Jump to content

Recommended Posts

For those of us who do not want to GRIND all the way to level 150, putting in hours, upon hours, upon hours, upon hours, upon hours, upon hours, upon hours of redundant work on this game just to achieve max level, can we instead buy it as a DLC?

Seriously!  I would pay a few dollars to get to max level.

How much would it take?  $2?  $3?  $5?  $10?  $20?

I'd probably pay a max of $3 for this option.  And it would allow your account to be max level from now until the end of time (any time level cap is increased).

I am level 61, it has taken forever to get there (I play, but not all day every day).

Let those of us who want to pay for max level pay to get there, please?

P.S.

I got this idea from the Accelerator that 2K games has for the WWE games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BFizzle said:

I really don't see this happening. And definitely not for $3.

But would more people do it for $3, or for $10?  Just saying.

Then they would have to predict sales of the DLC, and multiply their predictions by what the hypothetical charge would be.

Say 3 million people own this game.

Say 100,000 of them would buy this option if priced right.

Now let's say only 10,000 of them would pay $5 or over for the DLC.

What would they make more money off of?

100,000 x $3 = 300,000

10,000 x $10 = $100,000

The higher the price, the less people you will get to buy something, but the more money per that 1 transaction you can make.

I would say going for what brings in a higher number would be a better option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they cared that much about making an extra profit, they'd release the lingerie pack they've had coded for months. Boggles the mind why they aren't churning out more paid DLC...

But regardless, they're not going to let you buy max level lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buying Max level would be a spit in the face to everyone who legit earned it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When there is events like this one with bonus exp if you know how you can level up fast enough as it is there is no need to pay to get to 150, even with out the bonus exp there are ways to level up fast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BFizzle said:

If they cared that much about making an extra profit, they'd release the lingerie pack they've had coded for months. Boggles the mind why they aren't churning out more paid DLC...

But regardless, they're not going to let you buy max level lol.

I'd pay my hard earned money to run around in underwear as my counselors.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lazerus_86 said:

Buying Max level would be a spit in the face to everyone who legit earned it.

 

Im currently level 125..   And don't care about levels.  Infact i have never felt like i've earned anything.  It just a waiting game.

I really don't see why people need to spend over 600 hours to play this game just unlock basic/fun content.

Im all for people paying to skip the unnecessary grind to 150.  Id pay $40 right now just to skip the last 25 levels.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, ausanimal said:

When there is events like this one with bonus exp if you know how you can level up fast enough as it is there is no need to pay to get to 150, even with out the bonus exp there are ways to level up fast

I've played about 20 hours this weekend only walked away with 5 levels gained.    Basically its about a level an hour with bonus xp.  (Also lucky enough no one quit all weekend)

 

Back to default xp gained.  Which is basically 99% of the time.   It takes about 2 hours to gain one level.  (IF no one quits)     

Its really just a pointless mindless grind.  Which of course people who less times on their hands would gladly pay to skip.  Because the content gated off from them is probably years away still.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I've played about 20 hours this weekend only walked away with 5 levels gained.    Basically its about a level an hour with bonus xp.  (Also lucky enough no one quit all weekend)

That math ain't adding up, chief.

tenor.gif?itemid=6081931

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BFizzle said:

That math ain't adding up, chief.

tenor.gif?itemid=6081931

So are you say my xp bar is broken?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

So are you say my xp bar is broken?

Yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

So are you say my xp bar is broken?

If you really played 20 hours and only leveled up 5 levels, that’s one level every four hours. That... really doesn’t sound right. Even during non-double XP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, BFizzle said:

If you really played 20 hours and only leveled up 5 levels, that’s one level every four hours. That... really doesn’t sound right. Even during non-double XP.

I think the way i described it came out wrong..lol

 

But seriously..   Played 20 hours during the 130% bonus.  I went from lvl 120-125.  Granted i did play alot of single player challenges too.. (About 2-3 hours)

 

The XP gain in this game is painfully slow.  Even with 130% xp

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, you couldn't really class it as a "pay to win" situation since you're just unlocking more variety instead of more power. I get that not everyone has the many required hours to sink into reaching max level and it does seem kinda unfair to not let those people enjoy the full content available in the game.

I guess a "time saver pack" that allows people to skip ahead ten levels for $4.99 seems reasonable, and would help fund future content, servers and updates.

