PlayerAgainstTheMachine

The reason why this update was a mess and what to fix.

I had a lot of issues last night as a counselor with my swing action not working. I could get into combat stance, but I couldn't swing. This happened on more than one occasion, and I recall seeing a lot of items that could not be picked up (baseball bats, first aid, etc.)

17 hours ago, disco romance said:

I had a lot of issues last night as a counselor with my swing action not working. I could get into combat stance, but I couldn't swing. This happened on more than one occasion, and I recall seeing a lot of items that could not be picked up (baseball bats, first aid, etc.)

Yep this happened to me too, I had to get grabbed for swing. I couldn't get in windows or close doors too.

My last match, I chose to play as Victoria. I found myself playing as Adam, and the Jason had a bizarre texture to him. I ended up unable to interact with anything until freed from Jason's grip multiple times, and then I got the car going, got out of the car when Jason stopped it, and found myself rubber banding. It was minor at first, but then, while moving towards where the police would eventually come, I found myself teleporting across the entire map, including being transported underneath the lake (which was on the other side of the map from where I was) so that I was swimming underground, and gliding through sea and air, jumping high into the sky like Mario.

The game was in a better state at launch. Hell, I remember the beta being less buggy. I think I'm going to go play Dead by Daylight. They're actually going to test their next update. In fact, they are going to let the whole PC playerbase test it for them.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, pioneer67fkd said:

the update is fine i have played alot since yesterday im not seeing aton of bugs

Thank you!I thought I was losing my damn mind. 

The bugs I've seen

• Rainbow Blood in Pinehurst
  • Clone counselors  in challenge intro cut scenes
  • Counselors in wrong places in challenges (Like Buggzy and Adam arm wrestling facing away from each other, in the air, away from the table. Or Kenny and AJ not lining up properly for that head smash kill) 
  • Buggzy randomly standing in his wheelchair.
  • Roy's orange hands
  • Savini's messed up shirt texture
  • Jasons keeping their original animations when you swap their weapon (Part six holding the machete the same as a spear in combat stance, with left hand grasping the blade and right holding nothing)

20 hours ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

If the bots were actually more smarter 

Seems like the bots aren't the only thing that needs to be 'more smarter"    Know English isn't your first language, but I still found it funny and couldn't resist ?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, MichaelMemers said:

I think I'm going to go play Dead by Daylight. They're actually going to test their next update. In fact, they are going to let the whole PC playerbase test it for them.

I think that's the solution, make some type of test builds for PC so players can test it out and report bugs. I know some fellas will say "Oh, but they can't because if devs are going to put a test build from a upcoming content patch PC players would be able to test things before consoles whaa whaa", the solution should be: if they are going to release a Jason, block him so players can't get access to it, if they are going to release a counselor, same as Jason, block him and if they are going to release a map.... Well,  there is where devs should put their monkeys tester working, since it would be kinda unfair that PC players can play a new map first and spoil consoles players. Basically, what hackers are doing right now with the kills of Uber Jason.

27 minutes ago, JasonVsWindows said:

Counselors in wrong places in challenges (Like Buggzy and Adam arm wrestling facing away from each other, in the air, away from the table. Or Kenny and AJ not lining up properly for that head smash kill) 

I saw in the intro of challenge number seven A.J standing behind of A.J and Chad while they were making out, it was creepy as hell xD.

17 minutes ago, lazerus_86 said:

Seems like the bots aren't the only thing that needs to be 'more smarter"    Know English isn't your first language, but I still found it funny and couldn't resist ?

Well, im my career of English teacher is almost done and I play all the time with mic this game with people from North America, the weird thing is that they actually understand me, all of them. So if you say that, probably all people who play and my teachers at college must be deaf.

