Dolemite

Every Bot has Multiple Pocket Knives and Firecrackers ARRRGGHH

yes, i did two rounds to check some new things out. in both rounds I took 7 knifes !

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Either lower the difficulty, or just kill them with knives / slashes. They are not able to counterhit like real human players can so there’s no danger. Problem solved.

16 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

No. Problem not solved. Nobody wants to win by slashing as Jason. That’s not why we play this game. 

What Charie said.

13 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

What Charie said.

Offline bots isn’t why people play this game either. The state of the AI is pretty irrelevant. I can’t imagine how someone could be interested in offline for very long tbh. 

At best it is a practice mode for multiplayer for those who are new to the game.

36 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Offline bots isn’t why people play this game either. The state of the AI is pretty irrelevant. I can’t imagine how someone could be interested in offline for very long tbh. 

I've seen a lot of people on here who would disagree with you, including myself. Besides, once multiplayer dies for good, the single-player stuff will be all we have. Why shouldn't it be as good as it could be?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

I've seen a lot of people on here who would disagree with you, including myself. Besides, once multiplayer dies for good, the single-player stuff will be all we have. Why shouldn't it be as good as it could be?

No argument there, although once multiplayer dies, offline won’t be enough to keep me playing. I’m sure it will be the same for a lot of people. IMO all time and resources should be going into multiplayer instead, to make it as good as it can be. Offline is really just a supplemental thing.

22 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

Exactly. When multiplayer dies, that's it. Truly will be a blow to those of us that main counselors, I'd like Jason AI.. I'd like them to put way more work into the bot AI and perhaps let us load them with perks, clothing and hand pick the counselors we want in the round. Just give us more options. 

38 minutes ago, FinalBoy said:

Exactly. When multiplayer dies, that's it. Truly will be a blow to those of us that main counselors, I'd like Jason AI.. I'd like them to put way more work into the bot AI and perhaps let us load them with perks, clothing and hand pick the counselors we want in the round. Just give us more options. 

Jason AI would at least be more worthwhile IMO. For me there’s nothing interesting about wiping bot lobbies, but going against a strong Jason AI could keep me occupied. I don’t think we’ll ever see that though.

• Like 1

Just now, Tommy86 said:

Jason AI would at least be more worthwhile IMO. For me there’s nothing interesting about wiping bot lobbies, but going against a strong Jason AI could keep me occupied. I don’t think we’ll ever see that though.

Completely agree. Apparently they said it would be much too difficult and expensive to program a great Jason AI.. but I hope they attempt it at some point because playing as a counselor is one of the only joys I get out of the game.

20 minutes ago, FinalBoy said:

Apparently they said it would be much too difficult and expensive to program a great Jason AI.

Trust them on this!! Look at all the time & money they've spent so far and look at what we have.

See my point?

I concur. It's made offline bots annoying. They had the perfect balance of pocketknives beforehand. I'm starting to develop that old "slash-first" mentality I had with the knife frenzy on MP last Fall, and that's discouraging.

Every game is competitive. Some games are more competitive than others. F13 isn't one of them. 

Approaching F13 competitively is like approaching a hooker romantically...it ain't gonna feel right and will end up being very unfulfilling.

When I play real competitive games, I don't give a shit about my character, what it looks like or what's gonna happen to it, as long as I win. 

Playing this game competitively has a shelf life of about a week, in my experience. It all becomes 1s and 0s at that point, and the speed and mechanics of the game alone aren't exciting enough to hold my interest.
It's a vibe based game and bots do a much better job at providing and maintaining the vibe I'm looking for.    

I'll take them getting caught on rocks and looping windows over the overall inconsistency of the multiplayer experience. 

At the end of some nights online, no matter how good or bad it was, I'll cap it off with a couple of bot rounds and I never end up being disappointed.
Ok some multiplayer nights end on a low note and then I'll start a bot round, and the notes start going lower, and then I karate kick my monitor into oblivion.
But those are rare. On a good to average night of online shenanigans (spelled it right on the first try, baby!!!), I always end up being satisfied with them. I'll be playing a bot round and one of them starts to do something stupid and I'll be like, "I caught 3 morons doing that same thing tonight!"  And my favorite thing to say to players online is "You're worse than the bots". And I'm not even trying to say it, it just comes out.

When I play, I give the bots something like a 5-second rule. If I catch them quick enough, before they start doing something too stupid, then there's no difference in experience between them and multiplayer. But if I see the stupidity for too long, then the moment becomes too dirty to eat.

I wanted to say something else but I can't remember........

@WashingtonJones Do you play online with friends? I can't imagine you would prefer offline bots to matches with a good party. Not even PM, just a QP match with a few friends at least and who are preferably good players.

In the current state of the game playing Jason offline is better then online with all the shit and bugs happening.

@Tommy86 Have you played Jason online since the patch dropped? There is so much annoying shit and Jason has an awful bug where he cannot exit combat stance unless you are doing one of the two things. Mashing the sprint button while moving or be at a complete standstill to exit. Going in and out of CS is so sluggish. The offline does not have this problem.

1 minute ago, Loading said:

In the current state of the game playing Jason offline is better then online with all the shit and bugs happening.

@Tommy86 Have you played Jason online since the patch dropped? There is so much annoying shit and Jason has an awful bug where he cannot exit combat stance unless you are doing one of the two things. Mashing the sprint button while moving or be at a complete standstill to exit. Going in and out of CS is so sluggish. The offline does not have this problem.

