Zenigundam

Wth is going on with the salt mines?

I'm playing for the first time in a week and I see no difference with anything after this supposed mega update. Is this a scam or something?

I’ve been having even more hosts quitting than before which has been frustrating. Even in private lobbies. XB1

1 minute ago, Zenigundam said:

I'm playing for the first time in a week and I see no difference with anything after this supposed mega update. Is this a scam or something?

No people have been sent to the mines. 

3 minutes ago, ColdArmy13 said:

I’ve been having even more hosts quitting than before which has been frustrating. Even in private lobbies. XB1

Private lobbies don't get penalized, I thought?

I've still am getting quite a bit of "connection to host lost". In the few games I tried to play last night, only a handful were completed in a lobby where the ping would fluctuate for everybody during times in the match. Gave my friend the keys and as soon as he started the car, it went to minimum 500 ping to 700-999 ping for a a least a minute or so. Long enough for my friend to send the car flying in Blairs Cove into a tree. For a second I thought we were going to have a treehouse, but it fell backwards. 

• Haha 1

Wow this update has been a massive fail then based on what everybody has said in here. After a year and three days, I might have to stop playing because I have way too many better games that I still haven't beaten on PS4 and Switch.

• Like 1

Yes, it absolutely is some janky half working bs they threw in to scam people into waiting even longer for dedicated servers.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, FridayFan13 said:

Yes, it absolutely is some janky half working bs they threw in to scam people into waiting even longer for dedicated servers.

Dedicated Servers ain't gonna mean shit if they don't get the game working properly. Nobody will be left to play.

I'm starting to think they're screwing up so they lose enough players to say it's not worth buying/setting up dedicated servers. And why wouldn't they do that? They've already made a shit ton of money, right?

That's just my opinion, but feel free to give any other reasons why they'd consistently ruin their own game with glitches and cheaters.

• Like 1

Im curious as well. Had a game the other night where 2 or 3 people left about 5 minutes into the game for whatever reason. I'm thinking there are 2 possibilities...either these people leaving do not keep up with the news and updates, and therefore do not know about the salt mines, or they are fully aware of the salt mines, and simply choose to ignore them because they either don't care, or are trolls, maybe both. Whatever the case is, I'm really hoping that these people leaving will soon end up in the salt mines, so it will no longer be an issue.

3 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Dedicated Servers ain't gonna mean shit if they don't get the game working properly. Nobody will be left to play.

I'm starting to think they're screwing up so they lose enough players to say it's not worth buying/setting up dedicated servers. And why wouldn't they do that? They've already made a shit ton of money, right?

That's just my opinion, but feel free to give any other reasons why they'd consistently ruin their own game with glitches and cheaters.

I can’t tell you. Gun media got so lucky being handed this IP and they dropped the ball badly. Really a shame.

• Like 1

Just now, FridayFan13 said:

I can’t tell you. Gun media got so lucky being handed this IP and they dropped the ball badly. Really a shame.

It would be great if they had only dropped it. They dropped it, soaked it in gas, lit it on fire and then kicked into a dumpster.........

and now you know how dumpster fires are born. ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I’m in the camp saying consoles won’t get them, it’s a bit late for all of that really. Plus, that would make the “salt mines” unnecessary. PC has had them since launch and their player base has dwindled as well.

11 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Yep, I have felt this way for some time myself.

3 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Yep, I have felt this way for some time myself.

It's the only thing I can think of that makes any sense given the entire situation.

Just now, BrokenFattHardy said:

It's the only thing I can think of that makes any sense given the entire situation.

Yeah @AldermachXI and I have been discussing this angle for a while. And the longer things go on, and their neglect for things with this game and community, it seems to be the logical answer.

1 hour ago, ColdArmy13 said:

This for me as well.  It's weird, I've been playing for about 3 months and before the update I can't remember having a host quitting in a Private Lobby but now it happens like every other match.  Quick Play is nightmare.  The rage quitting has gotten worse not better.

2 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Yeah @AldermachXI and I have been discussing this angle for a while. And the longer things go on, and their neglect for things with this game and community, it seems to be the logical answer.

Pocket the cash, deliver bare minimum, call it a wash and move on.

1 minute ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Pocket the cash, deliver bare minimum, call it a wash and move on.

Isn't this the business model for almost all crowd financed projects?

5 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

Isn't this the business model for almost all crowd financed projects?

I don't know. This is the only one I believed in enough to back.

And it'll be the last.

I can’t be alone in the amount of “connection to host lost!” I’ve been getting.  It happened twice while I was Jason the passed two days and I can only think the amount of people “leaving” still are just losing connection. I’d be willing to wager that 1/3 people getting infractions didn’t do anything to receive them. I’m still seeing major teaming/exploiting/trolling. Time will show in a month’s time if the salt mines actually work. I’m guessing that with all the connection issues, everyone eventually will have a similar amount of infractions—some they did and some they didn’t deserve— making the system pointless. 

1 hour ago, noahvt said:

The salt mines do work, it takes about 4 quits as a counselor to get in.

It only takes about 30 minutes to get out though so you’ll barely even notice it.

Is this how it works? Basically trolls are only punished by the time they are done playing only to repeat for the next day? You cant be serious

3 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Over a year after launch...I can't imagine that they'll deliver on the servers this late in the game, especially with all the new bugs they just introduced. They missed their window of opportunity, big-time.

I won't be shocked if they quietly can the servers.

8 hours ago, noahvt said:

The salt mines do work, it takes about 4 quits as a counselor to get in.

It only takes about 30 minutes to get out though so you’ll barely even notice it.

I'm finding this not true about it being 30 minutes. I host lobbies all the time and never quit them unless a game is over. Ever. I actually hosted a single lobby for almost 7 hours straight Friday night until the lobby started spamming the ready/unready button which caused the lobby to lockup and the game to eventually crash. The same thing happened after a 6 hour hosting session Sunday night. Spamming the button until another crash. An hour and a half ago it happened again after about an hour of hosting and since then I can't join any games due to low priority and I get placed in my own lobby where no one joins. I don't see how the punishment fits the crime here.

Edit to add: I'm talking hosting public lobbies. If I land in my own I will stay in it until I no longer want to play for the day/night because I get tired of quitters when I for example finally find a tape and then have the host leave taking that tape with them when they quit.

Last night, first time I was Jason since the update... every single one of the counselor leaved the game under 3 min ... the salt mine doesn't seem to scare people.

I've been locked out of the game for over 2 hours now. Out of curiosity here, Am I just adding to my "punishment" time by leaving my empty lobby that the game puts me in after a minute of searching/cooldowns because no one ever joins? I'm finding it a little frustrating that I can't play a game I bought for hours now because the creators have bad code that causes the game to crash and they decided that punishing the playerbase for having their games crash is the best solution. Why should I/we be punished for their lack of quality control?