1 hour ago, Ker Juice said:

225k and still nothing better than what you have??  Smh that's terrible.  I'm sorry to hear that.  

Yup, the only one I got was a thrasher legendary. The axe one, and my epic was better. Still, I kept it. Because I rolled all the CP I saved over nearly six months for it. I have never been so bummed out over a game, besides the long wait for all kinds of screwball shit in that update. I hear it's getting better now, and I'm sure I'll log back in eventually. But yeah, after that roll a-thon of poor quality perks I needed a break. I've been playing Diablo 3 again, but I'm sure one of these days I'll get the urge for F13 again. Especially with the ladies and gentlemen I have on my list, if I didn't meet soooooo many awesome people playing this game I doubt I would play at this point. They make it fun, and ultra challenging. Even maxed out, and with nothing much left to accomplish.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Fornite has way more then that..  And Fortnite is joke.

Does that mean DBD needs to be more like Fortnite?

I really don't understand why people compare DBD to F13th.  its not even close to being the same game.

They aren't the same in really any regard other than they're horror based and asymmetrical. 

Friday the 13th and Dead by Daylight should not be the same game.

But, they're undoubtedly in the same space. There's obviously something DbD is doing right that F13 is not. 

I've only gotten in about 10 matches so far and only as a killer (trying out the wraith). I can say the immediate difference I see is in what you start unlocking and what you start equipping right off the bat. It's very clear that this game is offering a variety of characters with apparent strengths and a system that'll let you further develop that character to suit your style of play. 

This is a good concept regardless of the game. 

I know well your complaints about DbD but comparing the 2 games is apples and oranges. DbD feels more like a hectic, arena style, survival game. But, it is actually fun.

Personally I'll probably start digging in on this one - Phase 1, F13 has GOT to fix the bugs. Phase 2, put together a deep progression system. 

Still eager to see what Last Year delivers if it ever arrives.

53 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

There's obviously something DbD is doing right that F13 is not.

DBD isn't bound to specifics by their licences, for one. The franchise killers are there only aesthetically. 

It's also much more of a familiar, arcade-y experience. 

The fact that it had a year's head start is meaningless because it started strong and only grew. It barely had any dips where as F13 lost more than half it's playerbase in its 3rd month, and continued to decline. I seriously doubt the absence of DBD would have made much of a difference. 

But really, if you think about it, F13 The Game is the perfect representation of F13 the movies. It's a true B-video game. It's low budget and filled with all sorts of laughable problems as any good B-movie would. Philosophically speaking, F13 is a perfect game. 

35 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Philosophically speaking, F13 is a perfect game. 

if a b-movie was suppose to mimic f13 scale of glitch and bugs then tv should start to burn when you start up the movie.

On 6/5/2018 at 5:24 PM, TheHansonGoons said:

Honestly. In October we could rarely get two lobbies going and we did last Thursday. It was pretty cool to me. 

I think you are right about the organization though. Its helped me I know. Obviously we cant always make it, but at least know there is next week.

Yeah, having a solid core group makes all the difference.

On 6/5/2018 at 5:17 PM, Truth said:

I see someone playing F13 almost every time I check my friends list. It's not just from that group.

Same. Though often it's a guy I played with once three months ago. 

4 hours ago, DasMurich said:

I've only gotten in about 10 matches so far and only as a killer (trying out the wraith).

I can give you a tip right now: drop the Wraith. He's the second worst killer in the game in a game where only the top tier killers stand a chance of killing everyone against a good group. His power is almost useless and he feels so basic and crippled. The worst killer is Freddy, since he's kind of like a worse Wraith.

4 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

DBD isn't bound to specifics by their licences, for one. The franchise killers are there only aesthetically

It's also much more of a familiar, arcade-y experience. 

I'm delving in to DbD today, watching strategy videos and such, trying to learn this perk system. 

I'm immediately seeing things that could be applied to Friday the 13th to build on Jason's skills and each set of strengths.