Yes I have, but I also haven't run into that issue. Although I did get interaction glitched for some reason. Personally offline just isn't fun for me because the AI is far too broken for me to enjoy. It seems to barely have changed / progressed from the last patch, AI still performs almost as poorly as it did before in my experience.

We just need the Devs to program in some tea bagging and you'd never be able to tell you're offline. 

59 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

@WashingtonJones Do you play online with friends? I can't imagine you would prefer offline bots to matches with a good party. Not even PM, just a QP match with a few friends at least and who are preferably good players.

I do but it's a mixed bag for me. 

For one, I refuse PMs because unless you're in the same neighborhood with everybody, everyone else's character but yours looks like they're running at 15 fps. Also, my real life friends don't play this. I got a couple to play a couple of times, but that was it. The day of the update though, I got two of them to play, one being brand new but a very good game player. That was the most fun I've had online since the beginning.
It would be a whole different story if I had more IRL friends on this. Not that Steam friends aren't great; it's just different when you really know the people you're playing with.  

Second, playing with friends is a lot more fun as a counselor than as Jason. If I get Jason a lot in a short period, and a lot of times it's back to back, I start getting bored around the 3rd time, especially if they're good cause then I'll also be exhausted. And that's also when I start to get the 1s and 0s feeling; the experience goes out of the Goldilocks zone. 
But I can play all 8 maps with the bots and be good, and it'll only take a little over an hour to boot.

Playing as Jason online, I like to either be alone or to be partied up with one or two other friends as opposed to a full group, but that's where predictability gives way to inconsistency. 

I'm not saying it's all terrible in QP. A lot of times it's awesome, just enough to keeping me from stopping. I'm also not saying the bots are incredible. All I'm saying is they're viable, at least for me, and a lot of times people are not much better in comparison with their actions. Also people frustrate me way more than bots, so there's that. Most games people quit on me (3/8 and No Survivors is not uncommon). That's gotta be worse than window looping or seeing them go into hiding spot after hiding spot. 

Another thing is Discord, which a lot of my friends use. I really like the proximity chat and using Discord makes that into a big mess, especially since I use a controller and can't be constantly switching audio feeds or push-to-talk on the fly.

I am learning mouse and keyboard. Soon I'll be capable to get just a little more out of this game, right in time for its death. 

• Like 1

Part of the reason I enjoy bot mode is that I simply get off on playing as Jason, as I've been a huge fan of the character and franchise for as long as I can remember. I'll be firing this game up on a regular basis for years to come, even if it's just to smack around some bot counselors here and there. So, on the sad day that they eventually pull the multi-player plug, I'll be happy at least knowing that the AI of the bots is sufficiently decent to sustain me.

I will miss playing as a counselor, however, but I think creating an effective Jason AI is almost impossible for these devs (or almost anybody, really), as there's far less wiggle room for errors than when creating counselor AI. One counselor stuck on a rock is no big deal if the others are working ok, but if Jason's stuck, the whole game is fucked.

Yes. Offline Bots were the perfect place to actually BE Jason. You could stalk and take your time killing these stupid counselors and never had to worry about the shit talking, and dancing, or tea bagging. Or ESPECIALLY having your immersion ruined by taking pocket knife after pocket knife in the neck. You could just hop on and BE Jason for a couple of minutes. That is now destroyed and gone thanks to this shitty update. 

• Sad 1

On 5/27/2018 at 8:26 PM, Dolemite said:

No offence, but did you even read the post you quoted before before replying to it? I said I like the AI improvements...my problem is just the fact that every bot starts with a knife and firecrackers now, which isn't really AI-related.

Gargle a dong.

Right but the added items help raise the difficulty. Developers use these types of tricks to increase difficulty. For instance in Modern Warfare 2 if on normal the enemy will miss a few shots now and again but on Hard the enemy becomes T-800 aim-bot terminators. In fact from what I have noticed the AI on normal acts similar to hard the only difference being the added items.

Playing it a whole bunch over the weekend (about 30 games), I'm feeling about between a third and a half start with knives and sprays.

Sometimes I grabbed a counselor early (normally if they were near the phone house) and killed them fine. On other occasions, they had a knife ready.

So that's my guess, and then others just getting lucky finding stuff in drawers within the two minutes or so it takes for me to encounter them. Plus the way they seem to get to searching more efficiently than they did before.

I hope they get the boat added in future, though. When it's Jarvis House with just the cops and one car, it's a cinch.

They still run for age into rocks on multiple places... they are not that smart.
But at least the infinite drawers loops seems to be fixed.
I still had a one time not moving Tommy on Cristal Lake map.

• Like 1

I don't think it makes it harder but it is a bit boring now, I wish easy mode was like the old BOT system.

Just now I played an offline on normal and I was collecting knives in the shack when the police were called as I morphed to the phone one of the cars was being repaired, it felt like items must have spawned next to objectives! Anyway I killed 3 bots and the cops arrive, I go over straight away and 4 of the bots are leaving already like they were standing by the exit which I never thought possible.

Do bots know the exits too?

You must play wrong... I've played multiple matches with bots on Hard yesterday and today... and they never escaped, none of them. You have to use traps and knives more efficiently.

They called cops 2 times because I forgot my trap was triggered, but they all died before the cops arrival.

But yes, it's not harder, it's just more painful in the ass to get stabbed so many times like 2 patches ago when Jason was bullied in multi player.

21 minutes ago, amberheardfan said:

Do bots know the exits too?

They certainly appear to. They always always drop what they're doing and all run full-speed there when the siren hits