4 hours ago, Maggot Head said:

For Christ's sakes, there's a gamma setting people. Use it.

There is.  

And then when you turn it up higher, everything washes out.

So you're either playing on a map that at times can be pitch black and you see nothing...or a virtual white wash anytime you see a light source.  

Good times to be had by all! 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Honestly what's gonna happen is the return of slasher Jason.

People will complain on their mics about a player being a noob or cheap....and then the forums will be full of slasher Jason complaints. 

Slashing is underused as it is. In fact the go-to for me has always been, slash to get in limp state, then go for the grab if possible. If you're overwhelmed by counselors you really shouldn't be grabbing at all.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SirMang said:

There is.  

So you're either playing on a map that at times can be pitch black and you see nothing...or a virtual white wash anytime you see a light source.  

There's no wash out for me. I've only got it cranked up to about 2.5 and it's more or less back to where it was. A tad darker, but I left it that way on purpose, just to go for more of a horror vibe.

15 minutes ago, Maggot Head said:

Slashing is underused as it is. In fact the go-to for me has always been, slash to get in limp state, then go for the grab if possible. If you're overwhelmed by counselors you really shouldn't be grabbing at all.

If Jason slashes a counselor they can counterattack before Jason can attack, block or get out of the way. Every time Jason successfully slashes you, you should be hitting his ass to the ground.

• Like 1

Trying to enjoy the update but wow what a glitchfest... so much for releasing a “polished update”

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

If Jason slashes a counselor they can counterattack before Jason can attack, block or get out of the way. Every time Jason successfully slashes you, you should be hitting his ass to the ground.

I've played the footsie game in this long enough to know how it usually goes. You can simply bait the swing, then slash, which should create stunlock, or even block then punish. Whiff baiting with the old grab was great, but it wasn't the end all be all of mindgames here. I've had to find alternatives to some spicy jukers who use unorthadox methods before. I'll adjust here too.

In fact, some new tech I've been meaning to try is to whiff-bait with the combat slash the same way as with the grab, then punish with the new grab. Don't know how that would work out with it being mostly stationary though.

49 minutes ago, SirMang said:

There is.  

I put mine at 2.78 just about put it the way it was before the update

So ... first impressions ... Singleplayerchallenges can be fum for a little while, but the bots can see you from behind, thru walls and so on. Mybe fun for a short amount of time but will, more sooner than later, be dumped and abandoned like virtual cabin.

Online qp is as shitty as always. I know  salt mines may take some time to show some effect. Their are so many quitters that it will be hard to find game if you are not in the salt mines. The whole QP already is a saltmine. And if you are not in the saltmines who will be the players you have to deal with? The gang-up- Jason- hunting-pinataparty-guys. No, thnaks, not interessted in that.

Over the last few months I played offlinebots the most. The AI was always as dumb as it possibly gets, but it was ok and I only hoped for some improvements in the AIs behaviour. What did the devs do? They just gave the bots a shitload of pocketknifes and firecrackers, but let thembe as dumb as they always were.

Now you get endlessly pocketknifed. Its as annoying as it gets.

So instead ofhaving a long night of playing Friday the 13th which I would have really liked to, because I have a long weekend this week, I went to bed to sleep over it.

I woke up early and thought, maybe I give it another shot I did so, triedevery mode once again and came to theconclusion that it is really completly messed up. That was the best they could do?

As the sun was about to rise I uninstalled it, I am done with this peice of crap once and for all. Technically, in my case, you can say: Friday the 13th the game was dead by daylight.

My first impression is mixed.

On my PS4, I enjoyed some challenges and the basic Jason gameplay. Standard attack swinging can't be used to break windows anymore, but I like the new spear/trident swing. Bots on Normal start with items and perks (some have knives, fuse, and some have sense evasion).

Then I played on PC and was instantly soured. For the record, I have a monitor that has fucked settings so that dark things are SUPER fucking dark. IE: originally in a power-less cabin, it was hard enough to see the walls. However now, even well lit cabins are a pain to navigate. Oh well, I can adapt, right? So I went into a round and was picked as Savini jason with the pig splitter. Should be amusing...

Except once the phone box was fixed, it could not be disabled, meaning calling the cops was assured. I managed to kill two counselors in a natural manner. The third was before a typical Vanessa and Tommy duo showed up. This was then the start of a total frustrating mess. Aside from three shotgun blasts (I have no clue, too dark), both had at least two knives and four med sprays. In less than a minute they had my mask off (complete with teabagging, of course). I focused on slashing but, welp, once a stun hit on me was achieved, everyone was med spraying up.

