Lexandremon

It's allowed to be Homophobic and Racist in other Languages?

First of all i want to quote this:
Specific Bannable Offenses and In-Game Guidelines
(vi) Transmitting or communicating any content which, in the sole and exclusive discretion of GMH, is deemed offensive, including language that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, or racially, ethically, or otherwise objectionable;

Ok, base on this quote, i would like to say that none of this applies if u speak a foreign language.
There's this guy on Friday the 13th the game, he is a brazilian, like me, unfortunately i played with him.
First of all, i realized that he was using Uber and Savini Dll, i spoke with him in portuguese (native brazilian language), i warned him that this was banish, and he could be banned at any time.
Investigating his profile on steam, i notice some nick that he used earlier, nick in portuguese like: "Chola pro meu Jason X" that means "Cry against my Jason X"
and other nicknames like: "Esperando ser banido" and "Procura-se Ban" that means "Waiting for my Ban" and "Looking for Ban", there aren't his nick anymore, he has changed.
Another thing i noticed, is that he already had a ban by VAC from a year ago.
Ok, with all this information i came to the conclusion that he actually was using a dll hack, and didn't mind to being banned, his preivous nicks begged to be banned, but of course all in portuguese.
I asked here in the forum what i could do to help devs to ban peopel using Fake Savini/Uber, and what came up is that i just have to wait, bc they are working on it. Thats ok by me.

The story does not end here. The problem is, that i played a match with him, and besides the fact that he was using dll, he commited other bannable offenses just because i asked him to remove the dll from exclusive content, and content that were not released yet.
I was playing with Bugzy, and i was in a group with two homosexual friends.

[Omitted by moderators - We get it, but you don't need to publicly post exactly what he was saying]
Later, my friend are complained that he was being homophobic with them too.

It turns out that it came to my attetion that i can't report him, because he was speak in Portuguese, and even if do the translations is not enough
because according to the staff, i could translation to my own understanding. I

The question at the end of the day is, how do i report a person who keep saying horrible things to ppl in a differente language?
Does this mean that the rule number vi is allowed if i speak Russian, Portuguese, German, or any langauge other than English? How do we foreigners handle with this?
Are we going to be obligated to accept prejudiced ppl in our own native language?

Screenshot_20180527-222506.png

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

Sorry to hear that and whoever that was who said sorry I can’t ban them was being pure lazy he did not take the time to translate therefore not abiding by their OWN rules I feel you should post this on their Twitter 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sticks and stones..   They are only saying what they said to make you angry.

Don't let them win.. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Horror fan said:

Sorry to hear that and whoever that was who said sorry I can’t ban them was being pure lazy he did not take the time to translate therefore not abiding by their OWN rules I feel you should post this on their Twitter 

I tend to agree with this if they are going to offer the game to everyone (all people all languages etc) then set up specific rules and regulations for the game that you can be PERMA banned for not adhering to, then they should either A. Enforce them for everyone, lang, creed, color it shouldn't matter...Or if they are not going to do that per their own guidelines and rules..then B. Get rid of them or at the very least stop the perma bans, if there was ever a reason to stop the perma bans....this my friends is it indeed.  Very surprised they are not enforcing this just because someone broke the rules in another language, that is not only lazy like your post say but also hilarious because why even have a set of rules to begin with, I speak three different languages...does that mean if I speak french in an english lobby/game I get a pass like the person mentioned in the original post?  Not that I ever have or would but it raises a very interesting question.  Forget about resourses and not knowing the language....everyone should be held to the same standard when it come to the rules, otherwise that clearly giving certain people a pass when they break the rules and blatant rules at that.   ....And Yeah I agree that you should post your issue with this to their twitter as well.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Sticks and stones..   They are only saying what they said to make you angry.

Don't let them win.. 

Agreed indeed.  They should still be held accountable to the rules and regulations of the game too though.

• Like 1

This is why I always say to stay away from my country. Most people here aren't worth meeting...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lexandremon said:

Is that irresponsible or extremely irresponsible?

I mean, they set the rule, right? I hate it when I see shit like this, because I have to put a lot of effort into my work, and I have to think outside the box and go the extra mile as a daily mandatory thing. 

There's no way they can find someone they trust to translate for them? They can't pay some friggin college student per diem? 

These answers are really disappointing. Again, a situation like this needs a corporate BS answer. They need to stop telling us the truth with how they operate in situations like this (because it's gross) and start revealing more on how the game is being developed instead. 

Sometimes they give off too much of an impression that their operation is being run out of some college student's basement.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Yeah, I'm not one to get reporting about things like this, but the response is inadequate given the stated rules; it's not hard at all to find someone to listen to something and translate. Just because its beyond your abilities is no reason to ignore proof, just find someone who can inform you, a very simple option.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoOneK9503 said:

This is why I always say to stay away from my country. Most people here aren't worth meeting...

Don't worry guy, we are so ignorant we continue to let Trump be our president! #laughingstockoftheworld

After all, we are so ignorant we cannot translate and enforce our own rules against a hacker like that douche. 

