Jump to content
DrLeatherface

This can't be a coincidence..

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

I also like the Halloween movie WAY over F13...but that is a different argument entirely.

I would say your bias about DBD revolves directly into your favorite slasher.

the music and being able to chase/ stalk as Myers is incredibly satisfying......

I also love the Halloween movies and am an even bigger geek about them.

but in my opinion the gameplay between both games differs so much in that to me DBD gets repetitive far quicker than F13....more content doesn’t = better...

I will agree that DBD has simpler gameplay which may make it easier to develop which in turn helps to not introduce more bugs/ glitches.

I don’t care if you enjoy it more or that you feel it’s Better..... you just won’t be able to convince me or others of that ....we have played it. And have formed our opinions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Memento Mori = Fatality = Kill. All are actually the same but some are better. It goes like this Fatality < Kills in F13 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Memento Mori's. I am comparing them because they are both brutal games (if you can call DbD that). Kill is kill. (And have you never played MK? Because you should clearly know that , that was a Fatality and not a X-Ray)

Because it is in first Person doesn't excuse that it Looks horrible and doesn't even hit the Body. There was once a glitch where the counselor where sliding all over the place during but that is no more. And you are not going to tell me that this is not funny :

 

Or the next other 2. 

Also if Jason rips the arms off so hard that they fly away , it's just awesome.

Also he doesn't backflip? 

Look again , what else do you call that?  A 270 Degree backflip? A failed backflip? You can't deny what he is doing there , you can even see his shoes in front of you because he is upside down. Here , I stopped it for you a Moment before he backflips.

You must Play with horrible People then , if you only Play with those Kind of People. That kill from Part VIII is awesome , it's probably the least censored , it's a highlight! If you don't like that Scene , then you are clearly not watching them in the best way. 

Which Halloweens do you like more? Do you just prefer the OG Halloween over the OG F13 or the OG Halloween over all F13 movies? The first Halloween in my opinion is not even a bit scary or anything. Not even good kills , and barely any blood. Only it's atmosphere is good but if I want a cool atmosphere , I watch Part V which is still bloodier. But Halloween 2 is really good.

Not only similar , almost if not completely identical. So is Part V's. Part II's uses the one from the first one and not the second one. Part IX's is hated by a lot of People but many agree that what he has now is awesome. Also , all Zombie Jason's have a different score. They couldn't get 2 because Harry Manfredini didn't compose them.

I got the X-Ray and Fatality mixed up. I like MK but there is a difference between survival horror and a straight up fighting game. Not particularly the same genre. I don’t expect to see the same physics in DBD or F13 that I do in MK.

You mean the backflip when he slashes him? Oh...I find that funny, same way you find ragdolling counselors funny. I thought you meant after he was dead he did a backflip, sorry about the confusion. I just don’t find ragdolling counselors funny or awesome, it’s better when there body goes completely limp...a lot lote realism. Of course there is going to be clipping issues in first person mode, especially with an indie game...it isn’t on the same level as Alien Isolation you know.

Never said I didn’t like the head punch in the movies...I just believe it is an overused kill in the game. A LOT of Jason players will spam head punch, I’m soured on the kill...I absolutely hate it.

I like the Halloween series over F13. The F13 movies were extremely cheesy in retrospect. Of course they have their place in the horror genre but Halloween is one of the OG slasher movies, Myers is the OG slasher villain, and Laurie is the OG final girl. The first and second movie built up suspense perfectly. I like Myers whole persona and style of killing better than Jason’s. Myers is a lot stealthier and quieter and just seems more unstoppable than Jason IMO. Comparing Halloween over F13 is a no contest when it comes to fear factor and who is more intimidating. Jason never scared me, Myers did.

Not a lot of kills? 7 died in the first Halloween and 9 died in F13 Part 2. Not a huge difference.

Why does everybody wanna see blood so bad? Do you just wanna see the horrible kills from F13 Part 1 that are done offscreen with a huge zoomed in shot of the victim then you just see blood splash all over the place? I’ve never looked for blood or gore, if I wanna see that I’ll watch Saw.

Part 9’s theme is weak, sounds like church bells. Part 7 is really good along with Savini. Part 6 is irritating and Part 8 blows out your eardrums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Memento Mori = Fatality = Kill. All are actually the same but some are better. It goes like this Fatality < Kills in F13 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Memento Mori's. I am comparing them because they are both brutal games (if you can call DbD that). Kill is kill. (And have you never played MK? Because you should clearly know that , that was a Fatality and not a X-Ray)

Because it is in first Person doesn't excuse that it Looks horrible and doesn't even hit the Body. There was once a glitch where the counselor where sliding all over the place during but that is no more. And you are not going to tell me that this is not funny :

 

Or the next other 2. 