Then they didn't go to the cops(which everyone else ran off with before I got there) so I chased after them. Oh, whups, that black blob amidst the black blob happens to be my cabin. I better rush in and corner the vanessa... oh, too dark, can't see shit ,can't see what I'm stuck on aaaaaand I'm dead.

So my PC version at level 150 is terrible to play now since I can't see shit and the hackers are having ever easier times killing/trolling Jason.

And my PS4 version which was meant for more casual play is stuck around level 70 and I either grind bots for the exp boost doing the "same old" to get weapon swapping, or do challenges to unlock pointless emotes with exp gain that is so small that it might as well not exist.

5 hours ago, DasMurich said:

People threw fits over pocket knives being reduced way back when, I said adapt. I prefer using Jason, his grab has changed, I'm saying to myself and anyone else - adapt. 

I agreed with most of the things you said throughout your post, but this stood out to me as one of the most relevant things you mentioned.  I have seen a lot of people flipping out saying how much the new grab "sucks".  I love it.  The look of it is better; the sound effect is cool; and due to the new precision requirement to get a shift grab, it is going to make matches much more interesting and challenging.  Before the update, it was far too easy to spam the grab button and turn while grabbing, which meant it took very little practice, skill, or effort to successfully grab a counselor.  Now, it is going to take at least an iota of effort, which is great.  I think with practice people will adapt to it and eventually end up liking (or at least appreciating) it.  I have only had a limited amount of time to experiment with the new update, but, from what I have played,  I'm really enjoying the new update.  

I don't like how you can't break an open window where the glass slides up in combat stance.

There have been many occasions where a counselor climbs through it and I am able to CS heavy attack the window for damage. The prompt window breaking doesn't trigger when the counselor is getting up because of that dumb invincible bubble.

13 hours ago, Guy said:

Loving the new child friendly sparkly unicorn blood...

Video here

How even...

3 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Gamma.

Exactly. Granted it's DARK compared to pre patch and its worse as jason. I took my gamma from 2.2 to 2.85... helped a lot.

First impressions......I really like it so far. Challenges are really fun and what I was hoping for since launch. I haven’t tried bots yet but did get into three multiplayer matches with one as Jason. Part 4 with the machete takes down doors really fast. Experienced one glitch as a counselor (couldn’t crawl through a window once or twice) and one as Jason (grabbed counselors began flickering).

Right now, my primary interest is on the Challenges. I hope there are plans to add more (even as paid DLC).

I do wish that there wasn’t a time limit on the Challenges. I enjoyed sneaking around and not just going in for the kill.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

And how do you suggest people do that? We can't grab unless we're right on top of people now, and if we get that close they just swift attacker us into oblivion. We can try to block that on reflex, but I tried that in my match as Jason and found that half the time Jason would enter combat stance but not block, so even that's not reliable now.

?the new animation causes a quick lunge... It makes it much harder to stun as a counselor, it's just new and different. So... Adapt?

First qp game since November, connection timed out before the XP screen. 

Not surprised I guess. Back to something else.

8 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

I wouldn't say they're comparable to decent players, but they're now consistently better than higher level newer players.

Yeah, that's actually what I was hoping to imply. Maybe I failed at that lol but I think we agree. 

8 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

And how do you suggest people do that?

The grab requires precision. I noticed there were some attempts I made that I normally would have landed even though, admittedly, they were sloppy and not quite on target. I just thought, okay, I missed plain and simple. 

But the new lunge, on the positive side, I think really helps in gauging that distance between Jason and a counselor and when you're lined up that's it, you are not missing. I've seen an immediate drop in grabbing short of the counselors personally. It's just a refined mechanic that'll take some getting used to IMO.

It's like throwing a knife at a counselor you're chasing and you're lining yourself up and not just standing there aiming. The. You can fire off the knife without notice.

If it ends up being that his grab has now become a massive liability and he's just opening himself almost all the time, yeah, devs will need to fix it. If that's the case they'll need to just add invulnerability to it.

6 hours ago, Maggot Head said:

Totally agree. I always Slash to weaken the counselors and go for a grab kill. 

Weapon strength is the best stat when dealing with Jason killers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PartVI_legend said:

I lost My AJs glitched bikini outfit ??

Well they had to get rid of the important things...

:chadwut:

8 hours ago, AngronKharn said:

I uninstalled it, I am done with this peice of crap once and for all. Technically, in my case, you can say: Friday the 13th the game was dead by daylight.

Ouch!

8 hours ago, Guy said:

Improved bots....

Video Here

So the bots weren’t actually improved at all, you just get knifed every time you grab them now. ?