Sign in to follow this  
x OLd ScRatCh x

Jason Kill Stat

Devs should add Jason kill stats on the lobby screen for each player. A stat for how many times they have killed Jason and a stat of how many times they were killed as Jason. Something along the lines of 5/2 or 18/0. I just think it could make for some good invites and stronger lobbies. Also, it would give an indication of how long the person has been playing the game once they reach the 150 rank. I'm sure they have kept these stats in there somewhere as they relate to some achievements and trophies.

@x OLd ScRatCh x This is a good idea... then we would finally know how many hundreds of times @GeneiJin has killed Jason. I am sure he lost track a long time ago.
   It sounds like new content to me though...

• Like 1

That sounds like a fun idea, seeing stats like MKX does with "XX,000,000,000 Brutalities have been performed" or "xxx,000,000 Dragon Fang Goro has been played" only "XX,000,000 Jason has been killed" or "Adam has escaped xx,000,000 times".

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ahab said:

@x OLd ScRatCh x This is a good idea... then we would finally know how many hundreds of times @GeneiJin has killed Jason. I am sure he lost track a long time ago.
   It sounds like new content to me though...

If such a counter was implemented, I wonder if killing Jason only counted if you've been Tommy.  If so, my number would drastically be lower since I'm usually the Sweater. If it counted "defeated Jason", then I guess it be nice for me to know, lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

If such a counter was implemented, I wonder if killing Jason only counted if you've been Tommy.  If so, my number would drastically be lower since I'm usually the Sweater. If it counted "defeated Jason", then I guess it be nice for me to know, lol.

I’m also usually the sweater girl. I never try to be the first one dead because it took me AGES to get the Tommy badge because I am never picked to play Tommy Salamii. I actually didn’t get the trophy for killing Jason until 9/16/2017

• Like 1

Because I use a Legendary Thrasher perk (+24% Damage, -0% Melee Stun Chance, +2% Weapon Damage resistance), Epic Sucker Punch (+22% Stun Chance, 0% Sprint Speed Decreased) and Epic Friendship (+5% Per teammate, -1% Melee Stun Chance) I'm ALWAYS making sure I'm Tommy.

That is one thing I feel they really dropped the ball on. A stats screen in the main menu would have been awesome. Telling you how many games you played both as Jason and counselor as well as total. Giving you your survival percentage and kill percentage as Jason. Sadly we'll never see this as it would count as new content. Would've been great though.

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:04 PM, GeneiJin said:

"If" it were ever implemented, it should only count for sweater girl and Tommy... and "if" a third counselor stunned Jason to his knees, it should count for them too. Participation in the kill is what should count, not like the badge where everyone gets credit. Then we would have a much more accurate number. Participation in getting the mask off could also be argued here, as it is a team effort and he cannot be "killed" without enough damage to lose his mask.
    Although the have the capability to track these numbers, showing them in game would be that damned "new content" thing... This is just another instance where that "End of Content" can really spoil our fun!

before every game...I check each persons level...that way I know who are good players...esp HOW GOOD JASON IS

5 hours ago, Ahab said:

"If" it were ever implemented, it should only count for sweater girl and Tommy... and "if" a third counselor stunned Jason to his knees, it should count for them too. Participation in the kill is what should count, not like the badge where everyone gets credit. Then we would have a much more accurate number. Participation in getting the mask off could also be argued here, as it is a team effort and he cannot be "killed" without enough damage to lose his mask.
    Although the have the capability to track these numbers, showing them in game would be that damned "new content" thing... This is just another instance where that "End of Content" can really spoil our fun!

I'm sure the "defeated Jason" is already tracked, but I highly doubt its at the level to even acknowledge the sweater wearer, let alone how perform the kneel stun.

18 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

I'm sure the "defeated Jason" is already tracked, but I highly doubt its at the level to even acknowledge the sweater wearer, let alone how perform the kneel stun.

Many stats are kept track of, as we have been able to see in the past on the forum homepage when they actually changed the "Player Highlight". It has been set on 'CarryonDavid' for some time with... the Jason he plays most often, number of kills, number of doors being smashed down and matches played. In the past, when they changed at from time to time, there were other stats highlighted, such as number of deaths, number of players that escaped from Jason... among others (its been a while since it changed, but I remember those two and the fact that there were others).
   Use of the sweater is kept track of for the counselor badge... why would it stop keeping track after the badge is complete?... After all, the number of doors that Carryondavid had smashed when they posted that was at 9866... far above any number for any badge in the game... same with his number of kills which was 5114 at the time... I bet he has a few more by now. But only the devs could tell us what stats are kept track of for your saved profile. From what we have been able to see from the "player highlight" in the past, I would imagine most meaningful stats are kept track of, we just do not have access to check them for ourselves.
   I do not doubt that the number of times a player knocked Jason to his knees is also kept track of.

On 9/28/2018 at 10:55 AM, Ahab said:

Many stats are kept track of, as we have been able to see in the past on the forum homepage when they actually changed the "Player Highlight". It has been set on 'CarryonDavid' for some time with... the Jason he plays most often, number of kills, number of doors being smashed down and matches played. In the past, when they changed at from time to time, there were other stats highlighted, such as number of deaths, number of players that escaped from Jason... among others (its been a while since it changed, but I remember those two and the fact that there were others).
   Use of the sweater is kept track of for the counselor badge... why would it stop keeping track after the badge is complete?... After all, the number of doors that Carryondavid had smashed when they posted that was at 9866... far above any number for any badge in the game... same with his number of kills which was 5114 at the time... I bet he has a few more by now. But only the devs could tell us what stats are kept track of for your saved profile. From what we have been able to see from the "player highlight" in the past, I would imagine most meaningful stats are kept track of, we just do not have access to check them for ourselves.
   I do not doubt that the number of times a player knocked Jason to his knees is also kept track of.

What I meant was the game distinguish  both use of sweater and killing Jason, since the game just tracks if the sweater was used regardless of kill Jason or not.    I don't know if kneel stun is track, since I've never seen any indicator for it and can't look at the game's code.

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:47 PM, GeneiJin said:

What I meant was the game distinguish  both use of sweater and killing Jason, since the game just tracks if the sweater was used regardless of kill Jason or not.    I don't know if kneel stun is track, since I've never seen any indicator for it and can't look at the game's code.

It would be easy enough to track either way... sweater use only counting if the J kill happens in the game. Either way, its a moot point as long as no new content is a thing. Even with Mr. Miller winning the lawsuit... Mr. Cunningham will most likely appeal the decision and drag that shit out for years to come... which is a shame, not just regarding content for the game... but no new movies will happen either.

52 minutes ago, Ahab said:

It would be easy enough to track either way... sweater use only counting if the J kill happens in the game. Either way, its a moot point as long as no new content is a thing. Even with Mr. Miller winning the lawsuit... Mr. Cunningham will most likely appeal the decision and drag that shit out for years to come... which is a shame, not just regarding content for the game... but no new movies will happen either.

Yea, that was what I was getting at.  I would imagine it wouldn't be hard to add a if clause, if Jason was killed and checks what player used the sweater to count it as such.  Personally, I'm ok with just counting the entire lobby for the kill since sometime it hard to determine what contribution each player had toward it.  There has been plenty of games that I've organized a Jason kill without being ether Tommy or Sweater.  It would be nice to know that number beyond what is required for the badge.

• Like 1