Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

So with this latest update, door combat has been fixed. Counselor's can no longer hit Jason through a door, but Jason can hit a counselor. Well it seems that people have found a way around that already, they can hit Jason through the window! What do you guys think? Do you think this should be changed? I don't personally have a problem with it, but so many people were happy about the door combat fix, I can't imagine they are too happy with the window combat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No as its a gaping hole. The only thing that bothered me about door combat was the clipping.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have an issue with windows.

Door combat was more of a clipping issue and it disrupted the whole "cat and mouse" aspect of the game by slowing down Jason while he is trying to pressure counselors. That is what the bear traps/insta-stun weapons (flare gun and shotgun) are for. Jason can't climb through a window or pressure a counselor much besides throwing a knife through the opening. It's pretty much a non-issue by any measure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, justice4all said:

but Jason can hit a counselor

You realise you have to have your nose against the door for this to happen? 

 

@fourkillmaster, you mean like this?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh by the way guys! I gotta tell you guys something.

 

 

 

Counselors can actually still hit Jason through doors, that's ONLY if Jason's body clips through the door if he Combat Stances it. I personally see it as fair game lol. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Window combat used to be fine, because it was easy to smash the windows with combat stance or just by free swinging from far enough away. But the changes to the way Jason swings has made this much, much more difficult if not impossible in some situations. If they don't revert Jason's swing they need to remove hitting Jason through windows as well.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The issue I have with window combat is that it's the initiator whenever I have Jason's controls lock up on me for half of a match.  Anytime I can't slash or use a skill for a prolonged period of time, it's because of an error with window combat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did some testing on free swinging the windows.

Pick axe, pig splitter, shears, machete and fire axe all hit the side of the cabin now and not the glass. 

Axe, spear, battle axe and pitchfork will still hit windows. 

Against a window that's already open vertically only the pick axe, shears, spear and pitchfork do not break the glass. You'll be hard press to get them to break using CS heavy attack with the pick axe and shears. The spear and pitchfork are impossible to break. 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MichaelMemers said:

Window combat used to be fine, because it was easy to smash the windows with combat stance or just by free swinging from far enough away. But the changes to the way Jason swings has made this much, much more difficult if not impossible in some situations. If they don't revert Jason's swing they need to remove hitting Jason through windows as well.

The heavy overhead works fine for it, unless you’re using Spear / trident in some cases which has no overhead anymore. The axes (with the exception of Fireaxe) also have vertical range issues so sometimes they have difficulty breaking the open windows. But that was no different last patch either.

Machete / Shears, Fire Axe / Pig Splitter are still good for window combat and have a lot of range to keep safe distance.

@Loading It honestly all depends on the cabin and the terrain you’re on. Stick to heavy overhead and you’ll be fine. I’m also not sure why you’re having difficulty with Shears since it’s the same weapon type as Machete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

The heavy overhead works fine for it, unless you’re using Spear / trident in some cases which has no overhead anymore. The axes (with the exception of Fireaxe) also have vertical range issues so sometimes they have difficulty breaking the open windows. But that was no different last patch either.

Machete / Shears, Fire Axe / Pig Splitter are still good for window combat and have a lot of range to keep safe distance.

It can work, but it's often finicky and you have to aim at a weird spot to get it to work. And hitting open vertical windows is a huge pain. Doing the "smash the window, then knife them when they finish getting up" strategy is a lot harder now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MichaelMemers said:

It can work, but it's often finicky and you have to aim at a weird spot to get it to work. And hitting open vertical windows is a huge pain.

For the axes yes, they can be a pain to hit open vertical windows. But only some, like I said entirely depends on the cabin / terrain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

For the axes yes, they can be a pain to hit open vertical windows. But only some, like I said entirely depends on the cabin / terrain.

I've been mostly using machete and pig splitter and have found it tricky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MichaelMemers said:

I've been mostly using machete and pig splitter and have found it tricky.

Those 2 weapons have a lot of range so you need to put more distance between yourself and the window. Which is a good thing since you can be out of the reach of the counselor behind a window, and still break it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...