Should the Perk ,,Medic´´ get removed?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Perk ,,Medic´´ get removed?

• Yes , it should be removed!
    • No , it should stay in the game!
  2. 2. If it should stay in the game ,.......

• It should be nerfed!
    • It should be in it´s current state!

I voted no...there is no reason to remove a perk that can be counteracted. Medic and thick skinned are not useful if you grab instead of slash. I run medic and thick skinned myself and when you see a female counselor run up to the shack with Tommy and Jason tries slashing, it’s just sad. It isn’t going to work because you can easily bait Jason into a slash or grab then stun him. The whole combat system needs a rework. Counselors need a little stinger such as clutching the part of the body Jason slashed for about two to three seconds and writhing in pain. Not like the do when they are completely injured but like when you step on a lego block or hit your pinky toe on the corner of a wall and you clutch your foot in pain for a few seconds. Counselors can still run to avoid getting slashed again until they are critically injured. They shouldn’t just eat the shot then swing at Jason immediately afterwards. I will never start slashing a counselor unless they are out of stamina and do not have a weapon, slashing is not useful and it’s easy to avoid...grabbing is usually the way to go.

None of the perks need a nerf as they are not OP or game breaking, maybe slightly annoying but not game breaking. I wouldn’t be upset if medic got a nerf but it’s not needed. The only really useful perks are medic, thick skinned, marathon, nerves of steel, prepardness, sucker punch, and swift attacker...I never got the hype over restful, it never seemed to build up my stamina anymore than not all. Sometimes I’ll use night owl or lone wolf but prepardness is better for a lower fear build. All the rest of the perks are situational.

Kind of off topic but speaking of lower fear builds...has anybody tested the “No Fear” build on anybody besides Jenny? Obviously lower composure counselors will still build up to max fear but how much longer would it take for let’s say Tiffany or Deborah to get to max fear using the same “No Fear” build?

No...but I have a feeling that the legendary version has been intended as a punishment, with its increased repair speed..ya know, for all high luck/low repair counselors who tank the trap and try to repair the part. 

• Like 1

IMO the only reason this is problem is due to being able to hold duplicate items.   I think this game would alot more balanced if players can only hold ONE of each item.

This would balance out the medic perk.. Also help deal with people holding on to two car keys and  pocket knife hoarders/looters

I myself only use the medic perk on two counselors.  But when i end up using one of them, and find 3 health sprays i notice that broken windows become my friend.   

THIS^ is my biggest problem with it.   I can find a cabin/house and annoy a Jason player big time with.  Forcing them to really nail a stalk/morph/shift grab OR i will drag on it on for a long while.

• Like 1

Well , Shift-Grabbing can be easily countered with an unpredictable pattern of running unless that Jason is a god.

Well , Juking Vanessas at Level 150 with 4 Sprays and thick skinned  and most of the time is a true nightmare and costs a ton of time to be catched and she will most likely tank all throwing knives. Nerfing it so , that only the first spray gives 2 uses will probably result in the same but now she got 3 sprays...........yeah , that won't help much. She is literally uncatchable without +Shift or +Throwing knives and a lot of hoarded throwing knives.

And then again , this perk gets affected by it's rarity to nearly no extend and fulfills it's purpose at poor rarity as good as epic. You can use it with any rarity and it will still be the best perk.......Or one of the best if you can't think of it otherwise.

If it would use up two perk slots , it would help a lot but still , medic + thick skinned is still there , you just have to give up the repair perk (As if those jukers goal is to repair things) or Swift attacker (which is mainly used to troll and smack Jason) or Marathon.

But since you guys think , nerfing it would solve all problems , I am going to add it as an option. *sigh* 

And remember , perks weren't meant to give a huge improvement to survive , just a bit easier like my Dads a cop or starting with a map.

You can´t vote a second time , am I right? Oops.

• Confused 1

i voted no, however i think the number of health sprays spawned on a map should be reduced a little (coming from someone who runs both hypochondriac & medic on Jenny). 

Again another thread full of low or mid tier jason’s WAnting the game to be  easier for them ..Combine this thread with the 

“SHOULD JASON START WITH RAGE”

SHOULD JASON START OFF WITH STALK MODE”

”SHOULD ALL JASONS COMBAT SWING BE QUICKER “

”WHY CANT JASON BREAK THROUGH WINDOWS AND KILL COUNCILORS ?”

