Sign in to follow this  
final_gal

About Victoria and her "trope"

3 hours ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

i get that but it applies when you look at her as a single character. when you compare her with other characters, vanessa deborah even kenny dont have a learning curve.

so that already makes both the athletic girl vanessa and the nerdy girl deborah a better character than the final girl. jenny isnt necessarily bad, but shes not as good as vanessa or deborah is as a general character. and these are examples, theres other counselors that excel in certain things that actually apply to the games 3 main strengths stealth, speed+stamina, repair. jenny has none of those, that kinda messes her final girl status up. and makes her an inferior character to those that have one or more of those strengths. shes definitely inferior to some and it doesnt make sense cause the final girl shouldnt be outperformed by the nerdy girl for example or even the average camper boi kenny is suprerior over her performance.

It interesting the most player seam to hold high regards for Deborah, and newer play seem to get the impression that high repair = survival.  However, while she may contribute to the survival of someone else, all true repair counselors pay what I call, the Repair Tax.  She suffers from both the ability to distance herself from Jason and difficulty maintaining good stun weapons if they are scarce.  As good as Deborah is with repair, once a object is complete, she still has to survive the 5 mins or if the car was stopped.

Jenny is well suited for fighting off Jason, and you can do plenty worse picking another counselor for that purpose.  You are also in the wrong impression that Jenny is gimped on repair.  Most advanced player's agree that 2 repair is plenty with 1 repair the only one that's really crippling.  There is already a topic here debating that Vanessa's 2 repair is too good for her, lol.  Jenny has also pretty good stealth.  Jason isn't going to see her pings unless he's within 1/10 distance of a large map, and once Jason is in Rage, you can silently kite him in large buildings, like Pinehurst's facility.  The fact that Jenny doesn't scream right away also helps layering the salt as Jason scrambles to find you. 

It's funny that you refer Jenny as a "inferior character" while preferring Kenny when he doesn't have any single thing that makes standout in a particulate playstyle.  He does fit his trope, living and breathing the camp life without having any real standout talents.  I argue that Jenny does fit her trope nicely.  The final girl is the average girl, who isn't exactly the top of athleticism, and not experienced with fixing things, tending to relay on other people for that.  But she is a scrapper, and will fight back while also protecting others, and when shit hits the fan, she keeps her shit together.  That very much fits Jenny, she is not easy picking for Jason if you are a player that can scrap back.

I've made my point but I doubt I'll change you're opinion.  I say play Jenny for a good 2 weeks, and you begin to understand she is nowhere near as bad as many like to make her out to be.  I actually do rate her among top 5 counselor picks in this game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

It interesting the most player seam to hold high regards for Deborah, and newer play seem to get the impression that high repair = survival.  However, while she may contribute to the survival of someone else, all true repair counselors pay what I call, the Repair Tax.  She suffers from both the ability to distance herself from Jason and difficulty maintaining good stun weapons if they are scarce.  As good as Deborah is with repair, once a object is complete, she still has to survive the 5 mins or if the car was stopped.

Jenny is well suited for fighting off Jason, and you can do plenty worse picking another counselor for that purpose.  You are also in the wrong impression that Jenny is gimped on repair.  Most advanced player's agree that 2 repair is plenty with 1 repair the only one that's really crippling.  There is already a topic here debating that Vanessa's 2 repair is too good for her, lol.  Jenny has also pretty good stealth.  Jason isn't going to see her pings unless he's within 1/10 distance of a large map, and once Jason is in Rage, you can silently kite him in large buildings, like Pinehurst's facility.  The fact that Jenny doesn't scream right away also helps layering the salt as Jason scrambles to find you. 

It's funny that you refer Jenny as a "inferior character" while preferring Kenny when he doesn't have any single thing that makes standout in a particulate playstyle.  He does fit his trope, living and breathing the camp life without having any real standout talents.  I argue that Jenny does fit her trope nicely.  The final girl is the average girl, who isn't exactly the top of athleticism, and not experienced with fixing things, tending to relay on other people for that.  But she is a scrapper, and will fight back while also protecting others, and when shit hits the fan, she keeps her shit together.  That very much fits Jenny, she is not easy picking for Jason if you are a player that can scrap back.

