ShinobiFox

Make male counselors more useful

I’ve been playing this game for a while and I’ve noticed that a lot of people play as female counselors more than male counselors ultimately because there’s more you can do as them. When your a male counselor your only options are to either die or escape or you can assist in killing Jason but honestly they don’t even need a third person for that. I don’t know how many times I’ve been in lobby’s with all female counselors chosen. I propose adding another way to kill Jason in case there’s a lobby full of male counselors. It could work exactly how the regular killing sequence occurs but instead of getting the sweater maybe you could find a bald cap or when Tommy spawns he’s equipped with one to give to a male counselor since he knows it can stun Jason. Once the counselor has the bald cap they can stun Jason with it making him believe it’s his younger self then Tommy could go for the kill. Since the way killing Jason now is based from Part 2 this sequence could pay homage to the way they did it from Part 4.

1 hour ago, ShinobiFox said:

I’ve been playing this game for a while and I’ve noticed that a lot of people play as female counselors more than male counselors ultimately because there’s more you can do as them. When your a male counselor your only options are to either die or escape or you can assist in killing Jason but honestly they don’t even need a third person for that. I don’t know how many times I’ve been in lobby’s with all female counselors chosen. I propose adding another way to kill Jason in case there’s a lobby full of male counselors. It could work exactly how the regular killing sequence occurs but instead of getting the sweater maybe you could find a bald cap or when Tommy spawns he’s equipped with one to give to a male counselor since he knows it can stun Jason. Once the counselor has the bald cap they can stun Jason with it making him believe it’s his younger self then Tommy could go for the kill. Since the way killing Jason now is based from Part 2 this sequence could pay homage to the way they did it from Part 4.

Generally speaking, the female counselors have better stats. 

Deborah > Lachappa

AJ > Mitch

Fox > Adam

Vanessa/Victoria > Chad

Not to mention every male counselor has points wasted into strength which don’t do anything.  I don’t think it’s the sweater, it’s just females are better with the stats. 

I'd definitely like for some kind of reason to choose one of the guy counselors over a girl one with similar stats. I've had a lot of similar situations where a lobby will have only female counselors, and with the better stat line-ups and sweater, there doesn't really feel like any reason not to choose one of the girls.

It seems they probably just need a few more new male counselors at this point to even things out.

They should start digging more into the Adulthood/post high school graduate area since most of the current counselors(especially the males) are basically high school characters.

I would say get one more high school trope type based off of a final guy or guy from next door, which is basically Jenny's counterpart. I'm sure they can invest into someone strongly connected to either Nick or Reggie. Most people think that's what Kenny is, but he's really the adult/head staff. The final guys in the F13 films were mostly school students.(or very student like)

As for other male counselors to be considered, I would keep my radar on characters similar to:

1. Victor, Vinnie or Pete from Part 5. They've all had that brute/hot head look mentality they presented in the movie. Somebody like them could definitely bring interesting useful stats.

2. A snobby manipulative health professional like the coroner Axel from Part 4 or Dr. Crews from Part 7.

13 hours ago, ShinobiFox said:

I don't even use the Sweater for Kills, It's a Way for me to Save a Person Or my Self from Jason. 

(I don't trust Most of the Tommy Players)

@TiffanyIsBae The female counselors don't have better stats. I agree with Fox being better then Adam because their stats are almost identical with Fox getting the extra points in better areas. Deborah is not better then Lachappa. They have slightly different stats that support subtle differences in play style. Same for Mitch. 

2 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

@TiffanyIsBae The female counselors don't have better stats. I agree with Fox being better then Adam because their stats are almost identical with Fox getting the extra points in better areas. Deborah is not better then Lachappa. They have slightly different stats that support subtle differences in play style. Same for Mitch. 

Then why don’t Mitch or Eric get played often? 

Because alot of people make their picks based on the counselors they like either through play style or they simply enjoy them. I dont think Lachappa is better then Deborah or vice a versa. Same with A.J. and Mitch. It comes down to which stats you find more valuable. Also in the case of Mitch I think the original ten get played more then the newer ones.

11 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Because theyre weak, slow and have low stamina?

21 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Because they are unattractive compared to their peers mostly. 

For a couple of reasons the male counselors should remain secondary.

One, girls were always the heroes in the movies. 

Two, #timesup, #MeToo, #2018

36 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Because theyre weak, slow and have low stamina?

You proved my point. Thank you. 

They're also better fighters. Making them more versatile then their female counterparts. 

5 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

They probably don't get played often because people value different statistics. Deborah has more stealth, speed, and stamina than Eric, albeit by 1 point, but has less Luck and Strength compared to Lachappa, and more composure. And I use Mitch all the time. He's very good for preventing fear from building and is great at repairs, and has a decent stealth on top of it. 

And to be honest, male counselors are useful. Chad is a good bodyguard. Same with Buggzy, Adam, and you can do whatever with Kenny. Eric and Mitch are good at repairs, and Shelly is a great bodyguard for those characters because of his high stealth. The males have a higher minimum strength than females, but they are still useful. Like someone else here said, it depends on what stats you value more.