Also if Jason rips the arms off so hard that they fly away , it's just awesome.

Also he doesn't backflip? 

Look again , what else do you call that?  A 270 Degree backflip? A failed backflip? You can't deny what he is doing there , you can even see his shoes in front of you because he is upside down. Here , I stopped it for you a Moment before he backflips.

You must Play with horrible People then , if you only Play with those Kind of People. That kill from Part VIII is awesome , it's probably the least censored , it's a highlight! If you don't like that Scene , then you are clearly not watching them in the best way. 

Which Halloweens do you like more? Do you just prefer the OG Halloween over the OG F13 or the OG Halloween over all F13 movies? The first Halloween in my opinion is not even a bit scary or anything. Not even good kills , and barely any blood. Only it's atmosphere is good but if I want a cool atmosphere , I watch Part V which is still bloodier. But Halloween 2 is really good.

Not only similar , almost if not completely identical. So is Part V's. Part II's uses the one from the first one and not the second one. Part IX's is hated by a lot of People but many agree that what he has now is awesome. Also , all Zombie Jason's have a different score. They couldn't get 2 because Harry Manfredini didn't compose them.

I got the X-Ray and Fatality mixed up. I like MK but there is a difference between survival horror and a straight up fighting game. Not particularly the same genre. I don’t expect to see the same physics in DBD or F13 that I do in MK.

You mean the backflip when he slashes him? Oh...I find that funny, same way you find ragdolling counselors funny. I thought you meant after he was dead he did a backflip, sorry about the confusion. I just don’t find ragdolling counselors funny or awesome, it’s better when there body goes completely limp...a lot lote realism. Of course there is going to be clipping issues in first person mode, especially with an indie game...it isn’t on the same level as Alien Isolation you know.

Never said I didn’t like the head punch in the movies...I just believe it is an overused kill in the game. A LOT of Jason players will spam head punch, I’m soured on the kill...I absolutely hate it.

I like the Halloween series over F13. The F13 movies were extremely cheesy in retrospect. Of course they have their place in the horror genre but Halloween is one of the OG slasher movies, Myers is the OG slasher villain, and Laurie is the OG final girl. The first and second movie built up suspense perfectly. I like Myers whole persona and style of killing better than Jason’s. Myers is a lot stealthier and quieter and just seems more unstoppable than Jason IMO. Comparing Halloween over F13 is a no contest when it comes to fear factor and who is more intimidating. Jason never scared me, Myers did.

Not a lot of kills? 7 died in the first Halloween and 9 died in F13 Part 2. Not a huge difference.

Why does everybody wanna see blood so bad? Do you just wanna see the horrible kills from F13 Part 1 that are done offscreen with a huge zoomed in shot of the victim then you just see blood splash all over the place? I’ve never looked for blood or gore, if I wanna see that I’ll watch Saw.

Part 9’s theme is weak, sounds like church bells. Part 7 is really good along with Savini. Part 6 is irritating and Part 8 blows out your eardrums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I would say your bias about DBD revolves directly into your favorite slasher.

the music and being able to chase/ stalk a Myers is incredibly satisfying......

I also love the Halloween movies and am an even bigger geek about them.

but in my opinion the gameplay between both games differs so much in that to me DBD gets repetitive far quicker than F13....more content doesn’t = better...

I will agree that DBD has simpler gameplay which may make it easier to develop which in turn helps to not introduce more bugs/ glitches.

I don’t care if you enjoy it more or that you feel it’s Better..... you just won’t be able to convince me or others of that ....we have played it. And have formed our opinions.

I don’t like player killer on DBD...hate first person mode. Being chased by Myers is just more intimidating than being chased by Jason. I know I can beat Jason’s ass, Myers I can’t.

I do wish Myers would have a game revolved around himself however...I’d love that. I know you are a geek about Halloween based on your profile name ?

I’ve played both games and have formed my opinion on each one and which one I feel as though is better gameplay wise. Meh...whatever you guys like is what you like.

However one this I will say is that the DBD community is TOXIC. The F13 community is much more welcoming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

Meh..  Last night i was in stalk hiding next to a fridge.   Someone forget to check the back door which a broke down a minute before.  So i shift stalked next the fridge and waited.