For future reference to the OP, make sure you get all of his steam Id and such. People like that chage their ID a lot but have a number directly related to the account that they need to track the account. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, RadikalGamer said:

I tend to agree with this if they are going to offer the game to everyone (all people all languages etc) then set up specific rules and regulations for the game that you can be PERMA banned for not adhering to, then they should either A. Enforce them for everyone, lang, creed, color it shouldn't matter...Or if they are not going to do that per their own guidelines and rules..then B. Get rid of them or at the very least stop the perma bans, if there was ever a reason to stop the perma bans....this my friends is it indeed.  Very surprised they are not enforcing this just because someone broke the rules in another language, that is not only lazy like your post say but also hilarious because why even have a set of rules to begin with, I speak three different languages...does that mean if I speak french in an english lobby/game I get a pass like the person mentioned in the original post?  Not that I ever have or would but it raises a very interesting question.  Forget about resourses and not knowing the language....everyone should be held to the same standard when it come to the rules, otherwise that clearly giving certain people a pass when they break the rules and blatant rules at that.   ....And Yeah I agree that you should post your issue with this to their twitter as well.

I pretty much came to say something similar to this. If a game is going to support and encourage all regions of the world to participate, only moderating English just seems lazy. According to the response I read, it seems as though it's totally acceptable to behave this way in any other language.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Don't worry guy, we are so ignorant we continue to let Trump be our president! #laughingstockoftheworld

You think like this because you never heard of a politician called Jair Bolsonaro... More Info Just PM me.

Now let's stop talking about this because we're breaking the rules.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

we are so ignorant we continue to let Trump be our president! #laughingstockoftheworld

Even worse; we are so ignorant that we think it even matters who our president is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Lexandremon said:

First of all i want to quote this:
Specific Bannable Offenses and In-Game Guidelines
(vi) Transmitting or communicating any content which, in the sole and exclusive discretion of GMH, is deemed offensive, including language that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, or racially, ethically, or otherwise objectionable;

Ok, base on this quote, i would like to say that none of this applies if u speak a foreign language.
There's this guy on Friday the 13th the game, he is a brazilian, like me, unfortunately i played with him.
First of all, i realized that he was using Uber and Savini Dll, i spoke with him in portuguese (native brazilian language), i warned him that this was banish, and he could be banned at any time.
Investigating his profile on steam, i notice some nick that he used earlier, nick in portuguese like: "Chola pro meu Jason X" that means "Cry against my Jason X"
and other nicknames like: "Esperando ser banido" and "Procura-se Ban" that means "Waiting for my Ban" and "Looking for Ban", there aren't his nick anymore, he has changed.
Another thing i noticed, is that he already had a ban by VAC from a year ago.
Ok, with all this information i came to the conclusion that he actually was using a dll hack, and didn't mind to being banned, his preivous nicks begged to be banned, but of course all in portuguese.
I asked here in the forum what i could do to help devs to ban peopel using Fake Savini/Uber, and what came up is that i just have to wait, bc they are working on it. Thats ok by me.

The story does not end here. The problem is, that i played a match with him, and besides the fact that he was using dll, he commited other bannable offenses just because i asked him to remove the dll from exclusive content, and content that were not released yet.
I was playing with Bugzy, and i was in a group with two homosexual friends.

This particular person began to say on mic: "Macaco filho da puta, vou te estuprar seu preto maldito, só consegue correr seu lixo? preto de merda"
the translation of this is: "U motherfucker monkey, i'm going to rape you fuckn nigger, u just can run u piece of crap? shit nigger."
Later, my friend are complained that he was being homophobic with them too.

It turns out that it came to my attetion that i can't report him, because he was speak in Portuguese, and even if do the translations is not enough
because according to the staff, i could translation to my own understanding. I

The question at the end of the day is, how do i report a person who keep saying horrible things to ppl in a differente language?
Does this mean that the rule number vi is allowed if i speak Russian, Portuguese, German, or any langauge other than English? How do we foreigners handle with this?
Are we going to be obligated to accept prejudiced ppl in our own native language?

Why do words hurt your feelings so much?

• Confused 1

Sorry to hear that you and your friends had to be put though that from a player, i do see where shifty is coming from he is one off the good ones that will try and help and that response is what he has probably been told to give , but you think they would have some way to be able to translate things people send in to them and that  is a major let down on their end and something they need to fix so people can send them stuff and not have it turned away because the dev were to lazy to get something to translate it.

People need to stop getting bent out of shape by the vibrations coming from others mouths. You only empower them.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Magnumta said:

Didn't hurt me, i dont even repond to his offenses, much less i felt offended. I just wanted to have the right to report him and have an adequate response to that.
This kind of human being shouldn't be playing a game. He broke two rules and should be banned.

2 hours ago, Magnumta said:

2 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

People need to stop getting bent out of shape by the vibrations coming from others mouths.

Soon, maybe, once they figure out how to alter our emotions at will with some type of chip embedded in our brain. But until then, normal human beings don't like to be exposed to that type of trash. 

It's psychological filth. Do you like to wallow in filth?

They put it in their rules for a reason. It's a QOL measure. They shouldn't simply brush it off as being too much work to enforce, outside of the English language.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Magnumta said:

Because some words hurt people? I don’t know why you’re asking such a stupid ass question? 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Sticks and stones friend. Sticks and stones...

You shouldn't care about what other people think of you...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lexandremon said:

Didn't hurt me, i dont even repond to his offenses, much less i felt offended. I just wanted to have the right to report him and have an adequate response to that.
This kind of human being shouldn't be playing a game. He broke two rules and should be banned.

Bingo.  The point isn't whether someone can take being bad mouthed or not....the point is the developers enforcing their own rules no matter what language a person breaks them in, and to also be held accountable.