I've made my point but I doubt I'll change you're opinion.  I say play Jenny for a good 2 weeks, and you being to understand she is nowhere near as bad as many like to make her out to be.  I actually do rate her among top 5 counselor picks in this game.

Jenny isn’t a bad character, but the speed is what puts her in the bottom of tiers. Jenny can fight, battle Jenny is underrated. People forget that you don’t need strength in order to fight. Jenny is easy to pick up for new players because she has composure, and newer players often hide. 

As for the Final Girl trope, most final girls had strength, stamina, and stealth. Considering most final girls fought back, outran Jason and ran for awhile. They also hid a lot. Jenny doesn’t really fill that trope IMO, the game doesn’t either, possible Victoria does fill that trope more than Jenny, if we were talking about the movies.  

The reason Jenny is often looked upon as a bad counselor is because she has a bad rep in QP. Most Jenny’s are new, so they die in less than 5 minutes. They also don’t help since they’re lone wolves most of the time. 

Jenny is an underrated counselor, but most players don’t exactly use her strengths. 

2 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Jenny isn’t a bad character, but the speed is what puts her in the bottom of tier

Speed is just one stat though.  IMO, Luck and Stamina are more vital.  Bugzy for example has good Stamina and Speed, but often not well regarded due to his terrible luck.  The fact that he's athletic can mean he's likely to waste all the good weapons faster, he can become a liability.  The only con Jenny has is her speed, but she does make up for it in other areas. 

Maybe it's because I'm on PC, but most Jenny's I've seen are higher level players.  You're right though, since many of them tend to play selfish and think that being "the final girl" mean to hide in a cabin waiting for Jason to waste everyone else as they attempt to run down the clock.:rolleyes:

31 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Jenny isn’t a bad character, but the speed is what puts her in the bottom of tiers. Jenny can fight, battle Jenny is underrated. People forget that you don’t need strength in order to fight. Jenny is easy to pick up for new players because she has composure, and newer players often hide. 

As for the Final Girl trope, most final girls had strength, stamina, and stealth. Considering most final girls fought back, outran Jason and ran for awhile. They also hid a lot. Jenny doesn’t really fill that trope IMO, the game doesn’t either, possible Victoria does fill that trope more than Jenny, if we were talking about the movies.  

The reason Jenny is often looked upon as a bad counselor is because she has a bad rep in QP. Most Jenny’s are new, so they die in less than 5 minutes. They also don’t help since they’re lone wolves most of the time. 

Jenny is an underrated counselor, but most players don’t exactly use her strengths. 

The devs simply could not make her stats fit her because the stats add up to 35...here is what Jenny’s stats SHOULD look like

Composure: 10

Luck: 8

Repair: 3

Speed: 6

Stamina: 8

Stealth: 6

Strength: 5

That adds up to 46, but doesn’t that look like a final girl build? 35 honestly isn’t enough for a “final girl” trope. It would make Jenny more OP and make players only choose her. They can’t make her the most OP counselor, it just wouldn’t work...despite her being the “final girl” trope. Final girls have all of the stats, except maybe repair...you never really saw a final girl repair, just fight back and deal damage to Jason. Her stats are good as it is.

Victoria does NOT fill the role of the final girl. The biggest missing factor is composure, which she has little of. She is still slow as hell. Sure, a 3 repair is slightly better than a 2 but it’s not that big of a leap to say that Victoria is a better final girl. Her stats are only slightly better than Jenny, only about 1 or 2 points above her. Unlike composure which Jenny is 6 points above Victoria and they are both tied in luck...composure and luck is the final girl’s speciality. And stealth is debatable seeing how it has been said Jenny’s stealth is secretly higher than it really is. She certainly has better stealth than Chad and Mitch which they all have a 6 but Jenny tends to make less noise.

7 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Speed is just one stat though.  IMO, Luck and Stamina are more vital.  Bugzy for example has good Stamina and Speed, but often not well regarded due to his terrible luck.  The fact that he's athletic can mean he's likely to waste all the good weapons faster, he can become a liability.  The only con Jenny has is her speed, but she does make up for it in other areas. 