It would be no easy undertaking in any way, but, it could be done within the confines of the game. I don't think the license restrictions would prohibit a perk giving Jason's morph better accuracy, if they did, I wouldn't even know what to say to that.

57 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

drop the Wraith

I'm quickly seeing this seems to be the consensus.

No I dont think they can. DBD was horrible the first year according to most and they dusted themselves off and started rolling out steady good updates. They had a reputation and they from my understanding redeemed themselves. (Ive never played just watched and have friends that play) When people like myself was skeptical about how much could be fixed with this update people were like “they admitted faults and we should give them a second chance.” But then we get another broken update

They would have been better off releasing new content on the old verison of the game and properly testing the update. But like they have did everytime in this games life, they rushed it. I think its now most people dont have any faith in these devs. You paused a games devolpment during the first year to release an update that was said to fix most current bugs, but it mostly added new bugs and brought old ones back. This game will always have a loyal fanbase but if those are hoping the game recovers from all this, I dont think it can. Its another culling in the making

7 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

I don't think the license restrictions would prohibit a perk giving Jason's morph better accuracy, if they did, I wouldn't even know what to say to that.

1 hour ago, MichaelMemers said:

I think it's pretty clear that any changes they make to multiplayer will be slight, so perks/mini buffs to anything already existing seems very feasible.

Actually, the morph marker already has room for more accuracy. When I play in 4k the morph marker gets very small on the map and it gives different, closer locations...but sometimes it glitches. I posted a pic of Part 4 morphing so close to the phone that he ended up being as close to the phone one could get, but stuck waist deep in the ground. 

i have a dedicated group of people i've played with since launch,  16ish total, but since this last patch, we can barely round up  people to play, the game has gotten that buggy and bad on xbox. 

And xbox not getting the patch this week sure as shit wont help anything. If you can't follow through with the vagueness of early next week for patch, why would the playerbase stay? Seriously the big update after months, has made the game for a great many worse than when you didnt fix anything.

7 minutes ago, 2moar said:

i have a dedicated group of people i've played with since launch,  16ish total, but since this last patch, we can barely round up  people to play, the game has gotten that buggy and bad on xbox. 

And xbox not getting the patch this week sure as shit wont help anything. If you can't follow through with the vagueness of early next week for patch, why would the playerbase stay? Seriously the big update after months, has made the game for a great many worse than when you didnt fix anything.

So Xbox isn't getting the patch this week?  Is this official?  I searched and couldn't find an official statement.

1 minute ago, zmccain said:

So Xbox isn't getting the patch this week?  Is this official?  I searched and couldn't find an official statement.

yeah, you'd think they might i dunno, post that info on their official forums or something, but ya know

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 2moar said:

yeah, you'd think they might i dunno, post that info on their official forums or something, but ya know

This would be my annoyance with the communication we receive. I get that people can be busy with other things but dropping it in a general communication thread would keep us all on the same page. It seems worth five minutes of someone's time to keep the forum from repeatedly making the same complaint. 

8 hours ago, DasMurich said:

'I'm quickly seeing this seems to be the consensus.

If I had to rate the DbD killers:

S - Nurse

A - Hillbilly, Huntress

B - Myers, Doctor

C - Leatherface, Pig

D - Trapper, Hag

E - Wraith

F - Freddy

Leveling Trapper and Hillbilly early on is a good idea, as they each have a perk that makes pallets less painful for you. Leatherface has some great perks and is worth buying just to get them as quickly as possible. One of his perks will double your BP gain, cutting the grind in half, so long as you hook everyone at least once in a match.

This game is a constant work in progress, will take time to fix all issues, plus most people are mining at the salt mines.

On 6/5/2018 at 10:01 AM, SolidusPrime said:

Most of the names in my Steam horror group are on DbD now and it makes me want to throw up ? . I'm stuck in this place where I can't tell if I've been white-knighting this game in denial, or if I'm over reacting.

I neither own nor play DbD, but I can understand why many people are making the switch.

For one, their progression system is actually a progression system, instead of a GD slot machine. 
Also, DbD is cheaper. By half.
DbD also has more content - more maps and a variety of killers.

