Sign in to follow this  
MASKOAA

Why was Jason nerfed so hard?

The previous patches buffed him b/c he was getting his ass whipped and then this huge update comes out and I feel more nerfed than ever before. Maybe I need more playtime with it but initial impression is Jason is weak again.

I just played as Jason. I am ok at best. (Level 96)I haven't played much lately and and am a bit rusty. I got my ass kicked all over the place while playing Roy. Somehow I still managed to get 8/8 with just over a minute left in the game. I am very satisfied with Jason this patch. 

• Like 2

I am landing shift grabs more often than I did before. However, standard grabs are a lot more risky to go for due to being locked into that sluggish animation. At least with a shift grab, if I miss, a counselor is usually to busy juking to go for a punish. I always thought there should be some kind of grab cooldown and that it shouldn't be infinitely spammable, but this isn't the fashion I though it'd happen in. I have adjusted though.

Counselors on the other hand just aren't fun to play at all anymore. Random instances of not being able to press X on prompts or swing my weapon, getting stuck in combat stance, weapons not stunning Jason despite getting the 'Stunner' bonus and my counselor saying their stun quote. To top it off, every melee weapon besides Bats and Axes got nerfed into the ground. Frying pans have 4 stun but break in 2 hits even as Chad with 15% Man At Arms.

My matches as Jason have gone much more smoothly than my matches as counselors. The grab is something I adjusted to, but I can't adjust to the endless bugs on the counselor's side of the gameplay.

I don't think Jason has been nerfed to be honest. The new grab has been working wonderfully for me and I've been having no problem catching people with it. I actually managed to shift grab a sprinting Tommy last night from directly behind him. Usually have to hit from the side or front to get the grab. The new weapon and combat stance attacks are definitely better too; Savini Jason's pitchfork doesn't get stuck on every little thing now. 

Also had another Tommy try to attack me in a 1 v 1 last night. He had absolutely no chance and couldn't land 1 single hit. I grabbed him 4 times in a row during a fight by the boat on Jarvis House :) The lunging in the grab might make people miss if they're not careful but that extra reach and how quick he grabs you with it have been wonderful for me so far.

I think J feels pretty good and if you’ve followed me much on here I’m a staunch proponent of a seriously OP Jason. The new grab is great for the most part. Very emphatic. I’m a tad worried the new perks will push the balance too far towards the counselors but as of now I haven’t played enough to really get a feel for it. 

4 minutes ago, John Wick said:

I think J feels pretty good and if you’ve followed me much on here I’m a staunch proponent of a seriously OP Jason. The new grab is great for the most part. Very emphatic. I’m a tad worried the new perks will push the balance too far towards the counselors but as of now I haven’t played enough to really get a feel for it. 

The new perks are no issue, as they're just Epic Perks we already had before with a useless little stat.