Anonymous

Jason can shift to avoid getting stunned by firecrackers now.

Shifting through firecrackers have never stopped/stunned Jason.  Only if he walks into or ends his Shift inside the cracker radius will he get stunned.  That has always been a more experienced Jason users technique versus someone one the other side of a door, trying to bait Jason into a trap or firecracker stuns.

6 hours ago, RustInPeace said:

Shifting through firecrackers have never stopped/stunned Jason.  Only if he walks into or ends his Shift inside the cracker radius will he get stunned.  That has always been a more experienced Jason users technique versus someone one the other side of a door, trying to bait Jason into a trap or firecracker stuns. 

I think you don't have to be very experienced to know that you can shift through that. If I remember correctly , I used it in my second match as Jason.

But I think he means , he can avoid getting stunned if he shifts into the firecrackers…..and if that is true…. I am happy.

I thought this was patched out, and that it hasn't worked since they made it so you can't shift over beartraps

4 hours ago, shodan said:

I thought this was patched out, and that it hasn't worked since they made it so you can't shift over beartraps

Since when can't you shift over bear trap?... And why should you not be able to shift over a bear trap? And why shouldn't Jason be able to shift through fireworks?
   I have been able to both shift over a beartrap and shift through fireworks since my first Jason game... which I saw another Jason player do in one of my earliest games... or I may not have thought of trying it for some time. I do not remember reading anything about either of these things being patched out... but I have not needed to do either for a while.... Now I have to go and try it in game.... Damn!!

On 8/16/2018 at 7:23 PM, RustInPeace said:

Actually in the Beta and I believe for a while at launch they would halt him in Shift. Might be wrong about it working at launch but it was at least in the Beta.

5 hours ago, Ahab said:

Since when can't you shift over bear trap?... And why should you not be able to shift over a bear trap? And why shouldn't Jason be able to shift through fireworks?
   I have been able to both shift over a beartrap and shift through fireworks since my first Jason game... which I saw another Jason player do in one of my earliest games... or I may not have thought of trying it for some time. I do not remember reading anything about either of these things being patched out... but I have not needed to do either for a while.... Now I have to go and try it in game.... Damn!!

In the Beta and(I might be wrong again) perhaps at launch Bear traps would snag Jason in Shift. The reason it all Shift does is turn Jason invisible and make his character model fly forward in a standing position. He actually is still "solid" in Shift and can block doorways and counselors can't run through him. So back then because he was "solid" it would trigger traps.

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:01 PM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Actually in the Beta and I believe for a while at launch they would halt him in Shift. Might be wrong about it working at launch but it was at least in the Beta.

I thought fire crackers were just noise makers during the beta? Or am I wrong? I could have sworn fire crackers didn't stun him in the beta. And from my experience, I remember that you actually could shift through fire crackers during launch, but then again I could be worng. 

14 minutes ago, Dead Meme said:

I thought fire crackers were just noise makers, during the beta? Or am I wrong? I could have sworn fire crackers didn't stun him in the beta. And from my experience I remember that you actually could shift through fire crackers during launch, but then again I could be worng. 

Oh, you are correct, not in the Beta it was at Launch. It was one of the first few patches that fixed it.

10 hours ago, shodan said:

What, like it bites you or Jason just halts at an invisible barrier?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

.What, like it bites you or Jason just halts at an invisible barrier?

How is it any different then not allowing him to shift over a bear trap? Honestly, I havent  tried to shift over the traps, but I do remember people bitching that it wasn't fair that he could do that. I have to test this now. Normally I just try to side step so the councelor has a harder time running around me and out the door.

I was in the middle of amending my post, I have to go back and check. I thought there was  a patch that changed it  but who knows now. 

13 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

In the Beta and(I might be wrong again) perhaps at launch Bear traps would snag Jason in Shift. The reason it all Shift does is turn Jason invisible and make his character model fly forward in a standing position. He actually is still "solid" in Shift and can block doorways and counselors can't run through him. So back then because he was "solid" it would trigger traps.

Thanks for the info... I have only had the game since October.
   Although you are correct about Jason being solid during his shift... you cannot shift through any other solid object... I think you are also correct about the "fly forward" as he is not in stalk and you cannot hear him coming (as in his footsteps, not his music)... As the game balance is now, I don't think reverting this would do anything but throw the balance too far back to counselors. It is Jason that needs some love here... not the counselors.

@Ahab

Regarding Jason flying forward in a standing position, I believe my Beta streams captured footage of the spectator camera when it was toggled onto Jason. There was a bug where his eyes were still visible and it was quite obvious what was happening. After the Beta they made him fully invisible.

And I was wrong, you can shift through the firecrackers and traps.  This is true for the steam version