Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Okay so before I start, let me state that I'm new here and this is my first post. I already know that this topic has been mentioned before, (I have read all the posts) but no one has ever found a solution, so I'm here hopping someone knows how to fix this. 

So yes, I play on PS4, every time the game makes me the host, no one ever joins, it doesn't matter how much time I wait, I can sit there to 5 minutes to an hour and nothing. 

I have tried to restart the game, re-install the game, erasing cache, I even restarted my console, nothing. 

So here are my connection details, my download speed is 60 mb and my upload its around 6 mb. 

My nat type its 2 and for my dns I have used the one my provider gave me and also I have tried others dns, like Google dns.

As you can see, it shouldn't be a problem with me being the host, but idk. 

I also have enabled UPnP, dmz and I have opened the ports. 

I don't know what else to do, I have read a lot of posts here and another pages (of different games) of ppl having same exact problem, but no one has ever find a solution. 

Now here its a little detail I notice and idk but it happened to me and a friend that has the same problem as me, we both use to have a internet provider but we decided to change company, we both used to be able to host without a problem, but once we chance our provider, no one joined our sessions. Idk if this its just a coincidence. Now, I know what you guys think, just go back with your old company, well the thing is that I'm from Mexico, and my older company only gives 6 mb/s, as you can see its nothing comparing with the 60 mb the other company is giving, if this problem goes on, maybe I'll go back, but still I'm hopping that maybe some here can finally tell me how to fix this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not know I have the same problem but no one answered me I think that it's all about the game itself not in your provider or internet connection

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DiegoRyoga said:

My nat type its 2 and for my dns I have used the one my provider gave me and also I have tried others dns, like Google dns.

 

Don't you need open Nat?

Nat 2 is moderate to strict i think

I dunno..  I have open nat.  When im host it fills up in 20-30 seconds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Don't you need open Nat?

Nat 2 is moderate to strict i think

I dunno..  I have open nat.  When im host it fills up in 20-30 seconds.

I'm not sure. With my older internet provider I used to have Nat type 2. A lot of ppl have Nat 2 and they can host without any problem. Idk what's the deal here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nibori said:

I do not know I have the same problem but no one answered me I think that it's all about the game itself not in your provider or internet connection

I'm not sure. Next Tuesday DBD it's coming for free on ps plus. I'm going to download it to test if this is a problem I only have with F13 or with all the games. I'm not sure what's going on here. I'm also going to try to change my router to another one. I will see how it goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m having the same problem and I used to host all the time. This started happening to me after the July patch. I have waited for up the 30 minutes multiple times and no one else joins. I’m not waiting any longer than that, I just close and re-enter QP. I’m also playing on PS4. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s 100% Nat type issue, more than likely OP has AT&T Uverse for internet I am guessing.

I have done some research on this and the problem is when you change your Nat type to open (with AT&T) it will allow others to join your lobby but the connection will drop randomly. Because of that I switched mine back to type 2,  good luck and if you find any permanent fixes, post them so others can see your solution. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I’m having the same problem and I used to host all the time. This started happening to me after the July patch. I have waited for up the 30 minutes multiple times and no one else joins. I’m not waiting any longer than that, I just close and re-enter QP. I’m also playing on PS4. 

Yeah the thing here is that everyone situation here it's different. Some ppl started with this problem when they changed their connection, others it just suddenly happened, others have this since the first day they bought the game. Still, no one has ever found what is causing this or any solution. The devs had never replied to this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, pro5pt0 said:

It’s 100% Nat type issue, more than likely OP has AT&T Uverse for internet I am guessing.

I have done some research on this and the problem is when you change your Nat type to open (with AT&T) it will allow others to join your lobby but the connection will drop randomly. Because of that I switched mine back to type 2,  good luck and if you find any permanent fixes, post them so others can see your solution. 

I guess you have a point. My company it's not AT&T and it's not related, (as there is AT&T in Mexico). I'm guessing you are right and it has to do with the Nat type. What my company told me was that the IP I have it's giving me a Nat that it's blocking others to join, but they can't open my nat bc I have static IP (not dynamic) so thats the Nat I have and can't be changed. (I don't really understand this therms but thats what they told me). So I'm stuck with not being able to host a single game. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay so a little update. As you know, Sony has given away for free the game Dead by Daylight, so I downloaded the game to make a test and see what happens (if I was able to be the host or I wasn't able to host in any game). My surprise was that I was actually able to host (full lobby within 5 minutes). So, I don't think that my connection it's the problem here, they are similar games and if I'm able to host in one of them I should be able to host in the other. I'm pretty sure that this has to do directly to F13 servers. I'm not sure what to do now because it's clear that my connection works fine so this is not something my provider can help anymore. Contacting the devs is useless, they don't reply to this, and Sony doesn't know why this is happening so... Idk. You do guys have found out anything else? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's because no one is playing, and due to no dedicated servers on console, people only want to be the host. That way, they have the power over all the other players since they get to choose if they wanna end the game.