• Like 2

Jason's grab is okay. I usually never get shiftgrabbed, but with this new grab I've been grabbed more and more. My main gripe with the new updates is the awful amount of weapons(that were decreased in the last patch) and how their durability is ridiculously low now. Chad gets at most 6 hits out of a weapon and gets 2 out of the frying pan.  I haven't played a low-luck character yet so I can just imagine how awful it is for them. Also, you can no longer save a counselor before they use their pk or do the pk double-stun until you wait right when they can move.

I actually like Victoria's clothing, it's very unique. To each their own, I guess.

On 5/25/2018 at 10:00 PM, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

- Jason grab: I know this has been disscused a lot, but Jason grab right now is awful. Is slow, short and it just do a whole animation to do a simple thing. In consoles, Jason's with +Shift or with normal shift are a nightmare to play with, the shift moves freaking fast and with this new grab it's pretty damn hard to make a shift grab. If they want to keep the lock animation at least make the cooldown faster.

Couldn't disagree more. The extended range has made shift grabbing 10x easier on my end, I don't understand the complaints about the grab being worse. I also much prefer it since you actually have to time your grabs instead of mash clicking and hoping for the best, since before your hand could miraculously clip past them. The animation for it is also way cooler and creepier compared to a lazy ass hand swipe.

Everything else, yeah, totally agree.
The update left a lot to be desired.

On 5/25/2018 at 11:28 PM, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

If the bots were actually more smarter

Hm.

On a side note, playing as Jason in QP - I'm getting hit and stunned from behind when stopping a car. I'm getting fucking stunned before the animation is finished, the camera is still on the car, and the car is still recoiling. That's fucking obscenely ridiculous. 

• Confused 1

On 5/25/2018 at 9:17 PM, John Wick said:

When the opinions being presented are as bad as some of the stuff OP is mentioning, it’s a good thing they aren’t listening. Most people here complaining don’t know what the hell theyre talking about any way and rarely offer anything of value

Savage as fuck Mr.Wick

On 5/26/2018 at 12:28 AM, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

I know, they are fine but their items aren't fine. I had a match with them where I morphed to the phone box to put a trap, then I morphed to one car and the battery (and probably the gas since when I morphed to the other car they started it). And we have to mention almost all of them have have at least one pocket knife and firecrackers (some of them have medsprays instead of firecrackers). If the bots were actually more smarter instead of spawning with items would be more cool instead of being the same dumb but now they spawn with items and repair things way more faster.

By the way, I forgot to mention a bug that makes some bots stay still the whole match until you grab them, don't know what happens but it happens.

Like I said. Put them on hard and they will be hard. Complaining that hard bots are hard is complaining just to complain.

2 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Like I said. Put them on hard and they will be hard. Complaining that hard bots are hard is complaining just to complain.

I play on normal, and I have the same problems with the bots all just starting with knives and firecrackers.

1 hour ago, JasonVsWindows said:

I play on normal, and I have the same problems with the bots all just starting with knives and firecrackers.

Yeah, this is a really big issue.
When I'm in offline and I use Morph at the start of the match and immediately find a counselor, I should not be knifed and then have them throw down firecrackers right below me when they haven't even entered a house yet to check drawers. If anything, what they did to "improve the AI" is add artificial difficulty, allowing them to see you from 12+ miles away somehow and also always managing to have a way out of your grabs and attacks. Sorry, but I'd rather play with a lobby filled with cheap counselors as a Jason than play the AI now. At least human players can fuck up their trolling and leave a blind spot, the AI doesn't seem to do that at this point.

18 minutes ago, al1ve said:

Yeah, this is a really big issue.
When I'm in offline and I use Morph at the start of the match and immediately find a counselor, I should not be knifed and then have them throw down firecrackers right below me when they haven't even entered a house yet to check drawers. If anything, what they did to "improve the AI" is add artificial difficulty, allowing them to see you from 12+ miles away somehow and also always managing to have a way out of your grabs and attacks. Sorry, but I'd rather play with a lobby filled with cheap counselors as a Jason than play the AI now. At least human players can fuck up their trolling and leave a blind spot, the AI doesn't seem to do that at this point.

