Sign in to follow this  
DarkRicochet117

I finally played online...

So it’s been months since I’ve played online and the very first match I got I was chosen as Jason. I was playing as Part 4 Jason, which was lucky since the match I got put in was nothing but a shit fest and Part 4 Jason does more damage. Everyone else was in a party and they were ganging up on me.

At first I wasn’t sure what to do, it was overwhelming having everyone attack me and spam me like that. Every time I was stunned they would dance over me and teabag me. It was damn annoying but after a few minutes of struggling I finally got my head on straight and starting dodging their attacks and countering with my own.

One by one they started to fall to my blade until finally they were all dead and I had won the match. It felt great giving these jerks what they deserved. It was awesome. Until I got back in the lobby and everyone was talking shit to me. Calling me names and spamming my account with messages.

Its been a few days since then and I know they were just pissed at me for being good but it’s still annoying me. I just need some more feedback and opinions to help me process the situation a bit more.

Has this happened to anyone else? Or does anyone else have any other horror stories to share? 

This has been going on since the launch of the game sadly. When you can hide behind a computer monitor, people will say anything and everything to try and get a reaction out of you. Best advice is just ignore it and ban the people that spammed your account. Also, some more advice that Ill give you, play the game today and try to have fun, but on Saturday the 14th uninstall and let this already dead game just die. I, myself, have put 1140 hours in this game and have moved on to DBD. Thank god I gave that game a shot because it is a great time. I hope you move on to DBD also.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My advice is to move to a new lobby, not much else to do. It doesn’t really happen all that often, at least in my experience.

Yes, it’s common with troll players to attempt to group up and bully Jason, and can also continue after a match. 

I also had very similar situations happen to me. Just remember when these people try to antagonize you after a match especially one that you cleared the board and showed them all the trolling could not save them....it’s because they feel beaten and what to put that on someone else...

I always tell them “big words from the guy or gal that just got gutted by my machete”....lol

I even got salt from someone hiding before.....after trying to bully me  through out the match and in the lobby after said I was trash.... I told him “ thats funny coming from a player who died hiding under a bed...”

16 hours ago, humerabi said:

This has been going on since the launch of the game sadly. When you can hide behind a computer monitor, people will say anything and everything to try and get a reaction out of you. Best advice is just ignore it and ban the people that spammed your account. Also, some more advice that Ill give you, play the game today and try to have fun, but on Saturday the 14th uninstall and let this already dead game just die. I, myself, have put 1140 hours in this game and have moved on to DBD. Thank god I gave that game a shot because it is a great time. I hope you move on to DBD also.

I honestly think DBD has an even more toxic community...those guys never stop shit talking 

• Like 2

@DarkRicochet117 The piñata Jason thing is still an issue. 
   It took me a while to learn how to fight off the battle Chads effectively... Part 4 is my favorite for that task. Practice, mixed with patience is the most effective way to deal with them. It sucks when you are literally forced to slash down almost an entire lobby of counselors... and then they try to insult you for killing them. Anyone that has dealt with this before knows grabbing is ineffective against groups, yet they will call you "slasher" and say "you suck" for it... among other things.
   I like to point out to them that this is not my first time dealing with groups, as any moronic two year old could see with the lack of survivors... and if they don't like being slashed, they should try fighting Jason one on one... which is the only time the grab is even a legitimate option. I also call them noobs for even considering that Jason should not slash when fighting a group... this makes them even saltier. Who would have thought there would be people out there that think telling the slasher not to slash would work out for them in a good way?
   People doing this to new players are particularly low, and scummy... That is a good way to make some one put the game down forever... as several of my friends did the first time this happened to them.
   But you have to remember, there are some good people out there in quick play land as well... it is not all trolls and assholes. Its best to play with groups of friends to cut down on the numbers of trolls you will meet... but that is near impossible right now until they fix this group kick bug.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ahab said:

It sucks when you are literally forced to slash down almost an entire lobby of counselors... and then they try to insult you for killing them.

That doesn't suck at all!  Their tears are delicious!

4 minutes ago, Ahab said:

People doing this to new players are particularly low, and scummy... That is a good way to make some one put the game down forever... as several of my friends did the first time this happened to them.

If I were prone to quitting, I'd have done the same thing when I first picked up the game.  Instead of welcoming folks into the game and community, opportunistic troll assholes are all like, "oooh, fresh meat".  Then they berate the new player, with such clever insults like, "you're a trash Jason".  You kiss your mother with that mouth?  

