Lunacy

Make the game Free to Play

15 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

@The Doctor ps plus and xbox gold members do get preselected games for free monthly.

I'm fully aware of that. Let me clarify since I think you misunderstood. PS+ offers limited time game trials (I'm not sure how Xbox handles this since I don't own one). For example, right now there is a game trial for Killing Floor 2 from the 21st to the 25th of this month. Having game trials like this for consoles could increase those player counts, and, if paired with a discount, might retain some of those players. I wasn't talking about the PS+ or Gold monthly games for free service. In other words, they wouldn't simply just be giving away copies.

Edited by The Doctor
*With a discount. Not without. Whoops.

@The Doctor oh, gotcha. Ive always been curious about Killing Floor 2 and will definitely check it out. I know Rainbow Six Siege also does free to play occasionally and Im sure that attributed to its resurgence.

Good idea for the players (in the short term), terrible idea for developers. There isn’t enough dlc in this game to maintain a steady revenue stream. They make it free, it will die much faster.

I think revenue has basically ceased at this point. Im pretty sure all the people who are diehard fans of the series already own the game and that there is too much negativity surrounding this game to draw in new players. It absolutely cant hurt to add free to play fridays(at least).

I agree the peak earning period has passed. I disagree they are basically making zero. Most people, I’m guessing,who purchase this game are causal fans .

14 hours ago, HuDawg said:

I spend over $100 with one night of partying. If you think $40 is an outrageous price, you're out of your damn mind.

I don't mean $40 is an outrageous amount, I mean it's an outrageous amount for this game at its current state. You could buy a game like Dark Souls II for the same price, and it's brimming with far more content. If that game isn't your fancy, not a problem, but it's simply an example.

$20 is perfectly fair for this game, and asking for anything lower would be pushing it.

That being said, I do agree that free-to-play Fridays every now and then would be a good idea for business.