wes

Post Engine Update...umm..Update

This game feels like it's broken at its core.  Essentially they are playing a shell game with glitches. One is fixed and another pops up in its place.  My new faves are not being to interact with anything after being in combat stance and the kill animations being jittery.  The game feels worse after the last update.  I've played this game for a year (and it is the first video game I've played with any regularity since 2005 or so) and I can't help but feel like I wish I hadn't reentered this world after the latest update.  I don't understand what the problem could be. 

On 5/29/2018 at 2:28 PM, ShiftySamurai said:

The possibility of spawning as Uber without selecting him is very small, but fear not, the people being banned right now are done because there is definitive proof that the character was accessed by other means. 

Oh really? What about the player that was perma-banned for getting stuck in that small area in Jarvis House, then asking Jason to kill him because he couldn't get out?

I might be going crazy. To me it feels like Jason's grip strength has been reduced on every Jason. Counselors seem to be breaking out of grabs much quicker. Anyone else notice this. I'm not sure if it's an intentional change, a bug, or I've finally gone off the deep end.

Besides counselors not being able to go inside cabins after fighting Jason or use med sprays, they also can't block quickly anymore without having to wait a second after the combat stance animation.

On 5/29/2018 at 11:25 AM, tyrant666 said:

2. Jason really can't combat stance doors anymore effectively as before

Don't think he should be able to now that he can't get hit through doors so I'm totally fine with the delay he has.

10 minutes ago, MortenMagnePal said:

Xbox update next week but PC and PS4 get it this week ?

Last week they said 'early next week' thursday is fast approaching and no word yet -_-

• Like 2

Just now, FART_SMUCKER said:

Last week they said 'early next week' thursday is fast approaching and no word yet -_-

Shifty just said on Twitter most likely   Xbox getting it last

13 minutes ago, MortenMagnePal said:

Xbox update next week but PC and PS4 get it this week ?

They said it’s coming out this week? But only on PS4, and PC?

52 minutes ago, MortenMagnePal said:

I know, I was saying that last week he said "early next week" and its almost Thursday...and no patch....I'm on Steam by the way hence my 'wtf'ness about this.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2018 at 9:51 PM, A.J. Mason said:

I might be going crazy. To me it feels like Jason's grip strength has been reduced on every Jason. Counselors seem to be breaking out of grabs much quicker. Anyone else notice this. I'm not sure if it's an intentional change, a bug, or I've finally gone off the deep end.

What I'm noticing is injured councillors break out of grabs just as fast as un-injured councillors.

It's ridiculous grabbing a near dead Tommy and he breaks out of the grab in 2 seconds :Z

once upon a time grabs used to be near impossible to break out of while injured, no matter who you were (it also makes more sense that injuries doom you in a grab)!!

I think this is a glitch????

1 hour ago, MortenMagnePal said:

Not really a good sign IMO. It seems updates they cant pass thur Microsoft cert process quick end up introducing more bugs than they fix. Thats been the track record so far but we will see. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, K3ys3r S0z3 said:

Not really a good sign IMO. It seems updates they cant pass thur Microsoft cert process quick end up introducing more bugs than they fix. Thats been the track record so far but we will see. 

Xbox players getting screwed again!! This week was stated...now next week...wtf?!? I tried to be patient, keeping pretty quiet on complaints. After waiting months for an update...get excited to only see new problems introduced and now a delay on the hotfix?!? I’m trying to be positive...yet this is getting old. Hopefully this hotfix won’t get skipped....like the last one did. (For Xbox users.) ? It’s not right...we all payed for a game to work correctly. Issue after issue...I’m pretty frustrated. I don’t like to leave rants...yet this did it. Also yes...I did expect this...which is sad. All better...rant is over. Have a good day everyone! ?

