I have stopped being a counselor due to the outright idiocy and/or lack of experience of others.

They can't give this game away now...the servers are at an all time low (waiting 5 minutes for a game sunday night 10/28)

Sooo...I've been JASON now ONLY...if i'm not picked I leave game and wait again

EVERY game I wipe out everybody ...sometimes 10/8 because of the grab not killn glitch

Only being Jason and slaughtering everyone is fun now...

too bad too...I used to enjoy being a counselor working with other good counselors

NOTE:  if you see me online please try and kill me...it's the only challenge anymore

• Sad 1

The other night I played as Vanessa and I spawned near the same cabin as a Lachappa. Inside we found the battery so I told him that he should put it in because he is a far faster repairer. He refused so I grabbed it while basically scolding him. As I repaired the car he kept hitting me and then I was done he attempted to follow me. I said “Good luck trying to keep up” and left him in the dust. Found the gas in the barn at Higgins and the keys in the small cabin across the road. Circled back down to the car, repaired the car and drove off. Down by the road I picked up one counselor when all of a sudden I saw Lachappa running out of the barn and down the road at me. I then floored it and flattened him while laughing maniacally. In the lobby he gave me a TON of salt. I told him that that is what happens when you behave like a douchebag. 

TOTALLY worth the 0 XP for the round. :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Purience said:

I have stopped being a counselor due to the outright idiocy and/or lack of experience of others.

They can't give this game away now...the servers are at an all time low (waiting 5 minutes for a game sunday night 10/28)

Sooo...I've been JASON now ONLY...if i'm not picked I leave game and wait again

EVERY game I wipe out everybody ...sometimes 10/8 because of the grab not killn glitch

Only being Jason and slaughtering everyone is fun now...

too bad too...I used to enjoy being a counselor working with other good counselors

NOTE:  if you see me online please try and kill me...it's the only challenge anymore

LOL, well its still a survival game, one man vs 7 little monsters :P .  I still have fun as counselor though, mostly when I'm with a group.  If you want a challenge as Jason and on PC, hit me up.

Unfortunately for Jason players it's difficult to stop the car even if you're skilled and if the driver is skilled, knows the map, then it's near impossible.  Put a new or inexperienced or just flat out bad Jason vs the car and he/she has absolutely no chance at stopping the car. 

BTW the only thing you need, other than map awareness as the driver, is to pay attention to the minimap.  When Jason shifts, it'll show on the minimap.  If he shifts too far away from you, he can't catch you.  When he morphs, you should already know his position either by sight or the minimap.  If he's in front of you when he morphs, just reverse as he won't be fast enough to get behind the car to stop you.  If he's behind you, just keep driving forward as again he won't be fast enough to get ahead of you.  If you're worried, you can just swerve a little to keep him stuck behind/in front of you depending on his initial positioning.  And no Jason players, it doesn't matter if you're in stalk before activating morph, you still show on the driver's minimap.  Also, it doesn't matter how far away from the car you morph, as you still show on the driver's minimap.  We'll use Packanack, the car can be by Flat Rock, you can be Jason by the main lodge, activate stalk and then morph to the exit you see the car is heading towards...you'll think this is a good strategy.  Wrong.  You'll appear on the drivers minimap. 

Once you understand the above and know the map and all the offroad shortcuts or just paths, you can drive around the map for 10+ minutes and it will take luck for Jason to stop you. 

So when I drive, I'll just drive around the entire map aimlessly, picking up people as I go, toying with Jason so others can get something else done.  I have a friend that on Higgins will literally do laps around the barn to keep Jason busy.  It doesn't matter how long I need to do this, as like I said, he has an almost non-existent chance at stopping me.  When I have a full car and there's no one else left playing on the map, then I'll exit.  

Jason's ability to stop the car is so pathetic in fact, I played a game last night where there were 5 of us left on the map.  4 were in the blue car, I went and fixed the 2 door without Jason bothering me because the other car is driving around.  And we started playing bumper cars all over Packanack.  Both cars got out, all 5 people escaped.   It was 5 minutes of bumper car mayhem on the roads and mock yelling at each other for breaking down the others car with a Jason that had no chance at stopping any of it.  I give him credit, he was a trooper and didn't leave.  

