... are you a troll? You certainly are sounding like one. You seem to want me to be banned for being offensive, yet I am the one that called a moderator into the thread to close it at their discretion earlier in the thread. Do not think for an instant they are not keeping an eye on it.
   Harassment is against the rules. Criticism is not, and people will be offended by criticism. Neither you, nor me has the right to not be offended (that would limit every conversation to people agreeing with each other... without what they are talking about necessarily being true or in any way good for anybody) and you certainly seem to be offended by criticism. Don't act like an entitled snowflake. If we were not allowed to criticize, then what exactly would be the point of talking about anything... without criticism, everyone is just agreeing with everyone else... which is the way back to the dark ages. I do not have any fond memories of that time.
   Just so we are clear... your accusations are offensive to me... but I am not going to cry about it... yet another difference between you and me. 

People do not get banned in this game on their first offence... this was discussed in a gaming convention by one of the devs, very briefly about a year ago... I would have to look for the link to post it, but I doubt you would understand what he said either... but I will sum it up for you... It takes several complaints against an account for a ban. He did not give a number, and neither should they give a number. Several is more than enough explanation here.

Take a look at Shifty's reply to my questions... "If playing as Savini Jason a few times is worth them losing the game, that's their decision."
   He did not say "playing as Savini once will get you banned."  You need to read a bit slower and absorb the information before flying off the handle. If there are words you do not understand... then use google.
   Because you say I am wrong... does not make me wrong. If it was like you wanted it... everyone would be using hacks to get DLCs for free... and as I said (in case you missed this part)… if no one is making money from the effort to make a DLC for any game, then there would be no DLCs for any game. No one works for free.
   My life has plenty of meaning... I hope you actually find some meaning in your own life. Now if you will excuse me, I have some work to do... because I do actually do stuff away from my computer... just so you know.

Your not worth any more of my time, or energy enjoy your ego and big head iv got better things to do such as play Dead By Daylight and look forward to Last Year The Nightmare then to be worried about you and what you have to say and what others do to this dead game.

7 hours ago, pilospc said:

Your not worth any more of my time, or energy enjoy your ego and big head iv got better things to do such as play Dead By Daylight and look forward to Last Year The Nightmare then to be worried about you and what you have to say and what others do to this dead game.

If the game is “dead” and you don’t care about it then why are you still bitching about moaning about wanting people to get banned? If you have better things to do then GO do them instead of telling somebody they have an inflated ego when they were simply stating their own opinion ??‍♂

• Thanks 2

On 10/28/2018 at 1:54 PM, Ahab said:

Can they even tell which codes were purchased from Ebay or not? Somebody could’ve given their friend a code and it worked. It’s not like Sony is going to dig that deep and give them the details on it.

8 hours ago, pilospc said:

iv got better things to do such as play Dead By Daylight and look forward to Last Year The Nightmare 

Bye Felicia!

You must have some very low standards by the way if you think better things to do is play DBD. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, pilospc said:

Awe, that's so nice of you to say... With the amount of replies you made, beating on the same dead horse over and over again... it would appear you do have concern over it though... or why would you waste your time even logging on to these forums? 
   But once again.... you are the one making assumptions... and direct insults with your claims about my ego and your deep concerns about how I spend my time... and in case you don't know this one either... making assumption WILL make you look like an ass.... At least you perform well at something... but even a broken clock is right twice a day... so this is no great accomplishment for you.

@JennyMyers1984 There were backers that bought quite a few codes to give to friends (20 was the highest number I read about if memory serves)... or sell on their own to others... These are still legit codes and the original owner could do as they pleased with them, giving it away or selling it would still leave it as a legit code that a non backer could have... legitimately. But once a code is used it is tied to that account... if it wasn't, there would be no need for a code to unlock something on anyone's account.

I do not think the seller on E-Bay needed to give them the codes he was selling, he just has to give it to the person he is selling it too... I could be wrong on this, I have never used E-Bay. But the only real question here is... was it a legitimate code? In the case of stolen codes... as long as they know which codes were stolen, then they would be able to tell just by comparison to the codes on the list of stolen codes. It would just take the time to look... and compare. This would be quick and easy to do with a program to run the searches and comparisons, but I do not know if they have a program for this (if they do not, then they should get one). It can still be done manually and would not be hard... a list of codes would be in numerical order (at least, this makes sense... sometimes things are not done in a way that makes any sense)... just running down the list to see where the code falls into whichever list they are comparing it to would not take much time at all... except, of course... the time it takes to scroll through the codes in order to see where the code in question falls.

