Sign in to follow this  
JasonKILLER

Idea on how to make Jason great against groups and the game

Here are my ideas that I think could help improve on Jason being better than what he is right now.

1.Make a new rule to the game where the only way to kill Jason is that,1 there MUST be only 3 alive counselors on the map, 2Jason mask can not be demask unless there are two or Three counselors on map.3 (Option) No one can enter Jason house unless there are only 2 players on the map.This makes it more fair so Jason doesn't get team up, damask, and kill in the first 15min of game. Making this rule happen, would force counselors to try and repair than rather try and kill Jason since Killing Jason should be a last resort, just like the movies.

2.Give Jason a new trap utility  or any new utility that could help him do some kind of damage to slow the counselor down from running all over the map or repairing.  Doing this would help With Jason not having to heavenly rely on throwing knife all the time since its kind of limited when dealing with runners. Especially the runners that have medic and thick skin perk.

3. Give Jason more knife then what he has right now.  Giving him more knife will help slow down the counselors from escaping or trying to kill him.Having more knives doesn't guarantee him a kill since it does take skills to throw and hit the target but however if use right it can be very useful depending how you use it.

4.reduce the space to place next to the traps. think it would be better if it was reduce just a little to help with trapping objective but doesn't have to be right on top of each other

5.(option) take out double medic from the game since there is another perk call Hypochondriac that lets you start off with a medical spray and it healing increase. Since most counselors try and kill Jason from the start by having thick skin, double medic, and hypochondriac it could make it a bit fair if double medic gets taking out of game since its not hard to get a medic spray to begin with in this game.

Taking some of these idea could help make it a little bit more fair for Jason when players trying to kill Jason from the start of the game, change the counselors mind about repairing the objective first rather trying to kill Jason,plus it help Jason have a better chance at getting kills.

These are idea that could help make Jason more of a beast rather than counselors not fearing him when they see him.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

@JasonKILLER I like your name. 
    Its good to see some more suggestions on this problem in the game. I have made a few suggestions in other threads on this issue myself.

#1 I do not know if this one will be met by much more than... no. It is generally agreed that it is too easy to demask and kill Jason right now... but making it only possible to demask and kill him with three counselors (or even two) left alive or in game will not help. Most of the Jason kill squads are only made up of two or three players anyway, and they are usually good enough to survive until late in the game. As long as they do survive until late in the game, they will still find it just as easy to demask and kill him. Others would argue against this suggestion for other reasons.

#2 A new trap utility? I am not clear on what you mean with that one. There was a recent suggestion about using the rope trap that was used in part 2 (the movie) on Scott (I cannot remember the proper name for this trap right now), but Jason would have to sacrifice a trap to set this up. There were also other suggestions for different traps to set up with the sacrifice of one of Jason's existing traps. But giving Jason more traps would eliminate the -Traps as a weakness and make +Traps a far greater strength than it actually is.

#3 It does take some skill to throw knives... but there are players in the game that are very skilled with knives. I have taken much time with target practice myself and rarely miss, unless I am having a bad night. I think as you probably play a counselor more than you play Jason just like the rest of us... you might regret requesting this one if it were implemented.

#4 It may be better that Jason can kick a used trap out of the way or otherwise move a used trap as others have suggested before... There was a time when traps where stackable... it was not pretty. All this will accomplish is that the cops never get called. People see so many traps in an area, they just abandon that objective and work another one anyway, in which case the traps were wasted. When I play Jason I use -Traps Jason variants and never place more than one trap at any objective. One is enough. But it would be nice to place a trap in the correct spot after one is sprung instead of being limited on your placement by the used trap.
    Also, when players cannot repair objectives because there are just too many traps to deal with, they turn to grouping up on Jason and using him as a piñata for as long as possible... also not fun... and I do believe that is what you are trying to prevent with your suggestions.

#5 There was a recent thread with a poll on whether or not to nerf medic.... I do believe it was an overwhelming no. There was also a suggestion in that thread by @dandop1984 (if I remember correctly) for a nerf to medic... the suggestion was that it would only double the first med spray that you picked up. I thought this was a great idea for a medic nerf without getting rid of the perk entirely. With the amount of med sprays in game, medic does seem rather over powered. Unfortunately, much of the community is against even the thought of any nerf to medic, but I do not think dandrop's suggestion was read or even considered by many people in that thread.... For the record, I still think it is a good idea.