When it happens to me now, I just laugh at their weakness and call them out on being a pack of cowards for ganging up on a mentally handicapped kid with a facial deformity.  Then I ask them if they're going to go steal candy from a baby next.

12 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I honestly think DBD has an even more toxic community...those guys never stop shit talking 

They have to talk trash because that's what that game's graphics look like; got garbage that's been used as an outdoor toilet by transient hobos.

39 minutes ago, DarkRicochet117 said:

Until I got back in the lobby and everyone was talking shit to me. Calling me names and spamming my account with messages

Hell hath no fury like the indignation of a troll served his or her comeuppance.  I hope you both blocked and reported them.  Sony actually takes that stuff pretty seriously, in my experience, so if you're on console, make sure you block their PSN/XBL account, and you won't see them again.

• Like 1

Yes, it's happened to me before. They started talking crap during the game. So I muted them all. Then after I killed them all. I received several messages cussing me out. I blocked them and closed lobby I was in and moved on. The best way to kill a troll is to ignore the troll. I never feed them.

• Like 3

@Bropollocreed79 The part that sucks... as I meant it, was that I could not use a grab kill until there was only one of them left. I just don't like being forced to slash down a whole lobby... and I find their tears just a touch too salty... bad for my blood pressure.
   My friends that I spoke of are not necessarily prone to quitting... but to a new player that has no idea how to play Jason... this is extremely frustrating. I understand why they put it down... I just have more patience and love the franchise... so I stuck it out. They are not fans of the franchise itself, but thought the game would be fun. I am glad one of them bought it though, I house sit for him when he goes on vacation or goes away for the weekend... someone needs to take care of the two dogs and three cats... I can never remember my steam password without looking at where I have it written down, so I just play on his account while I am there... The noob beaters are put to shame when I play on his account... just under or just over level 20. Level 1 or level 150... whichever Jason you are playing is just as good at any level.
   I too have used a similar comeback of cowards beating on the mentally handicapped kid... I try to be inventive, but I don't want to teach the trolls any really original insults... You should hear me when I am not censoring myself. I am a Canadian Drywaller... the kind of people I work with have the foulest of foul mouths... and some of the most original insults I have every heard (don't get me wrong, most of them are very nice people).
   Sometimes I am insulting the trolls and they don't even understand that they have been insulted... by that is a failure on my part I think... if you have to explain the insult, it was ineffective.

4 minutes ago, Ahab said:

.. by that is a failure on my part I think... if you have to explain the insult, it was ineffective

It happens to the best of us.  All you can do is shake your head and say, "oh, honey..." (from the eponymous episode of How I Met Your Mother)

• Like 1

I too took a very long break and had planned to stay away and stick with singleplayer challenges/offline bots until Grendel/Uber came.

With that not an option now, I recently hopped back in.

I've actually had a lot more fun as Jason since coming back. Sure tryhard Vanessas and hunting/time wasting squads still exist but I find the lobbies to be pretty easy to wipe or severly wipe to the tune of 5/8 or 6/7, etc regardless of the skill level. The only issue I've seen is the glaring issues we've talked about already, plus the new features like the spectator bug that makes everyone but a couple players stuck in spectator plus the random character/jason bug that still hasn't been fixed and is easy to spot....like when im Shelly over and over, hence sticking with random counselor/Jason for me.

My advice, stockpile throwing knives and use them up close. They are key.

I usually shift in conjunction with them.

1. Shift

2. Slash

3. Knife or Grab while they are slowed by the slash if it connects

This process over and over successfully burns up all the knives/sprays eventually.

Also make sure you have either the choke or decap kill. I used to think it was cheap sauce to use them and prided myself on not using them but given how inferior Jason is in melee and how cheap counselors can be in groups. I forgot how quickly those kills thin the herd, I use them until I know they can't be saved anymore and then I use other kills, environmental or others.

Also...if the lobby wants Packanack Small and your the lobby leader. Expect a dick riding troll/kill Jason game. Its a given, the good thing is with the random character bug, all these tryhard Vanessas end up with other characters, mostly Shelly, so the task is easier, even despite less supplies to use like knives.