“TRAPS SHOULD REDUCE YOU TO 1HP”

y’all are so garbage 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'll never understand the idea of if a perk works well it needs to be nerfed. The answer is giving Jason a counter to the perk. Which they already have with weapon strength and grabbing. As to the complaints there's only a few perks worth running, the solution is make the other perks more relevant. Nobody uses Tinker because nobody wants increased repair speed. What would happen though if instead it increased the size of the skill checks? Suddenly Tinker would be pretty damn good. That's just one example of a perk with potential that just focused on the wrong area.

7 minutes ago, TiffanyCakes said:

Again another thread full of low or mid tier jason’s WAnting the game to be  easier for them ..Combine this thread with the 

“SHOULD JASON START WITH RAGE”

SHOULD JASON START OFF WITH STALK MODE”

”SHOULD ALL JASONS COMBAT SWING BE QUICKER “

”WHY CANT JASON BREAK THROUGH WINDOWS AND KILL COUNCILORS ?”

“TRAPS SHOULD REDUCE YOU TO 1HP”

y’all are so garbage 

Ooooh STFU

I can take the medic perk.   Grab 3 med sprays and loop a cabin for 10+ mins...   Broken windows just tickle.

Why should the medic perk be removed? Perhaps it's time to rethink your Jason strategy if Vanessa's are giving you that much trouble. I've never killed 3/8 in a lobby and thought to myself,  "I coulda totally got the rest of them if it wasn't for that damn medic perk..."  

I don't want to join the git gud crowd, I'm just saying maybe that Vanessa thats been nicking all your traps and kiting you for half the round was more skilled at being a counselor than you are at being a Jason.

• Thanks 3

Somebody who gets it.

8 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Why should the medic perk be removed? Perhaps it's time to rethink your Jason strategy if Vanessa's are giving you that much trouble. I've never killed 3/8 in a lobby and thought to myself,  "I coulda totally got the rest of them if it wasn't for that damn medic perk..."  

I don't want to join the git gud crowd, I'm just saying maybe that Vanessa thats been nicking all your traps and kiting you for half the round was more skilled at being a counselor than you are at being a Jason.

• Thanks 1

I disagree, there aren't enough worthwhile perks to warrant a handful of good ones to be removed from the list.

If Medic absolutely needs a nerf, make it so that the two-use feature is for other players only and not for yourself. That, or make using Med Sprays on yourself take longer than usual.

i think medsprays in general should be fixed, you should have 2 heals for the entire game and thats it. its ridiculous that people can be put into near death 6 times and still spray themselves briefly and be right back to healthy n running.

Then grab them and make them wish they picked up a pocket knife instead of 3 med sprays. I'm sorry but I didn't know this was a thing. Are you guys serious?

5 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

i think medsprays in general should be fixed, you should have 2 heals for the entire game and thats it. its ridiculous that people can be put into near death 6 times and still spray themselves briefly and be right back to healthy n running.

5 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

,,,Well, what about people with 6 med sprays looping a specific pattern of broken windows?

This to me is much more of an issue then Vanessa trippin' traps.

I know for a fact im driving Jason players insane when i have 6 med sprays.  Even without Vanessa.  I can drag out a chase for 10-15 alone....  I feel like im basically abusing a perk to play like an idiot.   And it works.

I can rub my crotch over every broken window i see..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Somethin Cool said:

Then grab them and make them wish they picked up a pocket knife instead of 3 med sprays. I'm sorry but I didn't know this was a thing. Are you guys serious?

thats the exact reason why i only grab in the first place. but im saying in general its a pretty stupid game mechanic. a player with medic and 2 medsprays can take every single bear trap you place as a +traps jason with relative ease if theyre also good at juking and stamina managment. or jump out of several 2 story windows and generally loop hundreds of windows all over juking you for half a game because they never have to worry about consequences to their body gore. its retarded the counselors are getting so babysitted that they can get themselves into a dying states 6 or even more times in a single game and keep healing over and over again. got hacked in the face 5 times with an axe by a superhuman slasher? no problem, ran into 5 different bear traps cutting both your feet off? no prob just spray your left arm and youre good to go.