I'm level 150 and wouldn't be too fussed about people paying to level up considering that it would also help prolong the life of the game.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You'd pay "a max of $3". How cute. I'm sure the developers will weigh that up with the 100+ hours lvl 150s have put into the game.

In all seriousness, this is stupid. Why would developers disincentive players to play less by making the xp requirement minimal. Don't hold your breathe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, TreeP said:

You'd pay "a max of $3". How cute. I'm sure the developers will weigh that up with the 100+ hours lvl 150s have put into the game.

In all seriousness, this is stupid. Why would developers disincentive players to play less by making the xp requirement minimal. Don't hold your breathe.

It would never happen but you have to admit, the leveling system is abysmal without double xp and it shouldn't be indicative to people who were at the right place at the right time to reach level 150. It should be a natural progression that doesn't make you feel like every game is a single drop into an ocean for a game that's level system should be a bucket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fourkillmaster said:

It would never happen but you have to admit, the leveling system is abysmal without double xp and it shouldn't be indicative to people who were at the right place at the right time to reach level 150. It should be a natural progression that doesn't make you feel like every game is a single drop into an ocean for a game that's level system should be a bucket.

The leveling up process is straight forward and easy. The problem is people who quite before the match is over which has the effect of lessening xp or completely none if the quitter is the host. Blame the devs for not installing dedicated servers instead of this salt mine bullshit.

Compared to most games I've played - COD/Borderlands etc etc the leveling up system is slightly generous. I agree that XP weekends should be more often (maybe once every other month) there's no other game I've played where you can gain XP for doing such trivial things like picking up a weapon. People obviously like to whine, which isn't surprising considering most of these bratty attitudes come from 12 year olds who shouldn't even be playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think being able to buy max level makes sense, but being able to pay to unlock some content? Maybe...

I mean, the levelling up IS slow. VERY slow, especially if you play pure counsellor. I've just looked at my account, I've played for THIRTY NINE hours, and am level 29. I've not even unlocked Fox yet (let alone Victoria!). If you figure it's approximately an hour per level, which obviously it's not as I'm a lower level than hours I've played, that means I need to put in another 13 hours to unlock Victoria. That's more time than I spend playing most games NEW.

So I can understand the frustration from people not wanting to dedicate literally days of their lives to unlock certain characters.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also - level implies experience. It's like having a level 5 with Savini Jason. Has an overpowered Jason but can't play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm surprise that is no dll for this already. U can do anything with the files of this game

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TreeP said:

The leveling up process is straight forward and easy. The problem is people who quite before the match is over which has the effect of lessening xp or completely none if the quitter is the host. Blame the devs for not installing dedicated servers instead of this salt mine bullshit.

Compared to most games I've played - COD/Borderlands etc etc the leveling up system is slightly generous. I agree that XP weekends should be more often (maybe once every other month) there's no other game I've played where you can gain XP for doing such trivial things like picking up a weapon. People obviously like to whine, which isn't surprising considering most of these bratty attitudes come from 12 year olds who shouldn't even be playing.

   I agree that the leveling system in this game is "slightly" generous compared to a few other games I could mention.... and they do a double XP event on a monthly basis, so far. Two per month would be an increase and many people would be much happier with that.
   I put in the time to level up like everyone else who has done it... and I would never pay for anything you can earn in game... on any game. However, I will buy any DLC content that I like for a game, as long as it at least looks to be worth the price tag.
   As for the dedicated servers on consoles.... they are a problem and need to be fixed. Perhaps the devs should award some XP to these players based on their current level vs. average number of games in which a host quits vs. games it take to go up one level. Due to the losses they put up with from hosts quitting.... they earned the XP and lost it through no fault of their own. I am on PC, but I understand how frustrating that would be.

@Slit518   A player's level and certain things you can unlock at high levels are indicators that you are playing with a high level player that just might have some serious skill. Giving the option to buy max level and all level unlockables is just stupid. If you like the game that much.... then play it and earn your unlockable rewards. In time, you will level up... but it takes time and effort, just like it takes to make the money you would spend on what you suggest.... and patience... did I mention patience?.... patience is a virtue.
   Giving max level out for money does not keep players playing the game... and gives no incentive to continue playing to earn anything... players that enjoy the game will stick around and play, earning these things as they go. When you do the work to earn something, there is a sense of achievement... which you do not get if you did not do the work.
   And really.... suggesting $3... for something that takes literally hundreds of hours for someone to achieve? Do you understand the value of money vs. the time you put into something? Work for it... you just might like the sense of achievement over the sense of entitlement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...