As soon as the counselor walked in i grab him.  (Jump scared the shit out him)..   Then quickly head punched him because it fit the scene.  His head landed on a on the dinner table.

Say what you want about head punch..  But theres a moment for every kill.

 

Some people are more easily jumpscared. I’m not as easily jumpscared, I’ve seen it all in this game ?

You had to head punch him though? There could’ve been a better kill then that at your disposal I am pretty sure of. At least it wasn’t the fucking window kill. That kill is the WORST kill of the entire game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

I don’t like player killer on DBD...hate first person mode. Being chased by Myers is just more intimidating than being chased by Jason. I know I can beat Jason’s ass, Myers I can’t.

I do wish Myers would have a game revolved around himself however...I’d love that. I know you are a geek about Halloween based on your profile name ?

I’ve played both games and have formed my opinion on each one and which one I feel as though is better gameplay wise. Meh...whatever you guys like is what you like.

However one this I will say is that the DBD community is TOXIC. The F13 community is much more welcoming.

I am with you 100% on a Myers game !!

I am all for playing whatever you enjoy! And will say DBD has loads of content and a strong following and has legit high points.

it may not be my cup of tea but will say it has good qualities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Some people are more easily jumpscared. I’m not as easily jumpscared, I’ve seen it all in this game ?

You had to head punch him though? There could’ve been a better kill then that at our disposal I am pretty sure of. 

Meh.. Jump scares can done by a kitten, if done right.  

 

Also the head punch was perfect for that moment.  

 

I think you played to much f13th, sober.. with too many try hards. You seem to hate everything..  

 

Taking a break, usually heals that up. And great weed..lol

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

I know I can beat Jason’s ass, Myers I can’t.

 

You can beat Jasons ass?  It takes at least 4 people to beat my ass when im Jason.   So that does come down to the player, not Jason.

Ain't no one beating my ass 1 v 1.  Its run... or die..lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

I got the X-Ray and Fatality mixed up. I like MK but there is a difference between survival horror and a straight up fighting game. Not particularly the same genre. I don’t expect to see the same physics in DBD or F13 that I do in MK. It's Leatherface CUTTING SOMEONE IN HALF? What do you expect to happen? Him just falling down?...uhm...no?

You mean the backflip when he slashes him? Oh...I find that funny, same way you find ragdolling counselors funny. It's kinda funny....but it Looks more stupid to me. Like he is collapsing and all his bones shattered. Then he goes on the hook , someone ''unhooks'' them and everything is fine again. Oh yeah , he has to heal first before going completely fine.

I thought you meant after he was dead he did a backflip, sorry about the confusion. I just don’t find ragdolling counselors funny or awesome, it’s better when there body goes completely limp...a lot lote realism. Someone ripping their arms off so hard that they go flying is flat out awesome and realistic for Jason. You can not deny that. He punches heads off and kills just by thowing someone through an open window.

Of course there is going to be clipping issues in first person mode, especially with an indie game...it isn’t on the same level as Alien Isolation you know. I can agree with that.

Never said I didn’t like the head punch in the movies...I just believe it is an overused kill in the game. A LOT of Jason players will spam head punch, I’m soured on the kill...I absolutely hate it. At best 10% of Players from my experience use only headpunch and choke kills. Having one for emergencies is no crime or whatsoever as Long as not spammed.

I like the Halloween series over F13. The F13 movies were extremely cheesy in retrospect. Of course they have their place in the horror genre but Halloween is one of the OG slasher movies, Myers is the OG slasher villain, and Laurie is the OG final girl. The first and second movie built up suspense perfectly. I know some People who just feel Nothing when watching that movie. And I am one of them. Maybe it is because I root for the Killer and you for the survivors?

I like Myers whole persona and style of killing better than Jason’s. Myers is a lot stealthier and quieter and just seems more unstoppable than Jason IMO. Comparing Halloween over F13 is a no contest when it comes to fear factor and who is more intimidating. Jason never scared me, Myers did. Which one is better just Comes down to personal Preference. I have some Young Friends and and guess what? They are a lot more scared of Jason than Myers because he just Looks at you.…..also , I adore and love Jason.

Not a lot of kills? 7 died in the first Halloween and 9 died in F13 Part 2. Not a huge difference. I did never say it has not a lot of kills.

