Redcat345

The "save the game" petition thread

6 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

We are still working on bug fixing and dedicated servers.

I'm glad you are but still like see part x Jason careless about Grendel map. I'm wondering shifty what you and Devs future for game if you win Court case?

Then if they not going add any new things in game even if they win the court case. Then they should just make new game then because there no point in fixing a game they not going add to. 

It honestly seems to me this lawsuit was there way of Running Away with our money, if you knew this could happen a long time ago and didn't warn us that the game could be gone in the near future , I think I deserve my 40 bucks back. I honestly would've stuck with not buying the game if I knew it could've been lost soon.  The fact that your still doing bug fixes and maintanince FULL TIME but still not working seems that maybe youll return, and if so I will gladly not rant for a refund, but it seems so fishy that your still working full time on a doomed game. Hopefully your just fronting for the media about this and yours still working :)

This thread is useless. I understand the passion everyone has. I don't want to see the game just be abandoned either. But Wes's post is very clear, at least to me. ANY content going forward WILL NOT be added no matter the outcome of the case. I am pissed at Gun for even thinking it, let alone doing it that way. First off, the rights was obtained for the game. Second off, Vic has stated that he does want to stop the game. He wants future copy rights for MOVIES (not games). 

If the court case is between Sean and Vic, and neither care to stop the game; then why would Gun say they can not add content? It seems more like they don't want to, or there's more to the case than what we know or more than what can be press released at this time. 

I feel betrayed by Gun and I feel they have betrayed the fans of the game (with the limited info I have). But let's face it, ALL the S's in the world will more than likely NOT save Crystal Lake!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kepps-66 said:

This thread is useless. I understand the passion everyone has. I don't want to see the game just be abandoned either. But Wes's post is very clear, at least to me. ANY content going forward WILL NOT be added no matter the outcome of the case.

It's very, very.... very clear.

Very. Clear.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

It's very, very.... very clear.

Very. Clear.

Not to some apparently. It seems very, very....very foggy.

Very. Foggy.

hahaha

• Haha 1

On 6/28/2018 at 4:59 AM, tyrant666 said:

S

I have a feeling it will only be saved if the following criteria are met though.

1. Case gets resolved within the calendar year

2. Gun/Illfonic give up publisher/developer rights to someone else to keep it going, since they don't seem willing to continue further regardless if the case gets resolved December 25th, 2018 or tomorrow.

This is kind of how I see it as well.

As of right now, the best thing we can hope for is their commitment to keep the servers running for a good long time. 

While I can't see content returning, but the chances for a predecessor can be very high if the demand is there and more people will continue to stick around playing this. I think the dedicated servers and patches really need to come out soon right before the lawsuit comes to a resolution. It's probably the only way we will ever see this game in some other form.

S

Okay, facts I DO know.

FACT 1: Future Content CAN be released, even though GUN lied in their official final statement and said releasing future content was unclear.

FACT 2: There is NOTHING stopping GUN from moving forward with this game.

FACT 3. GUN made more than enough money on game sales to fulfill every goal on that Kickstarter Content Goal Chart.

FACT 4: Decision to end developement coincides with plateau of game sales.

@ShaunAburame I really appreciate your enthusiasm but content will not be released. This is the only relevant fact. It doesnt matter if youre right or wrong. Nothing will change. Just be happy this game exists.

16 minutes ago, ShaunAburame said:

Unless the lawsuit gets resolved , this is not the case for the near future. It´s sad , I know…..

11 hours ago, ShaunAburame said:

Okay, facts I DO know.

FACT 1: Future Content CAN be released, even though GUN lied in their official final statement and said releasing future content was unclear.

FACT 3. GUN made more than enough money on game sales to fulfill every goal on that Kickstarter Content Goal Chart.

FACT 4: Decision to end developement coincides with plateau of game sales.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

19 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Unless the lawsuit gets resolved , this is not the case for the near future. It´s sad , I know…..

They can work on the content during the lawsuit, then release once it is resolved...whenever that is...2018, 2019, 2020, whenever. And yes, after making as much money as they pulled in from around two million copies sold, I fully expect them to finish all the Kickstarter Content Goals for the duration of the lawsuit.

And, if they choose not to, then they are proving they made this game and used the F13 franchise solely as a money grab, rather than their original claim of wanting to do the game out of their and our love for the franchise.

So prove to the F13 community GUN, prove to us you did the game for the fans...and finish all the goal content.

If I was Sean Cunningham, I would be demanding all content be finished.

And also, what exactly is stopping BOTH parties of the lawsuit from going to the Judge and saying, "Both parties of the lawsuit have agreed to allow this game to move forward, so both parties would like to ask the Court's permission to continue developement on the game."?

How about that, I solved the DLC problem with one sentence spoken to the Judge.

10 minutes ago, ShaunAburame said:

And also, what exactly is stopping BOTH parties of the lawsuit from going to the Judge and saying, "Both parties of the lawsuit have agreed to allow this game to move forward, so both parties would like to ask the Court's permission to continue developement on the game."?

How about that, I solved the DLC problem with one sentence spoken to the Judge.

They would still not release any new content. Would say it's too late and everyone already moved on. This forum would literally melt down with hate

I don't fully understand what's going on, then. Are they allowed to release updates and bug fixes only? OR aren't they even allowed to do that?

24 minutes ago, yavonaa said:

I don't fully understand what's going on, then. Are they allowed to release updates and bug fixes only? OR aren't they even allowed to do that?

GUN stated they can and will continue with maintenance and bug fixes, but are currently unable to add anything new, due to the lawsuit. 

6 minutes ago, yavonaa said:

Here's the condensed version.........

Successful Kickstarter

Development

(Miller makes claim in court)-not lawauit

Delay

Complaints

(Cunningham sues Miller)-lawsuit

Release

Crash

Complaints

Promises

Complaints

Unfulfilled promises

Complaints

Engine Upgrade

Complaints

Gun stops development (blames lawsuit)

Basically, Gun knew about the lawsuit and never publicly stated that development on the game would end on a certain date if a judge hadn't made a ruling. Given Gun's track record for transparency and their lack of communication with the people they needed to fund this project, it should be no surprise to anyone that they finally announced cancelled development (thru a press release to a blog) on the very day that they already knew they would have to do so.

This has led to speculation that since Gun had prior knowledge of the lawsuit, and of the cutoff date, that they intentionally never mentioned these things (because who's gonna back or buy a game that may not survive a year). Once free to sell the game, they made a lot of money but still have not delivered a properly functioning game or fulfilled the KS campaign promises and now that the "announcement" is made they can use the lawsuit as their reason to not finish the game (as far as content is concerned) but have promised to continue to release bug fixes and have re-promised to provide dedicated servers for consoles.

To conclude, the fanbase is split between those that still trust Gun Media, those that would like to trust Gun Media but don't and those that feel Gun Media has lied to them and scammed the backers/players.

(This wrap it all up, folks?)

Disclaimer: This is not me "bashing" or "bad mouthing" Gun Media. This is just a quick & easy recap of the events since the Kickstarter and up to the aftermath of the "announcement". I mean no ill will toward Gun Media and any information recapped can (not so easily) be gotten by reading months and months worth of threads right here in these forums.

• Like 1