There have been many other suggestions on how to deal with this. They are usually met with extremely heavy resistance from people that enjoy beating on Jason. Keep trying to come up with ideas... others keep making suggestions as well. Perhaps the answer will be found one day... The question is, if the answer was found, would it be implemented?

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:08 AM, Ahab said:

#5 There was a recent thread with a poll on whether or not to nerf medic.... I do believe it was an overwhelming no. There was also a suggestion in that thread by @dandop1984 (if I remember correctly) for a nerf to medic... the suggestion was that it would only double the first med spray that you picked up. I thought this was a great idea for a medic nerf without getting rid of the perk entirely. With the amount of med sprays in game, medic does seem rather over powered. Unfortunately, much of the community is against even the thought of any nerf to medic, but I do not think dandrop's suggestion was read or even considered by many people in that thread.... For the record, I still think it is a good idea.

If it would have had an Option to nerf , then nerfing it would have been probably the most popular one.

I think 80% said no.

I was really surprised. 

I completely agree that killing Jason should always be an absolute last resort, and therefore should be MUCH harder to do. It annoys me how people get into a game with their friends and before the game even starts they're on mics going, "hey guys, wanna help me kill Jason?" Like it's just a casual thing to do every single game.

37 minutes ago, JasonLives86 said:

I completely agree that killing Jason should always be an absolute last resort, and therefore should be MUCH harder to do. It annoys me how people get into a game with their friends and before the game even starts they're on mics going, "hey guys, wanna help me kill Jason?" Like it's just a casual thing to do every single game.

Its only easy to kill Jason because its too easy to stun Jason..  And to easy/fast for counselors to heal.

(my copy past solution)

With the new grab being so slow.. Combined with quick block no longer working.   Its made Jason a much easier target for group beatings.  

Also factor in perks..for easier stuns..  And counselors being able to stunned Jason 90% of the time.  And the medic perks.  

For me.. i can easily see that Jason needs a stun immunity after being stunned.  5-10 seconds is fair (considering its 5-10 seconds when Jason gets stunned)

Healing time needs to increase. To at least 5 seconds.  (Loop the spraying animation one time) .  To force counselors to move away from Jason, instead of just quick healing and jumping back into the battle, and to also respect the damage they have received.

This would push aggressive/combative counselors to avoid Jason more, instead of attacking him relentlessly.  

(People will disagree... i don't care.  Thats how i think it should be)  

13 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Its only easy to kill Jason because its too easy to stun Jason..  And to easy/fast for counselors to heal.

(my copy past solution)

With the new grab being so slow.. Combined with quick block no longer working.   Its made Jason a much easier target for group beatings.  

Also factor in perks..for easier stuns..  And counselors being able to stunned Jason 90% of the time.  And the medic perks.  

For me.. i can easily see that Jason needs a stun immunity after being stunned.  5-10 seconds is fair (considering its 5-10 seconds when Jason gets stunned)

Healing time needs to increase. To at least 5 seconds.  (Loop the spraying animation one time) .  To force counselors to move away from Jason, instead of just quick healing and jumping back into the battle, and to also respect the damage they have received.

This would push aggressive/combative counselors to avoid Jason more, instead of attacking him relentlessly.  

(People will disagree... i don't care.  Thats how i think it should be)  

Don't worry, I totally agree with you. Those 2 things you mentioned right there, alone, would help tremendously I think. I don't understand why the developers seem to have forgotten their original concept of the balance. Even before the game was released, they preached "Jason is supposed to be OP", which is true, I completely agree with that, that's the way it should be. But now, it's like they've completely forgotten that, and just cater to to all the people who can't seem to get that simple fact through their head, as they constantly whine about "oh Jason's too op, I can't stand a chance against him, I get killed every game" etc.

I think i might have killed this guy yesterday as i play to kill Jason every game. Jason's as strong as he needs to be, like Superman. You're likely not playing him right. I've been playing over a year and never been legitimately killed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

If it would have had an Option to nerf , then nerfing it would have been probably the most popular one.

I think 80% said no.

I was really surprised. 