Why does everybody wanna see blood so bad? Do you just wanna see the horrible kills from F13 Part 1 that are done offscreen with a huge zoomed in shot of the victim then you just see blood splash all over the place? I’ve never looked for blood or gore, if I wanna see that I’ll watch Saw. It is the combination of blood and death. You know the wheed whacker? Everyone was hyped to see what Jason will do!.....and we see a Teeny Tiny bit of blood for less than a second or so. That does not feel any satisfying , it feels like....sorry for making this Kind of comparison…..like having a super boner and the Girl just kicks you in the balls for no reason what so ever. Saw is just flat out brutal.

Part 9’s theme is weak, sounds like church bells. I love those bells. I Always think of bells of something Epic. Part 7 is really good along with Savini. Part 6 is irritating and Part 8 blows out your eardrums.

Yeah. ( I have write something here otherwise you can't Quote me).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Yeah. ( I have write something here otherwise you can't Quote me).

Did Leatherface ever cut somebody in half in the movies? I never did care for the Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies. The first was was great but after that...meh, not really

Alright now...let’s not act like there is realism when a counselor is injured. Have Jason slash three times with an axe then little Debbie hits him with a firepoker and he is knocked on his ass while she sprays herself like nothing happened. It isn’t realistic on either side but it is more so realistic on the DBD side since it takes a little longer to heal rather than counselors spraying as if it is bug spray.

Ugh...the window kill I’ll never understand how it kills anybody. Unless it is from a second story window.

Jason is the one that is going to haul ass toward you with a machete, Myers is much more menacing and evil. He’ll stalk you and catch you off guard. Which is why you don’t typically root for him. You WANT to see Laurie stab him and finish him off. I typically root for the final girl but I have stated before that I don’t see Jason as a sympathetic character since he is killing all the wrong people who didn’t cause his death.

Myers vs Jason has been done to death, I just like Myers more...always thought he was the spooky and more intimidating one. Also Laurie > Tommy any day of the week.

The weed whacker was disappointing, it depends on what kind of kill it is. I don’t expect a lot of blood from stab wounds, something like a reverse bear trap or weed whacker is a different story. Not to mention sometimes they have to tone down the blood to keep the movie rating down ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Did Leatherface ever cut somebody in half in the movies? I never did care for the Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies. The first was was great but after that...meh, not really I don't know if he did it vertically but he probably did once and he definitely cut someone in half horizontally.

Alright now...let’s not act like there is realism when a counselor is injured. Have Jason slash three times with an axe then little Debbie hits him with a firepoker and he is knocked on his ass while she sprays herself like nothing happened. It isn’t realistic on either side but it is more so realistic on the DBD side since it takes a little longer to heal rather than counselors spraying as if it is bug spray. 

Ugh...the window kill I’ll never understand how it kills anybody. Maybe he is manipulating gravity in the last second before she falls to the Ground and suddenly she crashes and shatters all bones? (Now that kill is kinda cool , lol.)

Unless it is from a second story window.

Jason is the one that is going to haul ass toward you with a machete, Myers is much more menacing and evil. He’ll stalk you and catch you off guard. Which is why you don’t typically root for him. You WANT to see Laurie stab him and finish him off. I typically root for the final girl but I have stated before that I don’t see Jason as a sympathetic character since he is killing all the wrong people who didn’t cause his death. But I kinda did root for him in the first two…..

Myers vs Jason has been done to death, I just like Myers more...always thought he was the spooky and more intimidating one.

okCcOAW.png

If that Thing would look at me , it wouldn't intimidate me , it would penetrate my Soul! I would shit so hard , I would fly to moon! That would not happen if I see a White Captain Kirk mask.

Now let's see who is more intimadating :

This brutal Boy : 

LCvgSbp.png

Or this sneaky Boy :

I0otnVd.jpg

In my opinion , Jason can look much more menacing and intimidating. But Michael can also look Pretty creepy. And the Scream mask is the Thing nightmares are made of. 

Quote

Also Laurie > Tommy any day of the week. In my opinion , to me Tommy is much more of an badass than Laurie. But she is more fleshed out.

The weed whacker was disappointing, it depends on what kind of kill it is. I don’t expect a lot of blood from stab wounds, something like a reverse bear trap or weed whacker is a different story. Not to mention sometimes they have to tone down the blood to keep the movie rating down ? If you root for the Killer you want him to do good and you want to see what and how he does it.