3 hours ago, DarkRicochet117 said:

So it’s been months since I’ve played online and the very first match I got I was chosen as Jason. I was playing as Part 4 Jason, which was lucky since the match I got put in was nothing but a shit fest and Part 4 Jason does more damage. Everyone else was in a party and they were ganging up on me.

At first I wasn’t sure what to do, it was overwhelming having everyone attack me and spam me like that. Every time I was stunned they would dance over me and teabag me. It was damn annoying but after a few minutes of struggling I finally got my head on straight and starting dodging their attacks and countering with my own.

One after one they started to fall to my blade until finally they were all dead and I had won the match. It felt great giving these jerks what they deserved. It was awesome. Until I got back in the lobby and everyone was talking shit to me. Calling me names and spamming my account with messages.

Its been a few days since then and I know they were just pissed at me for being good but it’s still annoying me. I just need some more feedback and opinions to help me process the situation a bit more.

Has this happened to anyone else? Or does anyone else have any other horror stories to share? 

Welcome to the climate of multiplayer games. A majority of nothing but salt and vitriol. All I can say is grow thick skin and laugh it off.

Trolls get muted and I have my PS account limited so that only friends can send me messages. Stress free.

You know what makes a Jason Kill Squad really salty?  

Standing facing a cabin and turning around to throw knives at the group of them just staring at you blankly then quickly turning around to face the cabin again.  

I did this to one quickplay lobby I was in that had a Jason Kill Squad in it bragging about how they could kill anyone as Jason.  After going through 5 matches of watching them just kill whoever was Jason, I was the lucky contestant in their game.  I played normally, outside of letting them get the sweater because I'm a sport!  

They eventually got my mask off and I played the cabin facing, quick turn knife throwing game.  2 of them were limping - no one had med sprays or just didn't care to use them apparently - so they decided to try and time my turn and knife strategy.  They guessed wrong and I went to my knees with facing into the cabin effectively ruining their whole point of the match. 

I then killed the entire lobby while laughing and got salty delicious tears in the lobby after of them bitching up a storm about my antics.  I told them welcome to someone who knows how to play against a kill squad instead of someone who just offers themselves up for fodder or goes and hides the rest of the match.  Then told them if they are Jason and have a kill squad on them to do the same thing I did.  They said they'd never play that way and my method was cheap.  So I retorted it might be cheap but I sill killed all of you.

Then left the lobby laughing. 

I'm not sure which is more satisfying in this game, screwing with the team killers or the Jason kill squads.  Both are equally satisfying. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SirMang said:

You know what makes a Jason Kill Squad really salty?  

Standing facing a cabin and turning around to throw knives at the group of them just staring at you blankly then quickly turning around to face the cabin again.  

I did this to one quickplay lobby I was in that had a Jason Kill Squad in it bragging about how they could kill anyone as Jason.  After going through 5 matches of watching them just kill whoever was Jason, I was the lucky contestant in their game.  I played normally, outside of letting them get the sweater because I'm a sport!  

They eventually got my mask off and I played the cabin facing, quick turn knife throwing game.  2 of them were limping - no one had med sprays or just didn't care to use them apparently - so they decided to try and time my turn and knife strategy.  They guessed wrong and I went to my knees with facing into the cabin effectively ruining their whole point of the match. 

I then killed the entire lobby while laughing and got salty delicious tears in the lobby after of them bitching up a storm about my antics.  I told them welcome to someone who knows how to play against a kill squad instead of someone who just offers themselves up for fodder or goes and hides the rest of the match.  Then told them if they are Jason and have a kill squad on them to do the same thing I did.  They said they'd never play that way and my method was cheap.  So I retorted it might be cheap but I sill killed all of you.

Then left the lobby laughing. 

I'm not sure which is more satisfying in this game, screwing with the team killers or the Jason kill squads.  Both are equally satisfying. 

That’s an awesome (and cheap) strategy. Perfect for groups of wankers like those you ran into.

If i'm being ganged up on I just slash them. It always seems to get groups pissed off. 

If i attempt to grab them i always get smacked so slashing is a no brainer

Unfortunately people are assholes so this is a thing. I get the dog pile if you're going for the kill, but otherwise it's just stupid. Slashing them is sadly the only real option at that point. As for DbD, yeah that community is at least as toxic.  

19 hours ago, DarkRicochet117 said:

Everyone else was in a party and they were ganging up on me.

it was overwhelming having everyone attack me and spam me like that. Every time I was stunned they would dance over me and teabag me. It was damn annoying but after a few minutes of struggling I finally got my head on straight and starting dodging their attacks and countering with my own.