Maybe it's because I'm on PC, but most Jenny's I've seen are higher level players.  You're right though, since many of them tend to play selfish and think that being "the final girl" mean to hide in a cabin waiting for Jason to waste everyone else as they attempt to run down the clock.:rolleyes:

Don’t know how much this helps the case but I’ve run down the clock with twelve minutes left with Jenny against a high level Part 3 Jason. It was Packanack Small and it was intense. I lost Jason on a few occasion and kept him on the Jenny-Go-Round through the entire map. I found two knives and he slashed Tommy so I had three knives. He grabbed me three times and I stabbed him three times. Then two minutes came up and I ran down the clock. A solid jukathon, then the Jason player was SUPER salty because I “relied on my three knives as a crutch”. I mean damn...everybody else was dead and I had nobody to share it with so OF COURSE I’m gonna take the knives. He couldn’t catch me for the longest time. Then the next round he died and left midway through the kill, so that tells you what kind of a player he was.

Anyways, my point is that despite a 3 speed, her 5 stamina can carry her pretty far if you pair it with marathon. Speed is so overrated as a stat.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

That adds up to 46, but doesn’t that look like a final girl build? 35 honestly isn’t enough for a “final girl” trope.

a final girl should simply be balanced. luck plays not a big role for final girls and composure is also a rather void stat that doesnt fit them to the fullest. they should be both balanced in repairing and juking / hiding, but not excel in either. kennys stats for example are good, everyone can play and win as him. thats what final girls should be more like. not a straight 5/10 but she should be a balanced character that is good at every main thing (stealth, speed+stamina, repair) but doesnt excel in any of them.

if it was for me her stats should be 

Composure: 7

Luck: 4

Repair: 5

Speed: 5

Stamina: 5

Strength: 3

i made her luck rather low because i dont think being a final girl is anything you would be lucky about. id rather die than having to live with the emotional and psychological traumas of seeing all my friends and family brutally murdered during a final girl rally and i dont think i could live well with knowing that i murdered someone like final girls usually do. final girls arent really lucky, they just play their cards well and dont do dumb shit when other people do dumb shit. but if you really look at them, theyre just average people who "win" because the others arent average people and end up doing dumb shit that fits their trope and gets em killed. 

24 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

I lost Jason on a few occasion and kept him on the Jenny-Go-Round through the entire map. I found two knives and he slashed Tommy so I had three knives. He grabbed me three times and I stabbed him three times.

to be fair finding 3 knives is an extremely lucky thing to do at this point so id personally not count that as a good juking run down clock round. a good one would be doing that with only 1 knife or none at all. the fact youve been grabbed 3 whole times and only survived because you were lucky enough to find all those knives makes me lean more towards my original opinion that jenny just isnt good enough to be a final girl. this wouldnt have happened with vanessa or tiffany for example. you wouldnt have had to use the knives as them in the first place which already makes them way better at survival than the actual final girl

30 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Don’t know how much this helps the case but I’ve run down the clock with twelve minutes left with Jenny against a high level Part 3 Jason..

I've actually survived a full 20 min against a P4 Jason in a 2 person game, lol.  It was early in the morning when it was dead, the game paired me with just one other person.  Granted the Jason wasn't all that good (not bad, just not good), but considering it I was the only one and didn't find ANY pocket knives (I checked all the firepits I could, and obviously didn't have much time for draws), not bad for good ol Jenny.  I have a screen-cap, maybe I'll post it here.   I've have also survives many game where I had to outlast the last 8 mins or so against good Jasons.

1 hour ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

The devs simply could not make her stats fit her because the stats add up to 35...here is what Jenny’s stats SHOULD look like

Are you designing Jenny, or Wonder Woman?

• Haha 1

Levels doesn't play a factor whether the Jason player is good or not. People might think it matters, but the vast majority of Jason out there aren't competent. So thats give you an illusion that you are somehow doing everything right when you fight him.

Getting good with Jason has a much higher learning curve then playing counselors, simply because he is by himself. 