You also double posted the same post accidentally , and it's a ton of text , so I would look and delete it. In the end it was actually a quadruple post but those have importance in them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2018 at 2:13 PM, OCT 31 1978 said:

His opinion is just a valid as yours.

he enjoys F13 more and is unimpressed with DBD.... it’s his opinion.

yours is on the opposite spectrum.....

the opinion you have about part 9 music vs 3 and 4 comes down to what each players personal preferences are.

and all of the non kills in DBD are Unsatisfying..... you mentioned 2 out of nearly 100 kills in the game....

the only thing I agree with you on your post is your quote “ in the end it is what you like best.”

His opinion is just opinions, whereas @JennyMyers1984 uses facts and doesn’t use the same argument, so it isn’t valid. Ones valid, the other is a bias. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

In my opinion , Jason can look much more menacing and intimidating. But Michael can also look Pretty creepy. And the Scream mask is the Thing nightmares are made of. 

You also double posted the same post accidentally , and it's a ton of text , so I would look and delete it. In the end it was actually a quadruple post but those have importance in them.

I accidentally doubled posted...sorry about that

Why would a dude in a hockey mask scare me? You think a hockey mask is scary and I think the emotionless white face is scary. Never found the hockey mask to be scary in the slightest bit, the sackhead was spookier than the hockey mask. Even though got a glimpse of Myers under the mask, it was for a split second. They protected his character much more than Jason. Jason just look straight up goofy without his mask. Part 6, and 7 are the only ones that could really considered “scary” all the rest are goofy looking. ESPECIALLY Part 3 and Part 8.

Jason never scared me as a child, just not my cup of tea. Ghostface from Scream did however.

Laurie is the OG final character. Beat Myers on multiple occasions and was a badass in every movie she was in. Tommy is a badass as well but Laurie is just a better character all round in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

His opinion is just opinions, whereas @JennyMyers1984 uses facts and doesn’t use the same argument, so it isn’t valid. Ones valid, the other is a bias. 

I consider it 'valid' biased opinion and facts.   With just a little bit of xxxtra hot sauce sprinkled in, to give you heart burn.

 

As if being bias toward the game I enjoy more, on its own forum is wrong or something,,  Ya, i am biased.. Soooo whaaat?. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Laurie is the OG final character. Beat Myers on multiple occasions and was a badass in every movie she was in. Tommy is a badass as well but Laurie is just a better character all round in my opinion.

Laurie Strode spent almost all of Halloween Part 2 in a hospital bed heavily sedated and weeping. While she may have gotten two bullets in Michael's head it was Loomis who basically did most of the work in that film. I love Jamie Lee Curtis but come on that film really wasn't her best show case as an actor. 

Also Ghostface was just too clumsy and weak as killer for me to take serious as a threat. Why anyone chose to run when could just pull that little black dress of his over his head and beat him senseless was beyond me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

I consider it 'valid' biased opinion and facts.   With just a little bit of xxxtra hot sauce sprinkled in, to give you heart burn.

 

As if being bias toward the game I enjoy more, on its own forum is wrong or something,,  Ya, i am biased.. Soooo whaaat?. 

The arrogance is showing. @JennyMyers1984 Is using facts and bringing all valid points. Your 3 reasons why you hate the game is a bias opinion, making it less valid. Jenny won the argument, but you’re too stubborn and arrogant to know that. One game is dying, the other is still strong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Pazuzu said:

Laurie Strode spent almost all of Halloween Part 2 in a hospital bed heavily sedated and weeping. While she may have gotten two bullets in Michael's head it was Loomis who basically did most of the work in that film. I love Jamie Lee Curtis but come on that film really wasn't her best show case as an actor. 

Also Ghostface was just too clumsy and weak as killer for me to take serious as a threat. Why anyone chose to run when could just pull that little black dress of his over his head and beat him senseless was beyond me. 

Even though the script didn’t give Laurie as much to do Jamie lee does very well with the traumatized teenage character.... 

and Halloween 2 is the very best sequel to Halloween....the tension that builds to the chase through out the empty hospital is amazing!!!

I can watch those two and none of the others and be happy..

ps.... I love all of them ( except Zombies)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Short lived to maybe someone with an attention span of a gnat...... you are over analyzing......The map works just fine it creates variety in the map selection.

sight seeing is part of the immersion process..... the barn from the movie the clearing where big tits McGee got shears through the eyes.... that create more and more tension with atmosphere. 

combat may be important.... but not the most important aspect of the game no matter how long you’ve been playing for.

How does attention span have anything to do with how short-lived your immersion is? Did you even read what I wrote? Because I’m sorry to say you missed the point entirely.

In this game, if you are afraid of Jason you are dead weight to your team. Any knowledgeable player will tell you that. Combat is absolutely the most important thing to master, if you can consistently assert your dominance over Jason then it allows you to dictate the match rather than the other way around.

