Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So I find whenever I find myself in a full lobby, there's always a couple players who won't ready up. Sometimes they're even speaking on their mics but still won't ready up. 

Do you think it's selfish and inconsiderate to other players to make them wait? I find myself hitting x repeatedly just to get the morons to ready up and they still don't do it.

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If a moron hits x repeatedly I refuse to ready up. Otherwise if the lobby is full, if not before it's full I will ready up.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Soggy biscuit said:

So I find whenever I find myself in a full lobby, there's always a couple players who won't ready up. Sometimes they're even speaking on their mics but still won't ready up. 

Do you think it's selfish and inconsiderate to other players to make them wait? I find myself hitting x repeatedly just to get the morons to ready up and they still don't do it.

Some people are just too impatient. I just enter a lobby with 2 mins remaining i like to look at player skill levels, see the counselors they are playing and then determine who I want to play as based on that info. Sometimes that can take a min. I will ready when im ready..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ready up quickly UNTIL I hear someone spamming X. In that case, I unready and press the PlayStation home button so I don't have to listen to the sound of X being spammed. I can tell you from experience, that is honestly the worst means of protest as it usually makes people purposely wait longer.

With that said, they need to revert the wait times back to what they were before the Pinehurst update.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

If a moron hits x repeatedly I refuse to ready up. Otherwise if the lobby is full, if not before it's full I will ready up.

If a moron doesn't ready up, i hit x repeatedly

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Soggy biscuit said:

If a moron doesn't ready up, i hit x repeatedly

Except hitting x repeatedly doesn't make anyone ready up faster it's just annoying. Would it be nice if people came into a lobby and were ready immediately? Yes, however people change their counselor or perks sometimes. What I can assure you of though is I'm not the only one who won't ready up after people start spamming x.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Some people are just too impatient. I just enter a lobby with 2 mins remaining i like to look at player skill levels, see the counselors they are playing and then determine who I want to play as based on that info. Sometimes that can take a min. I will ready when im ready..

Some of us really want to get our friday fix on

 

7 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Except hitting x repeatedly doesn't make anyone ready up faster it's just annoying. Would it be nice if people came into a lobby and were ready immediately? Yes, however people change their counselor or perks sometimes. What I can assure you of though is I'm not the only one who won't ready up after people start spamming x.

Lol gaming communities are just the worst

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Except hitting x repeatedly doesn't make anyone ready up faster it's just annoying. Would it be nice if people came into a lobby and were ready immediately? Yes, however people change their counselor or perks sometimes. What I can assure you of though is I'm not the only one who won't ready up after people start spamming x.

Same here. There are times when I have readied up only to see someone spamming the x button for others and that will always ensure I unready just to annoy them further. 

And sometimes I just don't ready up to passively aggressively "punish" someone. Like trolls who want to waste everyone's time beating up Jason next to the police exit, or like last night where we had a Jason teamer in the lobby. (They never were able to catch me, escaped by car in the first match, ran out the clock the second!)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Soggy biscuit said:

Some of us really want to get our friday fix on

Its 2 fn minutes. Will wait longer in a line to get a cheeseburger at mcdonalds..

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm guessing this "ready up" frustration is a troll tactic?

Play in Private Match with like-minded friends. I rarely see "ready up" as a problem there.

1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

If a moron hits x repeatedly I refuse to ready up. Otherwise if the lobby is full, if not before it's full I will ready up.

Refusing to ready up is only going to make the wait longer, and the match more personal for those who were made to wait.

1 hour ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Some people are just too impatient. I just enter a lobby with 2 mins remaining i like to look at player skill levels, see the counselors they are playing and then determine who I want to play as based on that info. Sometimes that can take a min. I will ready when im ready..

Impatience is a way of life for some people. Good things still come to those who wait. I scored 2 free pizzas by waiting, only because my order got screwed up twice.

1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

Except hitting x repeatedly doesn't make anyone ready up faster it's just annoying. Would it be nice if people came into a lobby and were ready immediately? Yes, however people change their counselor or perks sometimes. What I can assure you of though is I'm not the only one who won't ready up after people start spamming x.

It would be nice if people did what was expected of them. We are far from a perfect world, or an ideal on for that matter.