1 hour ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

a final girl should simply be balanced. luck plays not a big role for final girls and composure is also a rather void stat that doesnt fit them to the fullest. they should be both balanced in repairing and juking / hiding, but not excel in either. kennys stats for example are good, everyone can play and win as him. thats what final girls should be more like. not a straight 5/10 but she should be a balanced character that is good at every main thing (stealth, speed+stamina, repair) but doesnt excel in any of them.

if it was for me her stats should be 

Composure: 7

Luck: 4

Repair: 5

Speed: 5

Stamina: 5

Strength: 3

i made her luck rather low because i dont think being a final girl is anything you would be lucky about. id rather die than having to live with the emotional and psychological traumas of seeing all my friends and family brutally murdered during a final girl rally and i dont think i could live well with knowing that i murdered someone like final girls usually do. final girls arent really lucky, they just play their cards well and dont do dumb shit when other people do dumb shit. but if you really look at them, theyre just average people who "win" because the others arent average people and end up doing dumb shit that fits their trope and gets em killed. 

to be fair finding 3 knives is an extremely lucky thing to do at this point so id personally not count that as a good juking run down clock round. a good one would be doing that with only 1 knife or none at all. the fact youve been grabbed 3 whole times and only survived because you were lucky enough to find all those knives makes me lean more towards my original opinion that jenny just isnt good enough to be a final girl. this wouldnt have happened with vanessa or tiffany for example. you wouldnt have had to use the knives as them in the first place which already makes them way better at survival than the actual final girl

No...the final girl is lucky enough to survive the night and keeps herself composed. Doesn’t matter what the stats mean, it’s her trope. Vanessa wouldn’t have good composure or repair would she? No because that isn’t what her trope is.

Like you haven’t seen a Vanessa or Tiffany with three knives survive the night. If you can survive for 12 minutes regardless of the character then it’s a good round. Whether you believe it or not, Jenny represents the final girl trope.

53 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Are you designing Jenny, or Wonder Woman?

Well...Wonder Woman would have maxed out stats so I suppose I’m designing an OP Jenny. It’s just what I think the final girl’s stats should look like. It obviously wouldn’t work because it is too much, just saying the final girl is normally a better survivor than the rest.

18 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Like you haven’t seen a Vanessa or Tiffany with three knives survive the night. If you can survive for 12 minutes regardless of the character then it’s a good round. Whether you believe it or not, Jenny represents the final girl trope.

i actually havent ever, probably because both vanessa and tiffany can easily outrun jason and dont even get grabbed in the first place. hell, when i play vanessa or tiff i give the knives to repair counselors because i know that 9 times outta ten im not going to need it anyway. think to yourself if you had played the same way that round but with vanessa instead of jenny, would you have been grabbed at any of those 3 moments? i dont think so. i didnt say its a bad round, i said if you as jenny required 3 pocket knives to free yourself from 3 whole times being catched by jason and grabbed, then that doesnt prove at all that jenny is good for outjuking jason. infact it proves quite the opposite. and if you hadnt had tommy jarvis to profit off his death you wouldnt even have made it despite the enormous luck of finding 2 pocket knives already.

9 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

i actually havent ever, probably because both vanessa and tiffany can easily outrun jason and dont even get grabbed in the first place. hell, when i play vanessa or tiff i give the knives to repair counselors because i know that 9 times outta ten im not going to need it anyway. think to yourself if you had played the same way that round but with vanessa instead of jenny, would you have been grabbed at any of those 3 moments? i dont think so. i didnt say its a bad round, i said if you as jenny required 3 pocket knives to free yourself from 3 whole times being catched by jason and grabbed, then that doesnt prove at all that jenny is good for outjuking jason. infact it proves quite the opposite. and if you hadnt had tommy jarvis to profit off his death you wouldnt even have made it despite the enormous luck of finding 2 pocket knives already.

To be honest I rarely see Jenny mains survive the night.

People can argue that her composure helps her a lot when it comes to stamina regain but in dire situations that low speed she has can really kill her.

A simple shift is enough

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

To be honest I rarely see Jenny mains survive the night.

People can argue that her composure helps her a lot when it comes to stamina regain but in dire situations that low speed she has can really kill her.

A simple shift is enough

Even at lower speeds you can still avoid the shift grab.  It's even easier now since Jason can't "steer" the grab anymore, and if you know what direction he's coming at, you can evade in the direction that is hard for him to commit to.  Also you can move the fight into locations with obstacles to "tangle" him up or make it hard to make a good exit.  Do I get shift grabbed sometimes, sure, but I also get shift-grabbed when I play Vanessa sometimes too.  It happens. ?