I actually mentioned that the author of the thread put an option to nerf it in the poll... but by that time I and MANY others had already voted no. If I am note mistaken, the option to nerf it was added to the poll after that, but it was WAY too late of an addition... and the suggested nerf should have been required reading to vote... but it was also a few pages in, and how many people around here actually read every post in a thread?... The answer, barely any, but for some they just do not have the time to spare to do this.
   I also do not think many people even saw the idea I mentioned from dandrop… and those that did, where probably against it or any other nerf to medic. In my opinion, it is a perfectly reasonable nerf to the most overpowered perk in the game. I do not even use medic, I can't remember the last time I found less than 3 med sprays in a match and I often find up to 6.
   I was not surprised at all by how many voted no... most player rely on having innumerable med sprays to be able to survive at all, and to beat on Jason with any measure of success. These players will resist even the slightest nerf to it.

11 minutes ago, Ahab said:

I actually mentioned that the author of the thread put an option to nerf it in the poll... but by that time I and MANY others had already voted no. If I am note mistaken, the option to nerf it was added to the poll after that, but it was WAY too late of an addition... and the suggested nerf should have been required reading to vote... but it was also a few pages in, and how many people around here actually read every post in a thread?... The answer, barely any, but for some they just do not have the time to spare to do this.
   I also do not think many people even saw the idea I mentioned from dandrop… and those that did, where probably against it or any other nerf to medic. In my opinion, it is a perfectly reasonable nerf to the most overpowered perk in the game. I do not even use medic, I can't remember the last time I found less than 3 med sprays in a match and I often find up to 6.
   I was not surprised at all by how many voted no... most player rely on having innumerable med sprays to be able to survive at all, and to beat on Jason with any measure of success. These players will resist even the slightest nerf to it.

That Person was also me

Yeah but I couldn´t have just made another Topic Right after that and I don´t like some bullshit nerfs that almost make no difference and there are a lot of ways how to nerf it.

Only the first spray gives two uses? Wow , now you have 3 sprays instead of 4. But it taking up 2 item Slots would have been cool for me.

13 hours ago, HuDawg said:

I don't agree with any of what op said. Also the idea I quoted wasn't from op it came from a reply. I'm open to this change from this quote. It would stop the ganging up on Jason. I don't grab when i'm near counselors I slash instead to make them stop running. Also sometimes when you try to save a counselor your hit doesn't get detected sometimes, and Jason gets the kill. Hit detection is bad in this game.

9 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

That Person was also me

Yeah but I couldn´t have just made another Topic Right after that and I don´t like some bullshit nerfs that almost make no difference and there are a lot of ways how to nerf it.

Only the first spray gives two uses? Wow , now you have 3 sprays instead of 4. But it taking up 2 item Slots would have been cool for me.

Pick up one spray... two uses. Pick up a second... now its three instead of four. Pick up a third, now its four instead of six. There are many ways to nerf it, but how does this one not make sense. This nerf was not massive, nor small... some may have even agreed that it is not too much of a nerf... I am not getting your argument against it.... details are helpful.
   Making a new thread probably would have been merged anyway... rules and all. Sorry I did not remember that you were the one who made the thread.
   Peace be with you young Wolf!!!

4 hours ago, Ahab said:

Pick up one spray... two uses. Pick up a second... now its three instead of four. Pick up a third, now its four instead of six. There are many ways to nerf it, but how does this one not make sense. This nerf was not massive, nor small... some may have even agreed that it is not too much of a nerf... I am not getting your argument against it.... details are helpful.
   Making a new thread probably would have been merged anyway... rules and all. Sorry I did not remember that you were the one who made the thread.

Well , I think that the ''only the first spray gives two uses'' is just too small of a nerf.

4 hours ago, Ahab said:

Oh , thanks man!

True way stop conslors for teaming up make make Jason have true rage where all stats go up such as attack up, defence up, speed up, stun restiance up all ability recover up, or just make turn into part x Jason. 

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 5:44 AM, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Well , I think that the ''only the first spray gives two uses'' is just too small of a nerf.

I am not disagreeing with your statement... but you know many players would still scream "Its too much of a nerf!" I just thought it was a good idea for a nerf that at least some players might agree with... The amount of med sprays I find in a match is laughable, but I am still glad to have one or two myself... but as long as there are so many med sprays in a match, I see no need to run medic at all.... Just my opinion.

• Like 1