Sign in to follow this  
Shelly Finkelstein

Is counselors knife animation bugged now ?

On Steam.

Since the update, every time I got stabbed in the neck (offline and online), the animation seems totally broken, counselors are breaking free with the "no knife break free" animation and I can see the knife flying from them to the neck... like flying a 3 feet distance. The stabbing animation isn't  triggered anymore.
That kinda break the ambiance.

And by the way, have knives number being increased for bots or what ? Now 5/7 of theme got knives each match.

14 minutes ago, Shelly Finkelstein said:

Since the update, every time I got stabbed in the neck (offline and online), the animation seems totally broken, counselors are breaking free with the "no knife break free" animation and I can see the knife flying from them to the neck... like flying a 3 feet distance. The stabbing animation isn't  triggered anymore.
That kinda break the ambiance.

And by the way, have knives number being increased for bots or what ? Now 5/7 of theme got knives each match.

Yes and yes. If you want easy to kill bots put it on easy.

I don't want easy kill bots I just noticed than before patch they used like 3 knives instead of 5. So I was wandering if it is due to the fact they use the items better (said in patch note) or if they just boost the knives number (like 2 patch ago when Jason was bullied in multi and they had to drop the number)

Hope the animation will be fixed soon, that's not the kind of bug they should have left in before the release.
I'm glad this update came in May, but a June release without those kind of bugs (missing sounds and Jason texture issues in multi for ex.) would have been better.

Oh, I've read the patch note again and I had mistaken, it's "Weapon pickup preferences" not "Item pickup" ... and yes it state "Starting Items and Perks" ... so they have knives from the start.

I though they'll have your own counselors perks (and skins)... but it seems not, it's special bot perks. Too bad.

The animation seems to have been put in place to avoid pocket knives from being saved when a counselor saves another counselor from Jason's grab fast enough. Now that the animation starts up so fast, it is significantly harder to save a counselor before they use their pocket knife. Then again, it could just be a coding error.

3 minutes ago, Nougat said:

The animation seems to have been put in place to avoid pocket knives from being saved when a counselor saves another counselor from Jason's grab fast enough. Now that the animation starts up so fast, it is significantly harder to save a counselor before they use their pocket knife. Then again, it could just be a coding error.

I'm thinking coding error.