I also don’t think I overanalysed at all, I tried to provide a good explanation without making the post too lengthy. Talk about short attention span. For some people no amount of explaining will make them understand anyway, since they are simply too close minded to begin with.

I couldn’t care less about sightseeing, give me a map with some iconic set pieces / cabins, reasonably scaled to allow plenty of interaction / conflict, and I’m all good. Any more than that is just wasted space and that’s exactly what you get on Jarvis / Pinehurst. Jogging around for most of the match on your own, simply trying to find parts, is not in the least bit exciting for anyone other than the immersed casual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

The arrogance is showing. @JennyMyers1984 Is using facts and bringing all valid points. Your 3 reasons why you hate the game is a bias opinion, making it less valid. Jenny won the argument, but you’re too stubborn and arrogant to know that. One game is dying, the other is still strong. 

Jennymyers1984 facts are still rooted in a biased opinion.

more content for a more simplistic designed game doesn’t = better. It may be to him/her but not everyone.

I am not trying to convince others a to not play DBD if you like it play it....

just refuse to be told a game that I have played and don’t like as much is better than the one I do like better..... since that is all a matter of opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Even though the script didn’t give Laurie as much to do Jamie lee does very well with the traumatized teenage character.... 

and Halloween 2 is the very best sequel to Halloween....the tension that builds to the chase through out the empty hospital is amazing!!!

I can watch those two and none of the others and be happy..

ps.... I love all of them ( except Zombies)

Even Halloween Resurrection? Ewww. 

(For the record I like Halloween Part 2, I just felt Jamie Lee's role wasn't that "badass" in it.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

How does attention span have anything to do with how short lived your immersion is? At all?

In this game, if you are afraid of Jason you are dead weight to your team. Any knowledgeable player will tell you that. Combat is absolutely the most important thing to master, if you can consistently assert your dominance over Jason then it allows you to dictate the match rather than the other way around.

I also don’t think I overanalysed at all, I tried to provide a good explanation without making the post too lengthy. Talk about short attention span. For some people no amount of explaining will make them understand anyway, since they are simply too close minded to begin with.

Attention span has everything to do with whether you get bored with.....

(Immersion creating atmosphere.)

you said immersion = short lived I happen to disagree there are several aspects of immersion in the game happening at the same time...music, ambient sound....your character dialogue, Jasons ki ki ki ma ma ma.....

(((((and of course the map design.))))

..how far a cabin is the fog off the lake where other counselors are where objectives are..... and of course Jason himself.

and I agree that combat is important.... just not the most important aspect of gameplay.

and yes you did over analyze....you are trying it explains concepts of gameplay in how you feel is should be done...and how you interpret the maps design and .... just because people see things differently it doesn’t make them wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neither game is better, because what makes a game good is subjective. I prefer F13, but I'm not blind to it's faults or what DbD does better. For example  it's generally easier to get a match in DbD. There's also a proper stealth element. F13 has the extra element of combat and better graphics. Both have their pros and cons. Probably is best left at that as this argument is going absolutely nowhere. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Pazuzu said:

Even Halloween Resurrection? Ewww. 

(For the record I like Halloween Part 2, I just felt Jamie Lee's role wasn't that "badass" in it.)

Okay you got me I can’t watch Resurrection ...... at all.

and you are totally right she is not a Badass in it she is a survivor....which sometimes all a victim of something terrible can be...it’s a little more realistic 

aside from shooting out his eyes and him not dying..lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

and yes you did over analyze....you are trying it explains concepts of gameplay in how you feel is should be done...and how you interpret the maps design and .... just because see things different doesn’t make them wrong.

It is not a matter of right or wrong. It is about the most effective way to play as counselor, and the most excitement you can get out of a match.

If you don’t see Jason for most of it because you have to traverse huge sections of random areas where he will not be - since he is always patrolling objectives instead - then how can that be anything other than a boring experience? Honestly who is actually trying to stealth around hoping they don’t run into Jason these days? 

And if you are not afraid of Jason, because you are confident and experienced in your abilities as counselor, then how can tension be a factor in your gameplay? Certainly not just from simply jogging around a map. There are plenty of exciting moments to be had, but that is definitely not one of them. Unless you are actively trying to role play or something.

Attention span again has nothing to do with it, and the way you have explained it communicates to me that perhaps you haven’t played the game enough or advanced enough as a player to understand these points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...