So yeah, expect most people to be trying to host nowadays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DiegoRyoga said:

Хорошо, так немного обновить. Как вы знаете, Sony отдает бесплатно игру Dead by Daylight, поэтому я загрузил игру, чтобы сделать тест, и посмотреть, что произойдет (если бы я смог быть хозяином или я не смог принять участие в любой игре) , Мое удивление заключалось в том, что я действительно смог провести (полное лобби в течение 5 минут). Итак, я не думаю, что моя связь в этом проблема, они похожие игры, и если я смогу разместить в одном из них, я должен уметь размещать в другом. Я уверен, что это нужно делать непосредственно на серверах F13. Я не уверен, что делать сейчас, потому что ясно, что мое соединение работает нормально, так что это не то, что может помочь мой провайдер. Обращение к разработчикам бесполезно, они не отвечают на это, и Sony не знает, почему это происходит так ... Idk. Вы, ребята, узнали что-нибудь еще? 

I say you it's problem friday13th and and fix this can only developers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has happened to me a few times.  It's only been since the "new engine" update, and I suspect it's just the salt mines being glitchy and poorly programmed.  Shocking, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2018 at 8:18 PM, Daneasaur said:

It's because no one is playing, and due to no dedicated servers on console, people only want to be the host. That way, they have the power over all the other players since they get to choose if they wanna end the game.

So yeah, expect most people to be trying to host nowadays.

Not at all. When my friends are the host, we get a full lobby within minutes, this has nothing to do with the amount of ppl playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

This has happened to me a few times.  It's only been since the "new engine" update, and I suspect it's just the salt mines being glitchy and poorly programmed.  Shocking, right?

I don't think so since there are ppl having this issue since the first time the bought the game, plus this issue have been around before even the salt mines where mentioned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay I have found the solution. I don't know if this will work for you but this fixed my problem. I called my internet provider and they told me that even tho my nat on PS4 was type 2, my Nat was actually strict. With this Nat I'm able to join but I'm unable to host (when you have strict Nat, only people with open Nat can join your host, but since most of the players use moderate, you always going to get an empty lobby). So, I asked if I could have an open Nat, and they told me that this wasn't possible bc the IP that I have,  has this type of Nat, and I couldn't change it, I needed it to have a dynamic IP, so that the Nat that I have wouldn't be strict. (I'm not an expert in this topic so I'm just telling you what they told me). So after 2 hours of arguing with them on the phone, they told they were going to give the freaking dynamic IP. So they did, they open the ports in that IP. And guess what? Full lobby within 5 minutes. So I suggest you call you internet provider and tell them to open your Nat or give you a dynamic IP.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2018 at 4:59 AM, DiegoRyoga said:

Okay so before I start, let me state that I'm new here and this is my first post. I already know that this topic has been mentioned before, (I have read all the posts) but no one has ever found a solution, so I'm here hopping someone knows how to fix this. 

So yes, I play on PS4, every time the game makes me the host, no one ever joins, it doesn't matter how much time I wait, I can sit there to 5 minutes to an hour and nothing. 

I have tried to restart the game, re-install the game, erasing cache, I even restarted my console, nothing. 

So here are my connection details, my download speed is 60 mb and my upload its around 6 mb. 

My nat type its 2 and for my dns I have used the one my provider gave me and also I have tried others dns, like Google dns.

As you can see, it shouldn't be a problem with me being the host, but idk. 

I also have enabled UPnP, dmz and I have opened the ports. 

I don't know what else to do, I have read a lot of posts here and another pages (of different games) of ppl having same exact problem, but no one has ever find a solution. 

Now here its a little detail I notice and idk but it happened to me and a friend that has the same problem as me, we both use to have a internet provider but we decided to change company, we both used to be able to host without a problem, but once we chance our provider, no one joined our sessions. Idk if this its just a coincidence. Now, I know what you guys think, just go back with your old company, well the thing is that I'm from Mexico, and my older company only gives 6 mb/s, as you can see its nothing comparing with the 60 mb the other company is giving, if this problem goes on, maybe I'll go back, but still I'm hopping that maybe some here can finally tell me how to fix this.

I’ve had this problem on PS4 since day 1 a year ago! I just back out and re enter until I’m not the host! I tried the open NAT trick but heard that bad for viruses!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

I’ve had this problem on PS4 since day 1 a year ago! I just back out and re enter until I’m not the host! I tried the open NAT trick but heard that bad for viruses!

Yes and no. Open NAT should not be enabled on your computer or other device like your PCs, tablets or phones, this NAT its only recommended on consoles only. 

So they only way to have an Open Nat or at least a moderate one, you need to call you internet provider, they are the only ones who can open your NAT. Don't trust you tube tutorials, as every company its different and what works in one state, won't work on other, so call your company and tell them this issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...