Armani?

Should Gun Media sell Friday The 13th Game?

In before the statement tomorrow disappoints everyone.

For whatever reason, Gun will not hire a new development team to create new content for the game when or if they are allowed to.

Illfonic and its team have left, so this is a FRESH opportunity to start something new. Especially with free Playstation download this month & dedicated servers. Dark Tower Studios were brought in for a maintenance, and if they aren't willing to discuss creating content and being paid for it since they JUST joined the team, then Gun would have to hire another development team for content.

It would be nice if they explained. Is Illfonic not willing to give up the content they've worked on but had to stop because of the lawsuit on to Dark Tower or another development company with compensation and credit for what they did do? Illfonic also did not do everything, there are other maps like Manhattan or Cruise Ship to be created if we had to give up Grendel Map for whatever reason.

If Gun Media cannot create new content because of some vague business decision they won't explain, perhaps it would be best for Gun Media to sell or "share/partner" Friday The 13th Game to another publisher who is willing to continue content.

Not at this exact moment, but in the future, if the player base of the game on consoles remains somewhat strong.

There's no reason to let the game wither away because of the lawsuit halting things.

@ShiftySamurai 

@wes

• Like 2

As long as there's any doubt as to the future of the game nobody is going to by it. If that doubt is removed Gun isn't going to sell. Lastly even if the doubt is removed and Gun wanted to sell I doubt they'd be able to transfer their license. 

19 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

As long as there's any doubt as to the future of the game nobody is going to by it. If that doubt is removed Gun isn't going to sell. Lastly even if the doubt is removed and Gun wanted to sell I doubt they'd be able to transfer their license. 

This...

In all honesty, if an option for another game were to come along, I'd rather a new company do a new take on it.

Maybe. If they don't give a shit enough to continue supporting the game after the lawsuit then sell it to someone who does. 

I mean, I fully understand if the lawsuit drags on for another 5 years but as it stands, it's making progress towards an outcome sooner than I expected. 

But for now I am holding out hope for tomorrow's announcement. I don't see why they'd make us wait if it was a big fat nah bruv we're sticking to our guns (lol ;) ) on the no new content... but then again its Gun. A lot of things and deciscions with this game make no sense.

I am somewhat optimistic but prepared for much disappoint. I have that excited/scared feeling ?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DrLeatherface said:

Maybe. If they don't give a shit enough to continue supporting the game after the lawsuit then sell it to someone who does. 

I mean, I fully understand if the lawsuit drags on for another 5 years but as it stands, it's making progress towards an outcome sooner than I expected. 

But for now I am holding out hope for tomorrow's announcement. I don't see why they'd make us wait if it was a big fat nah bruv we're sticking to our guns (lol ;) ) on the no new content... but then again its Gun. A lot of things and deciscions with this game make no sense.

I am somewhat optimistic but prepared for much disappoint. I have that excited/scared feeling ?

Lol, I have the same exact feel too. But it’s just like it would be stupid for them to sorta hype it up by saying “Press release soon!” just for it to come to a complete dissapointment if it is “No” because the backlash would be HORRIFIC. And if it simply was “No” it would’ve been out by now. Idk, I’m currently half hope, half pessimist. We just have to see what they say probably tommorow.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DinosaurusCuteness said:

Lol, I have the same exact feel too. But it’s just like it would be stupid for them to sorta hype it up by saying “Press release soon!” just for it to come to a complete dissapointment if it is “No” because the backlash would be HORRIFIC. And if it simply was “No” it would’ve been out by now. Idk, I’m currently half hope, half pessimist. We just have to see what they say probably tommorow.

They didn't really hype it up at all. They just said an announcement would come next week. No exclamation point or anything was included. And they couldn't release a statement over the weekend anyway as Wes said it had to go through the rights holders first.

14 minutes ago, TiffanyxAJ said:

They didn't really hype it up at all. They just said an announcement would come next week. No exclamation point or anything was included. And they couldn't release a statement over the weekend anyway as Wes said it had to go through the rights holders first.

I know but it’s just like wierd because if it was simply “No” and reason why they could’ve just either just repeated what they said back in June or just have a press release by now because it wouldn’t take this long even though there was a weekend for a press release to come out explaining why they can’t have content. Unless the wording of it has to be very specific, but yet again I’m no lawyer so this all just a big guessing game for me.

The most likely reason they're waiting is they simply don't know themselves what they're allowed to say. I'm still 99% sure this won't change anything as far as content, but I'd be happy to be surprised. Bottom line, I strongly urge everyone to manage your expectations. 

1 minute ago, thrawn3054 said:

The most likely reason they're waiting is they simply don't know themselves what they're allowed to say. I'm still 99% sure this won't change anything as far as content, but I'd be happy to be surprised. Bottom line, I strongly urge everyone to manage your expectations. 

I certainly am, we just have to wait and see what @wes says in the coming days.

I know it's highly unlikely, and most likely impossible to happen, but I just wish that maybe, just maybe a compromise of some sort could be worked out for the game, so they could produce more content. There is so much potential for what new content they could add, and it'd be shame if it can't become a reality.

42 minutes ago, JasonLives86 said:

I know it's highly unlikely, and most likely impossible to happen, but I just wish that maybe, just maybe a compromise of some sort could be worked out for the game, so they could produce more content. There is so much potential for what new content they could add, and it'd be shame if it can't become a reality.

A lot of people want new content. It may or may not happen. The upcoming press release will silence a fair portion of either the believers or non-believers.

I don't think it's fair to allow a topic like this to stay open. This is not what the forum is for. If you have criticisms then there's a feedback section, but making a topic asking should they sell their own game? What purpose does that serve?

A lot of time went into the creation of this game and I'm not seeing respect for that in this thread. If you can't accept the fact that DLC has ceased then I'm afraid that is a personal problem you will have to deal with one way or another. Suggesting the creators give up everything they've done and are continuing to do on the game just because you want the potential for future DLC is a very unreasonable ask. 

There is no more DLC coming. We can only keep repeating ourselves until you accept it, different publishers or not.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1