1 hour ago, Soggy biscuit said:

Some of us really want to get our friday fix on

Lol gaming communities are just the worst

The community for this game might be the worst I've seen in a long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wait until the lobby is full, which doesn't really take that long. And as someone else pointed out, it's only two minutes. Some people like the two minutes, for a quick trip to the bathroom or fridge.

I've had enough matches where I become Jason and there are only 2 or 3 counselors to kill, because we all readied up to early...what a waste of a Jason turn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright , alright .

Wanna know how to deal with these long time no tick players?

There's a solution for this as i found out long time ago , there is a trick , some sort of magic that WILL solve this issue , no matter what anyone thinks or believes...

Are you ready?

Get yourself a microphone, do NOT attend to spam X as these fantastic creatures (including myself sometimes) react very primitive , troll kind of way to such actions , so , give them a little time , turn your mic on and after ask them politely with a calm manner to ready up followed by a please , if they wont do it , give them a warning and wait until 0:20, then say "Alright , you all brought this on yourselves , Abracadabra! " (make sure you cast the spell at 0:16 for best results :D)

Spamming X works sometimes

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

usually when id do it its cuz im waiting for people to come in or im waiting for people to ready up and when they take too long i unready and browse the jasons buy stuff with cp or generally compare my counselors and perks and shit. i often forget about the match and ironically i end up sometimes being that last person that doesnt ready up. i think a lot of this could be prevented or fixed if you had the ability to change counselors / jasons / perks etc while ready.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think its definitely a troll tactic. Just another way to ruin others enjoyment by making them wait until the final 15 seconds.

Even better when someone leaves and the timer restarts, until someone unreadys/readys to reset it.

In terms of the customization. I do all that offline. I think it was a mistake for them to allow the players to do that in lobby. It should be stuff their forced to outside of lobbies. Course, the trade off is lobbies could be even smaller, but the way I see it. If you hit quick play, you should be READY to play.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

If a moron hits x repeatedly I refuse to ready up. Otherwise if the lobby is full, if not before it's full I will ready up.

Same. It's a spite thing. Just to irritate the person wanting me to ready up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Deadlytaco88 said:

I ready up immediately unless I want to change perks, counselors or the Jason I want to play as. 

I typically do the same. I may change 1 perk or swap out the Jason I wish to use. But If I need to redo my whole roster's perks, I'll do it outside a lobby.

3 hours ago, ShaunAburame said:

I wait until the lobby is full, which doesn't really take that long. And as someone else pointed out, it's only two minutes. Some people like the two minutes, for a quick trip to the bathroom or fridge.

A quick bathroom break or a trip to the fridge once in a while is fine. Having good bladder control helps out. Taking a dump before you fire up the game helps too.

1 hour ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

usually when id do it its cuz im waiting for people to come in or im waiting for people to ready up and when they take too long i unready and browse the jasons buy stuff with cp or generally compare my counselors and perks and shit. i often forget about the match and ironically i end up sometimes being that last person that doesnt ready up. i think a lot of this could be prevented or fixed if you had the ability to change counselors / jasons / perks etc while ready.

If you are browsing or changing anything, then you are not quite ready.

1 hour ago, Cer1alkill3r said:

Some people use the time to roll perks until the round starts

I tend to stick to rolling perks outside of lobbies.

1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

In terms of the customization. I do all that offline. I think it was a mistake for them to allow the players to do that in lobby. It should be stuff their forced to outside of lobbies. Course, the trade off is lobbies could be even smaller, but the way I see it. If you hit quick play, you should be READY to play.

There are a few good reasons to not ready up at first.

- You switch counselors because you don't want clones.

- You swap out a perk or three on the counselor you are playing because you are changing your strategy in a match.

- You change a Jason kill or two because you want to mix things up.

- You need a quick bathroom / snack / smoke break.

We're all human, so there could be other rational reasons why one doesn't ready up at first.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, undrtkr said:

Same. It's a spite thing. Just to irritate the person wanting me to ready up.

Not really spite for me. I'm just not going to reward such childish behavior. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

Except hitting x repeatedly doesn't make anyone ready up faster

It works for me.. Sometimes that bong hit really hits hard.. 

I hear that 'click click click'.  I snap out of it and ready up.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least it gives me time to mute their microphone because who cares about some rando eating crackers. Also gives me a reason to avoid picking up walkie-talkies.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...