Lol usually by mid match there's plenty of them laying around on the ground anyway. The cream rises to the top. The good player is still going to give you trouble regardless of how many med spray uses they get out of a can. As far as early match, I'd say stop tunneling. Vanessa wants you to chase her. Don't fall for it...

@The Wolf with that Toast I am glad to see you added the nerf option to the poll... but I cannot register a vote to it as I voted no before you added it... but most people will misinterpret the nerf and vote against it anyway I think.... people love having 6 med sprays for some reason. I just don't find it necessary to ever use medic myself... but I did use it during my first couple months of playing until I understood more about the game.

@dandop1984 I see no problem with your suggested nerf to medic. Your suggestion still gives an extra med spray... which is good, but not nearly as overpowered as medic is now with the amount of sprays in game.
   There is also a thread suggesting more traps for -Trap Jason variants in the suggestion section... I think it is too much of a buff to give any Jasons more traps... my reasons are stated in that thread.

The only people who want Medic nerfed are the same people who want 2 PKs and health sprays per match. People are refusing to adapt to any patch, because everything has to be in Jason’s favor. Why do we want to nerf or get rid of one the only good perks in the game? Do people really want to be handed kill after kill? If a counselor is smarter and better than you and outsmarts you, don’t complain about Medic. 

Okay , as it seems , many People don´t want it nerfed and ok. I am surprised but my main Goal was to find out how you guys think. I just think it is pretty broken but that´s just my opinion.

13 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

The only people who want Medic nerfed are the same people who want 2 PKs and health sprays per match. People are refusing to adapt to any patch, because everything has to be in Jason’s favor. Why do we want to nerf or get rid of one the only good perks in the game? Do people really want to be handed kill after kill? If a counselor is smarter and better than you and outsmarts you, don’t complain about Medic. 

Its comments like this that make want to head butt a wall^

You do know that we all play as counselors right?   We can all see the way having 6 med sprays can make certain aspects of this game a total joke.

Its got nothing to do with adapting, whos smarter or being in Jasons favor. 

• Like 1

Medic would be fine to me if Jason weren't so ridiculously out classed in melee. As it is, counselors can heal 6 times, more if they exploit and people still laughably try to make the argument that Jason is OP? Against newer players maybe. Even 7 counselors of differing variety with skill? Nope. Against 7 trolol/meta counselors? Definitely not.

When counselors can swing through his swings. The scrawny ass counselors can swing through the swings of a 7 foot killer. Its laughable.

If anything...

1. Remove swift attacker

2. If hit first, counselors are knocked back and can't swing through his swings

3. Counselors can damage each other with melee, but NOT kill. Same idea with the shotty or flare gun. If you don't shoot Jason correctly, it results in the trade off of freeing the counselor, but resulting in them auto limping. This would add more consequence in mobs. Its not team killing and yes trolls would be trying to cause limps, but at least there would be trade off.

4. Add godframes after every stun like he had in the early days. Making stunning harder the more he gets stunned, especially in rage.

5. Oh...add some kind of lasting impact of low composure...like falling on top of tripping. Now when you try to kite him up close like people often do, your taking a big chance because if you fall...dead since he could simply bypass the grab and kill you on the ground.

• Like 1

Or you could simply learn how to properly use Jason. He can shift grab a Vanessa running at full speed pretty easily now. He has stalk. Use it to catch them off guard.  Think about where the counselor is going to go instead of chasing them around like an angry dog. That counselor is running to the next cabin? Morph or shift ahead of them and cut them off. Vanessa's trolling you around that big table? Use sideways shift and let that dumb bitch run right into you. Counselors ganging up on you and beating the shit outta you? Go into combat stance and use block. Let the idiots beat on you til they break their weapons then kill them. And seriously, stop trying to grab that Tiffany while the Fox is standing right next to her with a machete. It's not going to work and they're just trying to get your mask off. Come on people use your heads. You're not playing with the bots...

8 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Or you could simply learn how to properly use Jason. 

Its really not the point.

You have to look at from both side of the fence.

2 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Its really not the point.

You have to look at from both side of the fence.

How is that not the point? The only ones complaining about the medic perk or traps for that matter are the people that apparently don't know how to use Jason. Otherwise it wouldn't be a problem right? Doesn't matter if they have 6 med sprays if they're already dead...