Sign in to follow this  
Brianzilla2004

Perk-related suggestions

I find the perk buying and selling system currently available to be a little clunky. This is especially frustrating once you've reached the point where you only hold onto rare or higher perks, and you find yourself selling back 99% of the perks you roll. One thing that would help expedite the process of selling back unwanted perks is an automated selling option for obsolete perks. If you have a directly superior or identical version of a perk you just rolled, an auto-selling feature could instantly credit the CP back to your account without you having to go in to manually do it yourself. This feature wouldn't apply to a perk that has a higher positive stat, but also comes with a higher negative stat, or vice versa.

Another thing that I'd like to see, which I'm sure has been brought up plenty before, is an increase in the amount of perks you can own. With 45 different types of perks in the game, being able to hold a total of 50 perks would allow you to hold onto your best of each perk, as well as any alternates with better +/worse - and vice versa.

I am against a auto-sell option mainly because you can have a red perk with a higher stat but a penalty and you can have a blue or lower perk with the same stat but no penalty.

As for the amount of perks...i am all for an increase on how many you can hold.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HateMe said:

I am against a auto-sell option mainly because you can have a red perk with a higher stat but a penalty and you can have a blue or lower perk with the same stat but no penalty.

I agree, my medic is only a +4%, -0% blue. I wouldn't trade it, it's like an old friend. 

13 hours ago, HateMe said:

That's why I specified that it would only apply to directly inferior or equivalent perks in the last sentence of the first paragraph of my post. For example, if you have a Grease Monkey with -12% car start time/+9% boat start time, and you roll a Grease Monkey with -11% car start time/+1% boat start time, it would be up to the player to choose decide which one is better. Or maybe they could hold onto both, which is why I also mentioned having 50 perk slots, which is 5 more than is necessary to have 1 of each perk.

13 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I agree, my medic is only a +4%, -0% blue. I wouldn't trade it, it's like an old friend. 

I stated that it would ideally be an optional feature. Perhaps a toggle to enable/disable the feature could be found on the perk page.

I don't believe I stated this outright, but the idea would be that this feature would only apply as you roll a new perk. If you're holding onto an old perk, you wouldn't be prompted to sell it.

• Like 1

@Brianzilla2004, I would like a complete rework to be honest. Rolling for perks sucks, There're a number of excellent suggestion on how to do it, here on the forum. While I'm not against your idea, it doesn't offer enough change for me to be for it. 

If your idea added a way to lock perks so they can't be sold, it would be more attractive, but still not a big enough change to be honest.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Brianzilla2004 said:

That's why I specified that it would only apply to directly inferior or equivalent perks in the last sentence of the first paragraph of my post. 

The whole trash garbage perks definitely should be expedited. I like the option to trash right after the roll because currently I have to make inputs into the controller and hope I don't trash something useful in the process.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

@Brianzilla2004, If your idea added a way to lock perks so they can't be sold, it would be more attractive, but still not a big enough change to be honest.

I've thought of that before. I always feel uneasy about selling my unwanted perks because it's easy to make a catastrophic error. Not sure how I forgot to include that.

The ability to upgrade perks you already own is something I've seen brought up before. It would be awesome, but I wanted to throw out some other ideas.

Ideas are welcome, thanks for sharing. Don't worry if people don't respond or criticize, this forum reacts in weird ways to people just expressing ideas. 

Your thread could produce something good, so no worries.