One after one they started to fall to my blade until finally they were all dead

Has this happened to anyone else? 

This is basically my Jason experience 90% of the time in QP.  Since the engine upgrade update.

Me getting beat on, trash talked and danced on for 2-5 mins.   And then i end up killing everyone.  And they act all amazed that they died/.

I really don't understand these idiots.  

I feel like i should start informing people in lobbies before a game starts.

"Dear players..  You're not special.  If i end up getting Jason and you waste your time attacking me and dancing, you're all going to die"   

18 hours ago, humerabi said:

That's harsh... I still love the game despite the disappointments.  Plus, DBD just sucks.  I'd rather just watch a movie as play that.

22 hours ago, DarkRicochet117 said:

One after one they started to fall to my blade until finally they were all dead and I had won the match. It felt great giving these jerks what they deserved. It was awesome. Until I got back in the lobby and everyone was talking shit to me. Calling me names and spamming my account with messages.

As someone who finally embraced playing Jason during his weakest incarnation IMO, you have to accept that forming a mob is a legit tactic for counselors to deal with Jason.  In a typically 3-hours sit down when I play daily, I'll run into at least one lobby who will form a mob.  Regardless of toxicity possibly emitting from these players, keeping a cool head, confidence, and patients are key in prevailing.   Even if they teabag, flicker flashlights, or dance, as Jason, I see right though it and think about what my next action should be or tricking them into a moment of overconfidence I can take advantage of. In the event that the cops have been called and have arrived, ignore any survivors waiting for Jason at the Exit Troll party.  If they make it there, accept they have "won" and walk away from them.  If they want to stay to "play" with me, I'm making sure it's not at a location where there is a literal exit and lure them away.  If any players manage to escape on me, good for them. 

When I play Jason, I try to embody the spirit of Jason Voorhees.  Whether I kill everyone, some manage to escape, or even if I die as Jason, I don't consider it a bad game unless they have their way with me.  I will not tolerate being bullied, and it is something I think about, practice, improve, and prepare against.  So far, not a single lobby gotten away thinking they can do what they want with me.  Sure sometimes the cops are called (not lately :D) or a car gets out, but at least they are playing the game how it was meant, getting off the map, away from me >:D.

11 hours ago, SirMang said:

Anything a Jason does that involves actually playing is fair play in my books when Tommy + Sweater is together.  As a Jason killer myself, when I am Jason, I absolutely refuse to employ strategies that I might as well put down the controller such as parking myself in the water.  If the Jason is moving, attacking, or making any action that resorts in counselors dying is OK with me.  Beside, even the strategy you mentioned here can be counter-played by a experienced and knowledgeable Killers.

3 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Dear players..  You're not special.  If i end up getting Jason and you waste your time attacking me and dancing, you're all going to die"  

Pretty much.  While mobbing is legit tactics to complete a objective or prime a Jason for the kill, in no way is it feasible to sustain it for the full 20 mins against a good Jason.  Jason will eventually wear down their weapons, survival items, and numbers as time passes.  One major drawback that isn't mentioned often enough when complaining about mobs or Kill-squads is with more counselors in one area, with Jason, less of them in other parts of the map actually working on something.  Honestly, majority of the mobs are formed by players not aspiring to do anything other than dancing, tea-bagging, and shit-talking.  Most of these players are counselors prefs whom overestimate their actual skills and never willing put themselves in a position that exposes them to the bullying.

22 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Or any game community in general.  Competitive or not, you'll always run into assholes looking to prove something for no good reason.

22 hours ago, humerabi said:

Also, some more advice that Ill give you, play the game today and try to have fun, but on Saturday the 14th uninstall and let this already dead game just die. I, myself, have put 1140 hours in this game and have moved on to DBD. Thank god I gave that game a shot because it is a great time. I hope you move on to DBD also.

I'm going to have fun with F13 while it lasts.  Unfortunate truth is we are all going to have move on from this game soon, whether it's a different game or other things in life.  I hope you have fun in DBD, that game never interests me.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, humerabi said:

Yeah I’ve been playing DbD in conjunction with F13. I like both games but at least in DbD it seems a lot more fair. I’ve had a lot of the same shit happen to me as the killer in DbD too. I exclusively play as Freddy in DbD so it’s a tough experience but I’m getting better.