If it falls into stolen codes... whether they paid for it or not... there are laws concerning possession of stolen property, and a person can be charged with possession of stolen property, whether they knew it was stolen or not at the time of purchase is irrelevant (although I think it is rarely enforced)... These codes are a "property" that can be used, purchased, sold or stolen... But, it is not our decision in what to do about these stolen codes as they were not stolen from us.
    My only real concern when starting this thread was about the hackers... and it is not our decision what to do about them either. It was, and is my opinion that hackers should be banned... but I don't like thieves either. I am sure some people bought from that particular person on E-Bay thought that they were legitimate... but many knew they were stolen... there was a lot of talk at the time about these stolen codes and the person on E-Bay selling them. Personally, I would have just deleted these codes so they no longer unlock anything... but it is not my decision to make... just my opinion.
    There have been legitimate codes sold on E-Bay as well... by backers that bought extra codes. Nothing wrong with that, they purchased multiple codes and can give them away or sell them as they please... and they would remain legitimate codes that would not appear on any list of stolen codes.

All they need is a reason to go out of their way to look that justifies the time to do it. Computer programs keep records of the smallest details in many instances... details that not many people even give thought to as in "why" would they keep that statistic... yet keep statistics they do.
    Remember on f13thegame.com there is a spot for player of the week. It has not been changed in a long time... and was left far longer than a week many other times... but just the statistics they have given about these players gives you a hint of what is actually kept track of. The statistics given for others in the past have been much different than what has been up for carryondavid for a while now.

@Mayday This is were they are given a chance to change their hacking ways. They do not get banned on one use... and they will never tell us how many times it would take to get a ban. It may even be variable. We are also not supposed to post names like that... no naming and shaming allowed. Although there is one name I recognize and I have to question why he is still playing. He was one of the ruder players I have met in this game as well.
   You may want to edit those names out.

On 10/28/2018 at 2:46 AM, pilospc said:

Here's my opinion i feel that if you ban some you gotta ban all so they need to ban those who downloaded the free Savini off the PS4 store and X-box store when it was up by accident even though u may say no cuz it was downloaded legit just that the company made the mistake so you can't ban those who downloaded it legit yet why not to be realistic about it it wasn't legit even the dev's have said that wasn't supposed to happen. so i say guilty to those who downloaded it then how's it fair they get away with having Savini non legit. Also the link that shows when it was on sale on the PS4 store those who bought it should be banned as well again the dev's said that wasn't legit and they had it stopped. The sellers on E-bay where is the news that they were caught and charged with selling copyright material that they didn't own or have permission to sell? Where is the bans for all those who bought codes from E-bay or those who got Savini access because of an E-bay purchase? You want permanent bans for those who use Savini non legit i don't agree with permanent bans for most reasons including this i feel people don't always make the best of decisions and i believe in second chances i feel a soft ban for like a few weeks or a month to give the offender time to think things over and come back a better player later who now values the rules even more would be more a benefit to not only them but to all of the community we want to keep players to keep the game alive the game is low on players now. Lastly what about all us who bought the game as well as the dlc just to have the game be free on i believe X-box maybe even PS4 hows that fair to all us who paid for the game? Why didn't the pc players get the option to download the game free for a month? 

I paid full retail price for the game $40.00 yet it's free for a whole month to whoever downloads it on console not fair in my opinion but what can i do nothing about it that's the dev's decision. There are a ton of things that isn't fair, right or just when it comes to this game with that all being said if there isn't a settlement soon there won't be any game because people. already are moving on bored with the same old bug's, same old content, same old same old nothing new to look forward to. Yes rules should be followed but let's not cherry pic here on who get's into trouble and who don't! Savini was backer only so they should punish all who have Savini non legit regardless how they got him this is the only fair way to go about it further why not have the dev's just sue Sony and X-box for releasing content that wasn't supposed to be released causing them money loss and time? Should the companies get away with giving there copyright material away for free? 

You shouldn't punish people who buy something that was released by mistake for two reasons.

1. The person buying the DLC had no way of knowing if it was a mistake or not. They shouldn't be banned for the mistake of another person.

2. The content was not free. People paid for it, so the transaction was legal. People who missed out don't feel it's fair, but sometimes "right place, right time" applies to this kind of situation. If I made a mistake and sold something I shouldn't have, that would be my fault, not the people who paid for it.

People who unlock Savini Jason for free by hacking should always be punished.

As far as the game being free for download, it's a way to pull new players in. The more people who enjoy the game, the longer it will stick around. If you were a PS Plus member, and you got the game during October, then it's all fair. Sometimes it's a good idea to wait and you may get a free game out of it.

On the subject of permanent bans, rules are rules. If someone says not to do something, and you choose to do it, then you broke the rules, and should be punished. It may seem unfair with a 1 strike rule, but if that's how the company sets it, you have to respect their decision.

On 10/28/2018 at 7:50 PM, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Some people just really love an exclusive character that no one else ever gotten.

They look at it like the more people with it, the less special it is to them. I can't say I blame them.

On 10/31/2018 at 10:10 AM, JennyMyers1984 said:

If the game is “dead” and you don’t care about it then why are you still bitching about moaning about wanting people to get banned? If you have better things to do then GO do them instead of telling somebody they have an inflated ego when they were simply stating their own opinion ??‍♂

Sometimes people complain because they want to be part of an argument and feel like they've won at some point.

1 hour ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

:(

Some people will always desire what they could have had.

Other people will always hold something over another that doesn't have it.

Sad to say, it's human nature.