@SirMang Actually, if you morph ahead far enough you are not in their line of sight, you can stalk and still easily stop the car. I understand what you are saying here... and I use it to good effect as well... this is the only reason nerves of steel is worth bothering with on many counselors. It is also the only thing that gives you the slightest chance to avoid Jason when driving the boat and you have room to maneuver.
   Jason shows on the mini map when you can see him on your screen... or when lit up by a flare. He also seems to show up when others can see him on their screen. But if he showed up when no one can see him, he would always be on the map... and this is not the case. 
    After you morph (far enough ahead that you are not in line of sight), stay behind a tree, or something to block their view of you while in stalk, and shift when they are close enough. This still works well, even with the amount you can see him on the map (considering there is not another counselor near where you morphed to... if you are in their line of sight, you are on the mini map again). Use your knowledge of when you see him on the map when you are playing a counselor against the counselors when you are playing Jason.

Without this feature... even a noob could stop the car nearly every time, no matter how skilled the driver is. Counselors do need a fair chance to escape... and there is an easy workaround with this for Jason... just not in the water... it is damned hard to avoid a neutral water speed Jason in the boat, but with this feature, it can be done if you have enough room and good timing. This is still not a guarantee that you will stop the car every time either. Cars will slip by you... boats will slip by you... it happens... and neither should we have a guarantee to stop the car every time. This feature merely forces the Jason player to use their head.

@Ahab  This would be great, if it's true.  Unfortunately I tested with some friends in a private lobby and private chat.  This was some months back so it may have changed.  My test was this, done on Packanack regular and they were would be 4 other people all in the car...

I would be standing in Woodbury and wait til my friend told me the car was at the midpoint of Flat Rock.  There was several attempts at this, changing how long I would take to stalk and then morph so he couldn't just time it out and throw up a guess.  Every time he was able to tell me when I morphed and to which exit.  Passengers don't see Jason morph as none of them knew but the driver knew every time.  So unless the entire stretch of exit road on Packanack is considered LOS, the driver for whatever reason, knows where and when Jason morphs.  

So as Jason, trying to stop the car, you're forced to have your shift and morph ready when trying to deal with the car.  And you have to hope your morph takes you to an easily accessible spot as each grid square of the map has a specific morph point.  After you morph, you need to shift immediately or else the car is gone.  If you morph too far ahead, the car just has to go the opposite way and it's gone. 

The ability to morph and shift while getting to the front, or back, of the car is difficult to pull off and sometimes impossible depending on which grid square you morph into. 

The boat is another story entirely, as long as Jason is paying attention, the boat has a 0% chance of escaping.  Jason just needs to morph to the exit and wait for the boat to come to him.  Sure the driver of the boat will know he's there, but you're in the boat and committed at that point and there's only one way out.  

@SirMang I am still stopping cars quite a bit. Perhaps you are not morphing far enough ahead... when I ask, the drivers I stop did not see me on the mini map. You have to be out of everyone's line of sight. Other side of a hill... behind a tree thick enough to actually hide behind... or anything else that will completely block their view of you... and you need to morph far enough ahead to get to such a spot before you are in their line of sight. But morphing so far ahead leaves it open for them to change direction whether they see you or not... This is not always effective either... But sometimes we get away, sometimes we do not.
    I have also been stopped a few times in recent memory by Jason and he did not appear on the mini map... and I use nerves of steel on everyone... and pay attention to the mini map. But I have seen Jason appear pretty far ahead on the map, standing out in the open each time. Perhaps just being in the open has something to do with him appearing on the map as well?
    I am also still seeing other Jason players stop quite a few cars. This is not as overpowered as you make it out to be, or no one would be escaping in a car. I just got out of a game half an hour ago... I could not see Jason on my mini map the entire time... not even on the edges of the mini map. But when I pulled around a corner and could see him through the windshield down the road, he immediately appeared on my mini map.
    There has to be something with this neither of us are seeing though.