• Like 1

On 5/29/2018 at 5:16 PM, WashingtonJones said:

Even though we are the superior gaming experience, this is not about that

I own the game on both PC and PS4, and have put in extensive time on both platforms, and can conclude there is no worthwhile advantage of choosing to stay exclusive to the PC version. In a head-to-head comparison, PC edges PS4 right now only because of dedicated servers for quick play, which is also negated in the same aspect because of how easy it is for hackers to cheat on PC. For people who play mainly private matches there is virtually no difference between the two, unless you're micro-obsessive over minute details that most gamers aren't concerned about. While I do enjoy the PC version of the game, I certainly wouldn't call it a superior gaming experience. My most memorable matches have all come on PS4. And I have no personal loyalty to one platform over the other.

6 minutes ago, SteveChristy said:

While I do enjoy the PC version of the game, I certainly wouldn't call it a superior gaming experience. My most memorable matches have all come on PS4. And I have no personal loyalty to one platform over the other.

30fps vs 60fps and loads of input lag is not a minute difference. 

Hacking is an overstated go-to too. 

Also I was saying that PCs in general are the superior platform, it's unquestionable. 

I also think PC players can't tolerate the performance quality of F13 which is why the playerbase is so weak.

2 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

30fps vs 60fps and loads of input lag is not a minute difference. 

Hacking is an overstated go-to too. 

Also I was saying that PCs in general are the superior platform, it's unquestionable. 

I also think PC players can't tolerate the performance quality of F13 which is why the playerbase is so weak.

Opinions are always questionable.

As stated, I'm a frequent player on both platforms, both in and outside of Friday the 13th, and for me, my best gaming experiences have come from PS4. Just chiming in with perspective from someone with a neutral stance. I see these PC vs. console debates everywhere, and don't see the need for allegiance to one while shunning the other. PC is good for certain games I like that consoles don't offer. Same can be said for consoles. To this day I am baffled when I hear someone say what a disaster it was that Red Dead Redemption never came out on PC because they'll never get to play it. They make the choice to never get to enjoy that awesome game because they flat out refuse to play on a console. That's madness to me. I currently own an Atari 2600, an NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, N64, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, and I have a gaming PC. There's games I like on each platform for different reasons. I don't put one over the other in any sense.

Back on the topic at hand; I could play Friday on PS4 for three solid hours then switch to PC and notice some differences, especially after the engine update. But, there's nothing the PC version offers that would make me refuse to play the PS4 version again.

• Like 1

I can't see consoles as nothing but scaled down PCs at this point. There's nothing unique about them besides their underperformance and thier hardware architecture. 

That's why I love the Switch. It's a console that is a new expansion of something, instead of an abbreviation.

The accuracy of mouse and keyboard is no joke either. I'm new to it and I suck at it but I'm already more accurate, out the gate, with a mouse than a joystick.

All I see are restrictions now when I look at a console. 

It's unfortunate that people still want them. 

Either way, everything will come from the cloud eventually so they'll both be obsolete....hopefully sooner than later.

1 minute ago, WashingtonJones said:

I can't see consoles as nothing but scaled down PCs at this point. There's nothing unique about them besides their underperformance and thier hardware architecture. 

That's why I love the Switch. It's a console that is a new expansion of something, instead of an abbreviation.

The accuracy of mouse and keyboard is no joke either. I'm new to it and I suck at it but I'm already more accurate, out the gate, with a mouse than a joystick.

All I see are restrictions now when I look at a console. 

It's unfortunate that people still want them. 

Either way, everything will come from the cloud eventually so they'll both be obsolete....hopefully sooner than later.

I would switch to PC if it's wasn't for all the hacking.

1 minute ago, TiffanyxAJ said:

I would switch to PC if it's wasn't for all the hacking.

It's not as bad, at all, as people make it out to be.

I've encountered extremely far less hacking than anyone on consoles has suffered hosts quitting or dashboarding. 

In fact I can only think of 1 time that I saw legit hacking. It was a speed hacker. Otherwise it was inconsequential cosmetic stuff like Savini or Uber Jason, which gives no advantage to the cheater, so why care?

PCs are like the city. People from the country imagine that people from the city are getting their houses broken into every two hours.