OCT 31 1978

Wow just saw this on Amazon Jason x novels

Can’t believe these books are going for this kind of money....... 

I may even think about selling mine for that kind of dough!

• Like 1

Wow. Crazy.  They are worth whatever someone is willing to pay for them.  Like the Savini Jason skins on eBay.  If I would've only known, I'd bought 50 of them at $2.99 and made a killing!

The NECA Part V mask is going for crazy prices on there too. Granted, not nearly as much, but still pretty outrageous

This has kept me from reading the damn books, I understand they’re mostly trash but they’re so hard to find. All the power to the highest bidder I guess. I am most interested in the mask books, they look so dumb they could actually be fun. 

34 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

This has kept me from reading the damn books, I understand they’re mostly trash but they’re so hard to find. All the power to the highest bidder I guess. I am most interested in the mask books, they look so dumb they could actually be fun. 

I had this happen with some of the Batman Black and White statues I collected awhile back.

The Mike Mignola one that I paid $40 for new when it came out was selling for ten times as much on Ebay a few years later.  It was my least favorite one, so I had no qualms about selling mine for a tidy profit.  But collectibles are only worth what people are willing to pay for them, and this book is no exception.  You'll see it online again in a few weeks/months at a reduced price if nobody bites now.

5 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I had this happen with some of the Batman Black and White statues I collected awhile back.

The Mike Mignola one that I paid $40 for new when it came out was selling for ten times as much on Ebay a few years later.  It was my least favorite one, so I had no qualms about selling mine for a tidy profit.  But collectibles are only worth what people are willing to pay for them, and this book is no exception.  You'll see it online again in a few weeks/months at a reduced price if nobody bites now.

Yeah, or in a couple of years I’ll find out they’re all on kindle, and I buy one just to read them. I’m not that broken up, but it does seem silly that bad books are so hard to find, and sell for stupid amounts of money when something is a fad. Good call on the statue, too many collectors keep peices that they don’t like, when that they should pass on to someone else (at a tidy profit) who does. 

20 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Yeah, or in a couple of years I’ll find out they’re all on kindle, and I buy one just to read them. I’m not that broken up, but it does seem silly that bad books are so hard to find, and sell for stupid amounts of money when something is a fad. Good call on the statue, too many collectors keep peices that they don’t like, when that they should pass on to someone else (at a tidy profit) who does. 

That money was well spent on my honeymoon with Mrs. Bropollocreed.  Let's just say there are a LOT of antique shops in the Berkshires, and they have some amazing stuff.

i have many of the out of print Friday and Jason X novels,but i'm never selling mine.I enjoying reading them too much.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Doctor said:

You sure you can't just find .pdfs of these or something somewhere? 

I haven’t found any PDF yet online.

and the publisher Black flame went out of business back in 2008... these books are nearly impossible to find.... with out paying and arm and a leg, I have all the Jason x novels and the original Friday the 13th movie novels part 2,3 and 6. And they aren’t even going for as high as the Jason x novels are

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

and the publisher Black flame went out of business back in 2008... these books are nearly impossible to find.... with out paying and arm and a leg, I have all the Jason x novels and the original Friday the 13th movie novels part 2,3 and 6. And they aren’t even going for as high as the Jason x novels are

actually,they do at times.a few years ago i paid $175 just to get the part 3 novel by Simon Hawke.Needed it to complete the set of books he did,he wrote books of 1,2,3 and 6.

9 hours ago, The Doctor said:

You sure you can't just find .pdfs of these or something somewhere? 

I have tried, I set my minions on it but nothing, nada. They searched every dirty download list they frequent but came up with nothing.

I did find E.T. The Novelization, and Raiders of the Lost Arc both good reads.

2 hours ago, JF13 said:

actually,they do at times.a few years ago i paid $175 just to get the part 3 novel by Simon Hawke.Needed it to complete the set of books he did,he wrote books of 1,2,3 and 6.

I would gladly pay $175 for those novels because they are based on the screenplays of the films I just don’t understand a Jason X novel for 9,000.00 or 10,000.00 dollars it’s insane.....?

4 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Except for To The Third Power the rest of those Jason X ones don't look outrageously expensive? I was mulling the idea of whether you could contact Nancy Kilpatrick or any of these other authors about obtaining a manuscript but I imagine there's also some red tape because New Line Cinema.

@The Doctor

its a great idea for sure !

maybe the authors could set something up with amazon for a download version for kindles and such...

but you are probably right about the red tape with it being a New line property.

1 minute ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

@The Doctor

its a great idea for sure !

maybe the authors could set something up with amazon for a download version for kindles and such...

but you are probably right about the red tape with it being a New line property.

Even then, it's not entirely unheard of for some authors to do private transactions if they own additional copies of their work (especially if they were self-promoting). Couldn't hurt to find out, but yeah. I am still a bit surprised these haven't found their way onto digital prints, even if they were just rough page scans. I say that because I know how hardcore this fan base is, lol.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I would gladly pay $175 for those novels because they are based on the screenplays of the films I just don’t understand a Jason X novel for 9,000.00 or 10,000.00 dollars it’s insane.....?

yeah,usually people on amazon ask a ton of money for stuff,that's one of the reasons i don't shop there.A year ago i got the last Jason X book i needed for only $35.With Ebay sometimes you have to keep checking over the course of a few months,or even a year or two,the prices go up and down alot.The same with video games on Ebay,i look around for awhile to see how low i can find something in price before i buy it.

6 hours ago, JF13 said:

yeah,usually people on amazon ask a ton of money for stuff,that's one of the reasons i don't shop there.A year ago i got the last Jason X book i needed for only $35.With Ebay sometimes you have to keep checking over the course of a few months,or even a year or two,the prices go up and down alot.The same with video games on Ebay,i look around for awhile to see how low i can find something in price before i buy it.

True. It's very easy to overpay. Amazon has its moments, but I guess if nothing else it can also be kind of a litmus test for the value. The prices vary so greatly but tend to be a bit more static, so I've seen. eBay just requires a bit more due diligence. Don't know how many times I've kicked myself for not pulling the trigger on some memorabilia I've got that I could have paid less than half for. Live and learn.

• Like 1