Also... Jason can camp the boat exit all he wants.... and sit there while I drive the boat around in open water... he is going to have to leave the exit to get me. Great distraction for everyone else on land. As far as Jason in the water goes... I have got around a great many Jason players in the past and will continue to do it. Once Jason is behind you, he cannot catch you... unless he is a +Water Speed... and even then, if he is far enough behind you, you are getting away anyway. You can get around most of them with enough room to make wide turns in the water... it just takes some practice... I have gotten a lot of practice with this, I love the boat, but I did die a lot before figuring this our and getting better at it. Your chances of pulling this off against a +Water Speed Jason are admittedly very small.
   Either way... no Jason player.. or any other player is paying attention 100% of the time. I have escaped in the boat easily a dozen times in the last week, many or those times with a passenger that was completely shocked that we were able to escape at all. The boat is still more than a viable escape option, no matter how much people claim it is not... or I would not be escaping in it... let alone how often I pull this off.... I have also been caught in the boat and drowned at least three times in the last week... Non of us always get away.

21 hours ago, Ahab said:

Perhaps just being in the open has something to do with him appearing on the map as well?

Also... Jason can camp the boat exit all he wants.... and sit there while I drive the boat around in open water... he is going to have to leave the exit to get me. Great distraction for everyone else on land. As far as Jason in the water goes... I have got around a great many Jason players in the past and will continue to do it. Once Jason is behind you, he cannot catch you... unless he is a +Water Speed...
   Either way... no Jason player.. or any other player is paying attention 100% of the time.

Just sticking with these parts...

Maybe it does have something to do with being in the open.  Like I said my friend could tell exactly when I morphed and to which exit every time.  And from Flat Rock, you don't have LOS to either exit nor LOS to Woodbury to see me to begin with.  I'm unsure on other parts of the map if the driver can always see Jason on the mini-map, but the exit road he definitely can even if you're not in LOS when you first morph and not in LOS where you morph to.  Even if you're in stalk during this process.  I used to play Jason against the car and pick a far away point, thinking the driver would have no clue where I am before this test.  Until my friend showed me the error of my ways, which then led to this test to confirm it.  In regular matches, he'd reverse the car whenever I morphed and I couldn't figure out why or how he knew when to do it.  The test told me why, which altered my playstyle in dealing with the car. 

The boat...you can sit around and drive in the open water, correct.  But Jason is eventually gonna get shift if he doesn't when he enters the water and he can just slowly make his way toward you.  If you do juke him, it's possible, even if it's not a +water speed Jason, his shift is faster than the boat, so as long as he doesn't get juked near the exit, he's going to close the gap. 

Will agree on the point about Jason players not paying attention all the time.  Many Jason's still get tunneled by the Vanessa's and Buggsy's.  Personally, early game, I don't even bother with them once they go inside a cabin and barricade themselves.  Exercise in futility pre-rage to engage them for more than like 30 seconds and other people are out and about getting stuff done. 

@SirMang I will try to keep an eye on this more often when I am driving a car, and talk to the Jason players after the match. Sometimes, even the random Jasons can be very helpful with stuff like this.
    You still have to be a pretty good driver to get by Jason in most circumstances even with seeing him on the mini map though... and if Jason is able to stay on them, and they are not running nerves of steel...  they will lose their mini map and negate this advantage. It is an advantage for counselors for sure... and I do not have a problem with it being in the game... But it would be nice to know more about how it works from both sides of play. I do not think Jason should appear on the map when in stalk unless he is seen though... it kind of negates stalk if you can see him on the mini map from that far away... forests are very dark at night.

Funny you mention juking Jason in the water again... I did it last night against a Part 6 Jason... he came at me from the exit on Crystal Lake and I got around him with a passenger in the boat... Another funny thing happened in that game... the passenger in the boat came back as Tommy and was hit by the car, it was going at a slow speed, but he did not instantly die... I have never seen anyone survive even the slightest tap from a moving car in this game.... the driver ended up running him over again (on purpose) and he did die the second time... Some sort of glitch that I have never seen before perhaps?
    The boat has always been a huge risk... but I choose the boat whenever I have the option. I am still doing well with it, if I can get it repaired... but even before there was a start up warning for it, I played against many Jasons that paid close attention to their maps just to be able to go after the boat if it was moving. So far, since the warning was put in... It really has not effected my boat escape / drowning ratio at all. But perhaps I am just really lucky with the boat.

I go after them early anyway sometimes... just to change it up. Getting the difficult prey first leaves the easy ones for later. Grab them before the speed looting is finished. Use a couple knives if its early enough and they have not even found a med spray yet, let alone a pocket knife. Even pre shift, any Jason can catch a wounded counselor that has no med spray... and probably no pocket knife. Sometimes, its worth it...