On a side note, I was "forced" to play Chad earlier today, (disappointed the randomize bug wasn't address yet) and while the good speed is nice, the constant tripping around Jason is very annoying.  Every time I play Vanessa or Chad, I'm reminded why I'm a Jenny Main :wub:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

I don’t even main Jenny...I main Tiffany, how come now people are like “she’s so easy to survive the night with.” When all along I’ve been saying she is VERY easy to survive with. I’ve survived numerous times with her. Thing is...if you are ballsy enough with Tiffany or Vanessa you better have a knife, if you get grabbed you die. With Jenny you at least have a chance to break free. I don’t like Vanessa, I don’t play Vanessa, I don’t like her trope, I don’t like her playstyle point blank. She isn’t my counselor, simple as that. 

By the way I didn’t get shift grabbed, it was a stupid mistakes I made like going for swings. One time Jason shifted before I closed the door and grabbed me which can happen to ANY counselor. It is super easy to zig zag and avoid a shift grab, I don’t need speed to rely on as a crutch to survive.

4 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

That adds up to 46, but doesn’t that look like a final girl build? 35 honestly isn’t enough for a “final girl” trope. It would make Jenny more OP and make players only choose her. They can’t make her the most OP counselor, it just wouldn’t work...despite her being the “final girl” trope. Final girls have all of the stats, except maybe repair...you never really saw a final girl repair, just fight back and deal damage to Jason. Her stats are good as it is.

Victoria does NOT fill the role of the final girl. The biggest missing factor is composure, which she has little of. She is still slow as hell. Sure, a 3 repair is slightly better than a 2 but it’s not that big of a leap to say that Victoria is a better final girl. Her stats are only slightly better than Jenny, only about 1 or 2 points above her. Unlike composure which Jenny is 6 points above Victoria and they are both tied in luck...composure and luck is the final girl’s speciality. And stealth is debatable seeing how it has been said Jenny’s stealth is secretly higher than it really is. She certainly has better stealth than Chad and Mitch which they all have a 6 but Jenny tends to make less noise.

Composure isn’t shown in the movies. It’s a game mechanic. Chris was scared to her mind, did it take 3 minutes to get her fully scared? 

21 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Composure isn’t shown in the movies. It’s a game mechanic. Chris was scared to her mind, did it take 3 minutes to get her fully scared? 

She is based off of Chris but she is a “final girl” trope. Was Ginny hysterical? Didn’t Trish fight back? Did Megan show any fear when saving Tommy Jarvis? Chris was hysterical but you’re forgetting that she whooped Jason ass for the last 20 minutes of the movie and didn’t exactly freak out until in DIRECT contact of Jason. She didn’t scream because Jason was looking for her in the barn like the counselors would just randomly scream when Jason is in the area in the game. The “final girl” trope is extremely composed when in a dire situation and lucky enough to survive the encounter which Jenny is. Let’s base the speed off of Trish and Jason’s chase. Jason was up Trish’s ass. Sure Jason isn’t that fast in the game but Trish was just as fast as Vanessa is in game. The final girl is not SUPER speedy to the point of being miles ahead of Jason. Jason was always up their ass. Point is that you are overrating speed as if speed equal survival, it does not. Play Jenny if you want, if you don’t like her stats then don’t play her. All of us complaining about her stats is not gonna make the devs change them anyways.

1 hour ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

She is based off of Chris but she is a “final girl” trope. Was Ginny hysterical? Didn’t Trish fight back? Did Megan show any fear when saving Tommy Jarvis? Chris was hysterical but you’re forgetting that she whooped Jason ass for the last 20 minutes of the movie and didn’t exactly freak out until in DIRECT contact of Jason. She didn’t scream because Jason was looking for her in the barn like the counselors would just randomly scream when Jason is in the area in the game. The “final girl” trope is extremely composed when in a dire situation and lucky enough to survive the encounter which Jenny is. Let’s base the speed off of Trish and Jason’s chase. Jason was up Trish’s ass. Sure Jason isn’t that fast in the game but Trish was just as fast as Vanessa is in game. The final girl is not SUPER speedy to the point of being miles ahead of Jason. Jason was always up their ass. Point is that you are overrating speed as if speed equal survival, it does not. Play Jenny if you want, if you don’t like her stats then don’t play her. All of us complaining about her stats is not gonna make the devs change them anyways.

