HailWotan88

Is the big weapon glitch a ban reason?

I have this question since I have seen many people doing it, a big weapon have more reach, so is not purely aesthetic.

What?

Is it me, or has the number of lock-worthy threads quadrupled since the lawsuit announcement?

13 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

What?

Is it me, or has the number of lock-worthy threads quadrupled since the lawsuit announcement?

It has. As well as the amount of hackers/glitchers just exposing themselves.

If you exploit it then yes, it probably is. You can see what's ban worthy in the rules sub section. If it's the giant weapons you're referring to then probably, it does grant a significant gameplay advantage. Difficulty is proving it's being used on purpose rather than accidentally. See this quote from Ben:

"For those reporting; we need 100% verifiable evidence of these actions occurring. A video with usernames displayed and links to usernames is necessary for us to take action. A screenshot will suffice for exploits, however the best bet remains video. We cannot and will not take action without proof."

• Thanks 3

Oh come on, this cannot be a legitmate complaint to get banned. Ridiculous. It's hilarious to look at, it takes precision to even pull off, and the range advantage is hardly an issue.

Most likely the counselor wielding said weapon will end up smacking the environmental terrain or whiff completely trying to get the range right.

Same fighting rules apply. Shift grab / slashes using combat stance as both an aiming and blocking tool respecively. Sprinkle in throwing knife out of shift for deadly combos listed above. If you get in their face it won't matter. The wielder gets advantage at range, so don't give them the advantage. Keep pressure and anticipate.

Why murder fun when you can fight it and enjoy it at the same time?

• Like 2

I agree that it's a really funny glitch, it's had my crying with laughter when I've watched it on YouTube. Technically though, it can be exploited and an exploit is an exploit all the same. I don't know if you'd get banned for it, I don't work at Gun/IllFonic, I'm just showing people what has been said by one of the people who does work there.

Honestly they should be banning for it. It is against the rules, and all it takes is them doing their jobs, which is all anyone can ask for. Do your jobs devs and keep banning glitchers and working on bugs. Oh and answer us on client side saves.

• Thanks 1

never seen this, looked it up an appaerntly its been in the game a year or at least a video i watched was from a year ago so if its not patched after at least a year ago banning is pointless since the devs never patched it and as @thatdudescott said: 

11 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

I don't think they are really in a position to be outright banning players at this point. 

In a current state of this game, I think this glitch is funny, so lets have fun with if it's not an exploit, like in private match with friends, this can be fun. It reminds me SD mode in Goldeneye 64.

3 hours ago, Kodiak said:

. Technically though, it can be exploited and an exploit is an exploit all the same.

If I was to use this glitch (I wouldn't though) I would enlarge a machete and easily and safely demask Jason with it.  It is certainly exploitable and unfairly to Jason.  If this happens to you, just immediately park yourself in the waters and grab a beer (or quit if you don't care about taking the salt).  Anyone that isn't a douchebag will understand that you got scammed.

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

This a PC thing or on xbox too?

It should exist in all versions since they are all pulled from the same build.

3 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

If I was to use this glitch (I wouldn't though) I would enlarge a machete and easily and safely demask Jason with it.  It is certainly exploitable and unfairly to Jason.  If this happens to you, just immediately park yourself in the waters and grab a beer (or quit if you don't care about taking the salt).  Anyone that isn't a douchebag will understand that you got scammed.

Enlarged machete? Now that’s just cheap, lol. I've never seen this in game yet thankfully, but I have seen pics and gameplay of this exploit and it’s funny, but a very cheap thing to do, in my opinion. 

48 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

If I was to use this glitch (I wouldn't though) I would enlarge a machete and easily and safely demask Jason with it.

Not for nothing, seeing that J-Kill animation with Tommy using a machete the size of a telephone pole sounds hilarious.

I had no idea what the hell you people were talking about, so I went to YouTube and did a search. I assume this is it? If so, what the hell? How does this happen? Yet another bug, or a hack?

2 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

I had no idea what the hell you people were talking about, so I went to YouTube and did a search. I assume this is it? If so, what the hell? How does this happen? Yet another bug, or a hack?

Definitely a bug.

6 hours ago, Dolemite said:

It has something to do with (something) and then (something, edited by mods so that people won't go looking for it). And yes, I’m certain that it’s a bug. 

9 hours ago, ROGUE-Firebomb said:

Cry babies want to ruin all the fun. 

One could say glitchers want to ruin all the fun for those who just want to play the game as intended.

Leaving live gameplay repeatedly (rage quitting) is technically a bannable offense. No one has ever been banned for that so why should someone get banned for picking up and swinging a bugged weapon. If they don't want people using giant bats, then they should fix the damn bugs.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

Leaving live gameplay repeatedly (rage quitting) is technically a bannable offense. No one has ever been banned for that so why should someone get banned for picking up and swinging a bugged weapon. If they don't want people using giant bats, then they should fix the damn bugs.

And of course, this. They should have been fixing bugs all along, as well as enforcing the rules they have. But we all know how that goes.

Lol. Engorged weaponry. 

Is your girl teasing you about your small wrench? Well glitch that wrench into an Uber Wrench. With the Uber Wrench you can put Jason into submission and all the A.J.s and Tiffanys on the map will be yours hoping to get ahold of that strong and large Uber Wrench.

Trademarks held by who in the fuck knows these days. Provided by to you by GunMedia/Illfonic. Making Bungie/Activision look good since 2017.