There may even be issue with the number of player per match. 1:4 ratio vs. 1:7. And the killer is chosen instead of "random."

Still, I don't intend on playing it. It seems like even less variety than repetitively opening (mostly) empty drawers. And it's harder to complete objectives because you have to find a requisite part before repairing the car/boat/phone rather than simply walking up to a generator and going to work. Granted, it takes much longer to repair a generator in DbD than any one object in F13, but even with their periodic skill checks, it seems less complicated than F13's system.

I think both of these games could learn from each other. I think F13 needs a better advancement/rewards for playing. And I think DbD needs more variety in terms of dynamic gameplay.

17 hours ago, Vigorowicz said:

if a b-movie was suppose to mimic f13 scale of glitch and bugs then tv should start to burn when you start up the movie

I'm gonna have to give this a C-

The effort was good, but everything else needs a lot of work. You have to show relation between the elements more.  

And why wouldn't the game already burn the TV since it's on the TV already? You see what I mean? It needs to click better.

Try again. Hit us with another one....

I don't think anything the devs do will bring back the player base, not even adding Jason X. Most have moved on, I don't see many on my friends list playing this anymore, I too have quit and moved on. 

The devs had too many chances before hand to stop this from occurring. Anyone with a brain saw this coming.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Quinn FTW said:

DbD also has more content - more maps and a variety of killers.

DBD does't have more content.   The maps are 1/4 of the size of F13th small maps.

Infact all the DBD maps combined are smaller then one SMALL map on F13th.

Also those killers..  barely kill.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, stoney said:

I don't think anything the devs do will bring back the player base, not even adding Jason X. Most have moved on, I don't see many on my friends list playing this anymore, I too have quit and moved on. 

The devs had too many chances before hand to stop this from occurring. Anyone with a brain saw this coming.

Can I ask why you're here posting if you have moved on?

It seems that you want to take other people's enjoyment out of the game. The game didn't hurt you, and even if it did, you wouldn't be entitled to poison other people's enjoyment. 

Move on for real this time.

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

DBD does't have more content.   The maps are 1/4 of the size of F13th small maps.

Infact all the DBD maps combined are smaller then one SMALL map on F13th.

There's over 20 maps and roughly 30 characters. And I'm sure there'll be more coming. 

The maps aren't huge, no. But were they any larger considering the game play it would be a nightmare. 

The killers barely kill, true, but they're OP and the game has done a good job of balancing around that. 2 strikes and a survivor is down and that's it, they're going to a hook. A couple killers can even down them in 1 hit. But one way the game balanced things is once a killer strikes a survivor there's a brief interval where the killer wipes the blood off the weapon so you can't just double-tap. Unlike F13 where currently Jason is locked in to animations grabbing and swinging but counselors, who apparently have much stronger melee attacks than Jason, do not. When a killer shows up in DbD you run for dear life. Run and hide.

Another cool thing in DbD is after putting a survivor down they're then in a crawling state. It's pathetic. They drag themselves along leaving a trail of blood. You can, as far as I can tell, leave them to deal with something else because they're really not getting anywhere. Unless another survivor comes and heals them. A teamwork mechanic that, IMO, would be more than welcome in F13. Imagine if Medic only gave a player multiple sprays when healing another counselor? I couldn't count how many times I've seen counselors crawling suggested here in this forum. 

But still, apples and oranges.

If Last Year makes it out we'll see what they've incorporated and what they've come up with. They'll probably have done some really cool things and some things that aren't so great. 

P.S. 22,251 in game right now. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HuDawg said:

I don't have enough experience to judge. But I've never seen a DbD killer stunlocked by a gang of players, or trolled for 20 minutes by a Vanessa-like runner. 

Again, I haven't seen much, so maybe I just don't know. 

As for the kills, if you're referring to Jason's cinematic kills, I've already stated elsewhere that those are extraneous. Cosmetic. And less efficient than simply swinging. And just as boring once you've seen them all dozens of times).

• Like 1