Speed is what helps, it gives you the ability to bring space between you and Jason. Speed is key to survival in most matches. I’ll play Jenny, because I actually don’t mind playing her. But I never said or stated her stats sucked, they’re just not a final girls stats. But resume making essays, I ain’t gonna stop you. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Speed is what helps, it gives you the ability to bring space between you and Jason. Speed is key to survival in most matches. I’ll play Jenny, because I actually don’t mind playing her. But I never said or stated her stats sucked, they’re just not a final girls stats. But resume making essays, I ain’t gonna stop you. 

Agree to disagree...speed is not the only way to survive. It’s like saying only Vanessa, Chad, Buggzy, and Tiffany can survive a round. I guess Debbie and AJ are just shit out of luck because they are slow. Ya know...not like silently repairing will ever get you out of the camp.

And I’ll make my posts as long as a damn well please ??‍♀

1 minute ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Agree to disagree...speed is not the only way to survive. It’s like saying only Vanessa, Chad, Buggzy, and Tiffany can survive a round. I guess Debbie and AJ are just shit out of luck because they are slow. Ya know...not like silently repairing will ever get you out of the camp.

he never said its the only way to survive, just that its key to survival in most matches which is true. if you win solely from repairs you got a terrible jason playing. any good jason will shift over to you on a single fuck up and even if you dont fuck it up hell get over to the car as soon as you start it and fuck you up fast if you cant make good distance from him again. whenever a car gets stopped i usually see the faster counselors such as vanessa and tiff surviving and the driver + the slower ones eventually dying.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

he never said its the only way to survive, just that its key to survival in most matches which is true. if you win solely from repairs you got a terrible jason playing. any good jason will shift over to you on a single fuck up and even if you dont fuck it up hell get over to the car as soon as you start it and fuck you up fast if you cant make good distance from him again. whenever a car gets stopped i usually see the faster counselors such as vanessa and tiff surviving and the driver + the slower ones eventually dying.

Winning solely from repairing means a terrible Jason? No. What if a Deborah uses her knife on the fuse box trap and calls the police? HIGHLY unlikely that she’ll screw up a skill check. It doesn’t mean the Jason is a terrible player, sometimes you can get outplayed pure and simply. Not every match requires a juke fest to survive.

29 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Winning solely from repairing means a terrible Jason? No. What if a Deborah uses her knife on the fuse box trap and calls the police? HIGHLY unlikely that she’ll screw up a skill check. It doesn’t mean the Jason is a terrible player, sometimes you can get outplayed pure and simply. Not every match requires a juke fest to survive.

Then the Deborah dies because she has no knife and is now a key target. With lack of speed and stamina, she won’t survive the 5 minutes. 

37 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Then the Deborah dies because she has no knife and is now a key target. With lack of speed and stamina, she won’t survive the 5 minutes. 

Doesn’t matter...she still contributed to team and helped the others survive the night by the police. If Debbie manages to last five minutes of getting tunneled she still helped out the rest of her teammates and Jason still gets like 3/8. It’s not all about YOUR survival but how you contribute to the team. It’s better than having Vanessa speed loot everything then put on a juke fest for ten minutes because she has 2 knives

3 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Doesn’t matter...she still contributed to team and helped the others survive the night by the police. If Debbie manages to last five minutes of getting tunneled she still helped out the rest of her teammates and Jason still gets like 3/8. It’s not all about YOUR survival but how you contribute to the team. It’s better than having Vanessa speed loot everything then put on a juke fest for ten minutes because she has 2 knives

To your point, Vanessa distracting Jason for 10 minutes with a "juke fest" and her two pocket knives gives fixers the ability to complete objectives/find key items.

"It's not all about YOUR survival but how you contribute to the team."

4 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

I doubt the Deborah picked her just to be taken for granted. I know I wouldn’t and neither would Deborah mains. Considering she’d lose on a lot of XP.