This @Alien_Number_Six.

Lol so what if the bots have knives and firecrackers, are you mad that they made it slightly more challenging? They still run headlong into walls, get stuck on boulders the only difdrence is now you cant kill them as easily or precisely as you want to. 

Other than the basic sound bugs, the biggest thing I encounter nearly every other game is the game randomly shuffling counselors and Jasons regardless of who was picked. Like I just finished a game where I'd picked Mitch and ended up as Chad, our Jason had picked part 6 and spawned in as 9, etc. Some of the other bugs are mostly aesthetic, but this is actually altering the gameplay from what people are actually trying to do. Jumping from a 9 composure character to a 1 composure character and trying to play the game in the way that I usually do is a pretty drastic shift, to say the least. I've also been switched to part 5 Jason roughly 3 times in 7 games, despite having picked 6 or 8.

1 hour ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Sounds like complaining just to complain to me. If you play on Hard mode you get Hard mode now. If you can't handle getting knifed in hard mode put it on easy.

4 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Sounds like complaining just to complain to me. If you play on Hard mode you get Hard mode now. If you can't handle getting knifed in hard mode put it on easy.

I know dude, I was just saying that devs should do bots actually smarter instead of putting them on an artificial hard mode where they still dumb but now they just spawn with powerful items.

• Like 1

I just want them to fix the rainbow color crap on Xbox, it makes Pinehurst and the “Jason is here” SP Challenge unplayable right now. If anyone wants to see how bad it is do the toilet kill on Vanessa in the SP Challenge, seeing her drowned in rainbow toilet water is very distracting. I haven’t even played a online MP game yet.

Please making fixing Pinehurst on Xbox high priority @ShiftySamurai

12 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

I know dude, I was just saying that devs should do bots actually smarter instead of putting them on an artificial hard mode where they still dumb but now they just spawn with powerful items.

I would like smarter bots as well. And these bots are a bit smarter. They actually set traps now. As far as artificial difficulty goes every single artificial intelligence in games is supplemented by cheap tactics. That's why first person shooter enemies go from being realistic shooters missing a couple shots here and there to T-800 aim-bot terminators when you put the game on hard.

31 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Does easy mode actualy stop the a.i from spawning with all these items?

Cause again, this problem is on the normal difficulty setting too.

16 minutes ago, JasonVsWindows said:

Does easy mode actualy stop the a.i from spawning with all these items?

Cause again, this problem is on the normal difficulty setting too.

I think I got knifed twice. And no crackers.

New bugs:  -In the middle of a kill the body of the counselors starts shaking everywhere, aswell Jason.

- In some parts of the roads the texture is bugged and make it more brighter than others (saw this on Higgins Haven Small)

Ok I play some offline bots on both normal and easy. @Alien_Number_Six is right, on easy I only got one knife or firecracker on most rounds.

But out of five rounds on normal I got 

1. 4 Knives, 3 Firecrackers
  2. 4 Knives, 3 Firecrackers (car was fixed almost immediately)
  3. 8 Knives, 5 Firecrackers
  4. 4 Knives, 4 Firecracker
  5. 7 Knives, 6 Firecracker.

The average seems to be around four but those numbers can get insane

Some other bugs I've found include

• Pig spliter's  'Up and Under' kill causes the victims body to slightly teleport (not moving from the rage doll or anything, just weirdly poping in at a different part of the ground) 
  • Window's hit detection is still inconsistent (I can still whale on them in combat stance and not break them)
  • A.I. will run into ankle high rocks indefinitely
  • A.I. will sometimes stop moving for no reason (One got the car stated and did nothing, other don't move from their spawn till they see me)
  • Retro Jason's shirt and hands are for some reason darker then the rest of his body
  • Jason's combat stance does not change to fit swaped weapons (slight corraction from what I said last time) 

Oh and this