Sign in to follow this  
NightofthePodcast

Why the Lack of Communication

I'm not here to speak badly of the Devs, criticize the game, make fun of people, throw around falsehoods, or say "I could do a better job". I'm here because I'm honestly curious about the reason for the lack of communication. I feel that from a development standpoint, the respectable thing to do is update your playerbase and those that support or have supported you. I understand at this point in time further development of the game is off the table. I also understand that the Devs stated they would support their "labor of love" (provide bug fixes via patches). So why the complete lack of updating the community that has been here since Day 1? If the game has been abandoned, say that you're completely done with it and put it to rest. I know I'm not owed anything; I'm reaching here for any bit of an actual update. If I missed that update, it was an oversight on my behalf and I apologize. Anywho, do what you will with this topic.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, NightofthePodcast said:

I'm not here

Search Shifty Samurai on the forums, he answers your questions in his recent posts.

• Like 1

Yeah it was very quiet for a bit, but shifty popped in and gave an update. Still not sure when exactly update is coming though...

25 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Still not sure when exactly update is coming though...

Right around the time I get my AARP card.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

So...next week?

Pffft, I wish.  They just started fitting everyone at work here over the age of 55 for their golden parachutes after the recent sale of the company to a much larger one.  I'm so far below that threshold that Kanye West will be a grandfather before I get that AARP card.

1 hour ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Kanye West will be a grandfather before I get that AARP card.

So…. next week then?

But seriously... I might be a grandfather before we get an update at this rate... and I have no kids. This could take a while. I will start working on that.... "soon."

• Haha 1

Nice post @NightofthePodcast, but i doubt it changes anything or that you get much of a response. 

I am sure part of it is the fact there is always unrest and they prefer to give definites, while also keeping some stuff a surprise. It is bad practice though to ignore some of the fans that have been here since 2015-release. You would think at this point they would want to keep people interested and talk a little about what they are working on.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Yeah it was very quiet for a bit, but shifty popped in and gave an update. Still not sure when exactly update is coming though...

Soon.

4 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Nice post @NightofthePodcast, but i doubt it changes anything or that you get much of a response. 

I am sure part of it is the fact there is always unrest and they prefer to give definites, while also keeping some stuff a surprise. It is bad practice though to ignore some of the fans that have been here since 2015-release. You would think at this point they would want to keep people interested and talk a little about what they are working on.

If only, the little that is done isn’t even a bandaid at this point in the game. I can’t say I agree with their ‘closed mouth/say nothing’ approach to the forums, I get why they adopted that policy though.

32 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Time is relative. I’d bet on the update happening sooner than the next F13 film hitting theaters. 

Probably...definitely not excepting that bet. Although it’s probably easier to get Blumhouse to talk about it. 

7 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

If only, the little that is done isn’t even a bandaid at this point in the game. I can’t say I agree with their ‘closed mouth/say nothing’ approach to the forums, I get why they adopted that policy though.

I hate the "closed mouth" philosophy. Since the beginning of their silence (whether you define it as around launch or the dilly dingus incident or even the Halloween costume pack) I have questioned why they don't engage their community more. It honestly stops more negativity than helps. People will post or respond with stupid shit anyway, its the internet. 

Its funny how much praise they got for dev diaries, community challenge ideas, content creator shoutouts to the community, or simply anytime Wes or someone comes in to discuss why they chose to do something. 

I personally dont see why they cant come in and discuss some horror flicks with us. Its their own forums. They have already chased off everyone with the extreme censorship, why not just talk about horror movies

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I personally dont see why they cant come in and discuss some horror flicks with us. Its their own forums. They have already chased off everyone with the extreme censorship, why not just talk about horror movies

That would be cool, not the response I expected but I agree completely. It is their house they should spend a little time here.

3 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

That would be cool, not the response I expected but I agree completely. It is their house they should spend a little time here.

They just renting it out to us delinquents.. ?

15 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Nice post

I appreciate it. I was hoping and have been hoping for some transparency with the updates, but I didn't and don't expect it with the way things have played out. Just a steady flow of communication in a dedicated thread without having to search the forums would be cool. Chatting about frivolous topics with the Devs would be nice as well. It seems like they only popup to defend themselves. I can understand players being aggravated and upset, but I personally don't see the need to flat out be rude and confrontational. The more people are rude and condescending, the more unlikely they are to respond and provide information. I get it.

22 minutes ago, NightofthePodcast said:

I appreciate it. I was hoping and have been hoping for some transparency with the updates, but I didn't and don't expect it with the way things have played out. Just a steady flow of communication in a dedicated thread without having to search the forums would be cool. Chatting about frivolous topics with the Devs would be nice as well. It seems like they only popup to defend themselves. I can understand players being aggravated and upset, but I personally don't see the need to flat out be rude and confrontational. The more people are rude and condescending, the more unlikely they are to respond and provide information. I get it.

Agreed. I think part of the reason they stay under attack goes along with transparency. 

One time a well-respected member here @bewareofbears once pitched an idea for 5 questions to be answered a week. Quick, simple way to effectively communicate with members and the community. Word from the forums spreads by mouth in game, so wouldn't it be better if it wete their words? By selecting 5 questions from a list once a week, you keep community engaged and build better report with people. Their choice of questions to be answered. 5 questions per week means they would work for a half hour on answering a question a day. 

Its better than ignoring everyone and leaving them to think the game is dead or that the devs dont care.

• Like 2

Why so much negative energy towards these developers ? They might be glitched in stalk and shift at the same time and we don't even know it :D

Somebody tell the host to leave ! Jason's glitched ^^

Edit: patches are coming ^^ pc gamers already have them , cant wait for ps4

2 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

5 questions to be answered a week.

It's a solid idea. At this point I would accept it if they answered 3 questions a week or even just gave a weekly update. Ha. (Lowered expectations.)

Looks like a patch was just issued on PC, so I'm hoping for a PS4 and XBOX patch either this week or next. Again, it stinks they didn't say "hey, here's the patch for PC. We're working on getting one out for PS4 and XBOX in the coming days/weeks." It is what it is. I'll still play game despise the shortcomings as I love the character and the franchise.

57 minutes ago, Ahab said:

@Bropollocreed79 Well.... I think I spoke too soon. Patch has dropped for PC and I am no closer to being a grandfather.

I"m on PS4.  Not holding my breath, nor playing the game until I check in here after the patch to see how broken everything is.

• Like 2