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

Another funny thing happened in that game... the passenger in the boat came back as Tommy and was hit by the car, it was going at a slow speed, but he did not instantly die... I have never seen anyone survive even the slightest tap from a moving car in this game.... the driver ended up running him over again (on purpose) and he did die the second time... Some sort of glitch that I have never seen before perhaps?

I've seen a few people survive being hit by the car. My two main theories as to how are if you get clipped by the edge of the car or by blocking in CS. I have never gotten around to testing these to see if they are reliable ways to survive the car.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

I've seen a few people survive being hit by the car. My two main theories as to how are if you get clipped by the edge of the car or by blocking in CS. I have never gotten around to testing these to see if they are reliable ways to survive the car.

This player was not blocking, he was running, trying to get to the other side of the car. It was moving slowly and stopped after hitting him... yet he lived, though he was in a wounded state. He was not clipped by the edge of the car either... he was close to the center of the car when struck... just another of the many odd things in the game I wish I recorded. I have been killed by the car with the slightest tap of a car that was barely moving while I am at full health... and have seen this happen to many others (but I am never sure if someone else has been wounded in any way)… I think it was probably just a bug, or glitch of some sort... but I could be wrong.

17 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

Lol, blocking the car, that would be funny if it works.

2 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I've been 150 for so long, I no longer care about the dumb counselors who think standing in the middle of the road is going to be a deterrent.  I won't even slow down.  LOL 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ahab said:

This player was not blocking, he was running, trying to get to the other side of the car. It was moving slowly and stopped after hitting him... yet he lived, though he was in a wounded state. He was not clipped by the edge of the car either... he was close to the center of the car when struck... just another of the many odd things in the game I wish I recorded. I have been killed by the car with the slightest tap of a car that was barely moving while I am at full health... and have seen this happen to many others (but I am never sure if someone else has been wounded in any way)… I think it was probably just a bug, or glitch of some sort... but I could be wrong.

No idea then. I do remember seeing the hit by the edge and blocking having people survive. But that was only a few times I never tested to see if it was consistent or a glitch.

5 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

It would be funny if it works. It would make a certain sense as blocking does reduce damage. 

13 hours ago, Ahab said:

I've been clipped by the car and survived. It appears to be based on speed and the angle that you get hit. Apparently they finally decided to make it more realistic. 

9 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

I've been clipped by the car and survived. It appears to be based on speed and the angle that you get hit. Apparently they finally decided to make it more realistic. 

This was just the first time I have ever seen it happen... and before this, I have never heard of someone surviving getting het by the car in game. If sometimes we are not killed when hit by the car... I have no problem with that, it just seems to be very rare.

@thrawn3054 This is one where I will leave the testing to others... it is enough to know it is possible to survive it for me. But I will still do my best to avoid being hit by the car.

On 10/3/2018 at 7:14 PM, Purience said:

WHEN YOU FIND THE PHONE FUSE...

Do you hold it until YOU find the fuse house?

Drop it automatically so everyone sees it on the map?

Give it to someone else as fast as you can?

Find some smart counselor and give it to them?

Drop it at the fuse house (without putting it in) and run away?

Use radio and tell everyone you have it and ask where the fuse house is?

Only install yourself when no one is around so only you can call the cops (hopefully because you have the MY DADS A COP PERK)?

Take it with you while you escape in a car or boat?

Leave it in the drawer without taking it because you feel it's a cheesy way to escape and you respect Jason too much for that?

Install yourself even if you're a dumb counselor?

Keep installing as Jason is closing in on you?

Step on traps at fuse box (using your health spray)?

Step on traps at fuse box (even without a health spray)?

I normally play as a bunny-suited Debbie, so if I find the fuse I hold onto it until I find the phone-box.  If I have trouble finding it, I usually ask over the mic if anyone has seen the phone cabin, but normally I generally find it fairly quickly. I don't install if Jason is near and if I see someone else about to do it, I try and signal for them to let me since I have the epic-level MDAC perk and can have the cops there in about 3:40 instead of 5:00. If it's a Vanessa, Chad, Bugzy, or Jenny, I haul ass because I know they're going to fuck up at least once and then Jason's going to be right on top of them.